PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to the Baltics in 2007?

jstducky
April 27th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I know its early, but all of the major cruise lines are already selling their cruises for the Baltics for 2007.

Perhaps if we all posted who was going, what ship and what sailing, we can find others on our same cruise (who may not use the roll calls).

jstducky
April 27th, 2006, 01:26 PM
I'm on HAL's Veendam sailing 10 days roundtrip out of Copenhagen on July 3, 2007

Shelby Cruiser
April 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM
We are booked on the Star Princess 10 night Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen on July 1, 2007

suron
April 28th, 2006, 09:01 AM
We are booked on the Star Princess 10 night Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen on July 1, 2007

We were on Star Princess last August for the Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen. You may be interested in the review I did of this which can be found at

www.cruise.critic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469 (http://www.cruise.critic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469)

Another review, which also has some great photos, has been written by sunprincess who was on the same sailing and was a member of our Roll Call.

Am sure you will thoroughly enjoy this trip but be warned it is a very hectic itinerary - you will probably need a holiday afterwards to recover.

Good Luck with your plans.
Suron in Bristol,England

ontheweb
May 4th, 2006, 02:52 PM
I know its early, but all of the major cruise lines are already selling their cruises for the Baltics for 2007.

Perhaps if we all posted who was going, what ship and what sailing, we can find others on our same cruise (who may not use the roll calls).

Good idea. I thought it was a little early to start a roll call.

We are on the Star Princess sailing out of Copenhagen on 8/10. On the cruise we will celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.

Our first cruise was actually with Royal Caribbean on our 25th anniversary on the Mediterranean. That was supposed to be our vacation for a lifetime, but I guess this one now will be.

We have since sailed on Royal Caribbean on a Western Caribbean route and are sailing to Bermuda this summer on Norwegian. This will be our first cruise on Princess and our first time in all the ports.

epanic1
May 4th, 2006, 05:08 PM
Family of 5 booked on the Star Princess July 21/07. Can't wait.
Suron, I couldn't open your review. Not sure why. Would love to read it though! Always looking for tips and port highlights.

luv2travell
May 5th, 2006, 01:24 AM
hello
im trying to decide if i should book royal caribbean or holland america for russia and Scandinavian. for next year..:confused:

marion

suron
May 5th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Family of 5 booked on the Star Princess July 21/07. Can't wait.
Suron, I couldn't open your review. Not sure why. Would love to read it though! Always looking for tips and port highlights.

Sorry you were unable to open my review. Have I think found the reason why - I inserted a dot (.) after www.cruise (http://www.cruise) which should not have been there. If you would like to try again the link should be

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?Entry (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?Entry) ID=12469

Did you also find the review written by sunprincess along with the superb photos?

Good Luck with the planning of what will be a trip of a lifetime.

We are off to the Rockies for a Land Tour followed by an Alaskan cruise on Dawn Princess in two weeks - the scenery will be somewhat different to the Baltics but we are very excited to be going on this trip.

Regards from Suron

suron
May 5th, 2006, 07:28 AM
Just to make sure I have got it right now - if anyone wants to read the review of our Star Princess cruise to the Baltics the link is

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469 (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469)

Hope you can pick up some tips for your trip from this.

Regards Suron

crzn4fun
May 15th, 2006, 06:28 PM
My family will be on RCI's Jewel of the Seas next June 30, 2007. I have 2 teen DD's who will each be taking a friend so we will be a party of 6. This will be our first visit to the Baltic area. I have been scouring this board for recommendations for independent tour companies. I can't believe how much wonderful information can be found here. This is a special group of people.

edste
May 23rd, 2006, 08:58 PM
Hi
We're also on the 8/10/07 sailing to the baltic. I started a roll call and hope to hear from some people on the same cruise. Edna

ontheweb
May 24th, 2006, 06:34 AM
Hi
We're also on the 8/10/07 sailing to the baltic. I started a roll call and hope to hear from some people on the same cruise. Edna

I'll go post in that roll call. I had considered starting one, but thought it was much too early.

We are also going on a Bermuda cruise this summer (on the Norwegian Crown). I had started a roll call for that cruise, and have had only one person reply. But, I did learn a lot from her as she has been to Bermuda several times.

bgomes
May 27th, 2006, 08:16 PM
We will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary aboard RCI's Jewel of the Seas on July 24, 2007.

