diving cook islands and society islands

mk960072

Looking for any information you may have about diving these locals while I am aboard the Paul Gauguin Cruise in January. Some dives are very pricey on the cruise line and I cannot decipher where the dive typically occurs so that I can conduct research on that site. Any info you have on good dive sites, ones to stay away from, operators that you would recommend so we can book outside of the cruise line, etc are appreciated.

Amy

Conditions can change quickly in the Cooks. You might plan on one area and it gets changed. There is no dock to tie off to so the ship anchors off Rarotonga and actually drifts while tendering on Aitutaki. Same thing here, often changes depends on weather, currents etc.

I will say this about the diver maters on the PG, very good, very safe, great equipment, well maintained, can't say enough about the team on board.

Local boats will most likely depart from Avarua, the only other easy access from lagoon to open water is at Ngatan Harbour if one what's to call it that, located just north of Muri Beach.

On Aitutaki the local carriers will depart from Arutanga which is where the tender drops off at.

Edited by Tikiintahiti