PDA

View Full Version : Official Pride 2007 March Crossing special events

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 07:51 AM
TO: Dee and John: "Bienvenidas, Amigos!!" Welcome to our Seabourn family.....soooo happy you posted to let us know you have booked the
Pride March 2007 Cross! The 12 day voyage will be life changing! ("they" don't mention this in the brochure) As to Suite 100.....how in the world did you manage to secure our well kept, secret room???? This is THE best Suite on the ship!!! A mini-owner's suite! (I would have booked it, but 'alas I must stay midship on Crossings) Many small private parties have been planned.......if you would enjoy having a cocktail "affair" or a morning "social" please post here. These small parties are quite easy to host.....simply call the Maitre'D a day or so before your date.

MY Blackbird: NO, your "cruisin' life" will never be the same after the magical "Good Ship ****** Crossing!" 'Talk about "The Ship Of Fools????" ha ha ha (THE best Island in the World floats & moves.....it's THE PRIDE!)

Thule-ie, I can hardly wait to SEE your wardrobe!!!! Bring it all! We might even decide to have a 'lit styleshow one afternoon, during High Tea, up in the Constellation Lounge........I was in the Couture fashion business for many years (Frost Bros., San Antonio) and I would be happy to commentate the runway show! Our pianist could play melodies, such as: "A Pretty Girl is Like a Melody??"

I do know of a "Guest" that is thinking of hosting a "Silent Auction" in his Suite......ALL Proceeds will go directly into the Pride Crew Fund! Good and excellent idea??? I would be willing to secure "items" from The Bridge!Maybe even from the hospital! And from the Galley........hmmmm???? We could all bring an item to be auctioned!

Have a grrreat and safe weekend! And have some fun!
Martita

thulewx
April 28th, 2006, 08:31 AM
That Silent Auction idea sounds marvelous! Maybe items ADN services? I know what I'll bring for it...
Concerning attire - last night in my dreams I had an incredible brainstorm!
Will there be a western-themed or Texas-themed event?
Regarding a different theme - anyone know where I could get some Aladdin-styled shoes/slippers? The ones with the pointy-curled toes? I checked ebay and saw nothing...
Now - regarding a fashion show - hmmm... maybe an America's Worst Top Model contest? I could win that!

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 09:02 AM
Sailor's......actually I have thought of having an afternoon styleshow up in the Constellation Lounge for years! But THE " runway show" would have a different small twist to it: "WHAT NOT TO WEAR ON A SEABOURN VOYAGE!" Can you image???? I would be willing to commentate the show and OH.....I just remembered, my good friend, MBT, from Delaware, will be aboard and she is a master pianist!!! I could invite (or force) a few "guest models" from the Officer manifest!! Carumba! Then some of the Guests could model......we could ask for a small "entrance love gift"......ALL proceeds go again, to the Crew Fund.

Please "jump in" with more ideas as to: "A Special Afternoon Styleshow Soiree, aboard the beautiful white Pride Castle"
Martita:D

CruisinMatt
April 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Martita - are you thinking along the lines of - The person that does the best job of breaking the dress code wins?? :D

thulewx
April 28th, 2006, 09:29 AM
I Love the NOT to wear aspect. I'm sure there are plenty of speedo's amongst some of the Scandinavians that should definitely not be worn by most of the mature men.:eek:
And I'll try to remember to bring my boa's, baubles, bangles, and beads...:cool:

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Matt......EXCELLENT IDEA! What about having a contest?
'BREAK THE SEABOURN DRESS CODE CONTEST
(all proceeds will be kindly presented to THE Crew Fund)

Then present the styleshow up in the Constellation Lounge......or around the Sky Bar one warm afternoon around 3:00 (we could use the Constellation Lounge for the dressing room) Invite guests to model....and then ask a few "distinct/dissimilar" Officer's or Crew to take part as "Special surprise invited models."

A "Texas Fling Ding" could very well be added! NO LINE-DANCIN', however!
We real Texans don't believe in them!!! Too tacky!

I will look a'round for a pair of "pointy-curled" Aladdin shoes!!!

Martita

CruisinMatt
April 28th, 2006, 09:59 AM
NO LINE-DANCIN', however!
We real Texans don't believe in them!!! Too tacky!