English Jane
May 28th, 2006, 05:54 AM
We will be on RCCL's Jewel also leaving Harwich on 17th August.

Jane
x

chrismch
May 30th, 2006, 12:41 AM
We're booked on Celebrity Constellation for Aug 4, 2007. Booked this cruise because it also stops in Lithuania which is different from other cruise lines. No one has yet to post a roll call. Per this thread it looks like I'm the only poster so far for this cruise.:p

cruzr4vr
June 8th, 2006, 11:58 PM
We're doing the Constellation on 6/2/07

estebofarr
June 9th, 2006, 03:22 PM
We're booked on the Constellation June 30, 2007 Dover to Copenhagen.

jjtsfca
June 11th, 2006, 02:24 PM
Friends and I are planning on the Atlantis charter out of Copenhagen, concluding in Stockholm in mid July on the Constellation.

Lovincruisin1321
June 11th, 2006, 07:59 PM
We're considering Celebrity - Century on 8/9/07 with a pre cruise tour that starts in Paris!

gailoterson
June 12th, 2006, 11:31 AM
We booked the century for 8/2/07. I've never booked a cruise so far in advance. I would love to find someone else on this cruise.

Gail

dobeluv
June 15th, 2006, 04:47 PM
My mom and I are booked on the Star Princess Baltic cruise departing Copenhagen June 21, 2007. The information on these boards is wonderful and I am very grateful to all who have taken their time to post experiences and advice.

Kim

pjwalden
June 15th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Hi,
My best friend and I are booked on the Jewel of the Seas for the Baltics on May 25, 2007.
I started a thread under roll calls but, as yet, no one has posted on it.
I hope we are not sailing alone lol. :)
Pat

KiranK
June 15th, 2006, 08:38 PM
I am booked on Oceania in may 2007 Rome to Stockholm (15 days), it is my first cruise and I am so excited!!!!

eldercruser
June 15th, 2006, 09:23 PM
For those who booked 2007 Baltic cruise on HAL prior to the end of May:

Check the HAL website for the latest pricing info. We found that the discount had increased by 5% or so. We contacted our TA, who confirmed the new price with HAL, saving us several hundred dollars. I don't know if all Baltic cruises were similarly affected, but it is certainly worth checking.

jstducky
June 16th, 2006, 11:42 AM
thanks for the info! I'm going to call my TA!

jstducky
June 16th, 2006, 12:06 PM
great news! i just called my TA, it turns out that the cost of my cabin was reduced by over 13%.

thanks so much eldercruser!

glgolfer
June 16th, 2006, 02:55 PM
Not specifically to the Baltic, but the Jewel of the Seas, 18 June 2007, 12 night British Isles/Norwegian Fjords. Quite a few of us already on a roll call.

eldercruser
June 16th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Glad it worked out for you. 13% is a serious piece of change!

SF
June 17th, 2006, 12:20 AM
We're thinking of booking the Constellation for the 6-2-2007 sailing. Have really enjoyed reading the reviews and suggestions from those that have already done the Baltic.:)

cruzr4vr:

Looks like we're going to be fellow cruisemates as I noticed you're on the same cruise.

kinderteacher
July 16th, 2006, 05:41 PM
We'll be on the Century June 3,2007. 8 people from 21 years old - 81 years. Looking for more of you to join us!

dog
July 16th, 2006, 07:38 PM
On the Star Princess...Sept. 9, 2007

unclerich
July 17th, 2006, 10:05 AM
We're on the Rotterdam, May 30, 2007.:)

canlobef
July 17th, 2006, 10:17 PM
We'll be on the Century June 3,2007. 8 people from 21 years old - 81 years. Looking for more of you to join us! Same here we're also going on june 3 2007 aboard the newly refurbished Century. I'm excited already. Hopefully we'll see you there.

bookdoctor
July 30th, 2006, 10:03 PM
DH and I booked this cruise yesterday. Our second time to England to cruise. This one is Dover roundtrip. Should be a great time. We love NCL. Anyone else cruising early with us? This forum is the best, lots of great information. Vicki

iscreamer1
July 31st, 2006, 09:00 PM
On the Star Princess...Sept. 9, 2007

My friend and I might be joining you on this cruise. Is this the only one that does the Baltics in Sept?

dog
July 31st, 2006, 09:53 PM
iscreamer....this is the last sailing of the 2007 season for the Star Princess...doing the Baltics/Oslo. Then the ship moves on to do something else.
I do think there are a couple of other ships sailing in the Baltics in Aug/Sept. '07 but we are only interested in Princess.

