PDA

View Full Version : Is this the same ship? Anyone know?

movinout
June 21st, 2005, 08:54 AM
I've been looking at various sites and am now wondering if this cruise line is operating a ship that was used in the late 80's out of LA Longbeach harbour sailing 3 and 4 nights to Ensenada, Catalina Island? The ship was the AZURE SEAS and it was a great cruise, our first (which may have had something to do with it) but I recall the food being excellent and such a nice, though small, ship.

Can anyone help me figure this out?

Lisa63
June 21st, 2005, 09:46 AM
Different ship, but there's still a connection. Azure Seas, which was originally built as Southern Cross, eventually became OceanBreeze, which sailed for Dolphin, Premier, and finally Imperial Majesty. Imperial Majesty replaced OceanBreeze with Regal Empress a couple of years ago. (Regal Empress was originally the Greek Line's Olympia.)

Sadly, Azure Seas/OceanBreeze is no more. She was scrapped about a year-and-a-half ago. I loved this ship -- we were onboard in the mid 1990s and had a wonderful time. The food was also magnificent then. She was truly a classic.

Here's a wonderful history of the ship, from Maritime Matters:
OceanBreeze - from Maritime Matters (http://www.maritimematters.com/oceanbreeze1.html)