Really??? I had no idea! However, a little line-dance might come in handy for the first annual "Break the Seabourn Dress Code Contest".

.......after 2 large Pimm's cups and a shot of Underberg. ;)

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 10:16 AM
Matt........ABSOLUTELY NO: LINE DANCIN', BUBBLE GUM or COONTAILS, FLYIN' FROM THE FLAG.....ON THE SEABOURN PRIDE CASTLE!!

OH Thule-ee, I found your "Aladdin shoes" on E-Bay.....scroll down and there is a MUST HAVE pair of brown ones. (you mispelled Aladdin....that's why you couldn't fine them! ha ha ha)

MB:p

MaryBT
April 28th, 2006, 11:41 AM
This is Martita's friend from Delaware -- the pianist. I'd be glad to play for this Once in a Lifetime Style Show. Am I allowed to LAUGH while I'm playing for the models??? You can ask for Musical Requests and I'll think about playing them!! I promise to start practicing TODAY!

MBT

thulewx
April 28th, 2006, 11:58 AM
MBT - Hi!
Do you know David Rose' "The Stripper"
:eek: or "The Dance of the Hours" (Picture the hipppos and ostriches in Disney's "Fantasia")?

Martita - how about these shoes?

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 01:02 PM
Thule-ee, excellent choice of shoes!!! (would not be appropriate, however for formal, Tux evening's)

What in the world are YOU up to????:confused:
MB:p

thulewx
April 28th, 2006, 01:48 PM
(would not be appropriate, however for formal, Tux evening's) Exactly... ;)

What in the world are YOU up to????
- evil laugh.....:p You'll just have to wait and see... but I'll give you a script for the fashion show for this segment - evil laugh...:D

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
"Twinkle Toes Thule-ee"......Yes, please do write my commentation for your "outfit garb!" I' just hope I will be able to get thru' it without "crackin' totally UP!":D

Pride Crosser's.......any one else that would enjoy modeling, please post here!! (surely I won't need to "strong-arm" anyone)

The Commentator:rolleyes:

MaryBT
April 28th, 2006, 02:49 PM
Hi Thulewx!

Don't know them YET. Will look for music for them. Looking forward to meeting you on the Crossing. Wear those shoes so I'll know you!

MBT

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 04:39 PM
Sailor's, we know we shall enjoy special events, parties, dinner's, cocktail parties, a Pajama Morning Social, and perhaps a styleshow next March.
Captain Toenis T. will also host his "Hide and Seek Search" event. Perhaps he'll surprise us with another "secret game!" (we were surely surprised with a few Seabourn Exclusive Events last March! ha ha ha)

Please post your ideas!
Happy weekend,
Martita B.

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 05:16 PM
O.K......here we go! Come on, Thule-ee, Blackbird, Matt, MBT.....and the other party planners. We only have 8 months to make the plans.
I usually work for 12 months of preparations, planning, ordering, arranging, etc., etc. for the big Pride Crossing Galas.......sooooo help me out here!

As to the styleshow: would you enjoy just a "runway show" or a contest?
Either is fine with me. Please vote.

We will have a PJ Morning Social, I have already committed to hosting again "The Annual Pisces Birthday party" This is for "the 'ole Crossers.....I think just for 12. We will enjoy many dinner and cocktail affairs.
Perhaps a "Texas Fling Ding" one evening......other special events also!

Ideas????

MB

MaryBT
April 28th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Let's not do a contest -- just a runway show filled with laughter and picture-taking so we can show the folks back home how crazy we are. I learned "I Feel Pretty" this afternoon. That's ONE. Glad the piano didn't tell me I was "off topic!"

MBT

Martita B.
April 28th, 2006, 06:50 PM
MBT, I agree, I think we should go ahead with the planned styleshow.
Either held in the Constellation Lounge or if it's sunny and warm, even around the Sky Bar.......perhaps about 3:00 pm?

OH, and we will have our "Silent Auction" benefitting the Crew Fund! This will be a most special event. Keep thinking as to auction items! I will "twist a few arms" up in the Bridge......Carumba! These "items" will go for a premium and the proceeds might even cover a big party for our Crew!

