PDA

View Full Version : Any extra perks in balcony cabins?

ccee
March 1st, 2013, 01:36 PM
Hi All
I wonder if any of you guys can help? I have managed to secure a balcony on the forthcoming Jade cruise on March 6th. I have only travelled in inside cabins before. I am very excited at the prospect of a balcony and am just wondering if there are any extra perks in a balcony as opposed to an inside cabin. Also, what toiletries do you get and do you get face flannels - sorry I forgot since my last NCL cruise.
Appreciate all replies.
Many thanks!
Carol

CdnCruiseFan
March 1st, 2013, 01:37 PM
Hi All
I wonder if any of you guys can help? I have managed to secure a balcony on the forthcoming Jade cruise on March 6th. I have only travelled in inside cabins before. I am very excited at the prospect of a balcony and am just wondering if there are any extra perks in a balcony as opposed to an inside cabin. Also, what toiletries do you get and do you get face flannels - sorry I forgot since my last NCL cruise.
Appreciate all replies.
Many thanks!
Carol

Hello, no extra perks having a balcony but you wont regret it. You'll love being out on your private balcony watching the sun set and just taking in the view.

sdmike
March 1st, 2013, 01:40 PM
on some ships a balcony may have bathrobes or coffee makers when the insides might not, but I"m not sure about the Jade

ccee
March 1st, 2013, 01:46 PM
Thanks guys for the replies!

Waterloomarc
March 1st, 2013, 02:10 PM
Excuse my ignorance but what is a face flannel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

time2cruise1
March 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM

Face cloths on this side of the pond and yes the balcony cabins has them.

bbdmac
March 1st, 2013, 02:15 PM
Sounds like a face cloth or wash cloth.

dijid
March 1st, 2013, 02:16 PM

Washcloth. And yes, they will have them. They equip the rooms to American standards as far as bedding and towels go, even on Med cruises.

And for those reading who are wondering - European standard is not to have a flat sheet or to provide washcloths. You get a duvet + cover + fitted sheet. Washcloths are considered a personal item akin to a toothbrush and rarely provided.

Sauer-kraut
March 1st, 2013, 02:18 PM
Of course there are extra Perks!! :D

Great view of the ocean.... slightly bigger cabin... Fresh Air.....Sunlight.... and no need to go up on deck to see the sun and the ocean...:p

The face flannels are sometimes artistically done up in the bathroom drinking glasses....

ccee
March 1st, 2013, 02:26 PM
Yes you are all right as to definition of a face flannel - my fault for not Americanising the term for my friends across the pond. We Europeans like face cloths and some of our cruise lines do provide them. Just needed to check! Like the answer pointing out the perks of a balcony such as a sea view!!!
thanks again
Carol

SteveH2508
March 1st, 2013, 02:31 PM
Coffee maker and bathrobes are provided in balcony cabins on the Jade. I am guessing you are a Brit - be aware that there is no kettle for tea.

Rusty Aligator
March 1st, 2013, 03:36 PM
No kettles, nor are they allowed to be taken aboard. Shampoo/conditioner, (mixed) body soap in shower, kleenex, and hair dryer. You can request hairnets. There may be a robe. Needless to say, almost everything is supplied. Enjoy! R.A.

Waterloomarc
March 1st, 2013, 03:38 PM
Thanks. I figured from the context it was a wash cloth but didn't know they weren't standard issue elsewhere so that threw me.

Sounds like I need to vacation in Europe. I loathe flat sheets. Irrationally so actually :)

ccee
March 1st, 2013, 06:49 PM
Indeed I am a Brit....... but it is okay by me if I don,t get a kettle since I prefer coffee in the morning!!! Love a hot chocolate in the evening though!
Ta!
C;)arol

rbrugler
March 2nd, 2013, 12:29 AM
And if you are so inclined, or reclined, you can become a member of the "balcony club." Just not while the ship is in port.:D

lambchoplady
March 2nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Washcloth. And yes, they will have them. They equip the rooms to American standards as far as bedding and towels go, even on Med cruises.

And for those reading who are wondering - European standard is not to have a flat sheet or to provide washcloths. You get a duvet + cover + fitted sheet. Washcloths are considered a personal item akin to a toothbrush and rarely provided.

Thanks for this info!

SissasMomE
March 2nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
And if you are so inclined, or reclined, you can become a member of the "balcony club." Just not while the ship is in port.:D

Can't wait until she asks what that means .... LOL

Sauer-kraut
March 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Love a hot chocolate in the evening though!
Ta!
C;)arol

Hot chocolate packets are available 24 hours at the buffet near where the tea bags are kept. No problem getting your evening chocolate...no whipped cream though :(

ccee
March 2nd, 2013, 01:18 PM
Thanks re info on hot chocolate! And it is okay I know what the balcony club is!!! (Or at least I think I do!)

