PDA

View Full Version : Joystar Group???

O2cruise
May 30th, 2007, 02:31 PM
When googling my ship and sail date the Joystar Group - block space is listed. Does anyone have any idea who/what this is? Thanks!

hammybee
May 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM
Travel agencies routinely host group cruises. They are onboard almost every sailing.

O2B@C
May 30th, 2007, 02:38 PM
I Googled it, and it looks like it's a consolidator - i.e., a company that books blocks of space and resells them, partly through travel agents and partly to corporations for use for incentive travel. So the people who end up occupying those cabins might or might not be an actual group.

lvtotrvl1
May 30th, 2007, 02:38 PM
As hammy said..Joystar is an agency ...they must have blocked space on the cruise. Most sailings will have groups blocked by agencies.

hammybee
May 30th, 2007, 03:11 PM
As hammy said..Joystar is an agency ...they must have blocked space on the cruise. Most sailings will have groups blocked by agencies.

The travel agency that goes by an triple vowel, is present on almost every cruise.

O2cruise
May 30th, 2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the information. I was aftaid it was some large group promoting life happiness or something :)

DFD1
May 30th, 2007, 04:19 PM
That might not be so bad.

gratefulguy
May 30th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Just for Fun:
We know what you meant Marie, but isn't every CC member promoting "Life Happiness" on every cruise we take?!!

O2cruise
May 31st, 2007, 09:27 AM
gratefulguy - LOL Good point. Promoting it I'll go for - "selling" it ..... no thanks :)

kryos
May 31st, 2007, 11:26 AM
And you won't even know those kinds of "groups" are sailing with you. They have very little in the way of group activities during their cruise ... maybe a private cocktail party or something like that ... but that's about it.

You'll get TA groups on every cruise. We even had one quite large one on my Hawaii/South Pacific in January 2006. We only knew they were there because they all had these paper pineapples on their stateroom doors ... and we noticed there were an awful lot of pineapples hanging around. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita