PDA

View Full Version : All Things NOLA!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Cruisin Dave
May 30th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Mary,
There were most of the Impressionist represented but my favorite was not, van Gough. His is just a little bit different.
I also like Art Deco. We have to pieces of Erte's work. Not originals, but numbered and a AP. They are nice and simple.
Glad your weather has cooled off. We will have a couple days of cooler weather this weekend.
Dave

barnismom
May 30th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Good morning Cruisers,

Sorry I haven't been here is a while but things are a little hectic. We are still on strike and no talks between the company and the union has been planned as of yesterday. I'm at the hall about 4 times a week. I'm getting a real good tan on my arms and legs.

Aloha Carol, you can't quit on us now. I'm still booked and still plan on sailing. I'm sure we will be back at work soon.

Hope all are doing well. Bettie and I spent yesterday at the Kimball Museum in Fort Worth. They have an Impressionism Exhibit that is owned by a private collector. It is the first time it has been on display in many years. Tuesday is half price day so we took advantage of me being off.

I'll try to post more often.

Dave
Dave, I love Monet; he is my favorite! I keep praying that your strike ends SOON! I don't want you to deplete your travel fund...at least you are getting a partial tan.

Hello to Bettie!

Host Corkey
May 30th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Dave, I love Monet; he is my favorite! I keep praying that your strike ends SOON! I don't want you to deplete your travel fund...at least you are getting a partial tan.

Hello to Bettie!

I love Monet too - !! have some prints -well, you know, just pics maybe - the $35 kind - have one with 3 of his paintings on one vertical layout on the wall at the top of our landing - my fave is the lily pads on the water -

hello everyone! the other day I thought it was Mon but it was Tues and today I thought it was Thur and it's Wed... it better not be Sat tomorrow cuz I am not ready for the weekend! ha!ha! Corkey Carol

barnismom
May 30th, 2012, 11:46 PM
I love Monet too - !! have some prints -well, you know, just pics maybe - the $35 kind - have one with 3 of his paintings on one vertical layout on the wall at the top of our landing - my fave is the lily pads on the water -

hello everyone! the other day I thought it was Mon but it was Tues and today I thought it was Thur and it's Wed... it better not be Sat tomorrow cuz I am not ready for the weekend! ha!ha! Corkey Carol
Carol, it must be nice to be that confused. FYI, I missed the "Day" of the week on the Princess elevators...must only be a Royal Caribbean feature!

My favorite Monet's are those of his home - Giverny...

Cruisin Dave
May 30th, 2012, 11:53 PM
Howdy Cruisers and art lovers,

Here is the link to the info on the exhibit Bettie and I saw yesterday: http://impressionism.kimbellart.org/ The only thing I wish was in the exhibit was van Gough. Love his stuff.

Char asked what hotel we were staying in. I told her the Homewood Suites. There hasn't been any changes. She and Jim my join us post cruise.

Dave

Host Corkey
May 31st, 2012, 01:23 AM
Carol, it must be nice to be that confused. FYI, I missed the "Day" of the week on the Princess elevators...must only be a Royal Caribbean feature!

My favorite Monet's are those of his home - Giverny...

I love those Days of the Week on RCCL too = altho' it makes me sad when it's the day before we leave or THE day of departure - makes me want to rip off the departure day inlay - ha!ha!

What do you think of Thomas Kinkade? We have his series, End of a Perfect Day and that's the only series I like - I don't like any of his others -- now those are not prints but actual paintings -- not THE #1 paintings, but they are worth a little $$ - or at least more than what we paid - well, maybe the frames are too - ha!ha! I am not into TK that much- like I said, just those 3 paintings -- carol

barnismom
May 31st, 2012, 10:24 PM

Here is the link to the info on the exhibit Bettie and I saw yesterday: http://impressionism.kimbellart.org/ The only thing I wish was in the exhibit was van Gough. Love his stuff.

Char asked what hotel we were staying in. I told her the Homewood Suites. There hasn't been any changes. She and Jim my join us post cruise.

Dave
Hello Dave!

Thank you for sharing the link! I love Renoir's "Venice"...wonderful city.

Oh how wonderful if Char and Jim could join us in NOLA! FYI, has anyone looked at the hotel rates at all lately?

barnismom
May 31st, 2012, 10:29 PM
I love those Days of the Week on RCCL too = altho' it makes me sad when it's the day before we leave or THE day of departure - makes me want to rip off the departure day inlay - ha!ha!

What do you think of Thomas Kinkade? We have his series, End of a Perfect Day and that's the only series I like - I don't like any of his others -- now those are not prints but actual paintings -- not THE #1 paintings, but they are worth a little $$ - or at least more than what we paid - well, maybe the frames are too - ha!ha! I am not into TK that much- like I said, just those 3 paintings -- carol
Carol, it is sad how he died; he basically drunk himself to death. It must be difficult to see your life on top of the world and then everything crumbling at the end. I remember reading about his lawsuit a few years ago.

FYI, he lived in nearby Los Gatos which I never knew. We are less than 2 miles away from LG.
I was never a fan but I didn't dislike him either. I am not really familiar with his collection. However, he was a painter for the average person.

onevacationlover
May 31st, 2012, 10:43 PM
Ditto one thousand times on this Carol!! We love you!:)

Thanks for sharing Carol - I love it!!

onevacationlover
May 31st, 2012, 10:47 PM

Dave

Lovely
:)

barnismom
June 1st, 2012, 07:28 PM
It's finally here!
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/weekend-glitters/cocktail-great-weekend_131.gif

Host Corkey
June 2nd, 2012, 03:31 PM
[quote=barnismom;33991938]It's finally here!
http://www.dazzlejunction.com/greetings/weekend-glitters/cocktail-great-weekend_131.gif[/qu ote]

I'll drink to that!! haven't figured out how to do icons yet on my new computer - it's different from my old one - things are never easy for me anyway! ha!ha! carol

insulationbabe
June 3rd, 2012, 05:55 PM
Hi everyone:
Haven't posted much but just learned of this site from Karen - so here I am.

Thinking of maybe driving up the day before since we will be in Florida for the winter - and grabbing a room - will check out the Drury Inn as suggested by a few of you.

Thanks for all the information:)

NAHA
June 3rd, 2012, 06:30 PM

Hello to Bettie!

Agreed, Janice, Monet is my favorite Impressionist also.

Had a busy weekend, granddaughters' birthday party was yesterday, Avery's ballet recital today. Just getting back into the internet world, checking emails, etc....:)

NAHA
June 3rd, 2012, 06:32 PM
Hi everyone:

Thinking of maybe driving up the day before since we will be in Florida for the winter - and grabbing a room - will check out the Drury Inn as suggested by a few of you.

Welcome to the "NOLA" thread!! Please stop by often.:)

Cruisin Dave
June 3rd, 2012, 08:07 PM
Good evening Cupids,

Still walking the picket line and no talks scheduled at this moment. Here's hoping that changes this week.

Welcome to insulationbabe.

Mary, spending time with the grandkids are allot of fun. You can spoil them, send them home andmthey can drive the parents crazy.

Janice, Bettie says hi.

Later,
Dave

barnismom
June 4th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Hi everyone:

Thanks for stopping by...lucky you you can juggle the seasons! How long of a drive would you have from your Floridian home? At least you won't have to worry about snow!

Come back again!

barnismom
June 4th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Agreed, Janice, Monet is my favorite Impressionist also.

Had a busy weekend, granddaughters' birthday party was yesterday, Avery's ballet recital today. Just getting back into the internet world, checking emails, etc....:)
We had a busy weekend too...a family reunion 3 1/2 hours away Saturday. Today we went to the Sunset Magazine Celebration and saw Guy Fieri; what a character and dinner at our friends. Got back a little awhile ago and now catching up.

Here's to a good week for those who have to work and not work!

barnismom
June 4th, 2012, 12:24 AM
Good evening Cupids,

Still walking the picket line and no talks scheduled at this moment. Here's hoping that changes this week.

Mary, spending time with the grandkids are allot of fun. You can spoil them, send them home andmthey can drive the parents crazy.

Janice, Bettie says hi.

Later,
Dave
Dave, hasn't it been a month now? Did the other 2 unions also go out on strike too? Amazing that Lockheed doesn't want to start negotiations...

Hola back to dear Bettie!

Host Corkey
June 4th, 2012, 01:17 AM
We had a busy weekend too...a family reunion 3 1/2 hours away Saturday. Today we went to the Sunset Magazine Celebration and saw Guy Fieri; what a character and dinner at our friends. Got back a little awhile ago and now catching up.

Wow!! Love Guy F... hope you took pics - i still have the one of you and Samantha Brown - anyway, I finally saw the segment on the triple D of Squeeze Inn... where did you go for your family reunion? 3-1/2 hrs would get us past Fresno...

Big Dave - still with you on your strike - hoping for the best...

Happy Monday everyone! carol

Cruisin Dave
June 4th, 2012, 10:17 PM
Howdy Friends,

At the original negotiations the company did not negotiate. They presented thier proposal then walked out. that was it. Take it or leave it. So we left it. 93.5% voted to strike and turn down the contract. The other unions received a little bit different contract and accepted it. Theirs was not the same as ours, plus there are fewer members in their union. As of today on 3% have crossed and we began the 7th week. From what we are hearing inside the plant, not much is happening. They are completing work on a few things that was almost completed but no new starts. They are getting further behind and this may cost them allot in the end.

I'll keep everyone informed if things change.

Dave

NAHA
June 4th, 2012, 10:29 PM

I like Guy Fieri!

A family reunion sounds like a nice time. Did you have an outdoor party or indoor? When I was a child we always had family reunions in the summer..not so much now, I miss it.:p

NAHA
June 4th, 2012, 10:31 PM
Good evening Cupids,

Janice, Bettie says hi.

Later,
Dave

And how I LOVE spoiling them!!!:D:D

barnismom
June 4th, 2012, 11:08 PM
Wow!! Love Guy F... hope you took pics - i still have the one of you and Samantha Brown - anyway, I finally saw the segment on the triple D of Squeeze Inn... where did you go for your family reunion? 3-1/2 hrs would get us past Fresno...

Big Dave - still with you on your strike - hoping for the best...

Happy Monday everyone! carol
Carol, we went to Marysville for the family reunion. We mostly sat outside and it was windy and warm so my allergies kicked in later than evening driving home. Shawn and Jack always serve tri-tip...YUMMO! They own 5 acres outside of town and Jack used to be a real cowboy! It is amazing how quickly the kids grow up...

I took two short-videos of Guy but no closeup opportunities. We are thinking of his restaurant Johnny Garlic's for Father's Day...check out menu! His two sons were cute and he put them both to work in the kitchen; they are 5 & 13.

Host Corkey
June 4th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Ok I am nosey -- always... Janice, who is Shawn and Jack? I am assuming members of Patrick's family...

hello to everyone - it was raining here today - windy but not too chilly altho' it wasn't hot -

went out and did errands but waited for narce to come home so he can drive me and help me carry groceries from store to car -

carol

barnismom
June 5th, 2012, 04:50 AM
Ok I am nosey -- always... Janice, who is Shawn and Jack? I am assuming members of Patrick's family...

hello to everyone - it was raining here today - windy but not too chilly altho' it wasn't hot -

went out and did errands but waited for narce to come home so he can drive me and help me carry groceries from store to car -

carol
Carol, Patrick's family tree is so complicated...Shawn is Patrick's Aunt and cousin too (mom's side). It was wonderful seeing some old family photos!

...the weather yesterday was very unique and yes it did rain and I hate to admit the weatherman was CORRECT (for once). Let's hope it warms up again and not that HOT.

barnismom
June 7th, 2012, 12:27 AM
WOW, no posts for awhile...there are no new shows on so where is everyone? We watched the Stanley Cup tonight...no win yet for the KINGS.

Host Corkey
June 7th, 2012, 11:06 PM
WOW, no posts for awhile...there are no new shows on so where is everyone? We watched the Stanley Cup tonight...no win yet for the KINGS.

I don't normally watch TV anyway, except for DWTS but next week, Dallas starts - one of my fave shows way back a long time ago!!!

- did errands today and narce is off tomorrow so he has a list and I guess I'll be going with him - maybe he'll treat me to lunch!!

Hello to Everyone! Carol

NAHA
June 7th, 2012, 11:52 PM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-Nazz-Restaurant-Lounge-Falmouth-JA/210946285608835

I was doing a little looking around on the internet and found this link for a club in Falmouth, it appears to be right at the dock...since Jamaica is usually not a really popular port, I thought this looked like a neat place to maybe have lunch. :D

Will do some research on it.

barnismom
June 8th, 2012, 12:13 AM
I don't normally watch TV anyway, except for DWTS but next week, Dallas starts - one of my fave shows way back a long time ago!!!

- did errands today and narce is off tomorrow so he has a list and I guess I'll be going with him - maybe he'll treat me to lunch!!

Hello to Everyone! Carol
Carol, I used to watch Dallas way back when...I've read a little about this new series but debating if I will watch.

So where will the errands be run? I bet Narce treats you to lunch; enjoy!

barnismom
June 8th, 2012, 12:14 AM
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Club-Nazz-Restaurant-Lounge-Falmouth-JA/210946285608835

I was doing a little looking around on the internet and found this link for a club in Falmouth, it appears to be right at the dock...since Jamaica is usually not a really popular port, I thought this looked like a neat place to maybe have lunch. :D

Will do some research on it.
Mary, I am sure that there will be more things to do in Falmouth and the surrounding areas. Thanks for doing the research!

barnismom
June 9th, 2012, 11:15 PM
Hello everyone!

