PDA

View Full Version : who was your favorite cruise director and why?

ilandlvr
March 18th, 2012, 02:29 PM
I had Richard Spacey once and I thought he was fabulous. Wondering who are others that people enjoy and why.

debache
March 18th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joff Eaton...fabulous sense of humour....He reminds me of John Cleese from Monty Python....I also really like Kevin Spacey...I also like Ken Rush.. The more I think about it, I guess I like a lot of them..I am easy to please (lol)...But Joff is still my favorite...

egill
March 18th, 2012, 03:54 PM
We had Allan Brooks on Freedom 2 years ago. He was great. Awesome sense of humor, could really think on his feet. Loved him doing the Quest. Seemed he was everywhere on the ship. Even played dodgeball against him.

colesc15
March 18th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Graham Seymour by a mile

TexCruise371
March 18th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Graham Seymour by a mile

I generally could care less about cruise directors but, I have to agree that Graham Seymour is a "hoot":D Very Funny guy!

janetz
March 18th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Richard...He is funny, full of energy, very talented and he's hot.

lakelorain
March 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM
I like two, Joff Eaton because of his high energy and Carly B because of her high energy and she doesn't tell any stupid jokes.

hancogran
March 18th, 2012, 05:41 PM
For me, it has to be Mike Szwajkowski ! He was CD on Adventure when we sailed from Puerto Rico a few years ago. He really kept things going. :D

BriBooVa
March 18th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Although he is no longer with rci, I think Chris Northey from the explorer of the seas was the best cruise director we ever had.

cot427
March 18th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Hard to pick my absolute favorite, but Richard Spacey and Graham Seymour are the top two...by far! No other CDs even start to compare to them. I love their energy levels, senses of humor, and both are extremely talented in addition to their job.

I just had Abel Jeney as a CD and being a fairly new CD, he was okay. James Andrews was also okay.

Additionally, Jimmy Rhodes was very funny with a lot of energy, but he comes off a bit strong.

MikeNJ1109
March 18th, 2012, 05:48 PM
Any CD who maintains a low profile .... who can manage his/her staff in a professional manner ... and provide the us (the passengers) with a reasonable or better cruise experience ... is our favourite.

We've had several very good CD's on both our RCL and NCL cruises, and Clo O'Connor stands out as one of the better CD's overall.

Michael and Silke

luvscruising2007
March 18th, 2012, 05:54 PM
I also like Joff Eaton. But we have been very fortunate and have enjoyed all of them we have encountered.

Mewissy
March 18th, 2012, 05:56 PM
I've had 3 favorites.

1. Richard Spacey - What I liked about Richard was he was great on his feet. The Quest we saw with him was the best one. He was also hilarious during the Love & Marriage show. My DH loved the shows they would play on TV where he starred, like the parady of Top Gun.

2. Chris Northey - While Chris wasn't as great as Richard in some of the hosting, his morning shows on the TV would crack me up. Him, and his assistant director Leigh, were too funny. We would honestly watch some of them a few times because we thought they were hysterical.

3. Leigh - I wish I knew what Leigh's last name was. He was the assistant with Chris, but we also had him as our CD on the Liberty years before. He remembered my grandparents who were on the Love & Marriage show years before. He told us when we saw him on the Explorer (with Chris) that he was only standing in for 2 weeks.

So far, we haven't ever had a bad CD. I just don't remember who the other 2 we've had were, so I think that says something :)

SamFritz
March 18th, 2012, 06:03 PM
If all that Mike S. did was "Fountains" he would have been the best, but he was much more than just that.

I also really liked John Blair, his Neil Diamond act was fantastic.

I haven't had any of the big names: Grahm Seymor, Richard Spacey. So I can't compare John and Mike to them.

uksimonusa
March 18th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Alan Brooks and james Andrews

Aquahound
March 18th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I have to go back a few years. My favorite was Matt Baker. He started every show on his harmonica and did the best Austin Powers impression I have seen. RCI lost him to NCL.

dreamer976
March 18th, 2012, 06:12 PM
Have had Graham Seymour on two different cruises/ships. He seems to be everywhere always trying to make sure everyone is having a good time and a good laugh!

