PDA

View Full Version : Roll Call Question

Glamourgal
December 2nd, 2006, 02:26 PM
I had my cruise posted on the Sun Roll Call Board. The cruise is not until Sept 2007 and it was slowly going to the bottom of the list but now it has completely disappeared. How do I get it back?? Where did it go??:confused:

Planer's Edge
December 2nd, 2006, 02:34 PM
Your roll call just rolled over to page 2. To get it back you could post a "bump" to bring it back to page 1.

PE

immargaret
December 2nd, 2006, 02:42 PM
Your roll call just rolled over to page 2. To get it back you could post a "bump" to bring it back to page 1.

PE

Bumping in not allowed in Roll call threads, Laura won't be happy.:D Just make a post looking for more cruisers, instead of bumping.

From Laura's rules.....

"BUMPING" is when you post anything or even the word "bump" in an effort to keep your thread at the top or page one of the forum.

Bumping = boring. Your fellow cruisers see that something new has been posted, and they click to read it. Instead, they find nothing more than your bump.

Toyz711
December 2nd, 2006, 02:44 PM
just do a post, even if it just says "hi", better yet ask a question. but it's early, it's going to be pushed to the other pages until closer to the cruise date.

Host Cecilia
December 2nd, 2006, 03:10 PM

PEimmargaret is correct. Bumping is not allowed and bump posts are removed.

To the OP...your roll call is still there but your preferences don't allow you to see if after it leaves the first page. Go to User CP, Edit Options, Scroll down to the "Default Thread Age Cut Off" option. Change it to Show All Threads. Your post will then be visible to you.

Planer's Edge
December 2nd, 2006, 03:22 PM
I know bumping is not allowed. Why do you think bump was in quotes?:cool:

PE

Planer's Edge
December 2nd, 2006, 03:23 PM
I know bumping is not allowed. Why do you think bump was in quotes?:cool:

PE

garycarla
December 2nd, 2006, 03:31 PM
Glad you know.
Glad you know.

Back to the original situation...
It is amazing how many people think there is only ONE page for posting. Yet, to see just the current postings from the past week for NCL alone would take multiple pages.

Glamourgal
December 2nd, 2006, 03:43 PM
Cecelia, I just have one more question. Will other be able to see the roll call. I am more concerned that they will see it than myself, so that a new roll call will not be started for that same date.

Glamourgal
December 2nd, 2006, 03:45 PM
garycarla, I know there is more than one page but I didn't have the option to go to page 2. I looked for that thinking there was another page but it wasn't listed as such.