PDA

View Full Version : Sail away song.

ndtpaul
March 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM
Would anybody happen to know the name of the song that is played on the Royal Clipper when they put the sails up?

biglagoon
March 27th, 2006, 05:17 PM
The music is Conquest of Paradise by Vangelis from the movie 1492.
I never get tired of listening as the ship is leaving a port.
You can find the CD at Amazon, even get a short listen to Conquest of Paradise.

ndtpaul
March 29th, 2006, 11:29 AM
Thank you very much for the information. We loved to listen as well. Thanks again.

sandbag7
April 3rd, 2006, 01:04 AM
Windstar plays the same song; Don't know who was first.

FLL_EWR
March 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Is the same song played on Star Clipper? Or does each ship have its own music? Thanks.

jandar0721
March 13th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Same song on all Star Clipper ships.

Windstar song depends on the ship, the day, etc.. but they also use the same song at times

Sassy Chassis
March 14th, 2009, 10:57 AM
I grabbed the Conquest of Paradise & the "opening" from iTunes and used them to make a DVD of the pictures from our trip. Hearing that music just transports you back....:)

SilverPal
March 20th, 2009, 02:46 PM
We purchased the CD right on the ship.

Taxguy77
April 5th, 2009, 09:53 PM
I grabbed the Conquest of Paradise & the "opening" from iTunes and used them to make a DVD of the pictures from our trip. Hearing that music just transports you back....:)

Great! You are more computer knowledgeable than I. Must be the area, my Grandkids went to Taylor Hi, but had a Houston address.:cool:
PS: Actually, 1 graduates this year, the other is at SMU.

leanrunnerboy
April 29th, 2009, 02:16 PM
I believe it was the late great Captain Uli who started the tradition of playing 'Conquest of Paradise' as the main sail was being raised. Had the pleasure of working with Capt. Uli back in the mid 90s when I briefly served as cruise director with Star Clippers - cool gig..!