PDA

View Full Version : More Dolphin Encounter Questions

Mom2Joce
December 30th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Ok, I did a search on Dolphins AND Dolphins + Kids and still have a few questions:

I have a 4 (2 months away from 5) when we are there and would LOVE to do the swim as opposed to the kids encounter. Is this possible or do they ask for kid id?

It looks like there are a few websites that DO let you book through them as opposed to through the cruise ships. Has ANYONE been able to do this? Or is there a point on the reservation that require to ask you if you are coming in via cruise ship? I want to do the "right" thing but I also want to get a good price! Any help would be appreciated!

melika091900
December 31st, 2005, 02:15 AM
unfortunately the cruiseline buys out all the tickets for that particular day that the ship is there.... :mad: its so much cheaper online to book, its only like 100 per person , on the ship its like 185
but ive hears its worth it....

check out my thread about PV dolphins,,, theres some info in there about it

good luck, happy cruising

ARRTrain
December 31st, 2005, 02:22 AM
Hi there,

My 4 year old went on the Dolphin Encounter in Puerto, one of the guys there put the kids on his back and let the dolphin run them around the pool. She had a blast. The kids actually get on the knee high water platform and dolphins come up to them. Princess told me they would not sell me a Swim with the Dolphins ticket, they do check the ages, I was told.

FlorenceItaly
December 31st, 2005, 10:07 AM
and the Dolphin Encounter is listed at $99pp, and the Dolphin Swim, for $178. From what I've read so far the consensus is the Swim is the way to go, but that is alot of money. Still pondering...considering the canopy with Los Vernos. I am trying to decide what my sister would enjoy best. I can already see another cruise is going to be in store, lol.

Marie

Mom2Joce
December 31st, 2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks I did read a good bit of the posts trying to get as much info before I asked repeating questions and can't thank everyone enough. How awesome to get so much helpful info BEFORE we get there or make our choices!!

Mom2Joce
December 31st, 2005, 01:20 PM
I know what you mean, it's too bad we can't get both adventure in that day! Hard to decide!

gottago2mexico
January 4th, 2006, 12:49 AM
Melissa...don't believe everything you're told by the cruise line or tour operator. :-)

The Swim is easier to book online outside the ship than the Encounter. It's so expensive on the ship that it doesn't sell as well.

melika091900
January 4th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I know i just called and we can book it online , not through NCL :)
its much cheaper
www.dolphin-adventures.com (http://www.dolphin-adventures.com)

im so happy :)

LuAnn
January 8th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Go to puertovallartatours.net and book on line...and go for the Trainer for a Day program...the best value for the best price...did it last week and loved it.....right Johann? LuAnn