Bloody Mary's dinner tender?

ALB0711

I've read on the forum that in the past PG had a tender that went to Bloody Mary's on the overnight in Bora Bora. Anybody have any recent experience with it? Looks like it may or may have not existed in 2011.

I know the place is known as a tourist trap, but when my parents were going to FP in the 80's they actually had dinner, drinks and were entertained by Jimmy Buffet. Somehow they knew the owner of Bloody Marys (dad made friends everywhere) and were on Bora Bora at the right time and got an invite. While I don't expect to run into Jimmy - I've got to go there once.

Bloody Mary's is a tourist trap but one that is worth going to. It's fun, the food not bad and a great place for pictures. If the ship does not send a tender directly to Bloody Marry's they will have a shuttle from the marina to take you there and back, I think it was $5 bucks last time.

If you want the best dinner place I'll give that to you :)

HEY don't tell everyone about La Villa Mahana!!!!!!!!

Best meal of my life - going back in September. I wrote a great review on tripadvisor last year. I repeat - the best meal of my 55 year overweight life.

Only a few tables - Make your reservation 9 months in advance at least!

Bloody Mary - go once and be underwhelmed. Nuff said. SHHHHHHHH

I've read on the forum that in the past PG had a tender that went to Bloody Mary's on the overnight in Bora Bora. Anybody have any recent experience with it? Looks like it may or may have not existed in 2011.

I know the place is known as a tourist trap, but when my parents were going to FP in the 80's they actually had dinner, drinks and were entertained by Jimmy Buffet. Somehow they knew the owner of Bloody Marys (dad made friends everywhere) and were on Bora Bora at the right time and got an invite. While I don't expect to run into Jimmy - I've got to go there once.

I have just missed Jimmy Buffett a couple of times at Bloody Mary's, and we are Parrot Heads from WAY back.

I agree with the consensus, it is a fun place to visit once. I HAVE seen tenders from the ship in some years (they have a nice pier), but usually you need to catch a shuttle at the main dock for the short trip.

One year, had a pearl farm shuttle bus drop us off at Bloody Mary's for lunch (after we heard their pearl pitch) and we walked the rest of the way back to the marina, but it is a LONG way (almost 8 miles) by road. Not something to do in beach sandals.

On our Oct Cruise 2 couples of our pals took the tender back to the pier and then cabbed to BMs for dinner. Everyone said th atmosphere was romantic and the food was excellent if you are a fish eater! The last ended was at 10, so plenty of time. We met back up with friends after dinner, they recommend it!

On our Oct Cruise 2 couples of our pals took the tender back to the pier and then cabbed to BMs for dinner. Everyone said th atmosphere was romantic and the food was excellent if you are a fish eater! The last ended was at 10, so plenty of time. We met back up with friends after dinner, they recommend it!

Are you saying the last tender back to the ship was at 10? When on an island - eat fish!

Archived