IC Ambassadors Club

cforge

Hi

Getting ready to make the deposit on a 10 night for next July. We will do a 2 night pre-cruise stay at the IC Papeete. Just wondering if its worth it to join the IC Ambassadors Club. Is the guaranteed upgrade worth the $200 to join? I know I have a little time to decide as I don't think the prices are even listed yet for that time next year. Thanks in advance.

We did get upgrades on our rooms at the IC Tahiti, although I think the upgraded rooms were the worst in each category--our OWB had a view of Tahiti and the highway, not Moorea. Our first room was also not in a particularly good location and not ocean view but partial ocean view.

We also used it at another IC property in the US, and didn't get an upgrade. I had words with the hotel who tried to tell me it was "as available" rather than guaranteed. I called corporate who told me I was correct, they gave me some extra points (which would pay for 1/4 night in a Holiday Inn Express :rolleyes: ), but what they should have given me is the $$ between the cost of the room I got and the upgrade I should have gotten in cash I later found out.

Corporate also checked and saw my upgrades weren't applied in Tahiti. They contacted the IC Tahiti who assured that they would take special care of me. That didn't happen, and I'm still fighting to get the points for one night of the stay credited.

To make matters worse, anyone who had booked a motu bungalow had automatically been upgraded to the OWB at no cost, and they all got great views. So I in effect paid for my upgrade and got a crappy location while the free upgrades got great locations.

At any rate, I think the whole thing is rather a rip off, and won't be rejoining. I spend a lot of nights in hotels due to business travel (50-100 a year) and that could have been a great opportunity to earn my business, instead I will avoid IHG properties moving forward.

If I ever go back to FP, I will not be staying at an IC property. I'll take the ferry to Moorea and head to the Hilton where status actually matters.

Edited by ducklite

My experience with the Ambassador program has been generally positive and I've chosen IHG properties since the trip due to the extra perks it's given me.

I knew what my upgrade was at the IC Moorea before I arrived. Beach to OWB.

My upgrade at the IC Tahiti was from a garden view to an ocean view. (My issues with that property was that the AC didn't work)

Stayed at the Palazzo in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and was upgraded to a great strip view room from the base off-strip view I'd reserved.

I've stayed in three or four Crowne Plaza'a since then and gotten room upgrades, though it's not guaranteed there. I'll be staying in the Willard in DC in a couple of weeks. We'll see what t gets me then.

Always got fresh fruit and water, free wifi, late checkout, what felt like extra attention in general. Combined with the IHG card and I already have enough points and perks for nearly a week of free stays in less than 6 months.

For me, the cost was worth it and I haven't even used the free weekend room, yet

We too have been fortunate to get some upgrades and water/fruit etc.

Twin of course should weigh in here as he is a loyal Ambassadors club member.

We tend to hedge our bets between various hotel chains and of course get some advantages with the AMEX Plat card. That gave us the upgraded rooms in varous Sofitel properties including Moorea as well as the other good stuff!

Normally with these programs there is a caveat that says 'if possible' . Usually when its not possible they offer some other service, drinks at the bar or a gift basket.

Hi

Getting ready to make the deposit on a 10 night for next July. We will do a 2 night pre-cruise stay at the IC Papeete. Just wondering if its worth it to join the IC Ambassadors Club. Is the guaranteed upgrade worth the $200 to join? I know I have a little time to decide as I don't think the prices are even listed yet for that time next year. Thanks in advance.

I'm not an Ambassador Club member, however, I will simply say the IC Tahiti is the Grand Dame of Hotels on Tahiti. She might not be the newest but never less she is the most loved property on Tahiti and has a very loyal fan base.

Best professional floor show on the islands, they do it a few times a week so check.

Then you got the 'hunky' men taking your bags to your room, it's a fine show for the ladies ......

Ok I have to weigh in here for sure. The IHG ambassador program is simply the best of them all.

As an ambassador - I also have the IHG credit card which gives me automatic platinum elite and a free night anywhere anytime once a year -

I always get upgraded, get late check out, free wifi, etc etc. I also get a certificate for a weekend night stay free when staying 2 nights.

At the IC Tahiti usually that means booking the cheapest room and getting a Panoramic view room with a great view. Also have been upgraded to the King Suite once. In dollar terms it adds up to quite a bit of money. On Moorea I saved around $350, Italy $500, Paris $400 well you get the idea. Late checkout in Tahiti when you have an 11pm flight is like getting am extra day. While there was a

devaluation in their program last year it is still a good one. Getting my wife a new credit card a couple of years ago got us 2 free nights in Rome and I had points for the other 3 nights. That's a $2500 stay for ZERO and we got a great room upgrade. Yes I am rambling but the final thing I will say is that - getting back to the credit card - last year while on my PG cruise I used my free night on our overnight in Bora Bora at the IC

Thalasso and Spa. It is a $950 a night for the non OWB - we were still upgraded to a room that runs $1100 a night - and yes folks it was FREE.

My point here is that yes the Ambassador program is worth every dollar spent but also get the $49 per year credit card. We have really saved thousands over the years and are extremely happy with the IC brand and in Tahiti we have been treated royally at all the IC properties.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the responses...making the deposit today on the 10 night for next July. I am definitely going to look into the Ambassadors Club and also the Chase card.

Edited by cforge

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if you can use the ambassador status if the room was booked through PG Cruises?

I also booked our post stay in Bora Bora at the IC Moana. I booked through Expedia and it cost 2700 vs the 5000 PG was charging. Again, I am wondering if I could use the ambassador or not. I am already booked in the OWB Horizon.

I don't want to spend the money on something that I wouldn't be able to use because of who I booked through.

Thanks for the help!

We booked the IC Thalasso through PG, and I had them add our Ambassador membership number to the reservation. I must have worked because we got an upgrade upon arrival.

Good to know!

Thanks for the help.