SteveH2508
March 2nd, 2013, 01:30 PM
Indeed I am a Brit....... but it is okay by me if I don,t get a kettle since I prefer coffee in the morning!!! Love a hot chocolate in the evening though!
Ta!
C;)arol

Coffee in the morning - agreed.
After dinner coffee = espresso martini
Chocolate night cap = chocolate martini

(spot the trend here ;))

Rounder
March 2nd, 2013, 02:20 PM

Wow, never thought, about at sea level. I have to ask, is it really better, than the Mile High Club ? :p
Vic

Sauer-kraut
March 2nd, 2013, 02:26 PM
Wow, never thought, about at sea level. I have to ask, is it really better, than the Mile High Club ? :p
Vic

Watch out for the ever present security cameras on board... Just sayin! :D

Waterloomarc
March 2nd, 2013, 03:19 PM
Watch out for the ever present security cameras on board... Just sayin! :D

Bah. Long days at sea even the security folks deserve a show of their own ;)

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

KrystalWaters
March 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Now this is funny! I actually asked my CVS about the cameras, since I will be celebrating our 10yr anniversary. He specifically said that the cameras are facing out or away from the balconies. He stated that they are not allowed to face in towards the balcony due to privacy laws/issues. The cameras are for safety measures. I don't know if he just saying that in hopes hubby and I give security personnel a show. Lol:p:eek:

Here's hoping I don't end up on You-Tube:eek::D

Mysticks1
March 2nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
In the balcony cabins when getting up later when the ship is already docking or docked be sure to peek out to see what is around you before going out on the balcony.

Early in the morning when docking in St Martin I had an interesting view. We had an aft facing balcony and we were docking aft to aft with one of the large Princess ships (Grand Princess?) that had already docked. It was only 30 or so yards apart it seemed. I was sitting on the balcony watching the ship dock when a man across the way on the Princess Ship walked out on his balcony without looking, lets just say that he obviously slept in his birthday suit. :eek: He made a hasty retreat back into his cabin when he looked up and saw the aft end of Mariner of the Seas looking at him. :D

lyndamr
March 2nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
hahahaha too funny poor guy

Sauer-kraut
March 2nd, 2013, 09:05 PM
[B][COLOR=navy]Early in the morning when docking in St Martin I had an interesting view. We had an aft facing balcony and we were docking aft to aft with one of the large Princess ships (Grand Princess?) that had already docked. It was only 30 or so yards apart it seemed. I was sitting on the balcony watching the ship dock when a man across the way on the Princess Ship walked out on his balcony without looking, lets just say that he obviously slept in his birthday suit. :eek: He made a hasty retreat back into his cabin when he looked up and saw the aft end of Mariner of the Seas looking at him. :D

Well ... that's kind of a perk too! :D

lambchoplady
March 2nd, 2013, 09:31 PM
In the balcony cabins when getting up later when the ship is already docking or docked be sure to peek out to see what is around you before going out on the balcony.

Early in the morning when docking in St Martin I had an interesting view. We had an aft facing balcony and we were docking aft to aft with one of the large Princess ships (Grand Princess?) that had already docked. It was only 30 or so yards apart it seemed. I was sitting on the balcony watching the ship dock when a man across the way on the Princess Ship walked out on his balcony without looking, lets just say that he obviously slept in his birthday suit. :eek: He made a hasty retreat back into his cabin when he looked up and saw the aft end of Mariner of the Seas looking at him. :D

That would be my husband!

rbrugler
March 2nd, 2013, 09:55 PM
Maybe the ship had never left the NY harbor. Love those city views!!!

SissasMomE
March 2nd, 2013, 10:22 PM

LOL! Did you wave?!! :D

lyndamr
March 2nd, 2013, 10:36 PM
No he/she whistled lol heheheh

RaspVod
March 3rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
lmao...that reminded me of 'friends'....'ugly naked guy....ugly naked guy!!!' :p

Mysticks1
March 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
LOL! Did you wave?!! :D

I have to admit I got a good laugh out of it. :D He walked out onto the balcony stretching before he looked forward then he :eek: before he ran back inside. I really don't think he ever saw me. There could have been others out on the balconies above me though. I never have my camera out when I need it. LOL

Linda the Book Lover
March 3rd, 2013, 08:49 PM
There is nothing like the boards to enjoy a good laugh!!

gelo7
March 4th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hello, no extra perks having a balcony but you wont regret it. You'll love being out on your private balcony watching the sun set and just taking in the view.
I concur.