PG Dress Code

Sophia4

The following is a quote from the PG website. While it doesn't mention shoes, the suggested attire does not seem to lend itself to flip-flops.

(Quote):

DRESS CODE FOR EVENINGS

Evenings on board are elegant, yet they are not formal. “Country Club Casual,” or resort wear, is appropriate for all evenings. For gentlemen, this means slacks and a button-down shirt, for example. No ties are required at any time, although gentlemen may wish to bring one blazer to wear on the evening of the Captain’s Welcome Reception. For ladies, pantsuits or informal cocktail attire are recommended. Please note that jeans, shorts and T-shirts are not appropriate for evening wear on board.

I usually wear shoes in the evening but I forgot to pack socks and I was not comfortable in the shoes without them. I wore the a sandals to dinner and the show and I did see others in sandals and some women in flip flops.

This was two weeks ago. Other than at the captains reception would say anything other than bare feet are fine.

It's just not a judgey crowd! One poor young fella on our cruise whose TA neglected to tell him pants were required for dinner showed up in his PJ bottoms until he could buy pants, and no one cared beyond having a good chuckle over it, wondering why a newlywed would need PJ bottoms! ;)

I recall seeing men in open toed type sporty sandals or loafers at dinner more often than dress shoes. But honestly, like most passengers, I didn't pay much attention to anyone else's dress except on Polynesian night, when it's fun to see the variety of Hawaiian style shirts, and ladies wearing their new pareos!:D

The PG code suggests men to wear button down shirts, but would nice collared golf shirts work ok also? We are probably going to buy the laundry package just to keep from having to pack 12 days worth of clothes. It would certainly help if I could cycle through 5 or 6 nice golf shirts for evening attire.

Mark

That is great news. I have a couple of Tommy Bahama shirts that are not "as loud" as my profile picture. I will leave that one at home :)

Thanks for the info.

Mark

Why leave it home? If you like the one in your photo, wear it! That would be perfectly acceptable!:D

Archived