We are back from a day trip to Monterey, CA; a hour drive away from our home. DH and I spent the majority of the time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it must be mating season since we saw active penguins and sea horse; a first!

I had many choices for lunch but settled on the Fish Hopper and we had a beautiful view of the bay! However, my crab melt sandwich was so-so and DH had a bone-in rib eye which was a tad overdone (he loves medium rare).

Now catching up on the to-do lists at home. Enjoy the weekend!

Host Corkey
June 10th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Hello everyone!

We are back from a day trip to Monterey, CA; a hour drive away from our home. DH and I spent the majority of the time at the Monterey Bay Aquarium and it must be mating season since we saw active penguins and sea horse; a first!

I had many choices for lunch but settled on the Fish Hopper and we had a beautiful view of the bay! However, my crab melt sandwich was so-so and DH had a bone-in rib eye which was a tad overdone (he loves medium rare).

Now catching up on the to-do lists at home. Enjoy the weekend!

sounds like you had fun - don't you just hate it when you go somewhere and anticipate on a good meal and it is so/so-- the wedding anniv party was great! altho' so windy in Rio Vista, plus they live along the river - in one part of the yard, it would be cold and windy and other parts would be hot and windy - food... super great - perfectly BBQ'd chicken, tri-tips, spareribs, lots and lots of different salads, appetizers, and desserts galore - they served 1/2 chickens-- huge - had to have them all - ha!ha! so that was my breakfast/lunch/dinner and breakfast for tomorrow - won't eat til late tomorrow!!

NAHA
June 10th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mary, I am sure that there will be more things to do in Falmouth and the surrounding areas. Thanks for doing the research!

No problem, Janice, just looking around a bit on the internet, printing and putting things in my New Orleans file for later.

Next Friday, Steve and I leave for Vermillion Bay, Canada for our annual muskie fishing trip. Starting to get our meals lined up and a few lists made. Yesterday we smoked a pork roast for our pulled pork. Looking forward to leaving...I feel the need for a nice, relaxing vacation...;)

90's here today...staying in and doing some lite chores...reading a book...cuddling with my pup. Have a good day everyone!:D

Islandtime314
June 10th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Love New Orleans & the food is fantastic. Lunch at K-Pauls on Chartres (try the bread pudding) & the Blackened Chicken Ceasar Salad at Magnolia Grill on Decatur are standouts from my last visit.

Linda

NAHA
June 10th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Love New Orleans & the food is fantastic. Lunch at K-Pauls on Chartres (try the bread pudding) & the Blackened Chicken Ceasar Salad at Magnolia Grill on Decatur are standouts from my last visit.

Linda

Thanks for stopping by, Linda and sharing with us. I will include this information in my NOLA file.

Please feel free to stop by again if you wish!:):)

barnismom
June 10th, 2012, 09:23 PM
sounds like you had fun - don't you just hate it when you go somewhere and anticipate on a good meal and it is so/so-- the wedding anniv party was great! altho' so windy in Rio Vista, plus they live along the river - in one part of the yard, it would be cold and windy and other parts would be hot and windy - food... super great - perfectly BBQ'd chicken, tri-tips, spareribs, lots and lots of different salads, appetizers, and desserts galore - they served 1/2 chickens-- huge - had to have them all - ha!ha! so that was my breakfast/lunch/dinner and breakfast for tomorrow - won't eat til late tomorrow!!
Carol, Patrick is telling me that I am getting pickier in my old age! I love crab melt sandwiches and was debating over that or oysters...or a combo salad.

Glad you had a fun time at the 70th wedding anniversary party; what a milestone that is today! Did they say what their secret is to a long marriage?

barnismom
June 10th, 2012, 09:25 PM
No problem, Janice, just looking around a bit on the internet, printing and putting things in my New Orleans file for later.

Next Friday, Steve and I leave for Vermillion Bay, Canada for our annual muskie fishing trip. Starting to get our meals lined up and a few lists made. Yesterday we smoked a pork roast for our pulled pork. Looking forward to leaving...I feel the need for a nice, relaxing vacation...;)

90's here today...staying in and doing some lite chores...reading a book...cuddling with my pup. Have a good day everyone!:D
Mary sadly I am stuck here until NOVEMBER! Fortunately there are such things as getaway weekends...otherwise, I would go mad!

I know that you and Steve will enjoy that trip and time together!

barnismom
June 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM

Linda
Linda, there are so many places to visit and different food experiences and other experiences too. I love bread pudding but of course need to get my beignets and coffee.

...I am not really a chicken person so will pass on the salad. Come back again if you think of any musts to do or other thoughts on this beautiful ecclectic city.

flames
June 11th, 2012, 03:23 AM

Hello to Everyone! Carol

Hi Carol, I too like DWTS but I never did watch Dallas so I might try watching the new one just to see what it's all about:eek:

Now I see you have cabin 9618 and that is on the side of the ship but I was wondering why you went for the Port side of the ship and not for an aft cabin? I like the aft but have you ever been in an aft cabin?:confused:

Carol:)

flames
June 11th, 2012, 03:26 AM

Hi Mary, Please take me with you:eek:;)

I know you will have a good time so have fun and again Please take me with you:D

Host Corkey
June 11th, 2012, 04:20 PM
I have not been in an AFt cabin, like really really aft where the balcony is facing the back - I have been in several cabins NEXT to those but facing the port or starboard - I was ok walking to those areas from the elevators - on the Brilliance class, we prefer the back staterooms under the spa on the 10th deck and we like using the back elevators - used to book those back staterooms on the Monarch too, last rooms but again, NOT facing the very back -- anyway, I think we booked the cabins on the Nav cuz they were the JS that were available and near the concierge... I think... is that the deck of the concierge? the 9th ? the only preference I have on rooms is: must have a balcony - I am ok with wherever it is - however, we try to avoid being directly under the windjammer - or where they have constant noise even during the evenings and sounds like they are moving furniture all night long - ha!ha!

Corkey Carol

Gammiedoux
June 11th, 2012, 07:01 PM
Hi ya'll! I live in Louisiana...way south :) But off of I-10! have been to NOLA many many times! There is so much to do and see that you're like in Disney World but in a "cajunesk" way :D People in NOLA are sometimes considered Creole, however I know many people that consider that an insult ?? Personally, I am Cajun...a Coon Ass if you will. I love being bilingual (cajun french and english) and knowing so many people that play cajun music and can dance the cajun waltz (I am now having to use a wheelchair) I grew up "knowing" how to peel crawfish before I could walk and speaking French before I knew it was a different language from English!! Anyway, thought I'd let you know that any of you can contact me if you need or want more information! Peace Out!

NAHA
June 11th, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hi ya'll! I live in Louisiana...way south :) But off of I-10! have been to NOLA many many times! There is so much to do and see that you're like in Disney World but in a "cajunesk" way :D People in NOLA are sometimes considered Creole, however I know many people that consider that an insult ?? Personally, I am Cajun...a Coon Ass if you will. I love being bilingual (cajun french and english) and knowing so many people that play cajun music and can dance the cajun waltz (I am now having to use a wheelchair) I grew up "knowing" how to peel crawfish before I could walk and speaking French before I knew it was a different language from English!! Anyway, thought I'd let you know that any of you can contact me if you need or want more information! Peace Out!

Gammiedoux, thank you so much for stopping by! It sounds like you are an expert on NOLA!

Some of us are staying over a few nights after the cruise...what shouldn't we miss? Steve and I definitely want to visit Pat O'Briens and also enjoy an original muffalata...we are hoping to do some tours, plantation, ghost, cemetery, etc...:) And of course, Cafe du Monde. What is your recommendation for a nice dinner?

Thanks for your help!:)

NAHA
June 11th, 2012, 07:24 PM
Hi Mary, Please take me with you:eek:;)

I know you will have a good time so have fun and again Please take me with you:D

LOL, Carol!! Would love to!! You might catch a fish bigger than Bob!! :D

flames
June 11th, 2012, 09:55 PM
LOL, Carol!! Would love to!! You might catch a fish bigger than Bob!! :D

Mary, is there any fish in Ontario that is bigger than Bob?:D:eek::p

NAHA
June 11th, 2012, 11:17 PM
Mary, is there any fish in Ontario that is bigger than Bob?:D:eek::p

Sure there is....way down deep in the dark depths of the lake....:eek:

flames
June 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Janice, Kings win the Stanley Cup with 6-1 victory over Devils (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=stanley%20cup&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Fsports%2Fla-sp-kings-devils-20120612%2C0%2C7270938.story&ei=FrjWT_TEPKSA6QHNwL26Aw&usg=AFQjCNH-X-_-k3xMq-LU3LMUrtd9BHq5ew):cool: Are you still watching it, I would love to be there:eek:

flames
June 11th, 2012, 11:46 PM
Sure there is....way down deep in the dark depths of the lake....:eek:

leave them there:D:eek:

I'm off to bed to watch the Bachelorette, I tape it because I watched the hockey game:eek:

barnismom
June 12th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Does your cruise name translate to grandma of two? Thanks for browsing through this thread. My DH and I have been to New Orleans once; the year before Katrina to celebate our 5th anniversary. We had such a wonderful visit and so looking forward to being back. DH and I are planning one day before the cruise and then three days post-cruise.

I love your crawfish which I had every morning in my omlette. Come back again!

barnismom
June 12th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Janice, Kings win the Stanley Cup with 6-1 victory over Devils (http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=stanley%20cup&source=web&cd=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBIQqQIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.latimes.com%2Fsports%2Fla-sp-kings-devils-20120612%2C0%2C7270938.story&ei=FrjWT_TEPKSA6QHNwL26Aw&usg=AFQjCNH-X-_-k3xMq-LU3LMUrtd9BHq5ew):cool: Are you still watching it, I would love to be there:eek:

Carol, I predicted their win after their first round win over the Canucks...although they are the enemies of my team I am glad that they won. We had to tape the end of the third period since we had to make a run to the hospital.

...today was a bad day for me which started with my being told that my favorite black feral cat was dead (he was three years old this month). I had just regrouped and received a phone call from my good friend that her husband was in surgery because of a growth in his abdomen (the size of a watermelon). Richard is doing well and was still loopy but carried on a conversation with us. Here's to Richard's speedy recovery and hopefully this growth is benign.

flames
June 12th, 2012, 01:11 AM
Carol, I predicted their win after their first round win over the Canucks...although they are the enemies of my team I am glad that they won. We had to tape the end of the third period since we had to make a run to the hospital.

...today was a bad day for me which started with my being told that my favorite black feral cat was dead (he was three years old this month). I had just regrouped and received a phone call from my good friend that her husband was in surgery because of a growth in his abdomen (the size of a watermelon). Richard is doing well and was still loopy but carried on a conversation with us. Here's to Richard's speedy recovery and hopefully this growth is benign.

Janice, I will pray for your friend that all is okay and his growth is benign, I know what it is like to have to wait to find out:(

Now what happen to your cat? and I feel for you as it is so sad to lose a pet, I hope you will be okay:(

Love you,

NAHA
June 12th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Janice, a big hug to you and Patrick, so sorry about your cat...and a prayer for Richard, that all turns out well. Keep us posted on his progress.

NAHA
June 12th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Happy Birthday to Steve, my favorite guy who wears PINK!:p:p

flames
June 12th, 2012, 05:05 PM
http://cdn.mdjunction.com/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/images/happy_birthday111.gif

