PDA

View Full Version : Costa Drink Prices

sugarbabe61
October 29th, 2005, 10:37 AM
We are booked on Costa Fortuna on 25th March. We cannot decide whether to take the wine package however I am not a big drinker. Can anybody tell me roughly how much a glass of house wine would be??

Thanks in anticipation.

zeby
October 30th, 2005, 02:56 PM
We did the wine package and thought it was great value, you can have this at lunch as well if you like and the water comes in handy, if you don't drink the whole bottle in one evening they will recork it so you have it the next night. The champane we shared with the other couple at our table on the 1st gala night and we shared their's on the 2nd one. The prices per glass went from 3.50euro up depending of which you order and it is a full glass not the normal european 1dl as we get here. Beer went from 3 euro and they always had a daily cocktail at 4.50 euro normaly they where 6 and up. We did order 1 bottle of wine when we did the fine dinning and there prices started I think around 28euro up to ................as much as you like. I did think the prices of drinks where good and thought they would be dearer so I was happy impressed. We also had the girls and boys package and used it on juices, coffee and water when we where around the pool. Cheers Zeby

pujro
October 30th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I queried beer/spirit prices with Costa, reply as follows, though they didn't mention wine here:-
"As requested please find below prices for drink onboard. Prices are in euros and are subject to change,
Sprits & mixer 5.74
Cocktails 4.50
Beers (Budweiser, Corona, Beck's, Heineken) 3.50
Kind regards
Reservations Supervisor
Costa Cruises UK - London"

lmf27
October 31st, 2005, 09:03 AM
We felt the wine package was a great deal. You could always fill you glass and take it to the show if have early seating. Save it for the next night. By the end of our cruise we still had one bottle left, so we just asked for it and took it home. The 10 bottles of water also come in handy with this package..

sugarbabe61
October 31st, 2005, 05:51 PM
Thanks a million to you all, you have been so helpful. Think we will get the package.

From what you say drink prices seem very reasonable, however alot of the reviews I have read re Costa, some people complain about the drink prices. I assume though that the 15% tax will be added to those prices :mad:

The last 2 cruises we have done (with British companies) were both fully all inclusive although we paid 99 per person for it.. Bad idea, just makes you drink more to get your moneys worth!!!! :eek:

sugarbabe61
October 31st, 2005, 05:53 PM
Sorry another question. Is there any "free" tap water with meals??

Linda-B
November 1st, 2005, 08:38 AM
Yes You can get "free" tap water with meals and at the buffet.

atthebeachcc
November 3rd, 2005, 02:55 PM
What is the price of the wine package?

sugarbabe61
November 4th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Well I have been quoted different prices!! The Costa website quotes the "Classic" as 94.78 Euros and the "special" as 103.48 Euros, However I have been quoted cheaper by Costa direct which was around 60 for the "Classic" and 67 for the "special"

Also if you booking is a "Pronto" price you are entitled to 10% off the wine package.

jamie57
November 12th, 2006, 06:36 AM
We felt the wine package was a great deal. You could always fill you glass and take it to the show if have early seating. Save it for the next night. By the end of our cruise we still had one bottle left, so we just asked for it and took it home. The 10 bottles of water also come in handy with this package.. could you tell me how much the wine pack is please jamie57

almitra
November 12th, 2006, 01:51 PM
What is a "pronto" price? Just curious. Also, what is incluede in the wine package? Thanks again!

almitra
November 12th, 2006, 01:52 PM
What is a "pronto" price? Just curious. Also, what is included in the wine package? Thanks again!

Shelledpea
November 12th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Well I have been quoted different prices!! The Costa website quotes the "Classic" as 94.78 Euros and the "special" as 103.48 Euros, However I have been quoted cheaper by Costa direct which was around 60 for the "Classic" and 67 for the "special"

Also if you booking is a "Pronto" price you are entitled to 10% off the wine package.