Happy Friday!
MB

thulewx
April 29th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Has there ever been some sort of Flamingo based soiree? It WOULD include lots of pink!!! Perhaps we could convert the Constellation Lounge in to THE FLAMING "O" BAR for an afternoon? Serve Rosé Champagne, Cosmos, Pink Ladies, or some new concotion with a little 151 on top, aflame?
Wait - what did I do with my pink boa - oh - nevermind :o .

Martita B.
April 29th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Thule-ee, as to the pink gala.....I think perhaps the Pride Crew might be sick of pink! We all left ALL of our pink items behind in order for the Crew to have a pink "blow-out" in the Crew Bar. I received an e-mail from Stijn (Chief Purser)last week, saying that the Crew did indeed have the party! He promised to send pictures to me via a Port Agent.
But, as to our Crossing events, parties, etc., etc.....THE sky's the limit!
Of course the CD will be hosting Trivia (I don't play) putting contest, the sewing classes, bridge, wine tasting's, Cheffy will be hosting a "demo".......on & on. But, these are "ship's activites" and we can plan anything we'd enjoy as private parties or "affairs!"

We'll keep "our thinkin' caps on!"
Martita

PeaSea8ch
April 29th, 2006, 01:57 PM
Let's not do a contest -- just a runway show filled with laughter and picture-taking so we can show the folks back home how crazy we are. Miss Martita, Event and Party Planner Extrodinaire! My vote is for the runway show on "How to Break The Seabourn Dress Code" Also, as your trainee assistant, I have an idea. How about having modeling categories like Swim & Marina Day Wear; Outdoor Loungingwear; and Eveningwear?

I am thinking about a couple of outfits already! However, don't expect too much as thulewx has me totally outclassed and eclipsed! :D If I do not meet Lunar Lady Sira on the Nov. Legend crossing, perhaps, Miss M, you could introduce us. I am a complete klutz and could use all tips and pointers on my "runway presentation!"

Let the planning and scheming begin White Castle Pride Crosssers!

Martita B.
April 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Peachy, Oh we will have our "What Not To Wear On A Seabourn Ship" styleshow.......just not a contest. Your idea as to catagories is excellent!

I do not know who "Lunar Lady" is......I am waiting for her to post her initials. Then, I'll have an idea.

Have a fun, safe weekend!
MB

LUNAR LADY SIRA
April 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
LUNAR LADY SIRA J HAS MANY DAYS ON SEABOURN.
I'M VERY DOWN TO EARTH AND WELL KNOWN LIKE THE GOD MOTHER OF THE PRIDE-SHIRLEY TEMPLE.
LADY J DOESN'T PLAY TRIVIA EITHER. I OFTEN RAN INTO MARTITA PLANNING AS I DECIDED WHAT TO DO FOR BRUNCH AT THE SKY BAR.

BOY WAS SOMEBODY WORRIED IF MARTITA AND I EVER MET, BUT THIS WILL BE OUR FOURTH TRIP MARTITA!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF THE CLUB MILESTONES RECIPIENTS!:)

CRUISE CRAZY ONE IS MY BEST FRIEND AND WAS THE ONLY ONE TO GET ME ON HER TRIVIA TEAM.
THE 3 AMIGOS - ROYAL NAVAL AMBASSADORS!
NO STRIPES, BUT WE DO OUR VERY BEST!

ON THE MARCH CROSSING, I WAS THE AMERICAN TOP MODEL WINNER .THANKS CAPTAIN !
SEEMS I RETIRED JUST IN TIME, BUT I'M GLAD IT WILL BE DONE WITH A TWIST IN 2007.
WHAT NOT TO WEAR ON SEABOURN IS WAY TOO EASY!:D

I WONDER IF THIS IS THE SAME MARY I SPOKE TO DURING THE CROSSING? IF YOU HAD A QUIETER DINNER AND LEFT FOR THE AIRPORT EARLY WITH ME - HI!\!
NOW THERE'S ONE LESS PIANO PIECE YOU'LL HAVE TO PLAY!

NOW I CAN MAKE DREAMS COME TRUE LIKE TYRA ON THE CASTLE!
I WOULD LOVE TO ENHANCE SELECTED MODELS MARTITA HAS IN MIND WITH ACCESSORIES IF ALLOWED TO DO SO.