If you decide on the Star .... join our roll call. J.

iscreamer1
August 1st, 2006, 09:11 AM
Just confirmed dates with my husband last night and he prefers I go when the kids are out of school so now I guess Sept is out. It's been so hard to make a decission and having the Star be the only Sept sail made it easier. Now I'm back to square one. Everybody should have this problem ;).

Lovincruisin1321
September 5th, 2006, 08:57 PM
My husband and I are signed up for RCI-Jewel of the Seas, August 5, 2007.

bgomes
September 6th, 2006, 07:39 PM
Lovincrusin1321: I'm sure that lauraam would love to have you join her in her August 5, 2007 Jewel forum. She has one other person who has signed up and still waiting for more.

We are on the July 24th sailing just before yours, lauraam and I have been chatting with each other since it seemed we were both the only ones on our respective cruises. I am still all alone, though.

Lovincruisin1321
September 6th, 2006, 08:17 PM
Lovincrusin1321: I'm sure that lauraam would love to have you join her in her August 5, 2007 Jewel forum. She has one other person who has signed up and still waiting for more.

We are on the July 24th sailing just before yours, lauraam and I have been chatting with each other since it seemed we were both the only ones on our respective cruises. I am still all alone, though.
I actually did reply to Laura, but every time I checked back she never posted again. I will try again. Thanks

twoboys
September 15th, 2006, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=suron]We were on Star Princess last August for the Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen. You may be interested in the review I did of this which can be found at

www.cruise.critic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469 (http://www.cruise.critic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469)

I cannot get the link to work. But I am very interested in reading your review. We are thinkingof bookign this trip for July 31, 2007

aprildream
September 15th, 2006, 07:45 PM
I'm still trying to decide I want to do the Baltic Cruise out of Dover with NCL on May 5,2007. My transatlantic cruise on the Dream actually arrives in Dover on the 3rd. NCL web site has the cruise for the 5th with 2 night pre-cruise listed at less than just the cruise without the pre-night and I can't figure that out. Timing is perfect but after 18 nights on the Dream do I want another 12? I was planning on touring England with a bus tour but the Baltic cruise sounds wonderfull. I am so undecided I think I may flip a coin.:rolleyes:

croozecrazy
September 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM
We are going on the Baltic cruise the end of july 2007 on the veendam with 2x a year. Have always travelled on Holland America and loved all the ships so far. I think ours is a 12 day leaving from Rotterdam. crooze crazy;)

kimiata
September 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
We're booked in August on the Regent Seven Seas Voyager, from Stockholm to Copenhagen. Everyone we've met who has taken a Baltic cruise has absolutely loved it!

croozecrazy
September 15th, 2006, 08:37 PM
:D Sorry I think I said I was going on the veendam we are going on the Rotterdam at the end of july 2007 with 2x a year. We are leaving from Rotterdam anyone else out there going?

JLT
September 18th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I am also seriously considering this Baltic cruise after the transatlantic and am thinking the same thing about so long on one ship since I have never sailed on NCL. How about you? Have you sailed them before? It would be such a convenience. And then I could splurge and come back on the QM2 and wouldn't have to fly at all. Let me know your feelings about NCL and other lines you have sailed.

3littlepeas
September 20th, 2006, 08:12 AM
RCCL Jewel on June 30th...Family of 5, 3 boys 7 1/2; 10 and 13 1/2...Nervous but excited!! This will be the kids first trip to Europe!

crzn4fun
September 20th, 2006, 04:30 PM
3littlepeas, please join us on the roll call thread for June 30 JOS. It has been too quiet! I have 4 girls going with us since my DD's are taking friends: 2 at age 16, 1 at age 19 and 1 at age 20. Definitely excited!

ORDPLATAA
September 21st, 2006, 09:59 AM
We are doing the July 14th sailing of the Constellation. This is a charter (Atlantis Events) and sold out within about two weeks to their past travelers. Already booked our air using frequent flyer miles (got the flights & dates we wanted!). Now we are working on pre & post hotel stays in Copenhagen and Stockholm. After that, it is on to planning our tours in St. Peterburg.