Ashland
March 18th, 2012, 06:17 PM
I don't usually take much notice but several years ago there was a husband & wife (she had very curly hair) that we had on two of our RCI cruises and they were an amazing duo...Sorry can't remember their names..The ones we have had on recent cruises made no impression on us at all...

nurseingu
March 18th, 2012, 06:20 PM
Jorge Solano was the best cruise director I've ever experiences! He was the CD on the Carnival Triumph in May 2009 and on the Glory in May 2010. Shortly after the 2010 cruise he got married and retired. Sure do miss Jorge! He was so personable. And always had a way to make you laugh!

Karen

karen s
March 18th, 2012, 06:29 PM
If all that Mike S. did was "Fountains" he would have been the best, but he was much more than just that.

I haven't had any of the big names: Grahm Seymor, Richard Spacey. So I can't compare John and Mike to them.

OMG - "Fountains" was fantastic!!! I especially loved how he hyped it up at every opportunity prior to the performance! Here's a video of it I found on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-_azM5bYg

hancogran
March 18th, 2012, 06:34 PM
OMG - "Fountains" was fantastic!!! I especially loved how he hyped it up at every opportunity prior to the performance! Here's a video of it I found on You Tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7-_azM5bYg

:D Oh thanks for posting the link! "Fountains" was hilarious and Mike was definitely the star of that show.

mj
March 18th, 2012, 06:41 PM

Saw the "Fountains" on the Liberty and that was hilarious. Enjoyed him and also had Allen Brooks on the Allure. He was great also.

39august
March 18th, 2012, 06:44 PM
Graham Seymore. That is one funny guy. With Mike S. as second

CroozinFamily
March 18th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I usually don't remember the Cruise Directors. We've had some that have done a good job and others that were just okay. BUT, when we sailed Oasis last year, RICHARD SPACEY was SO head and shoulders above the rest that we definitely remember his name!!!

We'll probably have Ken Rush on our upcoming Allure cruise. I haven't seen him mentioned on this thread. Is he good?

iamsunnysarah
March 18th, 2012, 06:50 PM
Ricky Matthews!! He did an amazing job on our Serenade cruise last year!! So much energy, very entertaining...I have read other reviews of CDs who are never around, but Ricky was EVERYWHERE! DH and I ran into him at the Sunset Bar, Maho Beach on St. Maarten- very nice guy too!

mj
March 18th, 2012, 06:53 PM
I usually don't remember the Cruise Directors. We've had some that have done a good job and others that were just okay. BUT, when we sailed Oasis last year, RICHARD SPACEY was SO head and shoulders above the rest that we definitely remember his name!!!

We'll probably have Ken Rush on our upcoming Allure cruise. I haven't seen him mentioned on this thread. Is he good?

Never had him as cruise director. If you do a search on this site, you will see threads about him and the reviews seem mixed. Had Allan Brooks on Allure and thought he was great.

DonnaK
March 18th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Dennis Sciortino is our favorite CD!

Ander026
March 18th, 2012, 07:15 PM
Well during my sailing over the last couple of years, 2 cruise directors really stand out.

1. Drew Devine - He was the CD on the Monarch on 2 of my December cruises. He has fantastic energy and a great personality

2. Marc Walker - He was also a CD on one of my other Monarch cruises. Fantastic personality and he made you feel like you had a fantastic vacation.

I have also had Graham Seymore for my 2 Freedom cruises. I loved his morning show and his adult comedy show. I never did buy the Grum 2000.

SamFritz
March 18th, 2012, 08:06 PM
I don't usually take much notice but several years ago there was a husband & wife (she had very curly hair) that we had on two of our RCI cruises and they were an amazing duo...Sorry can't remember their names..The ones we have had on recent cruises made no impression on us at all...

I'm going to guess that that was John Blair, at the moment I'm forgetting his wife's name.

mmcruise
March 18th, 2012, 09:14 PM
We've never really cared who the cruise director was - some of them are downright obnoxious - but we thought Dennis was great, so another vote for him.

He told us 4 1/2 years ago on Mariner that he was retiring, though - guess not!

Todnet
March 18th, 2012, 09:17 PM
Graham Seymour by a mile

Ditto

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qkhleh

megr1125
March 18th, 2012, 09:25 PM
Graham Seymour and Allen Brooks..also Dave Chapman was pretty entertaining...

clean1owner
March 18th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Dave Chapman from the Majesty. He was the best cruise director I have had, any ship, any line. Not only was he very entertaining with more energy than the Energizer Bunny, he was genuinely friendly.