http://www.desiglitters.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/birthday-desi-glitters-31.gif

~~~~~Steve~~~~~

Carol & Bob:)

barnismom
June 12th, 2012, 09:32 PM
Wishing you a wonderful birthday...from Patrick & Janice!
http://steveandmaria.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/steve-bday.jpg

barnismom
June 12th, 2012, 09:35 PM
Janice, I will pray for your friend that all is okay and his growth is benign, I know what it is like to have to wait to find out:(

Now what happen to your cat? and I feel for you as it is so sad to lose a pet, I hope you will be okay:(

Love you,

Carol, Richard was in a funny mood last night going in and out of being lucid...he has lots of friends praying for him!

A good friend at work buried our special friend yesterday after work...he is now closeby to his birthplace and we all have memories of his antics; thanks for asking! At least I don't have the pain of finding him as road kill or just having him disappear and wondering.

Gammiedoux
June 13th, 2012, 12:32 AM
Gammiedoux, thank you so much for stopping by! It sounds like you are an expert on NOLA!

Some of us are staying over a few nights after the cruise...what shouldn't we miss? Steve and I definitely want to visit Pat O'Briens and also enjoy an original muffalata...we are hoping to do some tours, plantation, ghost, cemetery, etc...:) And of course, Cafe du Monde. What is your recommendation for a nice dinner?

Thanks for your help!:)

Hi again...ok MUST sees and dos:
Pat O'Briens (locally called Patty o's) is THE place for a hurricane drink...and the collectible glass is pretty neat.

Central Grocery is the must do place for the muffalatta...yum and while you're there, pick up some dried tomatoes! They are awesome!!

The cemetery tour is a thing to do if you believe in ghosts, etc. Personally, I think you will enjoy it because our graves are above ground. Why? Because most land in south LA is below sea level!!!

Oh, MUST do if you like aquariums...the one in NOLA is gorgeous. Ask what happened during the hurricane ... lot's of cool info!

Surely you are going to stroll Bourbon. Hang on to your purses and wallets! Lots o' pickpockets out there.

Watch for famous people! Really! Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are only two of the ones that live there.

others include:
John Goodman, Harry Connick Jr., all of those famous kinda people :)

For the most part though, people are out to have fun and some to earn a little money. Tip the little kids that are dancing in the streets and the people doing the statue thing.

Add Deanies on Iberville street to your list of places to eat. Order the seafood platter! It's huge!! I promise, two people can eat off of it!!

Take a ride on the street car...a MUST DO to the garden district to get a feel of the old old old houses. Also, may want to take a ride out to the 5th ward...still needs a lot of work due to the floods after Hurricane Katrina. Good history lesson!

Jackson Square is a must see...take a stroll on the boardwalk, there's usually someone playing sax alone...seeing the mississippi, hearing the music and enjoying the smell of the city is so wonderful!

Also, in Jackson Square is the St Louis Cathedral. It is a Catholic cathedral but anyone can go in (respectfully of course) and light a candle for a prayer or whatever (safe sailing maybe?) please be respectful of those that are not tourist but are indeed praying. Respect their privacy.

Statue of Joan of Arc on Decator Street

When you go to Cafe Du Monde, don't just eat, watch them make beignets in the window!

I almost forgot! Court of Two Sisters in the quarter has the absolutely, to die for, best brunch that I've EVER had! A little pricey but ask at the hotel for coupons with something off the price.

Get a praline! It's an awesome candy with pecans (puh cawns) not PEE CANS...you'll get laughed at if you say it peecan :)

In the Riverwalk Mall (beautiful) there is a fudge store...they are all over the city...anyway they sing while making the fudge. Don't miss this it is a free show and something to write home about :D

OOps, if you do go to the cemetary, ask where Marie LaVou is buried. (not so much known secret: no ones knows for sure who is buried there, apparently her children looked just like her and carried on the tradition of VooDoo queen!) I'm not sure if they cleaned her grave up, but used to, you could (I NEVER did) make an X on her grave and leave "her" something and make a wish....don't believe in all of this, but um...won't test fate.

Ok, now I'm wanting to go to NOLA, but have a trip schedule to Seattle for an Alakan cruise....gotta run. Email me if you need something else ...hope I helped!

NAHA
June 13th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Pat O'Briens (locally called Patty o's) is THE place for a hurricane drink...and the collectible glass is pretty neat.

Central Grocery is the must do place for the muffalatta...yum and while you're there, pick up some dried tomatoes! They are awesome!!

The cemetery tour is a thing to do if you believe in ghosts, etc. Personally, I think you will enjoy it because our graves are above ground. Why? Because most land in south LA is below sea level!!!

Oh, MUST do if you like aquariums...the one in NOLA is gorgeous. Ask what happened during the hurricane ... lot's of cool info!

Surely you are going to stroll Bourbon. Hang on to your purses and wallets! Lots o' pickpockets out there.

Watch for famous people! Really! Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are only two of the ones that live there.

others include:

For the most part though, people are out to have fun and some to earn a little money. Tip the little kids that are dancing in the streets and the people doing the statue thing.

Add Deanies on Iberville street to your list of places to eat. Order the seafood platter! It's huge!! I promise, two people can eat off of it!!

Take a ride on the street car...a MUST DO to the garden district to get a feel of the old old old houses. Also, may want to take a ride out to the 5th ward...still needs a lot of work due to the floods after Hurricane Katrina. Good history lesson!

Jackson Square is a must see...take a stroll on the boardwalk, there's usually someone playing sax alone...seeing the mississippi, hearing the music and enjoying the smell of the city is so wonderful!

Also, in Jackson Square is the St Louis Cathedral. It is a Catholic cathedral but anyone can go in (respectfully of course) and light a candle for a prayer or whatever (safe sailing maybe?) please be respectful of those that are not tourist but are indeed praying. Respect their privacy.

When you go to Cafe Du Monde, don't just eat, watch them make beignets in the window!

I almost forgot! Court of Two Sisters in the quarter has the absolutely, to die for, best brunch that I've EVER had! A little pricey but ask at the hotel for coupons with something off the price.

Get a praline! It's an awesome candy with pecans (puh cawns) not PEE CANS...you'll get laughed at if you say it peecan :)

In the Riverwalk Mall (beautiful) there is a fudge store...they are all over the city...anyway they sing while making the fudge. Don't miss this it is a free show and something to write home about :D

OOps, if you do go to the cemetary, ask where Marie LaVou is buried. (not so much known secret: no ones knows for sure who is buried there, apparently her children looked just like her and carried on the tradition of VooDoo queen!) I'm not sure if they cleaned her grave up, but used to, you could (I NEVER did) make an X on her grave and leave "her" something and make a wish....don't believe in all of this, but um...won't test fate.

Ok, now I'm wanting to go to NOLA, but have a trip schedule to Seattle for an Alakan cruise....gotta run. Email me if you need something else ...hope I helped!

This was very helpful! d I know what you mean about puh cawns~I always cringe a little when I hear PEE CANS...LOL!

Thank you for your help and please come back to visit and say hi sometime!:)

NAHA
June 13th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Steve says "thank you " for the birthday wishes....you are truly good friends...and that's why we love ya!:D:D

barnismom
June 14th, 2012, 01:22 AM

others include:

Thanks for stopping by again! MY DH and I have done many of these thinga already and I kept hoping to see Harry Connick Jr. in the Garden District and we loved riding the St. Charles down there and riding back up to the Aquarium where we got onto something (don't remember what type of water transportation) to go up river on the Mississippi...ended up at the Riverwalk Mall.

flames
June 15th, 2012, 01:35 AM
http://bynd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/friday_09.gif

Have a great Friday Everyone:eek:

NAHA
June 15th, 2012, 11:10 AM
http://bynd.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/friday_09.gif

Have a great Friday Everyone:eek:

hehe, cute one Carol!

Host Corkey
June 15th, 2012, 05:31 PM
Steve says "thank you " for the birthday wishes....you are truly good friends...and that's why we love ya!:D:D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!! Hope it was a good one!!
Carol & Narce

Host Corkey
June 15th, 2012, 05:32 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY
BIG DAVE & MISS BETTIE!!!
Enjoy today and all the years ahead!
Hugs,
Carol & Narce

flames
June 15th, 2012, 05:55 PM
http://funny-pics-fun.com/wp-content/uploads/Happy-Anniversary--581x480.jpg

to DAVE & BETTIE ~ wishing you the best in years to come:cool:

flames
June 15th, 2012, 06:06 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!! Hope it was a good one!!
Carol & Narce

Hi Carol, I have change this cruise to The Navigator out of Galveston so I get to go to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel but we are not going untel April 20th 2014 so we may rent a car and drive to New Orleans and take a plane home from NOLA:cool:

flames
June 15th, 2012, 06:12 PM
hehe, cute one Carol!

Thanks Mary:D

barnismom
June 15th, 2012, 09:40 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3_2FCxXqZPQ/TFGuweT5YgI/AAAAAAAAPW0/mnCEPDQY9SY/s1600/birthdya-anniversary-wishes.JPG
WITH LOTS OF LOVE & SPECIAL WISHES, PATRICK &

NAHA
June 17th, 2012, 12:16 AM
OMG, it is FINALLY raining!! We have had the driest June on record. It has been raining for about an hour and a half. (i think the grass and the flowers are really happy!)

NAHA
June 17th, 2012, 12:22 AM
Happy Anniversary, Dave and Bettie! We wish you both many more years of HAPPINESS!!

barnismom
June 17th, 2012, 12:58 AM
To all the dads,grandads and those who are furry dads...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

http://ohiok.com/img/yourspacecooment/meredo/father/happy-fathers-day-bear-hug.gif

flames
June 17th, 2012, 02:54 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Vk9WzK8cAKA/TB4LKKjd2pI/AAAAAAAAAxY/9TtKb5n2NBU/s1600/dmsn37l.jpg

this is more like it:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8cf3ZIrX12w/ST-swy5qHyI/AAAAAAAAAy4/MM08v5hNCTE/s400/happy-fathers-day.jpg

Hope all you fathers out there have a good one:eek:

barnismom
June 17th, 2012, 01:07 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Vk9WzK8cAKA/TB4LKKjd2pI/AAAAAAAAAxY/9TtKb5n2NBU/s1600/dmsn37l.jpg

this is more like it:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8cf3ZIrX12w/ST-swy5qHyI/AAAAAAAAAy4/MM08v5hNCTE/s400/happy-fathers-day.jpg

Hope all you fathers out there have a good one:eek:

So Carol...what's on Bob's agenda for today? Wish him a very special day!

flames
June 17th, 2012, 05:24 PM
So Carol...what's on Bob's agenda for today? Wish him a very special day!

Janice, nothing special for him today but I will make him all his meals today, now that is special:D

He finished the fence in the back yard yesterday so he is resting today:eek:

Happy Father's Day to Patrick also:cool:

barnismom
June 19th, 2012, 01:15 AM
For those who have to work for a living, we have one day down and four to go.

Hope all the dad's were spoiled yesterday!

cruisegirl1
June 19th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Not cruise related – but I found this thread and hope I can jump in.

We are planning a quick visit to NOLA in August (I know – blazingly hot).

We want sort of a luxury accommodations getaway as we are celebrating our anniversary. We’ve been to NOLA many times ( had a child graduate from Tulane) but usually stayed at the Marriott, or Sheraton, We had a nice stay at the Sioniat House a few years ago.

Because of our membership with a nationwide private club, we can a great rate at the Ritz or the Montelone ( about the same as the Sheraton) or the Windsor Court for about $100 per night higher. Each property has a benefit.

Can anyone offer a recommendation and why?
Thanks so much

While I'm on the subject, we’ve been to many of the high end “tourist places” Commanders palace, Emeril’s, Brennan’s etc. Can you recommend any local places in the area. We will not have a car, They can be casual.

THANKS,
M

barnismom
June 20th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Not cruise related – but I found this thread and hope I can jump in.

We are planning a quick visit to NOLA in August (I know – blazingly hot).

We want sort of a luxury accommodations getaway as we are celebrating our anniversary. We’ve been to NOLA many times ( had a child graduate from Tulane) but usually stayed at the Marriott, or Sheraton, We had a nice stay at the Sioniat House a few years ago.

Because of our membership with a nationwide private club, we can a great rate at the Ritz or the Montelone ( about the same as the Sheraton) or the Windsor Court for about $100 per night higher. Each property has a benefit.

Can anyone offer a recommendation and why?
Thanks so much

While I'm on the subject, we’ve been to many of the high end “tourist places” Commanders palace, Emeril’s, Brennan’s etc. Can you recommend any local places in the area. We will not have a car, They can be casual.

THANKS,
M
Hello "M", if you read back some of the "locals" have made a number of recommendations regarding places to eat. Do you have an RCI exchange or some other?

....are you looking for hotel recommendations?

cruisegirl1
June 20th, 2012, 12:30 PM
Hello "M", if you read back some of the "locals" have made a number of recommendations regarding places to eat. Do you have an RCI exchange or some other?

....are you looking for hotel recommendations?

Thanks Janice

Thanks for the response. – I’ll read back through for some casual/local restaurant recommendations. We’ve had many visits in the past - but have not been there in the past few years.

My “membership” I noted is with our city business club of Club Corp, private clubs. They have an association with several properties in NOLA.

We decided to stay at the Windsor Court, but actually got a better package booking directly with hotel, rather than using Club Corp.

We’ll look forward to the visit to NOLA

M

barnismom
June 20th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Thanks Janice

Thanks for the response. – I’ll read back through for some casual/local restaurant recommendations. We’ve had many visits in the past - but have not been there in the past few years.

My “membership” I noted is with our city business club of Club Corp, private clubs. They have an association with several properties in NOLA.

We decided to stay at the Windsor Court, but actually got a better package booking directly with hotel, rather than using Club Corp.

We’ll look forward to the visit to NOLA

M
Hello again! I checked out the Windsor Court, it has great reviews and is a perfect location too. FYI, I always look at options too since you can often find better deals by booking direct!

MY DH have been to NOLA once the year before Katrina and stayed at the Embassy Suites and got upgraded to a wonderful room. We did Brennans and Emeril's for our anniversary dinners the day of and the day after. DH and I loved the hospitality of the locals. Although we only had a long-weekend we really did a lot. This time I would like to do a plantation tour; any recommendations?

Since you will travel before us do come back and let us know your thoughts on things to do, see, places to eat etc. We are cruising February 23rd 2013 with number of friends.

cruisegirl1
June 21st, 2012, 09:29 AM
Janice – I stayed at Embassy Suites when in New Orleans on a conference, and while it was nice , it is a little out of the way.

Throughout the years we’ve done most of the well know spots and are looking for casual places. We’re not going till August but I’ll be sure to report back.

Can’t help with the plantation tours as we’ve never been
Thanks,

M

barnismom
June 21st, 2012, 09:44 PM
Hello Mary and Steve!

Enjoy your fishing trip in Ontario province! Please come back with some big fish tales...

http://www.campmanitoufishing.com/muskie1/21.jpg

barnismom
June 21st, 2012, 09:46 PM
Janice – I stayed at Embassy Suites when in New Orleans on a conference, and while it was nice , it is a little out of the way.

Throughout the years we’ve done most of the well know spots and are looking for casual places. We’re not going till August but I’ll be sure to report back.

Can’t help with the plantation tours as we’ve never been
Thanks,

M
"M" my husband and I like to walk so we didn't find the trek that far to the French Quarter but now that we are 8 years older now...that might be a different story.

Enjoy the weekend ahead!

Cruisin Dave
June 22nd, 2012, 10:38 PM
Good evening cruisers,

Sorry I haven't been here enough recently. It's still quite hectic around here. We are still on strike but a Federal Mediator I now involved. Hopefully there will be an end to this conflict soon. The only problem is. That I have enjoyed my time off too much. Retirement is looking real good.

Thanks for all the Anniversary wishes. We went out to a love hot spot founded by chef Tim Love. The food was great. It is a new venue in Fort Worth.

Hope all is well and I'll try to get on more often.

Dave

flames
June 23rd, 2012, 01:13 AM
Good evening cruisers,

Sorry I haven't been here enough recently. It's still quite hectic around here. We are still on strike but a Federal Mediator I now involved. Hopefully there will be an end to this conflict soon. The only problem is. That I have enjoyed my time off too much. Retirement is looking real good.

Thanks for all the Anniversary wishes. We went out to a love hot spot founded by chef Tim Love. The food was great. It is a new venue in Fort Worth.

Dave

Hi Dave, welcome back and sorry you are still retired:DLOL Hope you get back to normal soon;)

I have change my cruise to the Nav out of Galveston and we are going to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel and when we are in Cozumel the Allure will be there also:cool:

We won't be going until April 20th 2014:rolleyes:

We will rent a car in Galveston and drive to New Orleans and fly home from NOLA, anyone wanting to join us after all it's a great Itinerary;)

barnismom
June 23rd, 2012, 11:47 AM
Good evening cruisers,

Dave
Dave, it sounds like you will be back to work soon! I haven't heard about Chef Love...we just ate at Johnny Garlic's co-owned by Guy Fieri! Yes there was lots of garlic and the size of the appetizer could have fed 6!

Enjoy the weekend and a hug for Bettie! Come back soon!

barnismom
June 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM
Hi Dave, welcome back and sorry you are still retired:DLOL Hope you get back to normal soon;)

I have change my cruise to the Nav out of Galveston and we are going to Honduras, Belize and Cozumel and when we are in Cozumel the Allure will be there also:cool:

We won't be going until April 20th 2014:rolleyes:

We will rent a car in Galveston and drive to New Orleans and fly home from NOLA, anyone wanting to join us after all it's a great Itinerary;)

Dear Carol, we almost did that itinerary several years ago now or was it one (time zooms by) on the Voyager and had to cancel 'cause DH was unemployed with no end in sight. We also had to cancel a Jewel of the Seas East Coast fall foliage one which I will need to reschedule some day. TOO many things to do but not enough money or time...

Enjoy the weekend!

flames
June 23rd, 2012, 05:15 PM
Dave, it sounds like you will be back to work soon! I haven't heard about Chef Love...we just ate at Johnny Garlic's co-owned by Guy Fieri! Yes there was lots of garlic and the size of the appetizer could have fed 6!

Enjoy the weekend and a hug for Bettie! Come back soon!

Hi Janice, Johnny Garlic's sounds like a great place to eat, where is it?:D

Dear Carol, we almost did that itinerary several years ago now or was it one (time zooms by) on the Voyager and had to cancel 'cause DH was unemployed with no end in sight. We also had to cancel a Jewel of the Seas East Coast fall foliage one which I will need to reschedule some day. TOO many things to do but not enough money or time...

Enjoy the weekend!

Janice I think we are not doing the Nav out of Galveston now I saw something better and we end up in New Orleans and it is still the 2013 witch is a better time so I still have 2014 free:eek:

Will you be home tonight around 7 o'clock? if so I will give you a call:cool:;)

barnismom
June 23rd, 2012, 11:56 PM
Hi Janice, Johnny Garlic's sounds like a great place to eat, where is it?:D

Janice I think we are not doing the Nav out of Galveston now I saw something better and we end up in New Orleans and it is still the 2013 witch is a better time so I still have 2014 free:eek: Another option? I have to hear about this one!

Will you be home tonight around 7 o'clock? if so I will give you a call:cool:;)

Hello Carol!

We were at a friends house for dinner since their grandson is in town...hadn't seen him in 6 years so now he's 16. Here's a link to the restaurant.

http://www.johnnygarlics.com/

flames
June 24th, 2012, 12:49 AM
Hello Carol!

We were at a friends house for dinner since their grandson is in town...hadn't seen him in 6 years so now he's 16. Here's a link to the restaurant.

http://www.johnnygarlics.com/

Hi Janice, it may to late to give you a call now but if you are home tomorrow I will tell you all about it:eek:

I already called my TA about it and I am changing it and I think it is a great one and I end up in New Orleans as that is the reason Bob wanted to do the cruise with you and now we will be going to New Orleans:eek::cool:

Thanks for the restaurant link I will check it out;)

Are you still up:confused:

Cruisin Dave
June 24th, 2012, 09:41 AM
Good morning Cruisers,

Good News, the strike is almost over. We have a tentative contract and everything may be back to normal soon. We don't have a time or place to vote but that should be real soon.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Later,
Dave

barnismom
June 24th, 2012, 01:27 PM
Good morning Cruisers,

Good News, the strike is almost over. We have a tentative contract and everything may be back to normal soon. We don't have a time or place to vote but that should be real soon.

Later,
Dave
Dave, I am thrilled...I didn't want you to have to dig into your travel funds!

Enjoy what's left of your extended vacation!

barnismom
June 24th, 2012, 01:29 PM
Hi Janice, it may to late to give you a call now but if you are home tomorrow I will tell you all about it:eek:

I already called my TA about it and I am changing it and I think it is a great one and I end up in New Orleans as that is the reason Bob wanted to do the cruise with you and now we will be going to New Orleans:eek::cool:

Thanks for the restaurant link I will check it out;)

Are you still up:confused:

Hello dear Carol!

We will be home tonight since tomorrow is back to work!

flames
June 24th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Hello dear Carol!

We will be home tonight since tomorrow is back to work!

Good Morning Janice, I will be home all day today so when is a good time to call you?

flames
June 24th, 2012, 02:41 PM
Good morning Cruisers,

Later,
Dave

Good News Dave, keep us informed:cool:

Cruisin Dave
June 27th, 2012, 11:37 PM
Great news, we vote tomorrow. I have to be there early to help set up. There is 3600 members in our union but about 500 crossed the picket line and will not be aloud to vote. They forfeited their rights when they crossed. I'll let everyone know how it went tomorrow night.

Dave

barnismom
June 28th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Great news, we vote tomorrow. I have to be there early to help set up. There is 3600 members in our union but about 500 crossed the picket line and will not be aloud to vote. They forfeited their rights when they crossed. I'll let everyone know how it went tomorrow night.

Dave
Hello Dave, we will be keeping everything crossed tomorrow! So how long have you been on your extended vacation?

flames
June 28th, 2012, 01:36 AM

Dave

Dave, wishing you lots of luck tomorrow:cool::)

Cruisin Dave
June 28th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Hello Dave, we will be keeping everything crossed tomorrow! So how long have you been on your extended vacation?

Janice, we will be out a total of 70 days before we return to work Monday. I'm ready but this has given me an idea of what retire would be like. I need to save a little bit more.

Carol, thanks for the thoughts.

Dave

flames
June 29th, 2012, 12:25 AM
Janice, we will be out a total of 70 days before we return to work Monday. I'm ready but this has given me an idea of what retire would be like. I need to save a little bit more.

Dave

Dave, congratulations on getting back to work, now don't you really want to retire since you have had a taste of it:D

Cruisin Dave
June 30th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Dave, congratulations on getting back to work, now don't you really want to retire since you have had a taste of it:D

Carol, you are absolutely right. I would lie to retire but not working for 2 months have drained some of the savings. Give me a little more time and I will be doing the retirement tango.
Dave

barnismom
June 30th, 2012, 01:59 AM

Dave
Dave, I am so glad that it is finally over...is it a 3 year contract? ...it would be so nice to be able to retire now & not worry about HAVING to work! Of course, I would be doing volunteer work like Mary!

Cruisin Dave
July 1st, 2012, 11:54 AM
Good morning Cruisers,

Janice, we now have a 4 year contract. That's is good because it will take me beyond when I plan on retiring. I'll take a look at what is in my pension when I return to work this week.

Hope everyone is staying cool that lives in the southeast. The high pressure dome will move back over Texas by the middle of the week and it will get back into the triple digits here again.:(

Has anyone made any plans for the ports and onboard?

Back Later,
Dave

barnismom
July 1st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Good morning Cruisers,

Janice, we now have a 4 year contract. That's is good because it will take me beyond when I plan on retiring. I'll take a look at what is in my pension when I return to work this week.

Hope everyone is staying cool that lives in the southeast. The high pressure dome will move back over Texas by the middle of the week and it will get back into the triple digits here again.:(

Has anyone made any plans for the ports and onboard?

Back Later,
Dave
Hello Dave, enjoy this last day of forced vacation! Aren't you thankful that you will be back to work so you won't be outdoors on a picket line?

We haven't made any plans in terms of ports and onboard either except for wanting to do CHOPS the first night of the cruise and hope you and Bettie (& Carol & Narce plus Mary & Steve + their friends)are game? There's a discount coupon in our book that we can share with you two...

barnismom
July 1st, 2012, 01:02 PM
To all of our Canadian friends and there are many!
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm480/mireille97/CanadaDay.gif

flames
July 1st, 2012, 01:20 PM
http://fitnesseast.ca/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/canada-day-comment-0092.gif http://bcxs.com/images/canadabeaver.jpg

