Summer Sailings?

cw2go

I am hoping one of you will have a little secret as to who sails New England in summer months?

Weather is so iffy in Sept/Oct and we would like the do some excursions that will be far more enjoyable in a warmer/dryer climate.

Fall foliage is such a gamble so not our priority. I have looked over the mass market lines and have not found any summer sailings. Looking for June-Aug

Thanks in advance,

Patty

go to Find a Cruise on the CC site, here's how I filled it out the selection boxes:

NEcruise.jpg

I got 6 hits. I'm sure there are more; try Google.

SBtS

Oh thank you I feel so silly for not thinking of this. BTW love all your input here on CC!

Patty

...we would like the do some excursions that will be far more enjoyable in a warmer/dryer climate.

Summer in New England is warmer, but not necessarily drier if you are referring to humidity. We have many days of high humidity during the summer. Even today in mid-September, we have a heat advisory due to 90+ degree temps and high humidity. We get the heat/humidity from the midwest and from Florida.

If you are referring to rainfall, Boston averages 3.4 inches in each of the following months: July, August, and September.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/USMA0046

Bar Harbor, Maine has the same average rainfall as Boston for July and August, but averages 4.5 inches in September. October rainfall trends higher for both Boston and Bar Harbor.

Summer in New England is warmer, but not necessarily drier if you are referring to humidity. We have many days of high humidity during the summer. Even today in mid-September, we have a heat advisory due to 90+ degree temps and high humidity. We get the heat/humidity from the midwest and from Florida.

If you are referring to rainfall, Boston averages 3.4 inches in each of the following months: July, August, and September.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/vacationplanner/vacationclimatology/monthly/USMA0046

Bar Harbor, Maine has the same average rainfall as Boston for July and August, but averages 4.5 inches in September. October rainfall trends higher for both Boston and Bar Harbor.

Great minds think alike, I just did the exact same research. I prefer Princess's itinerary so we will plan for the earlier sailings.

Thanks,

Patty

• 1 month later...

Southern Calif girl here really interested in this cruise. Looking for info on typical May weather. Looking at the 15-day cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal with wonderful ports I've never been to in between. Thanks for any help/info. Laurie

Southern Calif girl here really interested in this cruise. Looking for info on typical May weather. Looking at the 15-day cruise from Ft Lauderdale to Montreal with wonderful ports I've never been to in between. Thanks for any help/info. Laurie

Can't comment too much on the May weather, but the itinerary is great. We did one similar in 2009 on the Eurodam but southbound Quebec to Florida. It is high on my 'to do again' list!!

Archived