Semi-submersible - Sea Explorer

JEANMR1

We did the semi-submersible last spring. We did it because our friends wanted to. I would have preferred snorkeling. One thing I didn't realize is that you don't see the brilliant colors of the fish as you go deeper, which was somewhat disappointing. But, the one crew member gets out of the vessel and feeds the fish, swimming alongside the sub so everyone gets a good view and good photo's. That was pretty cool, with all the swarms of fish following him.

If you get motion-sickness at all, there are a few moments where the vessel really rolled with the waves and our one friend barely managed not to get sick. So, just prepare yourself with some Bonine beforehand.

The drive to and from the semi-sub was nice. The driver stopped for photo's along the way, and we stopped at a nice bar for a beverage and tasting of curacao liqueur. If people wanted to stay in town to shop and return to the ship on their own after the tour, they were dropped off to shop.

Becki

Thanks for the info. I think that is what we are going to do. It is 3 us of and my mom is 70 so snorkeling is out. I thought this would be a great substitution for her (and me since I'm not a great swimmer).

I thought this would be a great substitution for her (and me since I'm not a great swimmer).

Yes, that is why we did the tour, as our one friend is not a swimmer. I think you'll enjoy it.

Becki

Archived