PDA

View Full Version : Regal Empress - Any NEW reviews or info?

Hold
December 19th, 2006, 04:00 PM
I have not seen any (recent) reviews since early in 2006 on this board. The most recent posts only talk about cruises people did on this ship a year or two ago.

I'm worried that all major cruise agents that I've looked at have now dropped offering cruises on this ship. That's NOT a good sign. I'm wondering why?

Anyone recently cruised on this ship. Any updates?

Thanks in advance!:confused: :(

ahoughton
December 26th, 2006, 06:14 PM
When this ship was owned by Regal Cruise lines it did longer cruises. Just doing the 2 night cruises, the agents won't list the cruises (not enough commission). We were on the ship in July and loved it. It is an older ship and has so many coats of paint you can't see the bolts but it is well maintained for a 53 year old ship. There is so much hidden beauty in this ship. We have sailed on much larger ships with ice skating rinks and rock climbing walls but you are comparing apples to oranges. We enjoy cruising and have not been on a bad cruise. If you don't get your expectations to high and enjoy cruising try this ship. The service, food and entertainment are all good for a ship of this size.

stowaway2k
January 15th, 2007, 01:23 PM
There is a fantastic recent review here:
http://www.maritimematters.com/regalempress-blog1.html
with a link to some history of the ship back to 1953, well worth a look at.

Here are some random photos I took on her last week:
http://freespaces.com/kjgallery/
click on the "photographs of ocean liners..." link, the Regal Empress should be the third album.

Barkingowl
January 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
The Regal Empress was docked in Nassau harbor last week when we were there. She was a beauty. I wish they offered longer cruises.

serene56
January 30th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Wow-- Im impressed the ship is still sailing. We did a cruise to nowhere a few years back-- and hit very rought waterrs. I ruined my best friend to ever cruising again with us. She hated it.
I on the hand loved it.