PDA

View Full Version : Mini-Meet at Parc Corniche 08/2012

OGCFreddie
July 14th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Okay. So I am now starting a new thread in our Pirate's Forum for the August mini-meet. The dates are 08/10/2012 through 08/14/2012. No need to come for the entire stay if things such as work prevent you (as in my case). I would suppose that the main meal will be Saturday night at the Parc Corniche restaurant (The Calypso). To make the reservation at the hotel, the link is http://parccorniche.com/ . The rates are $69.00 for a 1 bedroom suite on the weekdays and $79.00 on the weekend. Suites include full kitchen (except for oven), living area, dining area and bedroom. If you have stayed there before, be sure to mention that fact to get a 10% discount.

By the way...the new Walgreens at International and I-Drive has now opened if you need any essentials and the new Wawa (the first in FL, same corner as the Walgreems) has also opened. Wawa has some great choices for subs, sandwiches, etc. ( www.wawa.com (http://www.wawa.com) )

roger1955
July 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
Thanks Freddie for starting the thread. We will be there Sat Aug 11th around 3 pm and leaving on Tuesday the 14th after breakfast.

Kat & Rog

judyblu
July 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Roy & I will be there the 11th and leave on the 14th. Since we missed the last one in May we are really looking forward to this one.

Parrotheadtoo
July 15th, 2012, 02:10 PM
Thanks Freddie for starting the Parc Thread...

Barry and I will be arriving mid day on Saturday, Aug 11th, and checking out on Tuesday, Aug 14th.

For those who still need to book the Parc. The discount code is "survey" for your best rates!

Judy: Glad that you and Roy will finally get away...

D&B

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii163/MoragBates/Red%20Bubble/Revolvingsparklediamond.gifPlus

Don't mind me... I am playing with the revolving glistening stone!...

smoke1951
July 15th, 2012, 03:29 PM
David and I will be there in the early afternoon on Saturday, 11th and we plan to leave after breakfast on Tuesday, 14th. Looking forward to getting together with some of our favorite people!:)

kruz
July 16th, 2012, 12:00 PM
We are planning early afternoon on Saturday as well! Be great to see everyone again :)

OGCFreddie
July 16th, 2012, 12:20 PM
Mini-Meet August 2012
Parc Corniche Hotel, Orlando
08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

OGCFreddie, Fred (resident)

Roger1955 (Roger and Kat), Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

judyblu (Judy and Roy), Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

Parrotheadtoo, Dorothy and Barry, Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

smoke1951, Nancy and David, Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

kruz, Karen and Steve, Saturday 08/11/2012 - 08/12/2012

SharonoftheSeas
July 16th, 2012, 06:55 PM
We are planning on coming over and hanging out with you guys. Probably will sleep at home though, since we only live 1/2 hr. away. Should be able to arrive a little earlier on Saturday than we did the last time, since I'm off that day. :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting those that were not there the last time!

judyblu
July 16th, 2012, 07:24 PM
We are planning on coming over and hanging out with you guys. Probably will sleep at home though, since we only live 1/2 hr. away. Should be able to arrive a little earlier on Saturday than we did the last time, since I'm off that day. :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and meeting those that were not there the last time!

I am looking forward to meeting you:cool:

susibell2
July 17th, 2012, 01:23 PM
Steve and I are hoping to be there, it just depends when we can get to North Carolina to see our new granddaughter. Well she isn't here yet, she should be arriving in a week or so! We don't want to go to soon after she's born, want to let them get a little settled in. All depends on when I can get off of work on a Fri and Mon. If thats the wekend I can get off then we'll be in North Carolina.

OGCFreddie
July 17th, 2012, 01:26 PM
Mini-Meet August 2012
Parc Corniche Hotel, Orlando
08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

OGCFreddie, Freddie (resident)

Roger1955 (Roger and Kat), Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

judyblu (Judy and Roy), Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

Parrotheadtoo, Dorothy and Barry, Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

smoke1951, Nancy and David, Saturday, 08/11/2012 - 08/14/2012

kruz, Karen and Steve, Saturday 08/11/2012 - 08/12/2012

sharonoftheseas, Sharon and Garry, Saturday 08/11/2012

suziebell2, Sue and Steve, Saturday 08/11/2012 - 08/12/2012 (tentative)

kruz
July 18th, 2012, 01:14 PM

tell garry no Blarney stone this trip ..for him or us anyway!

Parrotheadtoo
July 18th, 2012, 05:46 PM
Ahoy Freddie...
We saw the grand opening for the WaWa, but we did not see you there.....

Thanks for the Parc List.

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u210/foxy78405/hump%20day/18.jpg

D&B

roger1955
August 2nd, 2012, 05:04 PM
Hi All

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend. Hope you will help us celebrate our Anniversary since Roger has to work this Sunday to get off for next week and so we cannot celebrate on the 5th.

Kat

judyblu
August 3rd, 2012, 02:26 PM
Hi All

Looking forward to seeing you all next weekend. Hope you will help us celebrate our Anniversary since Roger has to work this Sunday to get off for next week and so we cannot celebrate on the 5th.