With most Cruise Directors that I have seen, they seem great during their public appearances, but if you ever meet them 1 on 1 in a hallway, their eyes go to the floor, the ceiling, the wall, or whatever they are carrying in their hand, and they just walk on by. With Dave Chapman, he looks you in the eye and gives you a genuine "G'Day!" and a nod or a wave. If someone asks him a question about something on the ship, he does his best to answer it, rather than just saying "Check at the Pursers Desk, they should be able to help." From what I have seen, he is truely committed to the customer.

ryano
March 18th, 2012, 10:15 PM
So far Ive had Drew Devine and "Dan Dan the Party Man" ...........Drew by a long shot! Next up Graham Seymour. :)

medfordgirl
March 18th, 2012, 10:31 PM
I never knew (in all my cruises) who the CD was. That is until my last cruise with Graham Seymour. He was hoot.

pjlee3333
March 19th, 2012, 08:10 AM
I'm going to guess that that was John Blair, at the moment I'm forgetting his wife's name.

His wife's name is Katrina. They are one of my favorites as well. Like his Neil Diamond as well - someone else mentioned it.

My other Favorit is Carly B. Always high energy and interacting with people.

fred20155
March 19th, 2012, 09:02 AM
I had Richard Spacey once and I thought he was fabulous. Wondering who are others that people enjoy and why.

I really enjoyed Richard Spacey too, he was the CD on our first Oasis cruise and that was also our first cruise ever. He really added to the whole experience and I thought he was very funny.

Iceman's Mum
March 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
No contest - Graham Seymour all the way :D His early morning TV show is such a good start to the day; adult comedy show is great and he is a very very sociable and funny guy - as well as being rather a good singer!!

However looking forward to seeing Joff Eaton (hopefully) on Indy this coming June.

bibbysnow
March 19th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Richard Spacey is by far my favorite.

Ken Rush is my least favorite.

tjmaher
March 19th, 2012, 12:23 PM
LOVE Allan Brook! He is am amazing CD. He is at every game that is played on the ship and runs them all. He has a great sense of humor and is extremely quick thinking! You always see him out and about the ship. Not like the ones that hide until it is night time!

ORANGEinINDY
March 19th, 2012, 12:37 PM
I generally could care less about cruise directors but, I have to agree that Graham Seymour is a "hoot":D Very Funny guy!I have to agree with my esteemed friend, CD is LOW on my list of what makes for a good cruise. But disagree on Graham... not a "hoot":D He was OK. I did like Richard Spacey... very accessible, funny and entertaining.

Ricky Matthews on Serenade this past October was pretty good as well.

princess5750
March 19th, 2012, 12:57 PM
We just had Abel Janey on the Adventure a couple weeks ago...I really liked him...he was awesome during Love & Marriage and every single other event he was a part of. That was my 4th cruise and on no other cruise did we participate in as many things as we did this time. Loved Abel as the CD, so personable...really, the whole activities staff was awesome...Katie, Gio.....

RCCL Fan
March 19th, 2012, 01:03 PM
Why does RCI continue to treat Ken Rush as the king of cruise directors??

Notice only one person listed him as a favorite. Most people I know dislike him, hear that a lot on here too. So, what gives? With amazing staff like Spacey, Brooks, and Seymour why do they trot this guy out on every new ship?

I mean is the theory you need the better cruise directors on older ships with less wow? Does he pad the comment card box?

Ashland
March 19th, 2012, 01:04 PM
Any idea where they are..still with RCI ??

mgoblue19
March 19th, 2012, 01:11 PM

Notice only one person listed him as a favorite. Most people I know dislike him, hear that a lot on here too. So, what gives? With amazing staff like Spacey, Brooks, and Seymour why do they trot this guy out on every new ship?

I mean is the theory you need the better cruise directors on older ships with less wow? Does he pad the comment card box?

Yeah, I have no clue.

I have only been on one cruise (Allure, with Ken Rush as CD) so can't compare with others. That being said, talking to the rest of my group who had cruised and Ken was ok. Nothing bad, but nothing great. That was the impression I got as well.

Virtopia
March 19th, 2012, 01:25 PM
James Andrews. Had him on the Liberty and Majesty and he was extremely personable and easy to approach.

Had Jimmy Rhodes on my last cruise and he wasn't my cup of tea.

DonnaK
March 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Any idea where they are..still with RCI ??