ON THAT NOTE, I LOOK FORWARD TO OUR MEETING IN NOVEMBER!
I WISH CRUISE CRAZY ONE AND HUBBY WAS WITH US. THIS WAS ONE OF HER FAVORITE VOYAGES. I'M GLAD I COULD DO IT FOR HER!
I HOPE CAPT. GEIR-ARNE PUTS OUT MY ART WORK IN NOVEMBER.
SEE YOU SOON. ALL THE BEST!
LADY J

mcboo
April 29th, 2006, 08:39 PM
LunarLady.
Don't tell me you were on Cruisecrazyone's trivia team against us (The Supremes). That was a very good time.

mcboo:) :) :)

Martita B.
April 30th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Hey Mr. "Boo"~~~
Golly, I have missed you and Ollie so much! When are 'yall going to sail with us?

Have you visited with Miss P.R. lately? I was deeply saddened to hear of her sweet, wonderful Father's death on Apr. 9th. Very unexpected. I have been in contact with P., as I know she is devastated. What a huge loss to their family. I am feeling her pain.

Let's make a Seabourn plan!!!
I send Texas huggggzzz's
MB

Martita B.
April 30th, 2006, 10:26 AM
I have been thinking of the styleshow, next March. Even if it's a tad 'bit early, I think it would be amusing to add a "series" of Easter Bonnets.:D MaryBT, do you know the music, "Easter Parade?" As we will have clever and creative minds aboard, I can picture some of the "milliner" our haberdasher Guests will present at the show! (shall we call them "madhatter's?")
Thule-ee, you may need to model TWICE!

It's just an idea, but "hats" in the Runway Show" would be an added touch!

Martita B.:rolleyes:

thulewx
April 30th, 2006, 11:36 AM
Model twice? Shy, demure, reticent little ol' moí? :o Hmmm - that would mean a 4th hat box - not sure if it'll fit in my SUV with the 6 steamer trunks... :D
But I do think a mini-Easter Parade hat soireé is a good idea, perhaps along with a Sunday champagne brunch? Maybe have some sort of creative workshop earlier if there's a rainy morning...

Martita B.
April 30th, 2006, 12:02 PM
Thule--ee,
O.K. I "googled" March 2007

March 19th-Ft. Laud
March 21st & 29th--Formal Evening's
Club Night will probably be either the 24th or 25th
March 28th--Ponta Delgada
March 23rd is "Toast Day"
March 24th is "Harry Houdini Day"
March 26th is "Make up Your Own Holiday"
March 31st Lisboa

I vote for March 26th as "What Not To Wear On a Seabourn Ship Styleshow":eek:

Everyone vote as to a date.

Wadda 'ya think?
MB

thulewx
April 30th, 2006, 02:09 PM
26th sounds good to me - by that time most will know I'm not really THAT bizarre ;) .
And on the 23rd (toast day) do we all dress up as Melba? :rolleyes: Or do we clear out their stocks and see what kind of easter hats we can make from toast?
27th would be a good day to keep things light since I don't look forward to trekking around a volcano (extinct or otherwise) the next day, with a nasty hangover :( .
On the 20th (first full day at sea) - is that the day we all pretend to just be there for the relaxation (While secretly plotting more devious merrymaking...)?

Martita B.
April 30th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Phil~~~March 20th is my day to "hang clothes on line in bath-tub. Steam out the wrinkles!" Quickest and easiest way I know.....:o
March 23rd is "drinking and toastin' day!" Everyone has to start the round with a "toast!":confused:
March 27th is "help Cheffy Ioan make his Grocery list!":rolleyes: (The grocery store in Ponta Delgada is HUGE!)

I agree as to a "workshop" for the hat making~~~we'll work hard and drink Champagne!:o

Enjoy your Sunday!
MB

PeaSea8ch
May 1st, 2006, 02:20 AM
Another vote for March 26th. I also like the wonderful idea of an Easter Bonnet category. Hmmm, I am thinking I could take an accessory from my Outdoor Loungingwear entry and transforming it into the Easter Bonnet from Hell or Easter Bonnet from way South. :) Maybe I should just stick to the one category I do worst in! ;):D

Host Dan
May 1st, 2006, 04:31 PM
Martita, any thoughts of doing the "idea" on your Pride crossing? (The one we spoke about recently)?

Host Dan

Martita B.
May 1st, 2006, 05:15 PM
Dan, as to the "Pride Crossing idea gala" ......it's OFF, for obvious reasons.
Perhaps another year.......I hope so!

