PDA

View Full Version : Nearest airport to Cape liberty, NJ

Dorie7
November 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Hello,

My brother is going on a cruise out of New Jersey, Cape liberty port to Bermuda. Does anyone know which airport is the nearest/most convenient? Is this far from New York? Would it be preferable to fly to NY instead of NJ and, if so, what type of transportation would you recommend?

Thanks,
Dorie

The Big Booper
November 17th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Newark Liberty Airport is the closest by far of the 3 NYC area airports. JFK and LaG are in Queens many miles away.

The Big Booper
November 17th, 2006, 03:37 PM
Bayonne is across the Hudson River from Manhattan, near the Statue of Liberty.

Linda/Ohio
November 17th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Newark. Also not a bad place to drive--we are from Ohio and drove with some friends. Spent the night in a Summerfield Suite about 45 minutes from the port. Got a nice rooms for about $100.

Sue L
November 17th, 2006, 04:38 PM
It is about a 25$ taxi ride to the port from newark airport

TPKeller
November 17th, 2006, 04:58 PM
I've marked all three major airports in the NY area on my Bayonne map:

http://cruisetip.tpkeller.com/maps/portmaps.php?mapid=nybay

Take the advice from people who are in the area, but this will give you a picture.

If you click on the Bayonne dock marker, and then click on the "From here" direction link, you can enter the three letter airport code to get a map and directions to the airports. To Newark (EWR) it is only 9.1 miles.

Theron

geojobes
November 17th, 2006, 05:08 PM
You definitely want to use Newark. Even if the others looked closer, the traffic from the NYC would kill you. The Newark airport is at exit 14 of the NJ Turnpike, Bayonne is at exit 14C on the Newark Bay Extension of the NJTP(also known as the eastern spur). I don't know the mileage, but it can't be much more than 10 miles. BTW I'm from Central Jersey, but I work in North Jersey & travel that area a lot.

aqhacruiser
November 18th, 2006, 02:02 AM
Hello,

My brother is going on a cruise out of New Jersey, Cape liberty port to Bermuda. Does anyone know which airport is the nearest/most convenient? Is this far from New York? Would it be preferable to fly to NY instead of NJ and, if so, what type of transportation would you recommend?

Thanks,
Dorie

Your brother should come into Newark Airport. If he comes in the day before there is the Newark Best Western that offers a Park and cruise package and they provide shuttle to Cape Liberty and also to Newark Airport. The number is 877-442-0992. Rate is 155.00 plus tax for 2 people and includes breakfast. A few people used it from my Oct. cruise and they seemed pleased. :)

barbaragrace
November 18th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Your brother should come into Newark Airport. If he comes in the day before there is the Newark Best Western that offers a Park and cruise package and they provide shuttle to Cape Liberty and also to Newark Airport. The number is 877-442-0992. Rate is 155.00 plus tax for 2 people and includes breakfast. A few people used it from my Oct. cruise and they seemed pleased. :)

I live in NJ and NEWARK airport is your best bet. The traffic through NY is so unpredictable and nerve wracking...no way to start a vacation! Also, the view of NY on the NJ side (if you should go for a taxi $$ tour to Liberty Park, JC) is very nice too.