PDA

View Full Version : What color shoes with celery or "celadon" colored dress

vjmatty
June 2nd, 2007, 12:27 PM
The ony thing I can come up with is silver, but that is more for ice blue than ice green, isn't it? I am not fond of how the gold sandals they show here look with this dress. However, my gown is floor length.

http://store.tjformal.com/asp/images/18611-02-b.jpg

suezyq50
June 2nd, 2007, 01:00 PM
Pretty color. Silver or a champagne color would work. I like to buy 2-3 prs, go home, try them on and decide. Than I return the ones I odn't like.

Chigirlcruzin
June 2nd, 2007, 01:18 PM
That's a great dress! I like the gold they show with it. I agree the silver wouldn't look quite right. I'm thinking champagne or cream/ivory.

JCDeck
June 2nd, 2007, 01:32 PM
How about something like those clear sandles with a real pretty heel and a rhinestone accent very neutral, (Cinderella like).We were just on the Century where we had 3formal nights and I took shoes like that for all three gowns.
Nordstroms.com has hundreds and hundreds of shoes usually with free shipping.
Jennifer

Happy ks
June 2nd, 2007, 01:40 PM
I think I would take the dress shoe shopping with me. There is nothing like seeing them together to get a better idea. That way, you can try on the shoes and dress at the same time (if you go to a department store).

I do love your dress, celadon is a favorite color of mine. :)

eandj
June 2nd, 2007, 02:43 PM
I think the soft gold on the model looks very pretty. A very glitzy gold would be too harsh. OR you might go for a shade that matches your skin tone..biege, cream etc. I think it's a beautiful color.

Cruzfan34
June 2nd, 2007, 02:48 PM
I agree with eandj....maybe a more toned-down gold shoe would look nice, although I like the bright gold also.

MrsAggie
June 2nd, 2007, 02:54 PM
My daughter got a Celodon colored dress for prom this year and wore some little strappy silver heels that matched great.
Love the dress by the way!:D
Christy

TITISSA
June 2nd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Gorgeous dress! Definetly silver or champagne sandals. I hope this dress travels well.

cb at sea
June 2nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
I think the gold sandals with that color look fabulous! A small, subdued gold bag would bring the whole look together!

Lois R
June 2nd, 2007, 03:29 PM
Hi,:) I must tell you I think that the dress is absolutely
beautiful!!!!!
I don't always see dresses from pictures that say "buy me"
but that one does;)
May I ask where you purchased it?

It is just so lovely!!!

Ehpride
June 2nd, 2007, 04:13 PM
I wore a celadon dress for formal night last time and wore silver shoes and accessories with it. I thought it was a perfect combination.

ChefPeg
June 2nd, 2007, 04:33 PM
Oh, I love your dress. i would wear silver or champagne. I think you would get a lot of wear out of either of those colors. I see champagne a lot these days.

vjmatty
June 2nd, 2007, 07:14 PM
Hi,:) I must tell you I think that the dress is absolutely
beautiful!!!!!
I don't always see dresses from pictures that say "buy me"
but that one does;)
May I ask where you purchased it?

It is just so lovely!!!

I bought it at a local formal shop, but anyone who carries Mori Lee formal wear should have it ;)

Thanks everyone for the compliments and advice. I never thought of champagne shoes, may try that first. Since it is a two piece I can carry just the top piece around when I go shopping.

trarecar
June 2nd, 2007, 07:45 PM
I third (or fourth) the champagne, or bone color - if it has a little sparkle in it, not flat-colored.

Lois R
June 2nd, 2007, 07:47 PM
Hi:) the dress is actually 2 pieces?
I would never have guessed! I thought it was a full dress!
As much as I love wearing dresses on formal nights, dressy
skirts and tops are fun as well:D
I really thought it was a dress!

vjmatty
June 2nd, 2007, 08:03 PM

Yes! They make them that way so you can choose the length of dress as well as the bodice style and then just put them together.

Jane110
June 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
I third (or fourth) the champagne, or bone color - if it has a little sparkle in it, not flat-colored.

I agree. A creme colored matte leather would not work.

I also agree with the suggestion that a soft gold, not a glitzy or deep shade, would work very well with that beautiful dress.

Another option would be a soft color, like creme or soft gold with clear stones adorning them.

