PDA

View Full Version : Grenada shopping away from Grand Anse

erpa
July 29th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Hi - we will be in Grenada this November and it seems like a good place to shop for textiles. I have heard that there's a vendor's market at Grand Anse beach, but it sounds heavily geared to tourist trade/cruiseship passengers. Does anyone know of any other shopping areas not so touristy in or near St. George's? Any info would be appreciated!:D

palmtre2
August 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM
I was curious about this too and I found http://www.grenadagrenadines.com/shop.html

Quilting Queen
August 3rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
We will be on the Sun Princess in March 2006 with a stop at Granada. I am a quilter and try to collect unusual fabric during my travels. I am still searching for more batik stores and possibly one of the factories on the islands. Some years ago I went on a quilting cruise and went to a batik factory on Dominica. One of the other islands has Carib Batik stores but I don't know if they have any factory tours.

Thanks again,
Norine

denboy
August 6th, 2006, 04:01 PM
Rather than going to the Vendors Market why not visit some of the local shops around the market place, it is only a few minutes walk from the new cruise terminal.
If you are interested in batik there is a shop on Young Street where the work is done within the shop.

Quilting Queen
August 10th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I will check out Young Street for Batik shops when we are there in 2007. We plan to do a 1/2 day tour, have lunch and go back for shopping.

Thanks again for the batik info.
Norine