PDA

View Full Version : So where is the "Welcome Center"?

mawvkysc
May 20th, 2012, 11:10 PM
So I may do the "free cruise". I was wondering where the welcome center is? Is it at a hotel? If so which one? On our budget I figure it may be worth the hassle. We have done timeshare presentations before and never bought.

Bibble
May 21st, 2012, 12:11 PM
It's at a Ramada on State Road 7/441 and Commercial Blvd a little north and west of Fort Lauderdale.
As long as you know what you're in for, to me it's worth it :)

rsachek
June 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
You do not necessarily have to do the timeshare presentation. You do have to go to the welcome center to pick up your cruise vouchers and it is then that they will try to hard sell you into attending a presentation.

Between all of the taxes, fees, upgrades, etc. you will be close to what it would cost to take a 3-night cruise on a real line like Carnival or RCCL. Just my opinion.

sharecruises
June 23rd, 2012, 12:42 PM
You do not necessarily have to do the timeshare presentation. You do have to go to the welcome center to pick up your cruise vouchers and it is then that they will try to hard sell you into attending a presentation.

Between all of the taxes, fees, upgrades, etc. you will be close to what it would cost to take a 3-night cruise on a real line like Carnival or RCCL. Just my opinion.

So true....I live here and state rd 7/441 is a very shabby area, especially where the "welcome" center is, an old ramada inn, state rd 7 is full of pawn shops, used car dealers, little Jamaican and Mexican grocery stores

Have fun (not easy IMHO)

we're sailing away....
July 11th, 2012, 08:19 AM
Stay away...

hawaiifuncruise
August 2nd, 2012, 10:36 AM
Don't do this. I just came back and ship and booking was a nightmare. I have cruised before and thought that this was a good way to take another one since I have limited funds. The ship is no set up properly and alot of things did not work. I paid extra for a outside room for 3 people and our room that we got had a queen and a roll away bed instead of a pull down as requested. The air conditioning did not work and we had to yell to get a fan. This was the first time I wanted to get off of a ship.

mawvkysc
November 24th, 2013, 08:00 PM
It seems like one review said that Carribean Cruise Lines now has a "welcome center" in West Palm Beach too? Anyone else heard of that? It would make things a lot easier.:) I took the plunge and am giving the $59 cruise a shot. I have said no to all upgrades so far. I shouldn't have to take the timeshare presentation. We usually camp so bunkbeds won't be so bad.

mawvkysc
November 25th, 2013, 07:21 PM
It seems like one review said that Carribean Cruise Lines now has a "welcome center" in West Palm Beach too? Anyone else heard of that? It would make things a lot easier.:) I took the plunge and am giving the $59 cruise a shot. I have said no to all upgrades so far. I shouldn't have to take the timeshare presentation. We usually camp so bunkbeds won't be so bad.

So I called and booked the cruise. The agent said the only welcome center was in Ft Lauderdale. I didn't upgrade a single thing and he said I do not have to do the time share presentation. I may ask again as it gets closer and find out if I even have to go. I didn't want to push it yet because he wasn't pushy with me.

Aussiegrlfl
December 3rd, 2013, 07:50 PM
Hey I caught your question to me over on the floataway thread.....email me at Nineof5@aol.com....and I'll ask any questions....

Lee

mawvkysc
December 31st, 2013, 05:28 PM
So I called and booked the cruise. The agent said the only welcome center was in Ft Lauderdale. I didn't upgrade a single thing and he said I do not have to do the time share presentation. I may ask again as it gets closer and find out if I even have to go. I didn't want to push it yet because he wasn't pushy with me.
So today I got a call saying I can pick up my "boarding passes" at a resort in Palm Beach just 5 minutes from the port. This goes against what I was told earlier. I did not call her on that. So I would have to do a tour there and they would buy me breakfast. I also would get a "free"trip to Orlando with passes to a park for one day to do at a different time. I made her repeat twice that I was only obligated to two hours including breakfast. So we decided to go ahead and do it even though some have skipped the welcome center totally and been ok.

Bibble
January 3rd, 2014, 02:49 PM
So today I got a call saying I can pick up my "boarding passes" at a resort in Palm Beach just 5 minutes from the port. This goes against what I was told earlier. I did not call her on that. So I would have to do a tour there and they would buy me breakfast. I also would get a "free"trip to Orlando with passes to a park for one day to do at a different time. I made her repeat twice that I was only obligated to two hours including breakfast. So we decided to go ahead and do it even though some have skipped the welcome center totally and been ok.

When you get told the name of the resort, would you please post here?
I live local, and that would help sweeten the deal to be in Palm Beach!

mawvkysc
January 6th, 2014, 09:13 AM
When you get told the name of the resort, would you please post here?
I live local, and that would help sweeten the deal to be in Palm Beach!

Hi it is called Palm Beach Shores. They probably won't let a local take the tour though. We are canceling the tour. We do not want to get up early enough to get there by 9:30. We have close to 4 hrs. Drive that am