They are on Enchantment now, but are scheduled to take their usual break sometime in May,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1590430&page=4

netgear2020
March 19th, 2012, 03:22 PM
simon baker , because he was funny

rookieblue
April 1st, 2012, 08:10 PM
We had Allan Brooks on Freedom 2 years ago. He was great. Awesome sense of humor, could really think on his feet. Loved him doing the Quest. Seemed he was everywhere on the ship. Even played dodgeball against him.

I agree with you Allan Brooks is AMAZING!! We had him on Freedom2 years ago...Wish I knew where he was now.

rookieblue
April 1st, 2012, 08:13 PM

I agree with you I was NOT impressed with Ken Rush 2 weeks ago on Allure! I had Allan Brooks on Freedom 2 years ago and Richard Spacey on Oasis last year and they were WAY better than Ken! You saw then alot more and they had better senses of humor, more outgoing and goofy.
Sheri

DonnaK
April 1st, 2012, 08:17 PM
I agree with you Allan Brooks is AMAZING!! We had him on Freedom2 years ago...Wish I knew where he was now.

I believe he is starting a rotation on Allure today!

cuppy
April 1st, 2012, 09:12 PM
Gordon Whatman, we sailed with him on the Explorer. He was amazing

matj2000
April 1st, 2012, 09:12 PM
The one I never see...

BonTXNY
April 1st, 2012, 09:30 PM
Abe Hughes on The Rhapsody approx. 7 years ago. Sweet, accesible, sincere, funny, not alway "on" and so adorable I always wanted to ruffle his hair when I saw him. I hear he's working in Vegas now. Good luck, Abe!

ORANGEinINDY
April 1st, 2012, 10:18 PM
Eric Dowis ... and "Dale"

prekteacher1
April 1st, 2012, 10:50 PM
That would be Katrina and John Blair. John is the cruise director and his wife, Katrina is the Activities Director. They are a great team. In addition to being a talented singer, John is also a gifted hypnotherapist. If you are on Enchantment of the Seas, go to his stress management session. You'll be glad you did!

bigeagle12
April 1st, 2012, 11:18 PM
We loved Becky Thompson (sp) on the Mariner in 2007. She was great.

yogimax
April 1st, 2012, 11:35 PM
Has to be Becky. We're D+ and she's the only one whose name I remember.

jd1966
April 2nd, 2012, 12:50 AM
Joff Eaton and Clo O'Connor on RCCL.

Alejandro Tortorelli (on X)

lah66
April 2nd, 2012, 06:15 AM
Has to be Graham Seymour....when we were on the Mariner he sang Chasing Cars and we were awed...we go to you tube now and then just to re-live the moment. His morning show is hilarious. I need to book with him again!

chrissycpm
April 2nd, 2012, 06:16 AM
Keiren Buffery, Hilarious

compman9
April 2nd, 2012, 10:38 AM
Favourite - Gordon Whatmore - couldn't be nicer, especially to the elderly. Good singer too

Least favourite - Ken Rush - I didn't really see the point of him, he had no noticeable talent, and he expected his staff to do all the work for him

negc
April 2nd, 2012, 10:59 AM
Joff Eaton and Clo O'Connor on RCCL.

Alejandro Tortorelli (on X)
Two of my favorites. Least favorite was Becky Thompson whose over-the top style was just too grating. Fortunately, as far as I am concerned, she is now working on shore.
On our New Year's Eve cruise we found Dan Whitney to be very good, very personable and he won our vote by reviving the "If I were not upon the sea" skit at the farewell show. We also enjoyed Carly B on the Jewel repositioning cruise from Boston to Tampa- again very personable and very involved in everything going on aboard the ship. :)

B-52
April 2nd, 2012, 11:05 AM
The one I never see...

Exactly....my favorite was the one I hardly saw, and don't remember. Which means he/she was not always in your face and obnoxious.

beachnative
April 2nd, 2012, 11:10 AM
Favorite: Richard Spacey. Why, he's talented, funny, and full of energy.

Drew Devine and John Blair are also excellent.

crusingdave
April 2nd, 2012, 08:45 PM
Keiren Buffery, Hilarious
He is fantastic, very personable, but no longer with Royal Caribbean. He received "a dirty deal."

tlawson1128
April 2nd, 2012, 09:15 PM
We really enjoyed Chris Northey on our Explorer cruise last April. I understand he is no longer with RCCL. Does anyone know where he went/is?

