PDA

View Full Version : Miami hotel

tortoni
June 16th, 2004, 03:38 PM
We are going down to Miami a few days before our cruise in August. We're looking for a nice hotel with a great pool--preferably on the beach. Any ideas?

TF

RCCL Explorer 8/04
NCL Dawn 3/04
RCCL Sovereign 8/02
NCL Sky 3/01
RCCL Enchantment 9/00

dst
June 16th, 2004, 04:25 PM
I have stayed at the Marriot Byscane Bay for my last 5 cruises and I love it. It is not on the beach but it is close to everything. We do not rent a car and you can walk to restaurants and shopping. It has a nice pool, restaurant and a nice lobby bar. The Pier is not far at all and would only be a $5.00 taxi ride. Rates are better if you call the hotel directly.

Miami is a fun town, you'll enjoy it http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Days are always longer when at sea...

bplazo
June 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
We did priceline. It was fun bidding on a room to see what hotel you get. We are not to fussy since it was for only one night.

thereuare
June 16th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Priceline and/or Hotwire are the way to go n the area.

Downtown area is close to the port and inexpensive but not on the beach (need a car to get there)... South Beach is on the beach and pricey.

-thereuare
<font size="3">BetterBidding</font>
and
<font size="3">PortSchedules</font>

awatt
June 16th, 2004, 10:15 PM
Try the Roney Palace. We loved it n April and last Sept. Beautiful infinity pool overlooking the beach. Four star resort and IMHO th ebest value in South Beach.