PDA

View Full Version : Liquor and Wine in San Pedro or Long Beach

Joyfredsblondecruiser
December 28th, 2005, 10:28 AM
I would appreciate hearing from someone that knows if their is a convenient place to purchase wine near the Pier in San Pedro. I would also like to purchase water and soda. Thank you. Happy Sailing, Joy

Splinter
December 30th, 2005, 01:12 AM
There is no good place within easy walking distance of the cruise port. You can take a cab (either on your way to the port or after you arrive at the ship) over to N. Gaffey St. in San Pedro. There is a liquor store on the corner of N. Gaffey and West Channel (about a 1/2 mile from the port) Coolwater Fine Wine & Spirits, 1110 N Gaffey St., (310) 514-3520 and also a 7/11 store a little further north on N. Gaffey. There is also one on S. Gaffey: Gaffey Liquor and Deli, 1625 S Gaffey St., (310) 833-8211. The distance is about the same. You may want to check this on Google Maps.

SeattleJerry
January 4th, 2006, 05:10 AM
The thing to remember in California is that liquor is not state run so it is available all over even in small stores.

SeattleJerry

Joyfredsblondecruiser
January 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM
Thank you Splinter: You are always so helpful. I live in San Francisco but I am not as familiar with Southern California. Happy Sailing, Joy