Terry from Georgia

luvscruising2007
April 2nd, 2012, 09:18 PM
Sorry to hear that Kieron Buffrey is no longer with RC. He was our first CD and we really enjoyed him.
Joff Eaton is my favorite.

Nesset
April 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM
anyone remember\know who was on the Oasis in mid august 2010? It was a british guy in his 30's (probably), but can not remember his name...
:confused:

villauk
April 3rd, 2012, 05:28 PM
Favourite - Gordon Whatmore - couldn't be nicer, especially to the elderly. Good singer too

Least favourite - Ken Rush - I didn't really see the point of him, he had no noticeable talent, and he expected his staff to do all the work for him

Gordon is our favourite, too. We've sailed several times when he's been CD and we were hoping he was going to return for our sailing on Brilliance in June - no such luck, he's on Voyager :(

TonyaJune
April 3rd, 2012, 07:36 PM
Jimmy Rhodes - How You Cruisin? He is hilarious!!

fred20155
April 4th, 2012, 08:18 AM
anyone remember\know who was on the Oasis in mid august 2010? It was a british guy in his 30's (probably), but can not remember his name...

Had to be Richard Spacey most likely. Don't know about mid August 2010 but he was on the late September 2011 Oasis cruise - very funny and many people think he's one of the best.

birdylady
April 4th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Graham Seymour, hands down! We've been lucky enough to have him on 3 out of 6 of our cruises. Love his morning shows and his sense of humor. You can't help but want to watch and see what he does/says next.

Erika

sg1phileshipper
April 4th, 2012, 09:05 AM
Graham Seymour, because he seemed to be everywhere on the ship. Great sense of humor too. I kinda liked Kirk Dettweiler too :D

Cindy

sg1phileshipper
April 4th, 2012, 09:10 AM
Abe Hughes on The Rhapsody approx. 7 years ago. Sweet, accesible, sincere, funny, not alway "on" and so adorable I always wanted to ruffle his hair when I saw him. I hear he's working in Vegas now. Good luck, Abe!

We had him as a stand-in for a week on the Mariner in 2010. Amazing guy, very down to earth. He even showed up for the meet and mingle. Didn't count him, since he wasn't a CD anymore back then, already working on a show in the Venetian in Vegas. I think he was responsible for the show, but I could be wrong. He told us a long time ago.

Cindy

davekathy
April 4th, 2012, 09:22 AM
Abel Jeney...funny, energetic, talented and personable.

cruisercrazy69
April 4th, 2012, 09:36 AM
Joff Eaton...fabulous sense of humour....He reminds me of John Cleese from Monty Python....I also really like Kevin Spacey...I also like Ken Rush.. The more I think about it, I guess I like a lot of them..I am easy to please (lol)...But Joff is still my favorite...
I actually met John Cleese on the QE2 was lucky to chat with him for 5 or 10 minutes the CD was ironically named Andy Dinsdale as Dinsdale Piranha was a character in a Pythons sketch

cruisercrazy69
April 4th, 2012, 09:38 AM
My favorite was Walter eley on the old Commodore very funny personable .
Least favorable was John Heald a legend in his Mind:)

rookieblue
April 4th, 2012, 12:30 PM
It was more than likely Richard Spacey, I had him on Oasis!

Scottifer
April 4th, 2012, 01:09 PM
This may have been because it was my first cruise, but my favorite was the cd on the brilliance a two years back. I believe his name was Matt something, his assistant was something like Cuddy. I think Matt was British and Cuddy was Scottish. They were great and very professional, and my wife and I enjoyed watching their daily cruise show, it was a riot.

Alan the sponge
April 4th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Graham Seymour was very funny but John Heald at Carnival was by far the most memorable and his care and compassion are complimented by his sense of humor. Never sailed with Richard Spacey but hear he rocks.

goldz4
April 4th, 2012, 08:38 PM
My family really likes James Andrews, Allan Brooks and Ken Rush.

H82seaUgo
April 7th, 2012, 03:57 PM
John Heald at Carnival was by far the most memorable and his care and compassion are complimented by his sense of humor.

i take it you never sailed with the person he modeled his schtick after, dave armour? best ccl cruise director ever!

as far as rccl, we like allan brooks. fresh and original!

Arzeena
April 7th, 2012, 04:15 PM
Dave Chapman (RCI) and

Matt Baker (NCL) he is the best of the best!