MB

Martita B.
May 3rd, 2006, 09:05 AM
For those that would enjoy either "modeling" a hat or "wearing" one to the event, you will need to bring your chapeau and the hat trimming's. It would be fun to meet in the Constellation Lounge a couple of days before and create the "Easter Bonnets!"
I'll be happy to help with the design and artistry as I won't be wearng one......I'll be commentating!
MBT, you might enjoy wearing a "Grand piano" type hat!

A zillion ideas come to mind!!!:D

Martita B.

Dorinda
May 3rd, 2006, 09:38 AM
Hi kids - wonderful ideas for special events! We would certainly like to participate in the fundraiser auction. Love the Easter bonnet idea - did that on a past Easter cruise...and I might be able to talk DH into doing a modeling thing invoving a kilt...Think I'll wait till closer to the time so he won't have too much time to think about it!

Keep up the good work! We can already tell this is going to be a special cruise!:rolleyes:

Off to So. America so will check in when we return!

Cheers,
Dee

Martita B.
May 3rd, 2006, 10:04 AM
Dee, Yes, pleeeeze talk Hubby into modeling! I have a good friend who told me, "OH, my husband can model the outfit he mows the lawn in~~~~" The kilt ensemble sounds divine!

Yes, we will enjoy the "Silent Auction" with the proceeds going to the Crew Fund. We can all bring "something special" from home.......I'm going to bring a "Limgoes" cruise ship box that I have had for some time.

And yes, our Seabourn Crossing's are truly magical! And no two are alike! Always fun and seasoned Sailor's aboard. You will have so much fun, I bet you will book 2008, aboard!

Smooth seas and blue skies in South America!
MB

MaryBT
May 5th, 2006, 10:59 AM
I'm looking for the music to In Your Easter Bonnet. One would think I am old enough to have that someplace! YES, I want to wear a Piano Hat! My husband, DT says he just might be "seasick" on Fashion Show Day but I know he will NOT!

To Lady Lunar: I think the Mary you were originally thinking of is our OTHER friend, Mary.

MaryBT

Martita B.
May 5th, 2006, 11:19 AM
MaryBT, Oh yes, you must wear a "grand piano hat!" Start searching on E-Bay!:p
And pleeeeze encourage Mr. D. to bring his "lawn-mowin' ensemble!" He must model~~~~(Oh, he could bring a 'lit child's lawn mower to complete his outfit)
No tellin' what Sante Fe JB will "show up in????:eek: OR "The Birmingham Boy's?":D

MB

Martita B.
May 10th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Pride March Crossers, I have a serious question for you. Pleeeeze be honest answering it......
I am thinking of inviting a "colorful Officer" to model (OH heavens NO, not Captain Toenis T!!) in our styleshow. I won't reveal his name here......but, he does enjoy "dressing up in quirky outfits".......I was thinkin' of embelishing his Boiler Room suit with a black formal bow tie......maybe some outrageous socks, with sandals, a goofy type basball hat, etc., etc......just a few adornments.
Do 'yall think his modeling would diminish "respect" in any way? I would NEVER, EVER think of being disrespectful of an Officer, Staff or Crew member......I'm their Head Cheerleader.

What do you think? We certainly want to uphold the utmost decorum!!!
Martita

thulewx
May 10th, 2006, 07:13 AM
Were there plans for the "style" event to somehow also be a fundraising event? If so, I'd say it absolutely wouldn't diminish respect. If it is just for fun, I'd say it should be up to him - address it to him in such a manner as to let him know it's totally his call and that you don't want pressure him or to lessen his stature and to take it in the spirit (or Pride) of having fun...
I think most people admire an officer who's willing to "let loose" with guests on occasion, as long as we know he's all-business when "on duty."

Martita B.
May 10th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Phil, I agree as to simply inviting the Officer.....and explaining that if he would prefer NOT to model, we would certainly understand.
On the Pride Crossing, I took my decorative "Longhorn tiara, with PINK maribu trim" up to the Bridge and ask a certain Officer (OH no, wasn't Captain Toenis T.) if he wanted to wear it to the "Tickled Pink Gala...." he rolled his eyes, at first, then announced: "Ya' know, Marta, I would very MUCH like to wear your HORNS.....thank you for sharing your headpiece!!!" Wellll, 'course he was THE big hit of the evening! I think HE had more folks snappin' his picture than anyone there......(HE GRINNED all EVENING)
Sometimes, we Guests forget that the Officer's like to have FUN, too!