Kat

I have a bottle of Champagne to help with the celebration. See you next week.

roger1955
August 3rd, 2012, 08:36 PM
I have a bottle of Champagne to help with the celebration. See you next week.

Thanks Judy.

roger1955
August 7th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Listen Up Pirates

For those who enjoyed the 7 night Radiance sailing out of Tampa or for those of you who missed it.

The Brilliance is doing a 7 night on Nov 16th. 2013 out of Tampa.

16-Nov Tampa, Florida (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=TPA) 4:30 PM
17-Nov Key West, Florida (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=EYW) 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Docked
18-Nov Cruising
19-Nov George Town, Grand Cayman (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=GCM) 7:30 AM 4:30 PM Tendered
20-Nov Roatan, Honduras (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=RTB) 10:30 AM 6:00 PM Docked
21-Nov Cozumel, Mexico (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=CZM) 9:00 AM 6:00 PM Docked
22-Nov Cruising
23-Nov Tampa, Florida (http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ports/group/home.do?portCode=TPA) 7:00 AM

Anyone intersted?

Kat

judyblu
August 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
Kat...we are booked!!!!!

Judy

SharonoftheSeas
August 9th, 2012, 07:50 AM
Just stopping by to say HI!!:)

Not much chatter on this thread lately.:confused:

Just wondering if everyone is still getting together for dinner Sat. evening??

kruz
August 9th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Hey Sharron- I keep losing the darn link..we are still in ..:)

SharonoftheSeas
August 9th, 2012, 09:34 AM
Hey Sharron- I keep losing the darn link..we are still in ..:)

Great Karen.....we will be there about 6:30. Had planned on having the day off, but was asked to cover for a co-worker at Epcot. Couldn't pass up the extra cruise money!:eek: I get off at 6, so will come straight from work and will have Garry meet me there.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!:D

OGCFreddie
August 9th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I spoke to Donna last night at the Calypson and told her to expect 10 or 12 for dinner (inside) that night. She is off that day but she WILL be sure to pass the word. I also mentioned that we might do breakfast Sunday morning so that they would not have the short staff when we were there last time. The food and the company was great. It was the looooong wait for service that was a hassle.

judyblu
August 9th, 2012, 12:11 PM
I do believe that Roy has everything we own stacked by the front door to be loaded up and taken to the Parc:eek: He is leaving the kitchen sink but that might go too by Saturday morning:);)

kruz
August 9th, 2012, 03:24 PM
i do believe that roy has everything we own stacked by the front door to be loaded up and taken to the parc:eek: He is leaving the kitchen sink but that might go too by saturday morning:);)

lol!

roger1955
August 9th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Just stopping by to say HI!!:)

Not much chatter on this thread lately.:confused:

Just wondering if everyone is still getting together for dinner Sat. evening??

We are still in for Sat dinner. maybe we can do the take out place one other night. was it pearls?

kat

OGCFreddie
August 9th, 2012, 05:43 PM
We are still in for Sat dinner. maybe we can do the take out place one other night. was it pearls?

kat

Yes. Pearls Chinese Cuisine. I also got the menu for Dockside which is in the Publix Plaza if you want it. I will scan and post it for ya.

judyblu
August 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM
Sounds like a plan to me:);) You know when it comes to food, I will always agree!!

Parrotheadtoo
August 10th, 2012, 02:57 PM
I do believe that Roy has everything we own stacked by the front door to be loaded up and taken to the Parc:eek: He is leaving the kitchen sink but that might go too by Saturday morning:);)
You say that everything is packed? He sounds like the planner in the family. Does that mean that we won't go thirsty at the Parc?

The pool floating lounger is blown up and is in the back seat of the car right now. Wait till Barry sees my four bags that I am bringing... I can see his face now. :eek:

Don't forget we are celebrating Kat & Roger's anniversary too!
Isabel and Hermes 42nd Anniversary is on tuesday, Aug 14th. They have not been feeling well , so they won't be coming to the Parc.
It is also E-Beth's birthday on Tuesday, Aug 14th.

Wishing all a Happy Friday! It's ribs dinner at the VFW tonight, and you all know the rest of the story!
http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/52120/2944434190079752668S600x600Q85.jpg (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2944434190079752668AtZzPC)
D&B

OGCFreddie
August 10th, 2012, 04:21 PM
You say that everything is packed? He sounds like the planner in the family. Does that mean that we won't go thirsty at the Parc?

The pool floating lounger is blown up and is in the back seat of the car right now. Wait till Barry sees my four bags that I am bringing... I can see his face now. :eek:

Don't forget we are celebrating Kat & Roger's anniversary too!
Isabel and Hermes 42nd Anniversary is on tuesday, Aug 14th. They have not been feeling well , so they won't be coming to the Parc.
It is also E-Beth's birthday on Tuesday, Aug 14th.

