PDA

View Full Version : can celebrity change your cabin without notifying you?

atlantic cruiser
May 23rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Hi am booked on the Reflection in Oct. cabin 7131, It was booked as an assigned cabin through a group booking good rate that I can live with if fares tumble after final payment. My question is that this cabin can accommodate 4 people and we are only 2 travelling in it. If celebrity should need a cabin for 4 can then reassign us without contact first. I really don't want to move as it appears unobstructed although very forward. I know with princess you can request a no upgrade on your booking unless it is to a suite etc. Can you do this with Celebrity. Thanks for any infol

cruisestitch
May 23rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Celebrity has been known to change cabins without notifying the passenger. You can put a notification on your record "no upgrade". Contact your travel agent or Celebrity if you booked through them.

RickT
May 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Very interesting. We too have a 4 person cabin booked. I'd be OK moving to different cabin but would like to be asked and have a say in the cabin that we move to.

I can see this happening with a guarantee assignment but not for one that you picked and paid for.

grandgeezer
May 23rd, 2013, 12:56 PM
In most cases, a cabin for four is no bigger than a cabin for two. They have beds that open and hang down from the ceiling so you can sleep four.

Starry Eyes
May 23rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
In most cases, a cabin for four is no bigger than a cabin for two. They have beds that open and hang down from the ceiling so you can sleep four.

In this case I do not think it is about cabin size. The OP seems to have picked the cabin for the unobstructed view, not the size.

I believe the the question is : What happens in the future if party of three or four wants a cabin in that category but only the cabins left have only two berths. Might Celebrity move the OP to a cabin rated for two to provide a suitable cabin for the larger party?

I do not know the answer for certain. I suspect the cruise contract would allow them to do so:(, yet I doubt the cruiseline will actually do it (unless the new cabin is an upgrade:)).

atlantic cruiser
May 23rd, 2013, 02:10 PM
Starry eyes who have it correctly. It is the unobstructed view that I am concerned about. I will contact my TA and ask that no upgrade be put on my booking even though I picked this cabin and it is not a guarantee I don't want any surprises- like lifeboats at eye level.!!! Thanks, This has nothing to do with room size. I know they are the same.

smellywax
May 23rd, 2013, 02:24 PM
We were moved from our cabin on the Reflection without notification when they had the issue of the aqua cabins not being fitted correctly. I would have liked them to have notified me as I would have kept the cabin even though it was concierge as I liked the location.

Terpnut
May 23rd, 2013, 02:28 PM
If you should be moved and to an inferior location, you would at least have solid grounds to call your TA or Celebrity to request relocation to a better location.