Website is quoted in Euros even on the .co.uk site so if you translate 99euros to pounds it is about 60 and the pronto price discount is 25%

Shelledpea
November 12th, 2006, 04:59 PM
WINE PACKAGE "SPECIAL SELECTION"
5 bottles of superior quality Italian wines of your choosing + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.
1 Pinot Grigio doc Collio "Fantinel"
1 Gavi di Gavi docg "Fontanafredda"
1 Cabernet Sauvignon Morago "Pasqua"
1 Chianti Classico docg "Rocca delle Macie"
1 Possesioni Rosso Serego Alighieri "Masi"
10 bottles of mineral water
1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"
€107.82

WINE PACKAGE "CLASSIC SELECTION"
5 bottles of the most famous Italian wines of your choosing + 1 bottle of sparkling wine + 10 bottles of mineral water for free and a discount of at least 10% on the purchase price of the wine.
1 Soave Classico doc "Pasqua"
1 Vernaccia San Giminiano doc "Rocca delle Macie"
1 Dolcetto d'Alba doc "Beni di Batasiolo"
1 Cabernet Sauvignon doc Borgo Tesis "Fantinel"
1 Rosso di Franciacorta doc "Ricci Cubastro"
10 bottles of mineral water
1 Prosecco di Valdobbiadene doc "Conti Bernardi"
€99.13

These are the only two packages that qualify for the pronto price discount.

BOYS & GIRLS CARD
20 alcohol free drinks form the following selection: Soft drinks, Virgin Delights, Fresh squeezed citrus fruits, Iced Tea, Milk shakes, Assorted Sirups.
€40.00

have fun
Shelley x x x

Morgsmom
November 12th, 2006, 05:31 PM
There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip :o

joetrizeo
November 12th, 2006, 08:37 PM
There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip :o

are you serious?
is this ONLY at dinner?

astralj
November 13th, 2006, 09:46 AM
There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip :oDo you happen to know the name of that package? They have many different names for various "packages".... Thanks.

biguntx
November 13th, 2006, 11:52 AM
This is a very well kept secret.

I called Costa re: our 2/11/07 cruise and they knew nothing of this option.

astralj
November 16th, 2006, 05:11 PM
There is also a very little known option that Costa has which allows for UNLIMITED beer(draft), wine by the glass (probably house), sodas & mineral waters at lunch & dinner on your trip (in the restaurants). It costs about $10 per day -- WELL worth it for a beer with lunch & a couple of glasses of wine and some water with dinner. You (or your TA) have to call Costa directly to get this package. I plan to make good use of it on my Dec 19th trip :oYou really need to try and recall exactly what you asked for.....a little more specific than saying "ask for it". The Specialty Options need a name or package number......

jones721
November 19th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I booked it for our cruise on 17 December and just asked Costa for the drinks package that allowed unlimited drinks with luch and dinner in the dining room. It is either 10 euros, $10 or just under 7 per day. You have to pay for the whole duration of the cruise and not all members of your party need to take it. Costa took my credit card details and took the payment there and then. It is not advertised but the girl told me that it is in their handbook.

Here is my e-mail reply from Costa when I enquired about it . . .

"Please find below details of our drinks package.

Beverage Package during Lunch and Dinner
White and Red wines or draft beer,soft drinks, mineral water, all
served
by the glass.
47.49 per person for the full duration of the cruise."

Just ask for the unlimited $10 Beverage Package during Lunch and Dinner and you should get it that way (not all the staff know about it).

Hope this helps.

Tracey

astralj
November 19th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Thanks very much Tracey for the explanation. Was there a choice of wines?

graemerigg
November 20th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Tracey
Appreciate greatly if you could tell me, was the 47 for a 7 night cruise? Did they have a choice of beers and wines? Also I assume this was just in the main dining room not the buffet.

Thanks very much for all your info
Regards
Graeme

Morgsmom
November 21st, 2006, 01:11 PM
Hi -- to the poster who indicated that I (emphasis added) needed to be more specific, allow me to say that even Costa is somewhat confused about this offer. As far as I can tell it is going to be a gamble onboard to see what happens. There was no specific offer associated with this and even my TA said that it did not exist; only Costa could confirm it.

astralj
November 21st, 2006, 02:16 PM
I just bought the drink package for us. Decided to pre-pay so there won't be an issue once we are onboard. A very good value for those who have a few glasses of wine daily, especially like the mineral water too. ciao!

biguntx
November 21st, 2006, 03:06 PM
First JONES 721 Thanks so much for the tip. :) This is such a great deal!