Wishing all a Happy Friday! It's ribs dinner at the VFW tonight, and you all know the rest of the story!
http://inlinethumb25.webshots.com/52120/2944434190079752668S600x600Q85.jpg (http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/photo/2944434190079752668AtZzPC)
D&B

I must have my dates wrong. I do show E-Beth's B-Day as the 14th but I show Kat and Roger's Anniversary as the 5th (last Sunday). Where did I mess up :confused: :confused: :confused:

judyblu
August 10th, 2012, 04:36 PM
Freddie...Roger had to work last Sunday so we will be celebrating their anniversary at the Parc. I have a bottle of Champagne that was waiting for a special day and this week-end will be it;):)

Dot....Believe me no one will be thirsty:D

roger1955
August 10th, 2012, 09:49 PM
Freddie

After we got out of church on Sunday Roger had to put in a 10 hour day at work so that he could get time off to be with us this time at the Parc. So I was sound asleep when he got home around 11pm. So we thought we would save the celebration until we were all together.

Kat

Parrotheadtoo
August 11th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Ahoy Mateys....
My dates may not be on the money, but I know I can depend on you all to correct me if I am off some......
I love any excuse to celebrate and have fun with t' mateys.

Our dinner at the VFW was a good one with Peach cobbler with ice cream for dessert. The $7 meal was well worth it, especially since you did not have to start any fires in the kitchen. :rolleyes:

My bags are at the front door, and Barry has not commented that I over-packed yet.. I know, that's coming soon.

Kat & Roger must be soaring in the sky by now, and David and Nancy are driving in Florida somewhere.
We wish you all a safe trip to the Parc.

See you all soon!

D&B

judyblu
August 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
We could have a contest.....who really overpacked:eek::rolleyes:

See ya soon!! Safe travels

SharonoftheSeas
August 11th, 2012, 11:48 PM
Good to see everyone again tonight and to meet Judy and Roy! Looking forward to the 23rd!!

Kat, my email is skyluke@cfl.rr.com if you want to get in touch with me about looking at the "hood".

Have fun the next few days!:)

Parrotheadtoo
August 12th, 2012, 08:03 AM
Ahoy Mateys

We spent the afternoon at the pool. There were lots of kids there also.
Dinner was at the Bar & Grill. It was pizza night for the group, but the pies came out slowly due to the small oven. A few of us had salads which were very good. Donna was the only server last night, so it was a little slow.

Barry played guitar, and David serenaded us with Elvis tunes.

Everyone is up and getting ready for breakfast. It's blue skies with some clouds so far this morning.
Planning another pool day.

Miss all that could not make it.

D&B

dachshunddoglover
August 12th, 2012, 06:18 PM
I am so sad that I could not make it. I really wish I had called in sick and headed down to the Parc. Work this month is awful.

Have a fantastic time, drink lots of grog and don't get sunburned.

Figure out what nights to do Chops and Portifino's and count me and Tony in. Can't wait to try the new menu's in the dining room.

I miss you all so much! looking forward to seeing everybody and hopefully you will be seeing less of me if you know what I mean (after the surgery :D). For once in my life, I am looking forward to getting a new bathing suit and finally being able to fit into a Victoria's Secret bra.

Seen any Blarney Stones this visit?

Love to all - Miss you!

E-Beth

Parrotheadtoo
August 13th, 2012, 08:52 PM
We had a wonderful time visiting with cruising friends.
Sadly have to say that its over for now.
Back to home on Tuesday to get ready for our next adventure.

Had fun!

D&B

Parrotheadtoo
August 13th, 2012, 08:56 PM
I am so sad that I could not make it. I really wish I had called in sick and headed down to the Parc. Work this month is awful.

Have a fantastic time, drink lots of grog and don't get sunburned.

Figure out what nights to do Chops and Portifino's and count me and Tony in. Can't wait to try the new menu's in the dining room.

I miss you all so much! looking forward to seeing everybody and hopefully you will be seeing less of me if you know what I mean (after the surgery :D). For once in my life, I am looking forward to getting a new bathing suit and finally being able to fit into a Victoria's Secret bra.

Seen any Blarney Stones this visit?

Love to all - Miss you!

E-Beth
Ahoy E-Beth
We will be thinking of you in these upcoming weeks.
We wish you a speedy recovery.

A new bathing suit is a nice incentive!

No Blarney stones this meet.

D&B

judyblu
August 14th, 2012, 01:18 PM
We are back home after a wonderful mini-meet.
Now I can put a face with the name; Sharon it was great meeting you and Gary.
It has been a very long time since I had seen Karen and was very sorry that she could not be with us on Sunday. We met Steve and he seems like great Pirate material.;):D
We will be looking forward to our next adventure on the Freedom, next month.

Parrotheadtoo
August 15th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Ahoy Mateys...

Yep, Steve is pirate material who will be sailing on the Freedom for those who have not met him yet.

All in all, we had a low key relaxing few days at the pool. We spent Monday night eating a light dinner at the Bar & Grill. We then went back to the room to listen to Barry's new song that he composed.

We wish to thank those who have contributed to the the new music room... It was quite a surprise, and we can hardly wait to find a new home for the items!

Hopefully we will find out why the Freedom spent some extra time the first night of the cruise along the Cocoa Beach coast..

roger1955
August 16th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Had a great time at the Mini-meet. The pirates that didn't make it were missed.

Kat & Rog