Boston Trolley Tours Question

Bristol5

We will be in Boston for one day from 8:00 - 5:00 in early September. We are thinking about buying tickets for one of the Hop On Hop Off trolleys. I have found 2 of them - Old Town Trolley (has 20) stops and City View Trolley Tours (9 stops). I would like to know what the difference might be, which would be recommended? Also, is it best to ride the entire line and then go back to points of interest or get off and on as you go? I am concerned about having enough time. I have also considered just walking the Freedom Trail...:confused:

There are several hop-on-hop-off bus companies (at least 4). The differences seem to be: 1. the number of stops, 2. the age of the trolley/bus, and 3. the cost.

In each case, you have to hope to luck into a fun driver. They make all the difference on whether you liked the ride or loved the ride.

You also have to luck into good weather. If all the plastic walls with windows are encompassing the bus due to rain or cold, don't bother. You can't see anything.

If you have the time, I do suggest riding the entire route and then get off where you want to. Otherwise hop on and off as often as you want. Old Town Trolley gives you a second day free. I don't know about the others. And it doesn't matter if you are only there one day.

A Week in Boston: http://www.lavasurfer.com/info/boston.html

Very detailed info on what to see and do in Boston. A very fun city!

Archived