~~~~~HAPPY ~~~~~

http://va3qv.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/canada.gif?w=450

Cruisin Dave
July 1st, 2012, 02:05 PM
Good afternoon cruisers,

http://www.dazzlejunction.com/holidays/canada-day/canada-day_3.gif (http://www.dazzlejunction.com/)

breeezy
July 1st, 2012, 04:33 PM
Hope you all are having a great Sunday!!

flames
July 1st, 2012, 08:48 PM

Good Afternoon Wendy, welcome to this thread so glad you found it, it is a thread where they talk a lot about New Orleans, do come back and join in:cool:

Do you know we are not going on the Nav cruise but we are going on the Serenade of the Seas in Nov 2013 out of Barcelona to New Orleans, it is a 15 day TA cruise and I am so excited about it:eek::cool:

Sorry we won't be meeting you but I am sure we will cruise another time with you:(

Say hello to your Mom & Dad for Bob and I;)

Cruisin Dave
July 1st, 2012, 10:51 PM
Wendy, I noticed that you and Bettie has something in common. You are both scrapbookers. She is going to a convention next week, July 12, in Dallas, for 4 days. Last year we went to her convention at Disneyland. While she went to all those meeting, I rode rides, watched shows and just had a blast. This year I will be at work. There is nothing in Dallas that interest me. She will be happy to meet another scrapbooker on the cruise.

Carol, I'm going to miss not meeting you and Bob. Hope you have a great cruise on the Serenade.

Got to get ready for work tomorrow. It will be hard after being off for 10 weeks.

Dave

barnismom
July 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
To all of our Canadian friends and there are many!
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm480/mireille97/CanadaDay.gif
Okay, this is strange my image is poof...gone!
http://www.clipartreview.com/_images_300/A_Canada_Day_Flag_100122-235089-507009.jpg

breeezy
July 1st, 2012, 10:57 PM
Good Afternoon Wendy, welcome to this thread so glad you found it, it is a thread where they talk a lot about New Orleans, do come back and join in:cool:

Do you know we are not going on the Nav cruise but we are going on the Serenade of the Seas in Nov 2013 out of Barcelona to New Orleans, it is a 15 day TA cruise and I am so excited about it:eek::cool:

Sorry we won't be meeting you but I am sure we will cruise another time with you:(

Say hello to your Mom & Dad for Bob and I;)

Thanks Carol. I am always looking for any info on anyplace that I am visiting. I have been to NOLA quite a few times over the years, but there is SO much to see and do there.

I am sorry to hear you won't be coming along with us. I was looking forward to meeting you and Bob. I have heard so many wonderful things about both of you from my mom and dad. It sounds like you have another wonderful cruise to look forward to in place of our Feb 23 cruise.

I will be sure to say HI to my mom and dad for you!!

Wendy B

barnismom
July 1st, 2012, 10:59 PM
Wendy, thanks for dropping by...I hope you come back often. We are waiting for Jimmy James to come back and post...one of the many locals! His DW just recently retired and they ran off to Florida to celebrate...

breeezy
July 1st, 2012, 11:01 PM
Wendy, I noticed that you and Bettie has something in common. You are both scrapbookers. She is going to a convention next week, July 12, in Dallas, for 4 days. Last year we went to her convention at Disneyland. While she went to all those meeting, I rode rides, watched shows and just had a blast. This year I will be at work. There is nothing in Dallas that interest me. She will be happy to meet another scrapbooker on the cruise.

Carol, I'm going to miss not meeting you and Bob. Hope you have a great cruise on the Serenade.

Got to get ready for work tomorrow. It will be hard after being off for 10 weeks.

Dave

Yes, I am a HUGE scrapbooker. I actually have a whole room in my house dedicated to it! Disney books are my favorite ones to create. I would love to attend a convention in Disneyland, but I would probably go on more rides than do convention things! LOL, we are Disney fanatics in this household. We go to Disney World every year for two weeks, and have since the late 80's.

Glad to hear you are going back!! I am sure you will enjoy your day tomorrow!!

breeezy
July 1st, 2012, 11:04 PM
Wendy, thanks for dropping by...I hope you come back often. We are waiting for Jimmy James to come back and post...one of the many locals! His DW just recently retired and they ran off to Florida to celebrate...

Lucky them!! Where in Florida did they go. I hope they aren't stuck in all that rain down there.

Wendy B

barnismom
July 2nd, 2012, 01:23 AM
Lucky them!! Where in Florida did they go. I hope they aren't stuck in all that rain down there.

