PG--Email access and cost?

kdj

I was wondering if I can email/video conference with my kids while I am on board the PG 3/24 sailing? Also, does anyone know the cost of email access?

I've read that there is email access but not internet access--but this was from a post several years ago.

Anyone willing to share current info would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!

kdj

You can buy an internet package. I think it's $55.00 for 100 minutes. Know that it is a bit slower than at home, but, it works just fine. You can access your regular email from the internet or they have some icons for yahoo, aol etc. You can surf the net on the same package if you need to a well. But there are some blocked sites. It works quite well.

• 2 weeks later...

I am just off the PG. Internet access was 35 cents a minute or you can by a package of 100 minutes for $25. There was also another package with more minutes at a lower price but I can't remember exactly what that was. There was also an initial sign up fee of $3.95. Access speed was slow but not too bad.

• 6 years later...

I think i am coming to the party very late, but i also am wondering the cost of email access. Any response to your query? I know the answer might be dated but i might give me a link to follow.

Thanks

I think i am coming to the party very late, but i also am wondering the cost of email access. Any response to your query? I know the answer might be dated but i might give me a link to follow.

Thanks

Ia Orana FJNY1,

Internet access is available for a nominal fee on both the m/s Paul Gauguin and m/v Tere Moana and will be billed directly to your onboard account. After a one-time account activation fee of $3.95, applicable to all users at first login, you may choose from the following three plans:

• Time Plan #1: $62.50 for 250 minutes ($0.25 per minute)
  • Time Plan #2: $35.00 for 100 minutes ($0.35 per minute)
  • Pay As You Go: $0.55 per minute

For more information on internet access on the ships, please visit: http://www.pgcruises.com/faqs.

We purchased internet minutes (250 minutes for 62$) on board and brought our own laptop. We did the Skype by phone a few times and were able to do a video Skype twice. The connection was not strong enough in our cabin, but it worked great from the internet room. We called our kids back home every 2-3 days and other than then 2 second delay, did not have issues. This was in September.

We purchased internet minutes (250 minutes for 62$) on board and brought our own laptop. We did the Skype by phone a few times and were able to do a video Skype twice. The connection was not strong enough in our cabin, but it worked great from the internet room. We called our kids back home every 2-3 days and other than then 2 second delay, did not have issues. This was in September.

The place that has always worked the best for me is the pool bar. At least I THINK it worked...things are a LITTLE fuzzy.:o

I would also suggest that if you want to skype or video conference - when you get off the ship in Moorea and/or Bora Bora there are a couple of cafes where if you just order a tea/coffee or a couple of $$$ you get free wifi - no time limits! Or near Le Marche there is plenty of free wifi available.

• 1 month later...

For internet access throughout French Polynesia you can buy 5 hours for $25 from ManaSpot at http://www.Manaspot.pf . There are hot spots all over the islands, mostly at the post offices. You can buy the card at their main office on boulevard Pomare between the Vaima Centre and the main post office in Papeete. Another provider is HotSpot-WDG at http://www.hotspot-wdg.com . You can also buy the time online when you connect to their wifi network. In Moorea the Mana hotspot is at the post office about 1/4 mile from the tender dock and in Raiatea it is in the building right next to the pier where the PG docks. In Bora Bora the post office is about 1/4 south of the tender dock.