I'll need a vacation after all the planning this is over!!!!:p

Seriously, we are very excited about this trip - all destinations we have never been to before. We were on the Infinity this past June so if the Connie is as good is that, we'll be in heaven!:D

Mazie
September 30th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Just booked NCL Dream from Dover to Baltics. We are interested in tour sharing in St. Petersburg 2 days May 10 & 11, 2007

mushroom
September 30th, 2006, 05:34 PM
We're on the Prinsendam July 10th. This is the one that leaves from Amsterdam and goes through the Kiel Canal. I'm surprised no one else on this thread is on this cruise because it's already out of balcony cabins. We are really excited about doing all of these ports in a smaller ship. Isn't the port research fun for this cruise!?!

Texed
October 2nd, 2006, 10:07 AM
We are going to the Baltics on Century, June 3, 2007.:)

luv2travell
October 5th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Eating our way through Northern Europe - Cruise Critic Message Boards (http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7638477#post7638477)

sailaway5
October 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM
We are also sailing on the Prinsendam 7/10/07 out of Amsterdam. I just started a new roll call thread for this sailing today. Can't wait!!!

rkhtex
October 12th, 2006, 01:13 PM
We'll be on the Century June 3,2007. 8 people from 21 years old - 81 years. Looking for more of you to join us!

We're also on the Century 6/3/07 - my husband and I, our 24 year old son, and some friends of ours. There's a thread on the Roll Call. Love to see you there!!

Kim

kinderteacher
October 12th, 2006, 07:26 PM
Hope we'll see you there. We're very excited,too. Have you decided on a tour in St Petersburgh yet? Are you staying in Amsterdam pre cruise. If so where are you staying.
Thanks, joani joaniks@aol.com

wandb
October 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
We, along with 2 other couples so far, are sailing on the Rotterdam from London on the "Best of the Baltics" cruise on May 30, 2007. We can't wait!!:)

mia703
October 17th, 2006, 10:18 AM
My hubby and I will be celebrating our anniversary on RCI's Jewel of the Seas next June 30, 2007. Can not wait!!

Livestotravel
October 17th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Group of six (so far) are booked on the Star Princess Scandinavia, St. Petersburg & the Baltic Sea Cruise May 20th to June 3rd.

Drifters
October 22nd, 2006, 08:26 PM
My husband and I are on Constellation's July 21 sailing! Anyone else out there on this one?

I have never been to any of these ports and my husband has been to only a couple on business. We are really looking forward to the cruise.

We are celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary:D

Drifters

dennbr9
October 22nd, 2006, 09:42 PM

Jane
x

My DW and I are on the Jewel the 12th to 24th. We have a thread on the Roll calls, but so far only a few others have joined.

Anyone else out there, stop by the thread.

Dennis:D

jstducky
October 23rd, 2006, 01:54 PM
hey you guys are lucky. i haven't even found a single person on my cruise yet. I started a roll call awhile back and so far no one has responded.

No one for the Veendam 10 day Gems of the Baltics July 3, 2007 cruise???

lemare
October 24th, 2006, 05:48 PM
:D Sorry I think I said I was going on the veendam we are going on the Rotterdam at the end of july 2007 with 2x a year. We are leaving from Rotterdam anyone else out there going?
We're also booked on the Rotterdam Baltic for July 29th. There are six of us, possibly eight. Never been to europe before, so this is a trip of a lifetime for all of us.

Brooke1
October 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I am going on the NCL Dream on May 17, 2007. Hope there others out there joining me.....Brooke:rolleyes:

tim agg
November 5th, 2006, 03:53 PM
We initially booked on the July 13 Veendam sailing, until it was chartered by A Prairie Home Companion, so we're now on the August 12 voyage. I posted on the roll call but so far we seem to have the ship to ourselves!

mickfoxland
November 6th, 2006, 07:49 PM
we're going
looking at st petersburg shore trips now
looks as though you don't have to take the cruise lines excursions according to these boards
several options
don't know how much for cruise excursions though?
whats the best value?
anybody know?

mpbmark
November 7th, 2006, 01:05 PM
For those of you looking for this cruise check on the roll call board. It is almost sold out and yet only 19 have signed on to the M&M.