Wendy B
Wendy, I can't remember now but "Pure Carol" asked them and they mentioned it but I want to say the Panhandle area but JIMMY JAMES will have to tell us whenever he returns...

Say hello to your mom & dad! Where are they now?

NAHA
July 2nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
Good morning everyone! Arrived home from Canada yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed the trip, but its always good to be home. I will catch up here as soon as I am done unpacking.

Wendy, so nice to see you here! :)

Gotta go now, but will return to chat as soon as I can. Wishing all of you a very pleasant day!:):)

NAHA
July 2nd, 2012, 01:08 PM
Good morning Cruisers,

Later,
Dave

So glad to hear this, Dave! I hope you are pleased with your new contract and that it is a fair one.

jimjamxx
July 2nd, 2012, 05:35 PM

I have been 'lurking' here, since we got back at the end of May. I did not see any specific NOLA questions, so I have not posted.

I did just now remembered that I said I would post some pictures of our trip so here goes:

We went to Ft Walton Beach Florida. The trip was called:
"In search of Cheeseburger in Paradise Retirement Tour."

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/48775/2994376490104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2994376490104734279Ibpilk)

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/47675/2351900510104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2351900510104734279XYJOfH)

Our set up:

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/47277/2303176850104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2303176850104734279JlOkWT)

Charis/umbrellas for rent, $25.00 a day:
http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/51099/2317030950104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2317030950104734279wQPRNZ)

jimmyjames

jimjamxx
July 2nd, 2012, 05:41 PM
The group:

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/14735/2885232880104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2885232880104734279keckmm)

The retirement girls: (Miss Charlotte on the left)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/50690/2535638650104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2535638650104734279tdHzir)

Cheeseburger in Paradise found!!!!!

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/49124/2222203940104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2222203940104734279bweedf)

"I am retired"

http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/51027/2525521690104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2525521690104734279LRHvbm)

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/51246/2062413260104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2062413260104734279LmvitN)

jimmyjames

NAHA
July 2nd, 2012, 06:33 PM
The group:

http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/14735/2885232880104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2885232880104734279keckmm)

http://inlinethumb03.webshots.com/50690/2535638650104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2535638650104734279tdHzir)

http://inlinethumb37.webshots.com/49124/2222203940104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2222203940104734279bweedf)

"I am retired"

http://inlinethumb20.webshots.com/51027/2525521690104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2525521690104734279LRHvbm)

http://inlinethumb47.webshots.com/51246/2062413260104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2062413260104734279LmvitN)

jimmyjames

Great pictures and congratulations Charlotte!

barnismom
July 2nd, 2012, 09:03 PM
I have been 'lurking' here, since we got back at the end of May. I did not see any specific NOLA questions, so I have not posted.

I did just now remembered that I said I would post some pictures of our trip so here goes:

We went to Ft Walton Beach Florida. The trip was called:
"In search of Cheeseburger in Paradise Retirement Tour."

http://inlinethumb08.webshots.com/48775/2994376490104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2994376490104734279Ibpilk)

http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/47675/2351900510104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2351900510104734279XYJOfH)

Our set up:

http://inlinethumb46.webshots.com/47277/2303176850104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2303176850104734279JlOkWT)

Charis/umbrellas for rent, $25.00 a day:
http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/51099/2317030950104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2317030950104734279wQPRNZ)

jimmyjames
Jimmy James, there is a request for suggestions by a poster shall I find her post #? I think she will be in your part of the world next month.

I do have a question, there is a Hilton out by MSY and says it is not too far away from the FQ...do you know how expensive it would be to get in and out of the heart of NOLA? Well at least an estimate?
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/louisiana/hilton-new-orleans-airport-MSYAHHH/index.html

Thank you...oh and I have been bragging about your SUNSET photos too!

barnismom
July 2nd, 2012, 09:05 PM
The group:

"I am retired"

jimmyjames
Happy Retirement Miss Charlotte!
http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/1463484.jpg

jimjamxx
July 2nd, 2012, 11:13 PM
Jimmy James, there is a request for suggestions by a poster shall I find her post #? I think she will be in your part of the world next month.

I do have a question, there is a Hilton out by MSY and says it is not too far away from the FQ...do you know how expensive it would be to get in and out of the heart of NOLA? Well at least an estimate?
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/louisiana/hilton-new-orleans-airport-MSYAHHH/index.html

Thank you...oh and I have been bragging about your SUNSET photos too!

The Hilton you are referring to is an airport type hotel. Nothing around it.

The cost for a taxi from the airport to the French Quarter/ Central Business district is $30-35 one way.

If you want a Hilton Hotel, this is the one I would suggest. It is on the Miss. River. Actually walking distance to the port(if you don't have a lot of luggage),
across the street from Harhahs Casino, a street car stop right outside that will take you to the French Quarter at $1.25(cash).

We have stayed there several times, and it is a good location. Easy walking distance to where you may want to go. Don't know what the current rates are.

Here is a link:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/louisiana/hilton-new-orleans-riverside-MSYNHHH/index.html

jimmyjames

barnismom
July 3rd, 2012, 01:23 AM

The cost for a taxi from the airport to the French Quarter/ Central Business district is $30-35 one way.

If you want a Hilton Hotel, this is the one I would suggest. It is on the Miss. River. Actually walking distance to the port(if you don't have a lot of luggage),
across the street from Harhahs Casino, a street car stop right outside that will take you to the French Quarter at $1.25(cash).

We have stayed there several times, and it is a good location. Easy walking distance to where you may want to go. Don't know what the current rates are.

Here is a link:

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/louisiana/hilton-new-orleans-riverside-MSYNHHH/index.html

jimmyjames
Thank you so much for letting me know...we currently have the Hilton Garden Inn (need to look up which one) pre-cruise and the Homewood Suites post-cruise...previously DH and I stayed at the Embassy Suites on Julia.

Barnisdad
July 3rd, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hi Everyone,

Just dropping by with some news to share. I officially became a grandfather with the arrival of Patrick Liam Moan yesterday afternoon. Everyone is fine and happy that he is here (but I feel old). He weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and I will go meet him next weekend.

The World's Youngest Looking Grandfather

Cruisin Dave
July 3rd, 2012, 01:46 PM
Patrick, congratulation.

Janice, are you looking for another hotel. I keep looking at the prices and they keep going up.

Jimmy, thanks for the pics.

Mary, I'm back at work. Things are a little strange and strained. Hope it calms down in a week or two.

Later,
Dave

Host Corkey
July 3rd, 2012, 04:09 PM
Thanx JJMMx for the info and the pics -

Glad you are back to work Big Dave - well, maybe not the WORK part but at least to be back there AT work -

Congrats Grand Dad!! and is our cute little missy Janice who looks like she is only 20+ an official Granny ? The baby is adorable - !!! so sweet...

Hi Mary ! and Aloha Carol - !!

Corkey Carol

NAHA
July 3rd, 2012, 08:44 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just dropping by with some news to share. I officially became a grandfather with the arrival of Patrick Liam Moan yesterday afternoon. Everyone is fine and happy that he is here (but I feel old). He weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and I will go meet him next weekend.

Steve and I wish you a thousand congrats on your beautiful little grandson, love the name, Patrick Liam! You are about to enter a world from which there is no return, the world of being a grandparent!! It is a love like you have never known, it will change your life~and keep you young!

Enjoy Patrick!! :):):)

barnismom
July 3rd, 2012, 09:05 PM
Patrick, congratulation.

Janice, are you looking for another hotel. I keep looking at the prices and they keep going up.

Jimmy, thanks for the pics.

Mary, I'm back at work. Things are a little strange and strained. Hope it calms down in a week or two.

Later,
Dave
Dave, I keep looking to see what else might be out there but I am thinking that our deal is pretty good right now, don't you? Of course I am glad that you booked the same properties...I wouldn't make a move without consulting with you guys!

How is it at work now? Well you already have a day off!

flames
July 4th, 2012, 02:28 AM
http://graphics.comments.funmunch.com/holidays/4th-july/4th-july-comment-004.gif

TO ALL OUR AMERICAN FRIENDS:cool:

barnismom
July 4th, 2012, 02:59 AM
Thanx JJMMx for the info and the pics -

Glad you are back to work Big Dave - well, maybe not the WORK part but at least to be back there AT work -

Congrats Grand Dad!! and is our cute little missy Janice who looks like she is only 20+ an official Granny ? The baby is adorable - !!! so sweet...

Hi Mary ! and Aloha Carol - !!

Corkey Carol
Carol, you are good for my ego...don't think I would want to be a 20+...30+ would be cool!

Enjoy your fourth of July festivities; we are off to Shoreline Ampitheater for the SF Symphony/Fireworks show!

barnismom
July 4th, 2012, 03:02 AM
Enjoy all of the festivities everyone!
http://www.sweetcomments.net/images/july-4th/img/have-a-great-4th-of-july.gif

Barnisdad
July 4th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and thought about our new grandson. Still getting used to that, as is St. Janice. She keeps saying she's too young to be a grandma, but I am younger than her and it is appropriate for me....

No pictures to share her yet, but I'll have some soon.

Have a happy, safe 4th of July.

Barnisdad
July 4th, 2012, 01:23 PM
What the %#&*@?

http://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/themes/Aspire/graphics/cat/twilight-fourth-of-july/4th-of-july-new-moon.jpg

NAHA
July 4th, 2012, 05:08 PM
What the %#&*@?

http://twilightguide.com/tg/wp-content/themes/Aspire/graphics/cat/twilight-fourth-of-july/4th-of-july-new-moon.jpg

LMAO~that sucks!;):eek:

NAHA
July 4th, 2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the kind words and thought about our new grandson. Still getting used to that, as is St. Janice. She keeps saying she's too young to be a grandma, but I am younger than her and it is appropriate for me....

No pictures to share her yet, but I'll have some soon.

Have a happy, safe 4th of July.

We are all too young to be grandparents....our lucky grandkids, we are barely older than their parents!;):p

barnismom
July 5th, 2012, 02:11 AM
We are all too young to be grandparents....our lucky grandkids, we are barely older than their parents!;):p
Mary, for the last few years the babies born seem to be old souls...

Host Corkey
July 5th, 2012, 02:45 AM
Love having grand nieces/nephews -- I don't feel old! ha!ha! but I can't believe that the nieces/nephews having those babies now are old enough to have them! I remember when they were just born - Yesterday!!
Hope Everyone had a good 4th - we did - rested, relaxed, full from our BBQ fixin's - Janice, you and Narce share the same yukko feeling -- work tomorrow-- he is working tomorrow but is off on Fri so we are going to visit my Mom - carol

NAHA
July 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM
Mary, for the last few years the babies born seem to be old souls...

Yes, I agree. But then, I think some of us are, too. :)

flames
July 5th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations Grandpa Patrick, you and Grandma Janice must be excited about meeting your new member of the family:cool:

Don't forget to take a picture and let us see him, baby Patrick; I also like the name Liam after all it's Irish;)

barnismom
July 5th, 2012, 08:45 PM
Love having grand nieces/nephews -- I don't feel old! ha!ha! but I can't believe that the nieces/nephews having those babies now are old enough to have them! I remember when they were just born - Yesterday!!
Hope Everyone had a good 4th - we did - rested, relaxed, full from our BBQ fixin's - Janice, you and Narce share the same yukko feeling -- work tomorrow-- he is working tomorrow but is off on Fri so we are going to visit my Mom - carol

Dear Carol, please give your mom an extra hug from Patrick and moi...lucky Narce tomorrow off!

BBQ always is so comforting and reinforces the fact that it is SUMMER. However, here in CA we BBQ almost year-round!

barnismom
July 5th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Congratulations Grandpa Patrick, you and Grandma Janice must be excited about meeting your new member of the family:cool:

Don't forget to take a picture and let us see him, baby Patrick; I also like the name Liam after all it's Irish;)

Carol, Patrick, Fae & Chuck will meet lil Patrick next FRIDAY...I am staying home. Actually the kids misspelled the name LAIM for a little while. It is almost as bad as Patrick wanting to name his oldest "LAWN" Moan...

Barnisdad
July 5th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Carol, Patrick, Fae & Chuck will meet lil Patrick next FRIDAY...I am staying home. Actually the kids misspelled the name LAIM for a little while. It is almost as bad as Patrick wanting to name his oldest "LAWN" Moan...

Actually it would have been "Lon Moan", but my ex-wife had no sense of humor whatsoever.:D

Barnisdad
July 5th, 2012, 10:25 PM
LMAO~that sucks!;):eek:

Giggling..............

Barnisdad
July 5th, 2012, 10:26 PM

Hi Carol,

Thanks. I plan to get pictures when I meet the little guy next weekend. I'll post some here when I can.

Host Corkey
July 6th, 2012, 01:25 AM
like one of my coworkers with the last name =
Vawter...

her hubby wanted to name their son - yes...
Vaugna Drinka .... I know, it's lame-- no hee hee but boo boo .. .thumbs all the way Down!!

carol

NAHA
July 6th, 2012, 11:02 AM
like one of my coworkers with the last name =
Vawter...

her hubby wanted to name their son - yes...
Vaugna Drinka .... I know, it's lame-- no hee hee but boo boo .. .thumbs all the way Down!!

carol

LOL!! This is funny, but when you think of some of the names kids are stuck with...

NAHA
July 6th, 2012, 11:04 AM
congratulations grandpa patrick, you and grandma janice must be excited about meeting your new member of the family:cool:

don't forget to take a picture and let us see him, baby patrick; i also like the name liam after all it's irish;)

carol:)

Ditto, Pure Carol.

Cruisin Dave
July 6th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Good morning Cruisers,

Another hot day here. Hope everyone had a great 4th.

Kid names, I remember a couple in that named their son Forest. Then at a baseball game someone yelled "RunForest, Run". You come hear all the smirks.

I'm off this weekend. Going to lay low and maybe go to a movie.

Later,
Dave

Cruisin Dave
July 6th, 2012, 12:50 PM
Just found this online. Is Anyone interested.

http://www.jamaicaforaday.com/Falmouth_Jamaica_Shore_Excu.html

breeezy
July 6th, 2012, 05:59 PM
Good morning everyone! Arrived home from Canada yesterday afternoon. I enjoyed the trip, but its always good to be home. I will catch up here as soon as I am done unpacking.

Wendy, so nice to see you here! :)

Gotta go now, but will return to chat as soon as I can. Wishing all of you a very pleasant day!:):)

Thanks Mary. Sounds like you had a nice time away for a while.

Here is a link:

jimmyjames

I have stayed here for a convention once. LOVED it. It is easy to walk anywhere from here. We are staying at the Drury this time. I am pretty excited to try out a new hotel. I am used to walking just about everywhere in NOLA, and I see that it is not to far from Bourbon Street. I love walking around and looking at all the architecture!

barnismom
July 6th, 2012, 10:34 PM

Dave, this looks like a possibility...Mary, Carol?

Host Corkey
July 6th, 2012, 10:36 PM
I think we will just walk around and look-see in Jamaica... carol

barnismom
July 6th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks Mary. Sounds like you had a nice time away for a while.

I have stayed here for a convention once. LOVED it. It is easy to walk anywhere from here. We are staying at the Drury this time. I am pretty excited to try out a new hotel. I am used to walking just about everywhere in NOLA, and I see that it is not to far from Bourbon Street. I love walking around and looking at all the architecture!
Wendy we stayed at the Embassy Suites in the Warehouse district and walked into the FQ more than once. I think the only time I couldn't walk is when I wore a dress for dinner with heels...walking back wasn't appealing.

I know that the Hilton is linked into the shopping complex with Harrah's right there...Dave are we going to try our LUCK?

NAHA
July 7th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Dave, this looks like a possibility...Mary, Carol?

Hi, yes, I replied to Dave on the Nav thread...just came here and saw it also posted. Since Steve is golfing in Jamaica I would love to do something nice like this for the day...looks good to me.

Janice, would you also purchase the transfers? $15 pp is a bit steep, however, I do not know what it would cost for our own transportation, so it may be a good deal. I also like the idea of the ease of having our own transportation and not depending on a taxi.

I also gave Fred and Tony a heads up on this...Dave, thanks for checking this out for us.

NAHA
July 7th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Watching the Weather Channel, its cooler in Miami than it is here..:(:eek:

flames
July 8th, 2012, 11:55 AM

Dave, looks like you found a gold mind if I was on this cruise I would want to do this tour:cool:;)

flames
July 8th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Watching the Weather Channel, its cooler in Miami than it is here..:(:eek:

Good Morning Mary, our company is on there way back to Calgary today, they would stay longer but they want to go to the Calgary Stampede as it is the 100 Anniversary this year, they were here for a week and we had lots of fun, and we went to Cowichan Bay where I wanted to take you and they loved it and we went to Coombs to see the goats on the roof and we had breakfast there and we sat at the same table we sat at when you were with us:D:cool:;)

barnismom
July 9th, 2012, 12:19 AM
Hi, yes, I replied to Dave on the Nav thread...just came here and saw it also posted. Since Steve is golfing in Jamaica I would love to do something nice like this for the day...looks good to me.

Janice, would you also purchase the transfers? $15 pp is a bit steep, however, I do not know what it would cost for our own transportation, so it may be a good deal. I also like the idea of the ease of having our own transportation and not depending on a taxi.

I also gave Fred and Tony a heads up on this...Dave, thanks for checking this out for us.
Mary, we have been away this weekend...I think Jamaica was going to be a laid back day for us anyhow wasn't it? Yes this would be perfect for us! I wonder about any spa options? I am thinking it might be cheaper than on the ship. However, RCI normally has special deals when we are in port too!

barnismom
July 9th, 2012, 12:21 AM
Good Morning Mary, our company is on there way back to Calgary today, they would stay longer but they want to go to the Calgary Stampede as it is the 100 Anniversary this year, they were here for a week and we had lots of fun, and we went to Cowichan Bay where I wanted to take you and they loved it and we went to Coombs to see the goats on the roof and we had breakfast there and we sat at the same table we sat at when you were with us:D:cool:;)

Carol, the "Stampede" is on my bucket list and it would have been wonderful to have done it this year but oh well...it will be on the to do! I have seeen the Mounties "Musical Ride" at a Grand National event at our Cow Palace in Daly City. That was impressive!

NAHA
July 9th, 2012, 11:40 AM

The same table??? How cool is that! I think the picture of the goats on the roof was one of my most popular photos!:)

Glad you had a fun week with your company! Steve and I are looking forward to the day when we can come back and visit with you, we had a really nice time last spring.

NAHA
July 9th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Mary, we have been away this weekend...I think Jamaica was going to be a laid back day for us anyhow wasn't it? Yes this would be perfect for us! I wonder about any spa options? I am thinking it might be cheaper than on the ship. However, RCI normally has special deals when we are in port too!

Yes, this was going to be a "laid back" day for me, too. (Steve is golfing)

Would love to share a spot of sand with you and Patrick and Dave and Bette, AND anyone else who is interested! :)I have not heard back from Fred and Tony yet....

Glenn on the Nav thread has placed this event on the Cruise Fellows web site that has listed all the events that have generated interest on this cruise. I asked him to re post the link so that we can add our names to this great excursion that Dave found for us.

Thank you, again, Dave, for your research! Looks like there is going to be a fairly good crowd.

Yes, RCL does have specials on port days, but I have noticed that some ships offer better prices than others. When we were on Serenade in 2005, they offered fantastic spa specials to us because we had put on our booking that we were celebrating our anniversary, so they offered us special "anniversary" deals. Not since then have I seen anything remotely close...I do love the spa, but hate the product hard sell. Also, my masseuse on Allure told me that my disc problem in my back was because of my back muscles squeezing together and making it pop, which we all know is baloney...I wouldn't mind trying a massage at the Hilton. Have you done this before, Janice? Were you comfortable?

Cruisin Dave
July 9th, 2012, 12:12 PM
I know that the Hilton is linked into the shopping complex with Harrah's right there...Dave are we going to try our LUCK?
That's a Big 10-4!!

On our last trip to Jamaica, Bettie and I did an all inclusive similar to this excursion. It was a nice and relaxed way to spend the day without the hassle. The $15/person transfer seems reasonable. I don't know what a taxi would cost but you can get ripped off there too.

Carol, you can still join us. It's not too late to change your mind.

Janice, Mary and Corkey Carol, this should be a laid back day. Looking forward to spending with ya'll.

We have no plans for Coz or GC. Mr Sanchos is fine for Coz. The last time we were there we went to Paradise Beach. They are about the same.

Later,
Dave

NAHA
July 9th, 2012, 12:40 PM
[QUOTE=Cruisin Dave;34462852]That's a Big 10-4!!

On our last trip to Jamaica, Bettie and I did an all inclusive similar to this excursion. It was a nice and relaxed way to spend the day without the hassle. The $15/person transfer seems reasonable. I don't know what a taxi would cost but you can get ripped off there too.

Carol, you can still join us. It's not too late to change your mind.

Janice, Mary and Corkey Carol, this should be a laid back day. Looking forward to spending with ya'll.

We have no plans for Coz or GC. Mr Sanchos is fine for Coz. The last time we were there we went to Paradise Beach. They are about the same.

Steve likes to go shopping in Cozumel and we enjoy lunch at Pancho's Backyard. Paradise Beach sounds wonderful!

Definitely looking forward to spending the day with you and Bette and Janice and Patrick in Jamaica! And, of course, Carol, if you change your mind, would love to have a foo foo drink on the beach together!

NAHA
July 9th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Dave et al, we are planning to go to Seven Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. It is relatively easy to get there and back, there may even be ship excursions there that include a cocktail. Pure Carol told me that you can choose a section of the beach that is quiet, or enjoy a live band and island music. Perhaps when our excursions are published we can discuss it if anyone is interested. :)

We have also been to Rum Point. It is very nice, one needs to rent a vehicle and drive there, it is about an hour on the left hand side of the street!:eek:;) Calm waters, food and drink for purchase at Rum Point.

barnismom
July 9th, 2012, 09:42 PM

Would love to share a spot of sand with you and Patrick and Dave and Bette, AND anyone else who is interested! :)I have not heard back from Fred and Tony yet....

Glenn on the Nav thread has placed this event on the Cruise Fellows web site that has listed all the events that have generated interest on this cruise. I asked him to re post the link so that we can add our names to this great excursion that Dave found for us.

Thank you, again, Dave, for your research! Looks like there is going to be a fairly good crowd.

Yes, RCL does have specials on port days, but I have noticed that some ships offer better prices than others. When we were on Serenade in 2005, they offered fantastic spa specials to us because we had put on our booking that we were celebrating our anniversary, so they offered us special "anniversary" deals. Not since then have I seen anything remotely close...I do love the spa, but hate the product hard sell. Also, my masseuse on Allure told me that my disc problem in my back was because of my back muscles squeezing together and making it pop, which we all know is baloney...I wouldn't mind trying a massage at the Hilton. Have you done this before, Janice? Were you comfortable?
Mary at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island (Hawaii) the rest of the family went on some pontoon boat and that didn't sound appealing so I stayed at the resort. I booked a lovely scrub and massage package and walked around the property and saw a giant sea turtle coming in from the sea!
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/jamaica/hilton-rose-hall-resort-and-spa-MBJRHHF/spa/index.html

The link has the services but no PRICE...I can only imagine.

barnismom
July 9th, 2012, 09:43 PM

Mary, I hate the "hard sell" too...I came back with $300 worth of products. However, all of the spas seem to do this to pad their wages.

NAHA
July 9th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Mary at the Hilton Waikoloa on the Big Island (Hawaii) the rest of the family went on some pontoon boat and that didn't sound appealing so I stayed at the resort. I booked a lovely scrub and massage package and walked around the property and saw a giant sea turtle coming in from the sea!
http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/jamaica/hilton-rose-hall-resort-and-spa-MBJRHHF/spa/index.html

The link has the services but no PRICE...I can only imagine.

Oh, Janice, how wonderful! I love those moments of being in the right place at the right time!:)

NAHA
July 9th, 2012, 10:05 PM
Dave, I was looking at the link you provided all of us with for the Jamaican all inclusive and found this....

You actually get access to a hotel room for up to 4 people!

http://www.grandcaymanforaday.com/

barnismom
July 10th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Dave, I was looking at the link you provided all of us with for the Jamaican all inclusive and found this....

Mary, this is intriguing too! Thanks everyone for doing lots of research us poor working people don't have time to do much of this...

NAHA
July 10th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Mary, this is intriguing too! Thanks everyone for doing lots of research us poor working people don't have time to do much of this...

I think so, too!

:)

newsier
July 10th, 2012, 01:16 PM

This looks interesting also - but with ALL the times we have been to GC, I think we're going to go to "Hell". Never been there - don't have the t-shirt.

Maybe I will just rent a car and tool around.............

Does anyone remember of they have rental agencies at the pier?

g

NAHA
July 10th, 2012, 03:12 PM
This looks interesting also - but with ALL the times we have been to GC, I think we're going to go to "Hell". Never been there - don't have the t-shirt.

g

Glenn, we have not been to GC in quite a few years, I do remember a rental agency very close to the pier, but my memory does not serve me well remembering exactly where. We rented a car the year we drove to Rum Point with Emmy and Rick and Renee and Blake. But that was 4 years ago...;)

I have never been to Hell either...LOL....perhaps on our next visit. ;)

Host Corkey
July 10th, 2012, 03:23 PM
So HELL is still in GC ? that's good - been meaning to look it up - went there in 2002 and it was fun - took a van tour but lucky enough to have her for us only, me, my mom, my hubby, and his sister - big ole' van - so it was great - just us climbing in and out... the tour guide was cute and we enjoyed our time with her. Would like to go back --- Corkey Carol

Cruisin Dave
July 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM
Glenn, there is a Harley dealership near the pier. I wonder if they rent. :D

Dave

Cruisin Dave
July 10th, 2012, 09:32 PM
I'm flying to Virginia in the morning. Mom not doing well. I hope I make it in time. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Dave

newsier
July 10th, 2012, 09:36 PM
I'm flying to Virginia in the morning. Mom not doing well. I hope I make it in time. I'll try to keep everyone updated.
Dave

Angie and my thoughts and prayers are with you........Godspeed.....

g

newsier
July 10th, 2012, 09:44 PM
Glenn, there is a Harley dealership near the pier. I wonder if they rent. :D

Dave

WOW. Dave I am sure they do........

But - I have to man up and say, "I'm not allowed a have a motorcycle - nope - not in this lifetime - just ask Angie!" So no MC endorsement.

A great thought tho..............thanks.

