Laundry disappointment

merryecho

Booked laundry package after hearing good reports here. Pg says you must do this by phone at least 24 hours before leaving for your cruise. Agent who signed me up just said it was the unlimited laundry package.

Joined daughter inboard, who had been traveling with no chance to wash clothes. She sent out quite a lot, including several silk blouses

Very shocked to get a large bill. Despite the fact that we filled out the "laundry" tag when we sent the clothes in, we were told , after the fact, that pressing and dry cleaning are not included. So paid $100 for laundry package we didn't use, and another hundred for other cleaning.

As pg seems to be quite generous in most respects I was surprised at this. Please pg, on future make it clear when this package is sold.

I loved the laundry package. Did not send any silks, but everything else, linens, etc was a dream come true. I hate to iron and they did a great job.

I agree; it was really worth it. I'll do again next year also.

Booked laundry package after hearing good reports here. Pg says you must do this by phone at least 24 hours before leaving for your cruise. Agent who signed me up just said it was the unlimited laundry package.

Joined daughter inboard, who had been traveling with no chance to wash clothes. She sent out quite a lot, including several silk blouses

Very shocked to get a large bill. Despite the fact that we filled out the "laundry" tag when we sent the clothes in, we were told , after the fact, that pressing and dry cleaning are not included. So paid $100 for laundry package we didn't use, and another hundred for other cleaning.

As pg seems to be quite generous in most respects I was surprised at this. Please pg, on future make it clear when this package is sold.

Ia Orana Merryecho,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the pre-reserve laundry package. We apologize that it wasn’t clear that the package included only laundry items. We have added a line on our website that dry cleaning and express services are not included. We hope that this provides additional clarification.

Kind Regards,

Paul Gauguin Cruises

We wanted to clarify what is included in the pre-reserve laundry package that is offered on the m/s Paul Gauguin. In the package, items are laundered, then pressed, and returned back to guests. Dry cleaning and express services are not included. For more information and rates, visit: http://www.pgcruises.com/pre-reserve-packages.

Archived