breakfast

imcpa

I thought bars dont open until 10 am but have never had to test that.

I have been to the pool bar mid morning so that 3pm is definitely wrong. I would try La Palette its staffed from 5 or 6 am but usually open all night for coffee.

I notice only the pool bar is open during the day and it does not open until 3 pm or so. Has anybody had a problem ordering a mimosa or a Bloody Mary at breakfast?

They have a very nice set up in the "La Pallette" (where they have a Continental Breakfast at 7AM) with an iced bottle of Vodka and fixings for Bloody Mary's (make your own). You will not have a problem getting a drink on the PG!

Best, Jim

I am a very small drinker - like once or twice a year. However on the PG I love Efren's Cosmos so that is my exception.

If you go early in the morning to the Pool bar Ernesto usually has a nice concoction of fresh juices that are very refreshing.

I didnt know about the vodka and tomato juice - thats so funny but I think I will add it to my PG tips. It will be a really valuable tip for some needy people.

Another tip - dont drink the coffee in the pots in La Palette at 5 am - they have been there all night. Wait for the bar to open and order a nice cappucino.

I'm like you, Emdee, I rarely have a drink and could cruise on a ship without a bar (but no one seems to build one;)). It's one of the reasons I've been reluctant to book all inclusive cruises in the past... I never get my money's worth!:rolleyes: Maybe I will try that Cosmo on your recommendation see if I can!

I usually ask for the Cosmo light on the alcohol so its a nice cool drink. Efrem is my favourite but Randy makes a mean one too. Ernesto makes a nice champagne mojito as well - you may want to try it as well. Another nice after dinner drink is berries and nuts from efrem. Its a milk base with raspberry liquor and some frangelico or amaretto or both.

If you have recipes for non alcoholic or alcoholic drinks take them with you as they love the challenge of a new drink and get tired of the same old that people order.

Dont forget to enjoy the fresh coconut on Motu Mahana.

OK Hguy47 These are just for you...

They have baby lamb chops or minute steak for breakfast? If you are a Regent cruiser you would know this but I guess others wouldnt know this.

Also beware the orange juice in La Veranda as its ersatz. La Palette tends to be fresh squeezed.

They do have a nice collection of juices usually at breakfast also a smoothie.

Oh how I used to love having the grilled baby lambchops for breakfast. My friend nicknamed me lambchop for a while afterwards. They were so good. Amazing how one will indulge when on a cruise. :o

For some reason we rarely got into the mimosas at breakfast. Probably a good thing lol.

Archived