LOL

g

barnismom
July 10th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Dave
Dear Dave, I am sending positive thoughts and prayers your way...

barnismom
July 10th, 2012, 09:49 PM
So HELL is still in GC ? that's good - been meaning to look it up - went there in 2002 and it was fun - took a van tour but lucky enough to have her for us only, me, my mom, my hubby, and his sister - big ole' van - so it was great - just us climbing in and out... the tour guide was cute and we enjoyed our time with her. Would like to go back --- Corkey Carol
We did an overview tour of GC and one stop was "HELL"...I barely had time to go the restroom, purchase a few postcards, & write them all out to get the postmark from Hell. Lckily, I did labels in advance. If I remember correctly there was not much to Hell...

newsier
July 10th, 2012, 09:52 PM
If I remember correctly there was not much to Hell...

Oh - I hope not!

g

NAHA
July 10th, 2012, 11:25 PM
Dave

Dave, our prayers go with you also...

NAHA
July 10th, 2012, 11:28 PM
We did an overview tour of GC and one stop was "HELL"...I barely had time to go the restroom, purchase a few postcards, & write them all out to get the postmark from Hell. Lckily, I did labels in advance. If I remember correctly there was not much to Hell...

I heard the same thing, Janice!

I could have sent a postcard from the office I used to work at and it would have been a more authentic postcard from "Hell". So visiting Hell in GC just seems redundant...:D:D

barnismom
July 11th, 2012, 12:39 AM

I could have sent a postcard from the office I used to work at and it would have been a more authentic postcard from "Hell". So visiting Hell in GC just seems redundant...:D:D
Mary, yes we all know about the various types of hell don't we!

Host Corkey
July 11th, 2012, 02:28 AM
I thought Hell was a site that was just 'planted' - ha!ha! but I enjoyed it cuz I thought Wow!! I am in Hell.... and yes, it's nothing - just the thought of being there - never sent out postcards - hey, maybe we should start a counterpart!

carol

Host Corkey
July 11th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Big Dave - hugs to you from me and Narce - I know how you feel because I have been in that situation several times now; even tho' we are 1-1/2 hrs away, you get all kinds of scarey thoughts running in your mind - we are with you - be safe... Carol

flames
July 11th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Dave

Dave, our prayers go out to you and please do keep us updated, I hope you make it in time as I did not when my dad past away, I was in the air and landed 15 nim. after he was gone:(

flames
July 11th, 2012, 03:02 AM
http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/clipartpictures/comments/daysoftheweek/wednesday/images/cacwednesday5.jpg

NAHA
July 11th, 2012, 10:55 AM

But - I have to man up and say, "I'm not allowed a have a motorcycle - nope - not in this lifetime - just ask Angie!" So no MC endorsement.

LOL

g

I think I have to agree with Angie...Steve has PLENTY of toys, doesn't need another in the shape of a motorcyle..;)

NAHA
July 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Dave, our prayers go out to you and please do keep us updated, I hope you make it in time as I did not when my dad past away, I was in the air and landed 15 nim. after he was gone:(

Carol, I understand how you feel. I was only 30 minutes away and arrived 5 minutes after they both passed. In my case, however, there was a real lack of communication from my sister, who is an R.N. Someday, I will tell you about it. :(

Dave, thinking of you right now, please know you have our prayers and support.

flames
July 11th, 2012, 05:53 PM

LOL

g

I think I have to agree with Angie...Steve has PLENTY of toys, doesn't need another in the shape of a motorcyle..;)

I think I agree with Angie and Mary, I think Bob needs more cruises then a Red Scooter:D

OH! OH! am I in trouble now:eek::D

http://images04.olx.com/ui/2/33/06/33902706_1.jpg

newsier
July 11th, 2012, 07:29 PM

Yeh - I am lucky - I have a 2004 Corvette and a 2010 Camaro in my garage - who needs a motorcycle!!!!

My corvette has straight through pipes (no muffler). Yes - it is a little loud out side of the car!!! Hahahahaha (Just the way I like it!)

I love pulling up to a light that has motorcycles waiting.

Of course they all sit there reving their engines (I cann only imagine to keep the cycle from stalling! LOL).

Anyway - I let them do that for a minute then I rev my eight cylinders - it gets their attention and a lot off thumbs up. I sometimes "launch" with them and have fun but the "squeaky-right-seat" (Angie) generally gets the better of me!!

I kept mufflers on the Camaro............

g

barnismom
July 11th, 2012, 08:51 PM
http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/clipartpictures/comments/daysoftheweek/wednesday/images/cacwednesday5.jpg

Carol, thank you for sharing this...need to run out for my Homeowner's Board Meeting! I was checking in to see if Big Dave has reported back...I hope no news is good news!

NAHA
July 12th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Carol, thank you for sharing this...need to run out for my Homeowner's Board Meeting! I was checking in to see if Big Dave has reported back...I hope no news is good news!

Janice, we are hoping the same thing...

Host Corkey
July 12th, 2012, 01:46 AM
Yeh - I am lucky - I have a 2004 Corvette and a 2010 Camaro in my garage - who needs a motorcycle!!!!

My corvette has straight through pipes (no muffler). Yes - it is a little loud out side of the car!!! Hahahahaha (Just the way I like it!)

I love pulling up to a light that has motorcycles waiting.

Of course they all sit there reving their engines (I cann only imagine to keep the cycle from stalling! LOL).

Anyway - I let them do that for a minute then I rev my eight cylinders - it gets their attention and a lot off thumbs up. I sometimes "launch" with them and have fun but the "squeaky-right-seat" (Angie) generally gets the better of me!!

I kept mufflers on the Camaro............

g

We have an old Vette too - I call it old - hubby calls it a classic - he just redid our insurance to classify it as a classic - still OLD to me - however, it's only slightly over 40,000 miles, brand new in '88 when we drove it home from the showroom and it's babied like heck... his baby - and yes, it has that loud sound, forgot what you call it - Love the look of the new Camaro's - of course I remember the original Camaro's too-- Corkey Carol

breeezy
July 12th, 2012, 12:39 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Dave.

We just went through that with Tom's dad. The nurse came in the room that morning about 6 am and said, it will be soon, he is still at 12 breaths, call people in, but no hurry. 20 minutes later he was gone....at 12 breaths a minute. He never went down to 3 to 4 breaths a minute or had that sound in his chest they told us he would have. He just opened his eyes (after not opening them for over 24 hours) took in a big breath and let it out and that was it. Closed his eyes and he was gone. We never know when our time is going to come. I was there, because I had stayed overnight with one of my boys and a nephew. Tom was not there for his mom or his dad passing. He arrived about 20 minutes late. Tom is fine with it though, because he was there for him in life as much as he could be.

flames
July 12th, 2012, 03:46 PM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Dave.

We just went through that with Tom's dad. The nurse came in the room that morning about 6 am and said, it will be soon, he is still at 12 breaths, call people in, but no hurry. 20 minutes later he was gone....at 12 breaths a minute. He never went down to 3 to 4 breaths a minute or had that sound in his chest they told us he would have. He just opened his eyes (after not opening them for over 24 hours) took in a big breath and let it out and that was it. Closed his eyes and he was gone. We never know when our time is going to come. I was there, because I had stayed overnight with one of my boys and a nephew. Tom was not there for his mom or his dad passing. He arrived about 20 minutes late. Tom is fine with it though, because he was there for him in life as much as he could be.

Wendy, so sorry that Tom lost his dad, you said you just went through that with Tom's dad, how long ago was that?:confused:

knobcreek
July 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM

g

I'm sure they do but last time we were there we rented taxi service, there were 4 of us dont remember exact amt we pat paid but it was reasonable, he took us to Hell & back! Lol
He made several stops at places we requested an gave us lots of information re the island. We did get a T shirt for our son, Hell PD, he works in law enforcement and enjoyed the joke.
It was well worth the money, no worries re traffic laws or how to get to anything. Linda

knobcreek
July 13th, 2012, 10:48 AM

That was part of the reason a private taxi/ guide seems to work best. You have more to say where you will go and for how long. Linda

Host Corkey
July 13th, 2012, 02:01 PM
we also had a private tour on Grand Cayman and enjoyed that - only 4 of us - so it was fast going in and out of that coach - our guide was great -

carol

knobcreek
July 13th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Forgot to say thanks to Carol (Flames) for telling me about this thread....enjoying it! Linda

flames
July 13th, 2012, 03:27 PM
Forgot to say thanks to Carol (Flames) for telling me about this thread....enjoying it! Linda

Hi Linda, welcome to All Things NOLA, there are a great group of people over here and most of them are on the Nav cruise Feb 23rd 2013:eek:;)

flames
July 13th, 2012, 03:30 PM
http://blog.eogn.com/.a/6a00d8341c767353ef01761669e980970c-800wi

Good Afternoon Everyone, hope you are having a great Friday the 13th:eek:;)

Host Corkey
July 13th, 2012, 05:14 PM

Hope you are having a lucky day too!! and Everyone on this thread!
Corkey Carol

Host Corkey
July 13th, 2012, 05:15 PM
Big Dave:

Thinking of you.... Lots of Hugs from both of us.... Carol & Narce

NAHA
July 13th, 2012, 05:51 PM
I'm sure they do but last time we were there we rented taxi service, there were 4 of us dont remember exact amt we pat paid but it was reasonable, he took us to Hell & back! Lol
He made several stops at places we requested an gave us lots of information re the island. We did get a T shirt for our son, Hell PD, he works in law enforcement and enjoyed the joke.
It was well worth the money, no worries re traffic laws or how to get to anything. Linda

Hi, Linda, glad to see you here...have you been to New Orleans or is this your first time? Steve and I have never been there together..he was there when he was young - ger...(I almost said "young", hehe) and I have never been there. There are a few people here who have been to NOLA and at least one ~ Jimmie James, who lives there and comes to visit occasionally.

Looking forward to meeting you!:D

NAHA
July 13th, 2012, 05:53 PM

Lucky day to you, too, Carol! And to everyone!

knobcreek
July 13th, 2012, 07:43 PM
Hi, Linda, glad to see you here...have you been to New Orleans or is this your first time? Steve and I have never been there together..he was there when he was young - ger...(I almost said "young", hehe) and I have never been there. There are a few people here who have been to NOLA and at least one ~ Jimmie James, who lives there and comes to visit occasionally.

This wii be our first time n NO, pan at least 2 days prior and are driving over frm Florida...if we find there's more we want to see we will stay post cruise also, The advantage of being retitred....looking forward to meeting everyone. Linda

jimjamxx
July 13th, 2012, 09:03 PM

JimmyJames here:

I don't live in New Orleans now, BUT, I was born in NOLA and grew up there. I live in Slidell, which is on the 'Da' Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain. [a quick 30 minute trip to the city]

We (JimmyJames and Miss Charlotte, the now retired school teacher) do frequently go to NOLA and the French Quarter.

Any questions y'all may have ask away. And I have beau coup pictures of the city as I am sometime called the "Photo Guy"

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/47112/2738605440104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2738605440104734279PcaTiA)

http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/48243/2378373830104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2378373830104734279lGtUDc)

jimmyjames

flames
July 13th, 2012, 11:13 PM
JimmyJames here:

I don't live in New Orleans now, BUT, I was born in NOLA and grew up there. I live in Slidell, which is on the 'Da' Northshore of Lake Pontchartrain. [a quick 30 minute trip to the city]

We (JimmyJames and Miss Charlotte, the now retired school teacher) do frequently go to NOLA and the French Quarter.

Any questions y'all may have ask away. And I have beau coup pictures of the city as I am sometime called the "Photo Guy"

http://inlinethumb09.webshots.com/47112/2738605440104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2738605440104734279PcaTiA)

http://inlinethumb52.webshots.com/48243/2378373830104734279S600x600Q85.jpg (http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2378373830104734279lGtUDc)

jimmyjames

Hi Jimmy, Bob and I are not going on the Nav cruise in Feb we change to go on the Serenade of the Seas out of Barcaiona, Spain and it is a 15 day cruse to New Orleans, so we will be in NOLA on Dec. 12th 2013 and I hope you and Miss Charlotte will come to see us and have dinner with us, this cruise is such a good price we could not pass it up:eek:

flames
July 14th, 2012, 12:32 AM
If anyone is looking for an aft cabin for the Nav Feb 23rd 2013 a D1 cabin # 1692 is available and E1 cabin #8692 and if you want a JS in the Aft cabin #1694 is available ~ now a JS will give you double points and it does not cost much more so I would go for the JS and then the D1 and then the E1, so good luck:eek::D;):cool:

barnismom
July 14th, 2012, 01:37 AM
Linda, are you on this sailing? The other thread is way too long and confusing and hard to keep track of; this thread has Jimmy James!

This will be our second visit to NOLA and probably our last since there are many more bucket list places to visit. So Jimmy James where should the big splurge be in terms of dining? Last time my DH and I did Emeril's and Brennan's...

knobcreek
July 14th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Linda, are you on this sailing? The other thread is way too long and confusing and hard to keep track of; this thread has Jimmy James!

This will be our second visit to NOLA and probably our last since there are many more bucket list places to visit. So Jimmy James where should the big splurge be in terms of dining? Last time my DH and I did Emeril's and Brennan's...

Yes just schedule about a week ago, looking forward to NOLA, never been there, that an seeing old friends were the main reason we scheduled this, ports aren't anything out of thr ordinary. Linda

jimjamxx
July 14th, 2012, 05:34 PM

I would recommend Commanders Palace. It is in the area of New Orleans called "uptown" or the Garden District.

You could take the St Charles street car from downtown/Canal st.. The restaurant is a short 2 blocks from the street car stop.

I would recommend that you go during daylight times.
You will get to see a lot of neat houses, etc.
On this link you can see their menu.

http://www.commanderspalace.com/

Hope this helps.
jimmyjames

PS>> Here is a link for info on street cars:http://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/transportation/gettingaround/streetcars.html

newsier
July 14th, 2012, 05:50 PM
A street car ride might be an interesting way to spend an afternoon.

