PDA

View Full Version : Iguazu Falls

Kentuckytwo
February 3rd, 2007, 03:25 PM
We are flying into Sao Paulo, Brazil and would like to continue to Iguazu Falls before flying to Buenos Aires to catch our cruise. We can find flights to Iguazu from BA, but can't find a thing from Sao Paulo. Any help?

Splinter
February 3rd, 2007, 09:14 PM
When I did this in 2002, I flew on Varig from Sao Paulo, but I think they have gone out of business. According to my search, TAM still has flights from Sao Paulo to Iguassu (IGU). http://www.tamairlines.com/b2c/jsp/default.jhtml Your TA should be able to book this for you. Be sure you are using that spelling for Iguassu (Iguazu is the Spanish spelling and used in Argentina).

dileep
February 3rd, 2007, 09:43 PM
I think there are separate airports on the Argentina and Brazil sides.

Aussie Gal
February 4th, 2007, 02:07 AM
I think there are separate airports on the Argentina and Brazil sides.
Yes there are two airports at the Falls, one on the Argentinian side and one on the Brazilian. We flew into the Brazilian side on Varig but they have now folded so am not sure whom you would fly with from Sao Paulo.

The airport code is IGU and the airport is at Parana, Brazil.

Jennie

dileep
February 4th, 2007, 07:52 PM
Yes there are two airports at the Falls, one on the Argentinian side and one on the Brazilian. We flew into the Brazilian side on Varig but they have now folded so am not sure whom you would fly with from Sao Paulo.

The airport code is IGU and the airport is at Parana, Brazil.

Jennie
There is als another Brazilian airline - TAM.

Splinter
February 5th, 2007, 01:38 AM
Did anyone actually read my response above before responding?????

Kentuckytwo
February 6th, 2007, 02:58 PM
I appreciate all the info. I was using the wrong language for the Brazilian side. TAM does indeed fly into IGU from Sau Paulo. Several fly into IGR, the Argentina side, from Buenos Aires. Thanks for the info I was missing.