PDA

View Full Version : Marco Polo January 15 2007

cruisePRN
October 26th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Is anyone sailing with us on this date?
Karyn and Richard

Bookish Angel
October 26th, 2006, 10:22 PM
My hubby and I (40's) are going. There is another Orient thread that includes several other folks on our cruise.

See ya onboard!

cruisePRN
October 27th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I had started a thread quite some time ago and you and I met over there. It turned out some people we thought were on our cruise were on the cruise before us. I hope we can get a role call going here since it's less then 3 months away till sail away.
I bought my boots at walmart last week. I am starting to think about what i need to pack. I have a shelf in my closet i keep adding stuff to as i think of it like Binoculars. I am looking forward to this experience.

Bookish Angel
October 27th, 2006, 05:27 PM
Amen on the Wal-Mart boots! Bought some for my hubby there as one of his birthday gifts - less than $20.00 and completely waterproof!

An FYI to folks who might want to do some budget gear shopping: I got two pairs of waterproof pants for less than $2.00 at a local thrift store (okay, they are kids' size but adult sizes were not much more).

ebay and yard sales are also good source for less expensive gear as are swaps/trade-ups at ski stores and resorts.

I also got a prescription for Phenergan (used for nausea) from my doc. She said it was better to perhaps sleep through the Drake Passage than to barf through it!

cruisePRN
October 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I bought waterproof pants at London Fog when they were closing their store at our mall and saved 70%. Since we get our red parkas I'm not concerned with a jacket.
I have plenty of Phenergan and Compazine in case of sea sickness. Perhaps the Drake Passage will be easier then we expect.

Did you buy thermal underwear? I'm not sure we should buy any, what's your thinking?

cruisePRN
November 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I found out today we are flying to Dallas then non stop to Buenes Aires on American airlines.