Other opinions????
MB

thulewx
May 11th, 2006, 01:26 PM
My new jammies arrived today! Can't wait to get home and try them on! I just hope They aren't too warm :( ... Maybe we could have the party on deck early, early morning! ;)

Martita B.
May 12th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Thule-ee, Oh, I'm just dyin' to see your party pajamas! Might you post a 'lit picture for us to see?
I found and purchased my robe-de-chamber~~~a pretty long dark black, sheer, dressing gown trimmed in black maribu and jet sequins.
I'll wear black satin "kitten heeled" mules, with black maribu. I'm thinking of wearing, underneath, plain black silk lounging pajamas. I already have a black feathered hand fan! Of course, opera length pearls~~~~~~
I so hope this ensemble won't be TOO dressy for a simple Seabourn morning "affair!" Wellll, champagne and caviar will be served!
(to quote one Dolly Parton, "it's expensive and alot work to look this CHEAP!)
'See 'ya a'round the water cooler!
Huggggzzz sent,
Martita B.

thulewx
May 12th, 2006, 07:23 AM
I'll have to email you concerning your chamber outfit when I get home - no hotmail allowed at work.
This sneak-peek of the jammies will have to do for now...

Martita B.
May 12th, 2006, 07:31 AM
Thule-ee, morning socializing pajamas, DIVINE!
I have the most perfect accessories for you......I'll bring 'em!
(what size house slippers do you wear?)

'OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING???" DEE DUM DEE DUM........:p
MB

thulewx
May 12th, 2006, 07:41 AM
They're footies!!
But thanks, anyway... (the maribou would probably clash anyway :D )

Martita B.
May 12th, 2006, 11:58 AM
OHHHH, I was thinkin' "Rubber Ducky" slippers......But, your P.J. feet are much more appropriate........

Shall we have caviar or smoked salmon with our champagne?
I was amused by the Maitre'D........he told me, "Miss Marta, let's have a large platter of smoked salmon.....it'll look prettier!" So we DID!

MB

thulewx
May 12th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I'm allergic to most fishy thingies, but can put up with caviar, lobster, crab and shrimp, if I take my benedryl beforehand.
Then again, given the subject matter of the PJ's, maybe smoked duck?
AFLAC!! :rolleyes:

Martita B.
May 12th, 2006, 05:39 PM
Thule-ee, I'm thinking of asking "Cheffy" to simplify our Pajama Social menu and serving small 'lit quiche's, a fruit tray AND donuts!
Mainly "finger foods"......
Wadda 'ya think? Will this be agreeable with you?
"Nothin' like plannin' ahead!"
Have a :p weekend!
Martita B.

thulewx
June 9th, 2006, 07:00 AM
Miss Martita - I understand you're continuing on, after Lisboa?
I've seen Norm's photos of you watching the Pride sail away and it was mentioned on the Lisbon thread. Since I'll be forcibly pulled off the ship at Lisbon (screaming, crying, and clawing at the carpeting, I'm sure :( ), I would like to plan on being at the same spot to bid y'all a further bon voyage. Is this event easy to execute?

Martita B.
June 9th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Thulee, I will also disembark in Lisbon on March 31st,but unfortunately head straight to the Airport. As to "bidding the Pride Adios" it is very easy! Simply take a Taxi to the Belem Pier around 5:30 p.m.,walk towards the "Monument of the Explorers" stand and look to your left towards the bridge. You might even invite those that are overnighting in Lisboa to come join you! It's truly an unforgettable event! (we took our bottle of wine with us for the Sail-a-bration)
The first time Norm, John and I "waved goodbye" at the Pier, we had met Captain T.T. for an expresso at a Coffee House that morning and he had "X ed" the spot on my Lisbon map for us to stand. When the Pride sailed by, everybody and "their dogs" were leaning over the railings wavin' at us....we decided the Cruise Director had announced "the 3 scalawag's" would be on the Belem Pier waitin' and waving the flag for them!
I still have the 'ole trusty Lisbon map and will be happy to bring it......
A "receiving line" at the Pier would be TOO much fun!
Martita B.