Brooke1
November 8th, 2006, 11:19 AM
My husband and I will be on the Norwegian Dream on May 17th out of Dover.:rolleyes: Any other on the same cruise...Brooke

Joyfredsblondecruiser
November 22nd, 2006, 10:37 AM
My husband and I will be on the Dream May 5th sailing. Happy Sailing every one, Joy

CaneCruiser
November 24th, 2006, 09:08 AM
We will be on the August 11th Seven Seas Voyager sailing.

Tanmanny
November 25th, 2006, 09:34 AM
hey you guys are lucky. i haven't even found a single person on my cruise yet. I started a roll call awhile back and so far no one has responded.

No one for the Veendam 10 day Gems of the Baltics July 3, 2007 cruise???
Hi Jstducky...we're with you on the Veendam...4 of us (mid 50's)...looking at airfares:(...we're planning several days in Paris pre-cruise & have booked ow fare to CPH...are you staying in CPH pre-cruise?...looks like the SAS Royal/Marriott/Front are the hotels of choice...any other suggestions?...Steve

jc75644
January 15th, 2007, 12:56 PM
My wife & I are booked on the Veendam, Gems of the Baltics, leaving out of Copenhagen on 07/23/07. Interested in booking with DenRus or Red October for St. Petersburg
Jim Cline
jimcline4@yahoo.com

teets
January 15th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Hi Gail,

We are also booked on August 2nd on the Century. My husband Evan and I are very excited. I have started researching shore excursions and would be happy to share information with you. You can reach me at tetelman@hotmail.com

Look forward to talking to you!!

Terry

teets
January 15th, 2007, 03:39 PM
Hi Gail,

We are also booked on August 2nd on the Century. My husband Evan and I are very excited. I have started researching shore excursions and would be happy to share information with you. You can reach me at tetelman@hotmail.com

Terry

teets
January 15th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Hi Gail,

We are also booked on August 2nd on the Century. My husband Evan and I are very excited. I have started researching shore excursions and would be happy to share information with you.

Terry

teets
January 15th, 2007, 03:41 PM
Hi Gail,

We are also booked on August 2nd on the Century. My husband Evan and I are very excited. I have started researching shore excursions and would be happy to share information with you.

Terry

English Jane
January 15th, 2007, 05:14 PM
Hi Gail,

Terry

OK Terry, we've got it, you're going on the Century on August 2nd!
:D :D :D :D
Jane
x

Peregrina651
January 16th, 2007, 12:05 AM
Yee hah! And at last! We have wanted to do a Baltic cruise for a while and have finally managed to get it together!

Is anyone else booked on the Century for August 14?

If so, we hope that you will join the Roll Call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=380160.

See you on board!

Andrea

bigdougw3999
January 16th, 2007, 09:45 AM
will be going on aug 18 sailing of voyager is anyone else sailing on this cruise

suron
January 16th, 2007, 06:39 PM
[quote=suron]We were on Star Princess last August for the Baltic cruise out of Copenhagen. You may be interested in the review I did of this which can be found at

I cannot get the link to work. But I am very interested in reading your review. We are thinkingof bookign this trip for July 31, 2007

Sincere apologies - hope you will not think me rude not getting back to you but the day after I posted the link I was admitted to hospital and in fact was in and out 4 times since September. It was just by chance that I checked something out on my posts and threads on CC and found your message. It is entirely my fault that you could not be the link but please try this which I hope will get you to my review.

www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469 (http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=12469)

Another Roll Call member for our sailing on Star Princess has also written a good review which can be found by logging on to the Member Reviews Section and finding Star Princess. The review is under the name of Sunprincess. She has also posted some fabulous photos of the trip which can be found at

http://community.webshots.com/user/sunprincess8

Hope this information is not too late for you

Regards from Suron in Bristol, England

Miss Jolly
January 17th, 2007, 07:01 AM
Hi. My husband and I are taking our 15 year old son and 13 year old daughter (who turns 14 in Corfu!) on HAL Rotterdam's 39 day cruise from 10th August - 18th September. We are travelling from Australia with a week of extra travelling either side of the cruise. It is an exciting adventure that we just can't wait for. Our children were the only children on board Coral Princess Panama Canal in September 2005 so we are keen to hear of any other families with teens who will be on our cruise.
Jennie Paul Sean and Corinne

cruiserr
January 17th, 2007, 08:51 AM
I've been lurking on this site for ages, soaking up all the great tips everyone has posted. What a wealth of information this site provides! :)

5 of us will be on the July 31st, 2007 sailing of the Star Princess out of Copenhagen. Can't wait!

jstducky
January 18th, 2007, 01:57 AM
Hi Jstducky...we're with you on the Veendam...4 of us (mid 50's)...looking at airfares:(...we're planning several days in Paris pre-cruise & have booked ow fare to CPH...are you staying in CPH pre-cruise?...looks like the SAS Royal/Marriott/Front are the hotels of choice...any other suggestions?...Steve

Steve!

Great to find someone on my cruise!
Sorry its taken me a over 2 months now to get back to you from your posting!

You're in Rochester huh? The law firm I work for has headquarters there!

Anyhow, airfare from Los Angeles is looking horrible. I am doing it on my own, but have yet to book anything yet. I am holding out hope that it will drop a little.

I am staying in CPH 1 night pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise. I've gotten the pre-cruise hotel through Priceline. It's the Copenhagen Marriott. Still working on the post cruise.

I booked Alla tours in St Pete. Still haven't decided on the other ports. Will probably do most of them on my own!

jc75644
January 18th, 2007, 10:42 PM
My wife and I are booked on The Veendam, sailing out of Copenhagen on July 23, 2007. Planning to use DenRus for St. Petersburg tours.

dorijo
January 19th, 2007, 09:45 PM
HI All,
We are taking the Constellation July 21 to the Baltics..Have already booked our tour in St Petersburg with Alla Tours..I am travelling with 2 of my grandchildren who will be 11 and 15 in July. Anyone else with children on that cruise?

CDRMark
January 21st, 2007, 06:51 PM
DW and I will be with Miss Jolly on the Rotterdam for twelve days in August. Very much looking forward to it!
Cheers
Mark

dennbr9
January 21st, 2007, 07:22 PM
Have a roll call going for the July 12th sailing of the Jewel of the Seas Baltics Cruise, stop on over if you are going.

Dennis

thehistorychic
January 28th, 2007, 05:53 PM
My Dad, Mom, Sister (31), Brother (26), and I(35) will be the Star Princess Baltic Cruise on August 30th. We are looking forward to it :)

jaybell
February 20th, 2007, 04:19 PM
My husband and I are booked on the Star Princess August 20-30 R/T CPH. We would love to find others who are booked on the same.:)

SPKR
March 19th, 2007, 02:14 AM
My husband and I are taking Regent's Voyager from Dover to Copenhagen 6/12/07. Still planning how to get from Gatwick to the Hilton Kensington and then from the Hilton to Dover. Any ideas?

Mustang649
March 26th, 2007, 04:10 AM
Wife and I are sailing on the OPERA, departing from Copenhagen on 12 May 07. Any recommendations as to where to stay the night before? We'd like a hotel that's close to the pier/port. Never been to Copenhagen before, so any advice/recommendations would be welcome.

Dan

Epp
April 4th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Crystal 7219 from Stockholm to Copenhagen July 29. Anyone on this cruise?

Dorel
April 5th, 2007, 09:11 AM
The wife and I are sailing on the Veendam on June 23, 2007. The HAL website shows this cruise almost completely sold out, with only one category of cabins still available. In spite of this, there are only 8 of us registered on the roll call. I am thinking the boat is going to full of "nearly dead" people yet to discover the Internet.

teets
April 5th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Dorel,

I agree with you. My husband and I are on the Celebrity Century August 2nd and all the suites are sold out and most of the other categories are also sold out. We have heard from 6 other people in our Roll Call. Maybe they are related to the Internet-challenged on your cruise.

Epp
April 6th, 2007, 10:03 PM
There must be something about the Baltic cruise. I am having the same problem - little response - to the roll call for the Crystal 7219 Baltic cruise. There are only eight of us so far and I know it is almost sold out in all categories.

golfngirl
April 6th, 2007, 11:22 PM
My husband and I are going on the Jewel, Aug. 29th cruise out of Harwich. Haven't seen many people going on this one . . . .

onlyparrotlets
April 7th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Steve!

Great to find someone on my cruise!
Sorry its taken me a over 2 months now to get back to you from your posting!

You're in Rochester huh? The law firm I work for has headquarters there!

Anyhow, airfare from Los Angeles is looking horrible. I am doing it on my own, but have yet to book anything yet. I am holding out hope that it will drop a little.