I was reading on one of the many apps I have for NOLA about the St Charles line.

It had a map and a description of the neighborhoods it went through.

All for a buck and a quarter - can't beat it!

And I am not sure, but I believe the Drury is close to the St Charles line.

g

breeezy
July 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
Wendy, so sorry that Tom lost his dad, you said you just went through that with Tom's dad, how long ago was that?:confused:

Thanks, Tom's dad passed on June 14.

A street car ride might be an interesting way to spend an afternoon.

I was reading on one of the many apps I have for NOLA about the St Charles line.

It had a map and a description of the neighborhoods it went through.

All for a buck and a quarter - can't beat it!

And I am not sure, but I believe the Drury is close to the St Charles line.

g

Yes, the line is right by the Drury! I hope we can here the bell when it passes by!! How fun will that be!! It will make that lasting memory!

newsier
July 15th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Yes, the line is right by the Drury! I hope we can here the bell when it passes by!! How fun will that be!! It will make that lasting memory!

Well let's just plan a ride then. Perhaps one morning after breakfast. I am on my iPad currently, let me go get on a real computer and see if I can find that info and map on the St Charles Line.

Who else is interested?

Glenn

barnismom
July 15th, 2012, 12:32 PM
I would recommend Commanders Palace. It is in the area of New Orleans called "uptown" or the Garden District.

You could take the St Charles street car from downtown/Canal st.. The restaurant is a short 2 blocks from the street car stop.

I would recommend that you go during daylight times.
You will get to see a lot of neat houses, etc.
On this link you can see their menu.

http://www.commanderspalace.com/

Hope this helps.
jimmyjames

PS>> Here is a link for info on street cars:http://www.neworleansonline.com/tools/transportation/gettingaround/streetcars.html
Jimmy James, thank you for the recommendation and the links;I was thinking about this option. We rode the St. Charles all the way down to the end past all of the beautiful homes in the Garden District. I understand that Magazine street has great shopping. DH and I and the other remaining passengers all had to get off and then the driver flipped the seats and rode back to the Audubon area and walked through the zoo to take a trip back on the river.

breeezy
July 15th, 2012, 01:45 PM
Well let's just plan a ride then. Perhaps one morning after breakfast. I am on my iPad currently, let me go get on a real computer and see if I can find that info and map on the St Charles Line.

Who else is interested?

Glenn

I am going to post this on the Navigator 23, 2012 thread so we can get a bunch of people to go!! Not everyone from our thread is on this board, and I am sure lots of those people may be interested. That way everyone on our cruise will know about it. Hope that is ok!

Wendy B

Cruisin Dave
July 15th, 2012, 02:01 PM
Good afternoon Cruisers,

Sorry I haven't been here recently. My mother passed away Wednesday morning about 5:30 am. I was on the way to the airport when I received the text from my sister. I have been in Virginia since then.

David

newsier
July 15th, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good afternoon Cruisers,

Sorry I haven't been here recently. My mother passed away Wednesday morning about 5:30 am. I was on the way to the airport when I received the text from my sister. I have been in Virginia since then.

David

Sorry Dave - you and your Mom have been in many thoughts and prayers on here including mine.

Glenn

breeezy
July 15th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Good afternoon Cruisers,

David

So sorry to hear about your mom. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

knobcreek
July 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Dave, our sympathy to you an your family. Linda & Dom

flames
July 15th, 2012, 04:18 PM
Good afternoon Cruisers,

David

Dave, Our condolences goes out to you and your family, so sorry you did not make it in time to see your mother but I am sure she new you were on your way, prayers go out to you and your family also:(

flames
July 15th, 2012, 04:50 PM
http://www.graphicsgrotto.com/clipartpictures/comments/daysoftheweek/sunday/images/cacsunday4.jpg

Enjoy your Sunday Everyone:cool:

newsier
July 15th, 2012, 05:57 PM
Here is the info I found on NOLA Ultimate Guide:

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/47852/2089508450028376034S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2089508450028376034jWWOyW)

Link to this page (not sure it will work): http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&id=939601&part=2.2

http://inlinethumb23.webshots.com/49302/2938142400028376034S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2938142400028376034hTqjHP)

Link to page:http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&id=939600&part=2.2

http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/48160/2173545920028376034S600x600Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2173545920028376034ktqMmJ)

Link to page:http://web.mail.comcast.net/service/home/~/?auth=co&id=939603&part=2.2

I also checked on the prices at the Drury, my rate schedule went up (Gov). And our May cruise around the British Isles, my cabin class has gone up $1000 since late May.

Yup - it pays to book early...........

Glenn

barnismom
July 16th, 2012, 01:17 AM
Good afternoon Cruisers,

David
Dave & Bettie, a big hug from Patrick and I...you and your family were in our thoughts and prayers during this time. Plus I think you know that we think of you often!

barnismom
July 16th, 2012, 01:20 AM
I am going to post this on the Navigator 23, 2012 thread so we can get a bunch of people to go!! Not everyone from our thread is on this board, and I am sure lots of those people may be interested. That way everyone on our cruise will know about it. Hope that is ok!

Wendy B
Wendy, we are arriving Friday before the cruise but staying post-cruise along with a number of our friends. I think that the majority of those on the Nav thread are pre-cruise.

FYI, have you talked your mom and dad into joining us? Where are they sailing to next? Please give them our love!

Host Corkey
July 16th, 2012, 02:30 AM
Big Dave and Miss Bettie:

Our condolences and tight hugs to you and your family - May your Mom rest in peace - I know it's hard because no matter how old our parents are or how old we are, it's not easy losing a parent - keep her memory in your heart - we Love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers -
Narce & Carol

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 10:25 AM
Dave, so very sorry to hear about your mom, we were all thinking of you and praying for you while you were gone. Steve and I extend our condolences to you and Bette and your family.

travelgoddess1
July 16th, 2012, 11:40 AM

Interesting. I find it more confusing to have more than one thread for a sailing.:confused: Some might even feel excluded.:)

Good afternoon Cruisers,

David

David, we are so sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.

critterchick
July 16th, 2012, 02:36 PM
Good afternoon Cruisers,

David

I am very sorry for your loss, Dave. Hugs to you and yours.

Interesting. I find it more confusing to have more than one thread for a sailing.:confused: Some might even feel excluded.:)

Agreed. Not sure why we have two threads going for one sailing and this one rather tucked away?:confused::confused:

flames
July 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Agreed. Not sure why we have two threads going for one sailing and this one rather tucked away?:confused::confused:

Hi Jean, This thread is for New Orleans not for the Nav Cruise, we just talk about New Orleans and sometimes people that live in or around NOLA come and give us info, so if you are interested in NOLA this is a good way to meet people and remember you don't have to be on a cruise to join in here:cool:

I come here often but I am not on the Nav Cruise but I will be going to New Orleans in Dec. of 2013 and yes on a cruise:eek: we are on the Serenade from Barcelona to New Orleans a 15 TA cruise so I want to find out all I can from some of my friends here:cool:

flames
July 16th, 2012, 09:23 PM

Hi Karen, this thread is not for the Nav cruise it is for New Orleans, you don't have to be on a cruise to post here just talk about New Orleans and learn about New Orleans as there is some people on here that live in or near NOLA and they are not on the Nav cruise:cool:

I like coming over here as I will be going to NOLA next year and I want to know all about it from people I know and that will be there before me:eek:

critterchick
July 16th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hi Jean, This thread is for New Orleans not for the Nav Cruise, we just talk about New Orleans and sometimes people that live in or around NOLA come and give us info, so if you are interested in NOLA this is a good way to meet people and remember you don't have to be on a cruise to join in here

I come here often but I am not on the Nav Cruise but I will be going to New Orleans in Dec. of 2013 and yes on a cruise:eek: we are on the Serenade from Barcelona to New Orleans a 15 TA cruise so I want to find out all I can from some of my friends here

I thought that's what the Ports of Call threads were for.:). No matter. It's just odd to see this thread, which is largely populated by our NV thread, buried in near-oblivion.

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 09:27 PM
I am very sorry for your loss, Dave. Hugs to you and yours.

Tucked Away? No, this is the area where CC places the threads that members request to start in order to discuss a subject that is particularly interesting to some, or , at times, all members. This thread will always serve cruisers who travel to NOLA, even after our cruise is over. Please be aware also that RCI will have just started to sail out of NOLA again, so many RCI loyal customers have not cruised out of NOLA is quite awhile. A thread with updated info is useful. It is not meant to be limited to the Feb.23 sailing, and when I requested this thread from Laura Sterling, she knew that. You will notice that Emmy's Pink Boa Society thread is also included in the same category on the boards as this one is. The name of this thread is "All Things NOLA", NOT "Navigator, 2/23/13".. It just so happens that the people who started it are on the Feb. 23 sailing.

I hope that helps to clear things up. :)

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 09:39 PM
I thought that's what the Ports of Call threads were for.:). No matter. It's just odd to see this thread, which is largely populated by our NV thread, buried in near-oblivion.

This thread title is publicly published on Cruise Critic on the same page as all the other thread titles. It is not hidden any more than any of the other CC threads are. We whose ideas pitched in to start this thread enjoy it very much and we are very proud of it. We welcome your opinion and participation, but please do not come here and criticize our choice to start this thread.

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Hi Karen, this thread is not for the Nav cruise it is for New Orleans, you don't have to be on a cruise to post here just talk about New Orleans and learn about New Orleans as there is some people on here that live in or near NOLA and they are not on the Nav cruise:cool:

I like coming over here as I will be going to NOLA next year and I want to know all about it from people I know and that will be there before me:eek:

Well said, Carol. :)

critterchick
July 16th, 2012, 10:22 PM
This thread title is publicly published on Cruise Critic on the same page as all the other thread titles. It is not hidden any more than any of the other CC threads are. We whose ideas pitched in to start this thread enjoy it very much and we are very proud of it. We welcome your opinion and participation, but please do not come here and criticize our choice to start this thread.

Just looking for clarification, ma'am.

travelgoddess1
July 16th, 2012, 10:41 PM

Thank you, Carol, my post was in response to a comment that Janice (barnismom) made. Sorry I didn't get the memo about this thread -- I'm happy that I found it.

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Just looking for clarification, ma'am.

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to ask, m'lady!:)

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 10:55 PM
Thank you, Carol, my post was in response to a comment that Janice (barnismom) made. Sorry I didn't get the memo about this thread -- I'm happy that I found it.

Happy that you did, too, Karen. :) Please visit often...:)

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 10:58 PM
Southwest Airlines has now published their fares for our time frame in Feb~March, 2013. I booked our airfare this evening, $713.00 total round trip from Midway airport in Chicago. We arrive in the early afternoon on Friday and fly home on Wednesday, March 6.

critterchick
July 16th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Southwest Airlines has now published their fares for our time frame in Feb~March, 2013. I booked our airfare this evening, $713.00 total round trip from Midway airport in Chicago. We arrive in the early afternoon on Friday and fly home on Wednesday, March 6.

I hope that's for 2?

I need to go look...

NAHA
July 16th, 2012, 11:05 PM
I hope that's for 2?

I need to go look...

Yes. For Steve and I.

barnismom
July 16th, 2012, 11:09 PM
Karen, I am curious about my comment that has you upset; was it the pre & post cruise item? For the 2-23-13 Navigator thread it is very true...although I would love to do everything pre-cruise I cannot. I work for a small mom & pop employer as their HR Director. The most vacation time I have is two-weeks period for the rest of my life unless I change employers.

As Glenn and others have stated on the 2-23-13 Navigator thread they are doing this sailing because it is an opportunity to sail with friends past and future. This holds true for myself too and my friends know that I have this limited vacation time and want to maximize it. Many of them want to share & experience NOLA with my DH & moi. Good or bad this will be post-cruise and I am thankful that they can do this. Many of those actually do not like to stay post-cruise but are making this accomodation for me and I am honored...

We also have friends doing the pre-cruise and are sad that we cannot join in in the pre-cruise festivities. Karen, life has limitations and I personally cannot do everything I want to do but you & Pete should feel blessed that you can spend so many days at sea.

Again as Mary and Carol have stated this thread was started to discuss New Orleans and its many options not to compete with or against the Navigator 2-23-13 thread. We have many locals who come here and answer or many questions dumb and all but impart what their opinions...for that I am grateful.

This thread unlike the Navigotor thread will hopefully serve as a resource for future cruisers who want to visit New Orleans...thank you Mary for starting this thread!

barnismom
July 16th, 2012, 11:11 PM
Mary et all, I hope you know that if the fare goes down you can get a credit good for one year from the date of purchase that you can apply towards another flight. The good part is there is NO CHANGE FEE.

I am so glad that you have booked...I just looked at my itinerary on UAL and we get in at 8:35 a.m. Friday the 22nd.

Host Corkey
July 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I get lost in regular roll calls - can't keep up - I like these kinds of threads - and I don't call this a 'roll call' for that particular sailing - I like chatting with folks I know when I don't have time to go into the longer roll calls - it's just ME... no offense - we are all comfortable here and don't criticize each other blah blah blah -
Been wanting to meet both Karen and Jean for a while now since we have all been on CC for years - hopefully, we will -
Thanx for letting us know that SW has opened it's schedule - I just did my Dec Allure booking so now, on to Feb--- !!

Corkey Carol

barnismom
July 16th, 2012, 11:15 PM

David, we are so sorry for your loss. Condolences to you and your family.
Karen, okay I see why you are confused...so I am sorry that you thought there were two opposing threads! Mea Culpa!