I just booked this "package" and had David at Costa fax me the details.:D

The package name is "Individual Beverage Package (by the glass)"

The Code is as follows:

TTG CODE > X1

The price is

USD $11.40 PER/DAY S.C. INCLUDED
EUROS 9.90 PER/DAY S.C. INCLUDED

IT MUST BE PAID ONLY BEFORE THE CRUISE AND ONLY TO INDIVIDUAL GUESTS

THE X1 CODE WILL BE PRINTED ON THE PASSENGER'S COSTA BADGE

IT INCLUDES: WHITE AND RED WINES OR DRAFT BEER, SOFT DRINKS, MINERAL WATER ALL SERVED BY THE GLASS IN THE DINNING ROOM OR SELF-SERVICE RESTAURANTS DURING LUNCH AND DINNER ONLY

PAYING RESTAURANTS ARE NOT INCLUDED

Thanks again T Jones for you help. ;)

Having called several times before finding a Costa rep familiar with the program made this very frustrating.:eek:

Thanks again this will be our cruise even better. :cool:

jones721
November 22nd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Even better if it is also available in the self service restaurants as my husband is not keen on going to the restaurants for lunch. The Costa staff in the UK did state it was in all dining rooms except paying restaurants when I phoned and asked (and said, yes, the buffet) but I thought she was wrong. Can see how they can organise it in the buffet. People could just wander in and out getting drinks. Still . . .
Graeme, yes the 47 was for a 7 night cruise.
biguntx, the person to thank is Taf off the Xmas thread. She is English and lives in Austria and booked through the Austrian brochure. The drinks package is actually listed in their brochure. It was because of this that I e-mailed Costa and rang them up and managed to find the package.

Tracey

PS Might add this onto the other week now (going on the 17 to 23 December and then again 23 to 30 December but only bought for Xmas week up to now).

CruiseFanII
December 29th, 2006, 05:49 PM
When you return from your cruise, could you post how you liked the drink package? Was there any choice of wine and beer? Thanks !! Looking forward to hearing.

almitra
December 30th, 2006, 09:06 AM
Yes, I'm interested in knowing whether or not this turns out to be a real $$ saver in the long haul. Please DO post about it upon your return.

Bon Voyage!

fllady
December 30th, 2006, 12:07 PM
Also look forward to your post after cruise. Sounds like a good thing for us wine and beer drinkers:D

astralj
February 5th, 2007, 04:40 PM
Personal Opinion: Just returned from the Magica and bought the drink package for the week. Wine lovers would not be happy with the choice of wine they opened in the dining room(s) and poured by the glass. We never did get to see the bottle that was opened that night. Second night we asked if they had an alternative wine.... third night we opted to buy a bottle of Cabernet as the red-by-the-glass was not so good. Day 4 we spoke to guest relations staff who could not cancel the package. Day 5 the Dining room Asst Manager came by with 2 bottles for us, and a better quality indeed. Short take: If you like beer and soda, water etc, this is a good value. For the wine I would think about it.....

mafig
February 5th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Personal Opinion: Just returned from the Magica and bought the drink package for the week. Wine lovers would not be happy with the choice of wine they opened in the dining room(s) and poured by the glass. We never did get to see the bottle that was opened that night. Second night we asked if they had an alternative wine.... third night we opted to buy a bottle of Cabernet as the red-by-the-glass was not so good. Day 4 we spoke to guest relations staff who could not cancel the package. Day 5 the Dining room Asst Manager came by with 2 bottles for us, and a better quality indeed. Short take: If you like beer and soda, water etc, this is a good value. For the wine I would think about it.....

Thanks for getting back to us on this.:)

Did you find the servers familiar with this package? How did it work? Just showed your card and it was imprinted somewhere on it?

furkidsmom
February 5th, 2007, 07:01 PM
We called Costa prior to our trip and were told we could purchase the X1 package onboard - well no one knew about it on the ship. When they finally did figure out what we wanted, they said it had to be purchased PRIOR to boarding....even though Costa said it didn't :(

We bought house wine by the glass for $5.00/glass. Most of it was a good Chardonnay.

cruise_girl_too
February 6th, 2007, 09:31 AM
When in the Caribbean, is the price in Euros or Dollars for drinks purchased outside of a package?

astralj
February 6th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Suggestion. If you decide that the "drinks by the glass" package is for you, then pay for it ahead of time through the cruise line or if you booked through an agent, have them do it for you. When you check in at the pier, your Costa Card will have the designated "X1" printed on it along with your name and card number. First night in dining, just show the card to your waiter and hopefully they will remember. If not, remind them or the Asst M'aitreD and tell them if you prefer white or red wine.... or just tell them you want sparkling or bottled water. There is no Wine Steward on this ship and it may take a while to get what you ask for, as we found the dining room to be very slow indeed. We were disappointed that we had to wait so long to have glass of wine before dinner and then felt rushed to finish up on some evenings.... We never did see the bottle they poured the wine from, but as I mentioned earlier, we bought a bottle of red from their menu and prefered it to the package wine.