I am staying in CPH 1 night pre-cruise and 1 night post-cruise. I've gotten the pre-cruise hotel through Priceline. It's the Copenhagen Marriott. Still working on the post cruise.

I booked Alla tours in St Pete. Still haven't decided on the other ports. Will probably do most of them on my own!

We have a group booked on this same cruise. We bought our airfare AGES ago on orbitz...they have changed our flights about 3 times since then...probably because the rates are so much higher. We cannot fly in UNTIL the day the cruise is leaving...fingers crossed that we get there in time.

So far, we arrive at 7:30am - any ideas on what to do until we can board? There will be 4 of us.

margie

beev
April 7th, 2007, 01:32 PM
We are off to the Baltic on the June 10th sailing from Dover on the Norwegian Dream...Have booked St. Petersburg with Alla Tours...Counting the days...

Want to contact me?....cgmedia@sympatico.ca

kinderteacher
April 8th, 2007, 04:52 PM
We are a family of 4 from Miami, Fl; 2 adults and our 2 daughters 21 and 28 years old.
We're traveling with other college graduates and their families.
Can't Wait!!!:)

napunani
April 11th, 2007, 10:33 PM
We are honeymooning on HAL Rottendam sailing 30 May from Harwich!;)

wandb
April 12th, 2007, 01:47 AM
Welcome to the Rotterdam cruise of the Baltics! And congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Hope you have a fantastic honeymoon aboard.

Do go over the the Roll Call Board>Holland America>Rotterdam>Best of the Baltics on May 30th. We have a great roll call started there---with about 20-30 CC's signed on.

Hope to meet you on board!

Dorel
April 12th, 2007, 10:23 AM
The wife and I are sailing on the Veendam on June 23, 2007. The HAL website shows this cruise almost completely sold out, with only one category of cabins still available. In spite of this, there are only 8 of us registered on the roll call. I am thinking the boat is going to full of "nearly dead" people yet to discover the Internet.

All of a sudden, according to the HAL website, the cruise is no longer sold out. Cabins are again available in practically all categories. I am beginning to suspect that periodically pretending that all the cabins are sold out is just a marketing ploy by HAL. So it is possible that there are only 8 of us signed up for this cruise.

MIGGI
April 12th, 2007, 11:52 AM
I seem to be the only one going to the baltics with regatta on July 14
No other responses

toastyhamster
May 3rd, 2007, 08:08 AM
I'll be on the NCL Dream on Saturday 5th (2 days to go!). It's our first cruise and is in fact our honeymoon, having got married last Saturday.

Most cruises seem to offer a few freebies for honeymooners, but NCL seems to charge, bit miffed at that!

First cruise for us, so we've been a bit naive and booked ship excursions for all destinations apart from Copenhagen which we know quite well anyway.

Set2travel
May 3rd, 2007, 08:30 AM
Happy Honeymoon Toasyhampster!!! :D
We just booked Monday for the Constellation leaving on the 19 of May...this year. I have my work cut out since we leave two weeks from today.

paiagirl
May 3rd, 2007, 01:16 PM
Toastyhampster, there is a roll call for theMay 5 departure on the Dream.

Joy has made arrangements to meet after the muster on May 5 at the Observation Lounge and on May 8, from 10 - 11 at Le Bistro Restaurant.

wandb
May 3rd, 2007, 02:33 PM
Hi, Napunani!!

Hoping you check in on the boards before leaving for the cruise. Do switch over to the ROLL CALL Board and follow the links---Holland America---Rotterdam---Best of the Baltics, May 30. We'd love for you to sign in there so everyone can get to "meet" you! We really do want to meet you and hope you will come to our "Meet and Greet" on the first sea day (May 31st, first morning out) from 10:00 to 11:00 in the Explorers Lounge on the Upper Promenade Deck by the Art Gallery.

We have a great bunch of CC posters (about 30-35) who are active on the board and all looking forward to meeting each other on the 31st.

jjpugs
May 9th, 2007, 09:33 AM
hello...

We just booked last minute Constellation June 16th..
So excited about the trip. Anybody else on this sailing?
Stacy

matherwood
May 16th, 2007, 05:05 PM

Jane
x
Hi Jane
We're on this sailing too! I haven't found much mention of it and have opened a thread in the Roll Call part of this site, so far with one reply. I'm busy looking into the private shore excursions in St Petersburg. See you in August!

matherwood
May 16th, 2007, 05:08 PM
Ooops...sorry, just noticed that you posted last year...so guess that was 17th August 2006!

