PDA

View Full Version : Eaton Bikes -- getting nervous!

rnvattes
April 2nd, 2012, 08:46 AM
Hoping someone from KW or who has dealt with this outfit before can give me reassurance.

I made my reservation a couple/few weeks back. When I did so, it did not ask for any form of payment, nor for details regarding where I want my bikes delivered. I sent an email last week requesting confirmation of my reservation and info on these details, and have not heard back.

Thoughts? (I know I could call but I'm hoping to avoid a long distance call when email is free ;) )

peter_krynicki
April 2nd, 2012, 10:37 AM
Eaton is probably the #1 bike rental place on Trip Advisor. But I've had a lot of luck either posting a Q on a Facebook Page or sending a message vie Facebook. Eaton had a Facebook page.

Pjk

cruisemom2
April 2nd, 2012, 06:34 PM
We always rent from A & M, but Eaton Bikes is a very reputable company and comes highly recommended (even by the owner of my preferred rental place). I would email them again. If you didn't originally provide any delivery instructions, they may be expecting you to pick them up from one of their locations. There's always a chance they didn't receive your email.

waterbugohio
April 3rd, 2012, 08:09 AM
Anyone familiar with Adventure Rentals??

rnvattes
April 3rd, 2012, 08:16 AM
Have sent another email and a FB message. Still nada as of this morning. Will give them til tomorrow and then I guess I'll have to call. Not starting off as a great experience with them... :rolleyes:

keywester33
April 5th, 2012, 07:59 AM
It is crazy busy in town this week. Not making excuses for them, but just letting you know... Eaton is one of the best companies in town. I would not be too concerned. Also, do you really pay extra for long distance? I have not heard of that in like 10 years!

rnvattes
April 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM
It is crazy busy in town this week. Not making excuses for them, but just letting you know... Eaton is one of the best companies in town. I would not be too concerned. Also, do you really pay extra for long distance? I have not heard of that in like 10 years!

We do! We live pretty frugally ;)

Still have not heard anything back...

rnvattes
April 6th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Well, no reply so I finally called their number. No answer there, went directly to voicemail. Left a message with all my info... Let's see what happens!

:rolleyes:

Ready to cancel my reservation at this point -- not a great first impression! Four electronic messages, and one voice mail... I just have some simple questions!

rnvattes
April 7th, 2012, 05:58 PM
Just got a call a short bit ago from the owner of Eaton. He said he got an alert from a message board that I was getting nervous about our bike rental reservation. :p Did one of you cool cats call them up for me??

In any case, we are all set. And I am feeling much more at ease.

emcee207
April 8th, 2012, 07:25 AM
There are several very friendly, informative and helpful locals on this Key West board; LOL, you know who you are! Thanks again for all the help!

bhopal21
April 8th, 2012, 05:52 PM
Just got a call a short bit ago from the owner of Eaton. He said he got an alert from a message board that I was getting nervous about our bike rental reservation. :p Did one of you cool cats call them up for me??

In any case, we are all set. And I am feeling much more at ease.

Went by there today and they were slammed but still had bikes available. Don't worry.

Mike:)

rnvattes
April 30th, 2012, 02:31 PM
Just popping on by post-cruise to say that our experience with Eaton Bikes was just fantastic. Friendly staff, helpful with information/directions, and easy peasy pick-up and drop-off.

I guess there must have been something screwy with their email system or something the week I couldn't get in touch with them. But my worries were unfounded, and I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone visiting Key West!

Thanks to the locals for your reassurances and for your help, too!

bhopal21
April 30th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Good news, thanks for the followup post.

Mike:)