Riff Sniff
April 14th, 2012, 11:20 PM
We really liked Jimmy Rhodes ("How you cruisin'?") on the Voyager. We met him at our CC Meet & Mingle event and we were very impressed with how friendly and approachable he was.

We also liked Dave Chapman on the Majesty in 2011.

smoosh21
April 15th, 2012, 01:35 AM
Truth is that I don't care so much about the Cruise Director, since I never interact directly with them. I care more about the cruise staff since they are running the Trivia shows, the Karaoke, etc. They are the people who do the real heavy lifting on the ship to keep the passengers entertained.

JohninTroy
April 15th, 2012, 08:24 AM
Let's see......
On the Adventure of the seas - We had Richard Spacey
On the Freedom of the Seas - we had Richard Spacey
On the Oasis of the Seas - we had Richard Spacey
We're going on the Explorer of the seas in September and I heard the CD will be......
RICHARD SPACEY!!!!

We think he's a great Cruise Director, hard working (we saw him rehearsing at something like 1 in the morning), and very funny

But I think he's stalking us............

vickiw0318
April 15th, 2012, 09:04 AM
There's so much more to the job of Cruise Director than stage appearances. If the activities are being run well, then he/she is doing a good job. On one of our cruises, we got to know the band director. It happened to be at the time of a cruise director change. The old one was still on board and the new one was too. The new one was making changes ranging from how the band sounded to how one of the lounge singers was being miked. It really made me see just how much impact they have on all the entertainment areas.

I like the friendly ones too. Dennis Charles (aka Scortino) once halted mid-run from emceeing the evening show to his next gig as Gambling with the Cruise Director to ask how I was enjoying my cruise. He didn't have to do that. He was also the only CD I ever had that actually came and stayed at a Meet and Mingle. I too have appreciated the on and offstage energy of Allan Brooks, Ricky Matthews and Joff Eaton.

Right now, I only have one question. How in all my cruises have I missed both Graham Seymour and Richard Spacey????

jobowl
April 15th, 2012, 09:15 AM
I have to go back a few years. My favorite was Matt Baker. He started every show on his harmonica and did the best Austin Powers impression I have seen. RCI lost him to NCL.

could not agree more. We were with him on his last cruise with RCCL.

andyman1172
April 15th, 2012, 05:46 PM
My family and I liked Graham Seymour the best - his morning shows are the best we've seen. Alan Brooks is a close second.

My least favorite is Jimmy Rhodes. By the end of the sailing, I was calling him "Jimmy Your Cruise Annoyance."

phantom728
April 15th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Our favorite CD has been Alan Brooks. He was hysterical. My DH did the belly flop contest and every time we would see Alan after that he remembered him. SPF 1000 - inside joke!!

Candleonwater
April 15th, 2012, 10:02 PM
Abe actually left Vegas, and relocated to Miami. He's working landside for Royal Media Partners. On our recent Enchantment cruise, I turned on the tv, and thought, wow, that's an old show, why are they still using Abe? We sailed with him on Freedom for his last sailing as CD. DD walks into the room and says, "what's Abe doing on tv?" He kept talking and it sure sounded like he was on the ship with us. Sure enough, he was... he was the "jewelry guy".

I would say my favorite CD is Graham Seymour, with Abe as a close second.

Worst? John Blair!

Momto5
April 15th, 2012, 10:25 PM
We recently had Richard Spacey and I agree-he is awesome. And a little bit hot...

We previously cruised on Celebrity. I can't remember our cruise director on the Zenith and our CD on Millennium was only memorable for the fact he was from a city near us in Canada.

So so far, Richard Spacey wins by a mile!

paintedduck
April 16th, 2012, 01:59 AM
we liked john blair, carly B, and keith williams...

didn't care for johnny O...nor did we care for the three CDs on our three X cruises, so much so we didn't know their names.

jellyfish39
April 21st, 2012, 10:09 PM
We have only been on 7 cruises - but never even paid attention to the names of any cruise directors - they were all so forgettable - until this last cruise, we had the pleasure of having Richard Spacey as cruise director. He was fantastic.

negc
April 21st, 2012, 10:27 PM
Truth is that I don't care so much about the Cruise Director, since I never interact directly with them. I care more about the cruise staff since they are running the Trivia shows, the Karaoke, etc. They are the people who do the real heavy lifting on the ship to keep the passengers entertained.

What you should realize is that the staff works under the overall direction of the cruise director and often reflect his attitudes, personality and style. If you encounter a great cruise staff, you will probably find an equally great cruise director. If they are less than enthusiastic and don't interact well with the passengers, the cruise director most likely hasn't done his or her job. However, all of the really great CDs that we have sailed with have always been very visible, very personable and interacted very well with all of the passengers. He or she always did much more than simply emcee the evening entertainment.

NYCRUISR
April 21st, 2012, 10:29 PM
For me, it has to be Mike Szwajkowski ! He was CD on Adventure when we sailed from Puerto Rico a few years ago. He really kept things going. :D

We had Mike a few times as Cruise Director. His comedic timing was right on. He was a very visible CD...found all over the ship. A most personable man. We were sorry to hear he resigned from RCCL to pursue a career on dry land. We ( the MIXED NUTZ) miss him.:p

Rwwebber4
January 28th, 2014, 08:28 PM
How is Keith Williams?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

mike45orlando
January 28th, 2014, 08:40 PM
After Richard Spacey I would say go back a few years to Kirk Detweiler. He used to finish the main shows and head to the schooner bar to sing a couple of songs. Packed the place. #Randomwhiteboy

DreamingBig1
January 28th, 2014, 08:42 PM
I think its difficult to measure up to him.

floridababa
January 31st, 2014, 09:04 PM
We wereon the Oasis last summer and had "Amy" as CD. She had amazing energy and was involved in all aspects. When they did the YMCA song she was part of it.
Loved her!

natty bumppo
January 31st, 2014, 10:10 PM
Never mind. Didn't realize I was responding to a very old post!

SpartacusMD
January 31st, 2014, 10:51 PM
How is Simona Ferraiuolo on the navigator?

redbirdoh
February 2nd, 2014, 06:48 PM
We just got off Oasis and Allan Brooks totally made the cruise incredibly fun!

Troyer5
February 3rd, 2014, 08:15 AM
I think its difficult to measure up to him.
Most of mine have gone and are no longer active. I liked Jim Uherly, Dave Chapman, Ken Rush.

But my hands off favorite was Johnny Osborne because he would preform if needed.

I hope to have Graham before he stops doing Alaska.

Doug

laseiber
February 4th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Beachnative, can't agree with you more. Another favorite is Leigh on the Explorer and Tobi from the Serenade. Tobi is very talented.

My very least favorite is Jimmy Rhodes, who we have had too many times on the Explorer, was a nice change to have Richard Spacey and Frank, and Leigh with Frank and most recently Leigh with Erky from Turkey. They were a hoot on my December Explorer cruise. Drew was CD on daughter's wedding cruise and again on her cruise with me last February.

Goes Cruising
February 4th, 2014, 01:11 PM
Beachnative, can't agree with you more. Another favorite is Leigh on the Explorer and Tobi from the Serenade. Tobi is very talented.

My very least favorite is Jimmy Rhodes, who we have had too many times on the Explorer, was a nice change to have Richard Spacey and Frank, and Leigh with Frank and most recently Leigh with Erky from Turkey. They were a hoot on my December Explorer cruise. Drew was CD on daughter's wedding cruise and again on her cruise with me last February.

We just sailed with Tobi on the Serenade. I wasn't sure how I felt about him at 1st, but he really was very entertaining, talented, and just plain interesting. He did an awesome job with Love & Marriage. I also enjoyed his travel videos. Very different from any CD I've sailed with.

I also love Clo. I have never seen a CD out and about on the ship as much as her. Had her on a TA, and her and her staff did an outstanding job keeping things interesting on all of those sea days.

slyster
February 4th, 2014, 02:03 PM
Ricky Matthews! He was so personable and always full of energy. He just makes us laugh. We met him on Serenade of the seas and during our dinner at Portofinos he came over and said hello to my partner and I even though she was deaf (we were signing back and forth). Then on our last cruise, Grandeur, he came running up to us because he remembered us from our previous cruise. Just a really nice guys :-)

hairymelon
February 4th, 2014, 02:53 PM
Joff Eaton for me :)

Havin'fun
February 4th, 2014, 07:12 PM
Leigh and Erky on Explorer without a doubt. Makes me laugh just thinking about them! :D

OBX-Cruisers
February 4th, 2014, 08:41 PM
It's outstanding that so many people have so many favorites...........RCI is doing well and must have a fantastic vetting process. Richard Spacey of course will be the best Village People Indian................wife thinks...........but that is the extent of his interaction with the passengers vs. others