PDA

View Full Version : Next to be cut - Luggage Tags???

newsier
August 7th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Uh-oh...........

From what I am reading, has RCCL stopped leting you order luggage tags from them 45 days out?

Seems to be a lot of chatter you can no longer order the coveted name tags.

They went "paperless" you went into the printing business.

What have you heard?

g

Jaxxgent
August 8th, 2012, 05:05 AM
Uh-oh...........

From what I am reading, has RCCL stopped leting you order luggage tags from them 45 days out?

Seems to be a lot of chatter you can no longer order the coveted name tags.

They went "paperless" you went into the printing business.

What have you heard?

g

It is true, no more luggage tags mailed out, except for Pinnacle members of C&A, or guests in grand suites or higher - I'm told they will still be able to order luggage tags. I'm disappointed, but I'm not surprised.

When we did Carnival they have the paper tags that you print out, I covered ours in clear packing tape to keep them from getting ripped up and they worked just fine. Not pretty, perhaps even tacky looking, but at least functional! LOL

But, while that worked for us we didn't fly then, so we were able to tape/staple our tags on the bags here at home. For those that fly, are you supposed to carry a roll of tape and/or a stapler with you so you can affix them to your bags when you pick them up at baggage claim? I haven't had time to research it yet, but I keep reading about the clear plastic things you can buy to put them in and attach to the bags, I need to look into that - once I do I'll let ya'll know what I find!

TerrY