PDA

View Full Version : What is the best Cruise for a person in a Wheel Chair

skoolmom
October 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I'd like to take my mom on a cruise. She has limited mobility so we would need to use a wheel chair most of the time. She can walk short distances with a walker. She is diagnosed with terminal cancer so I would like to find something we could go on within the next 3 months. Don't need to take shore trips. Would like to stay on the east coast and use a port in the Philie, Baltimore, New York area as my mom hates to fly. Anything come to mind?
Any ideas appreciated!

DEL67
October 6th, 2005, 09:20 PM
If you can go this month and do not mind cool weather, how about a New England fall foilage cruise? Otherwise your choices from the Northeast in the next few months are pretty much restricted to the NY-Florida/Bahamas cruises.

Regardless of where you go, a newer ship is usually more accessible and better equipped than an older one. Also, try to get a handicap cabin as it will make things easier for you both.

wrp96
October 7th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Not sure about how mobile these ships are but here are some available sailings from the Northeast in the next couple of months.

NCL's Dawn is doing a 10-night Eastern Caribbean on Nov. 10th and Dec. 1st and an 11-night Western Caribbean on Oct. 30, Nov. 20, Dec. 11, and 22nd both out of New York.

NCL's Spirit is doing an 11-night Southern Caribbean on Nov. 27th and Dec. 18th out of New York, and a 10-night Southern Caribbean on Dec. 8th and 29th. It is also doing am 8-night Bermuda and Eastern Caribbean cruise out of New York on Nov. 19th.

Celebrity's Constellation is doing a 12-night Eastern Caribbean on Oct. 17th out of Bayonne, NJ.

RCI's Voyager of the Seas is doing 5-night Bermuda cruises out of Bayonne on Oct. 16, 30, and Nov. 30th. Voyager is also doing 9-night Western Caribbean cruises on Oct. 21st and Nov. 4.

RCI's Granduer of the Seas is doing 9-night western caribbean cruises out of Baltimore on Oct. 14, 28th, and Nov. 11th. Granduer is also doing 5-night Bermuda cruises out of Baltimore on Oct. 23 and Nov. 6th.

RCI's Jewel of the Seas is doing a 10-night Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Boston on Oct. 12th and 22nd.

Golden Princess is doing a 7-night Canada/New England cruise from New York on Oct. 15th.

Carnival Legend is doing a 2-night cruise to nowhere out of New York on OCt 20th.

skoolmom
October 7th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Carnival Legend is doing a 2-night cruise to nowhere out of New York on OCt 20th.__________________
Great Idea! We are looking into booking a room on this cruise.

Thanks so much!