English Jane
May 16th, 2007, 05:23 PM
Ooops...sorry, just noticed that you posted last year...so guess that was 17th August 2006!

Nope, this year - booked it January 2006!

It's getting close now, we're thinking of taking ship excursions in St Petersburg - we really need to get on and sort it out soon.

Where are you travelling from?

Jane
x

henny penny
May 17th, 2007, 08:41 AM
English Jane - you get on as we get off!! We have used DenRus for our St Petersburg tour. Very helpful and reasonable too. From other poosts , I think the ships excursions are very expensive.:) :)

timespliters
May 19th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Only 18 more days

English Jane
May 20th, 2007, 10:22 AM
English Jane - you get on as we get off!! We have used DenRus for our St Petersburg tour. Very helpful and reasonable too. From other poosts , I think the ships excursions are very expensive.:) :)

Look after the ship for us!
Jane
x

CASEE
June 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
We will also be doing the Jewel of the Seas on August 17. There will be four of us. We are thinking of doing a Denrus or RO tour with a few more people. Do you have any interest?

cyclist
June 2nd, 2007, 06:29 PM
We are taking Black Watch sailing on 28 August from Dover. Our first cruise, I'm really looking forward to seeing St Petersburg, and hoping to find people to make a group for a private tour.

English Jane
June 3rd, 2007, 05:03 AM
We will also be doing the Jewel of the Seas on August 17. There will be four of us. We are thinking of doing a Denrus or RO tour with a few more people. Do you have any interest?

I'm a primary school teacher and I'm busy writing 29 reports - due in tomorrow so in the end I just went on line and booked the first couple of ship tours that took my fancy.
Day 1 - walking tour with tram ride.
Day 2 - river tour.
I've always been of the mindset that one doesn't need to see everything on a ticklist when visiting a new place - this is just a flavour. I also like to leave the idea in my mind that there's something else to see so I might returnone day.
Jane
x

CASEE
June 6th, 2007, 02:27 PM

Jane
x

Hi Jane,
My husband and I and another couple will also be on the Jewel on August 17th. Do you know anyone who would want to put together a private tour in St. Petersburg. We were thinking of taking the Denrus Value Tour but would still prefer a group of 8-10. We are already four. I am new to this site and hope that I know how to retrieve your message. My "E" is clwnstn2@comcast.net if you wish to write me directly. We have been on many cruises but I am really excited about this one. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London prior to our trip. Can you recommend any good restaurants? We visited London many years ago but our friends have not been there. We loved it. CASEE

timespliters
June 18th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Hi Jane,
My husband and I and another couple will also be on the Jewel on August 17th. Do you know anyone who would want to put together a private tour in St. Petersburg. We were thinking of taking the Denrus Value Tour but would still prefer a group of 8-10. We are already four. I am new to this site and hope that I know how to retrieve your message. My "E" is clwnstn2@comcast.net if you wish to write me directly. We have been on many cruises but I am really excited about this one. We will be staying in the Kensington area of London prior to our trip. Can you recommend any good restaurants? We visited London many years ago but our friends have not been there. We loved it. CASEE

Hi just got back today from a cruise on the Jewel and had a great cruise,
we used http://www.alla-tour.com/ and found them very good on our 2 day tour.

matherwood
June 18th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Hi Jane
Sorry to have overlooked your reply and not answered...I am an English Jane too (second name though). My husband and myself will be travelling from the Bath area, and plan to stay overnight near Harwich at a B&B where we can leave the car for the duration (£2 per night). Look forward to meeting up in August
Debbie

timespliters
June 18th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I stayed at Tower Hotel in Harwich and left the car at 30 for the 13 days, it is a very nice place and when we got up we could see the Jewel of the Seas from our bedroom.

royalpita
June 23rd, 2007, 11:16 PM
Hi My Husband Myself & Sister & Brother In Law Are Going To Baltics On July 4th On The Dream.anyone Else Out There Going On That Cruise?

royalpita
June 23rd, 2007, 11:18 PM
Hi My Husband Myself & Sister & Brother In Law Are Going To Baltics On July 4th On The Dream.Anyone Else Out There Going On That Cruise?