PDA

View Full Version : eastern Carribean hot spots

T-burg 19
January 23rd, 2007, 06:59 PM
looking for good snorkeling during eastern carribearn cruisewith Carnival Triumph. Has anyone rented the small huts on Half moon cay during their stop in the Bahamas? It seems a little pricey and was just wondering if is worth the price. thanks

foneguy
January 23rd, 2007, 09:01 PM
ok i have to add to this question, because im looking for a nice location in san juan to take the family snorkling.:confused: any idaes? anybody?

feistytigger
January 24th, 2007, 12:54 PM
ok i have to add to this question, because im looking for a nice location in san juan to take the family snorkling.:confused: any idaes? anybody?

i don't know that there's good snorkeling anywhere close to san juan - too much polution! however, you can definitely find worthwhile snorkeling around the teeny islands east of the main island of puerto rico - vieques and culebra. my friends and i went to culebra and had an amazing time. there's a teeny bay near flamenco beah (do an image search on google - that is a beautiful beach!). you take a hike over a hill to get to the snorkeling beach - carlos rosario i think it's called. very quiet.