A few years ago I bought a pair of Prada silk satin slides in a medium shade of sage green. Sounds weird, but they would have been perfect with your dress.

Take the skirt shopping with you and hold it in front of you when you try on shoes. You may come up with something that's unexpected and incredible looking.

Happy ks
June 2nd, 2007, 09:12 PM
Yes! They make them that way so you can choose the length of dress as well as the bodice style and then just put them together.

I thought it was a one piece dress too :)

I've seen this before for bridesmaids and I think it is a wonderful idea. A bride can choose a fabric and color, the style can be suited to each individuals body, rather than the same dress for all. Brilliant.

I like the idea because I'm 2 different sizes, my top is larger than the bottom.

vjmatty
June 2nd, 2007, 09:26 PM
I
I've seen this before for bridesmaids and I think it is a wonderful idea. A bride can choose a fabric and color, the style can be suited to each individuals body, rather than the same dress for all. Brilliant.

:o Actually, I think this IS intended as a bridesmaid's dress, but luckily they've come a long way since the taffeta and chiffon mega puff-balls of the 80's ;)

Wadadli1
June 2nd, 2007, 10:32 PM
The ony thing I can come up with is silver, but that is more for ice blue than ice green, isn't it? I am not fond of how the gold sandals they show here look with this dress. However, my gown is floor length.

What about the color they currently call "pewter", or, as another poster said, a champagne color?

Isn't celedon a lovely color? Got to be just about the most beautiful shade of green when you're wanting a dress, though a dark emerald green could be equally so.

Lynn the Cruiser
June 2nd, 2007, 11:00 PM
My daughter had that color prom drees once and wore silver strappy sandals and it looked great!

vjmatty
June 2nd, 2007, 11:07 PM
What about the color they currently call "pewter", or, as another poster said, a champagne color?

Isn't celedon a lovely color? Got to be just about the most beautiful shade of green when you're wanting a dress, though a dark emerald green could be equally so.

Oh I LOVE emerald green... and emeralds! I used to wear it a lot more when I had red hair.

I like the celedon too because with olive skin I really can't usually wear light green or any pastel, but for some reason the celadon doesn't clash with my coloring.

codyody
June 3rd, 2007, 10:50 PM
I just bought a pair at Dillards (on the clearance rack - $22.00!) that I think would be perfect. They are champagne with a few rhinestones, with just a few thin straps. Good hunting! BTW, won't that top look fab later with a long black skirt?

Curt Jerome Wild
June 4th, 2007, 01:58 AM

Hey there! I'm going to answer based on a lot of the previous info, if I manage to quote it all correctly...
First of all they are showing gold sandals, because the model is a blonde/Spring coloring, so that is what looks most "neutral" on that specific model for the picture...
I never thought of champagne shoes, may try that first. Since it is a two piece I can carry just the top piece around when I go shopping.
You're talking shoes, so actually with a floor length dress, you're really going to do best trying on with the entire thing, as your shoes will get that "peeking out from under the floor length" surprise effect, that you won't see or get without the skirt portion, when trying shoes out!;)
Take the skirt shopping with you and hold it in front of you when you try on shoes. You may come up with something that's unexpected and incredible looking.
And as usual, Jane110 and I are on the same virtual page...:p
Yep, you need the skirt with you...
Then, going outside the box here...
It seems like you are a Winter tone, and that is why the celedon works for you better than other greens...
AND it is floor length!
So, I agree on the "soft" metallics, mentioned above...
But, just for fun...
What could totally work with your coloring and be fun, and new, and unexpected, is something in Icy Pink, Icy Violet, Deep Hot Pink, Magenta, or Fuchsia!

On a floor length, it is a contrast (but tone match) to the dress, and also compliments your skin tone (then just have one accessory that matches, handbag, clutch, earrings, etc.)...

Think something like this:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73137622.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB880AF1A497F5183A
(Different colors, but the contrast color tone on floor length)
link (if it doesn't show up)
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73137622.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABB880AF1A497F5183A

Or this on a shorter length:
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73005362.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBB9075DAB120B4899
(Also different colors, but same idea on the complimentary but contrasting colors)
link (if it doesn't show up)
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73005362.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBB9075DAB120B4899 (http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/73005362.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF193875DCB1DD8387ABBB9075DAB120B4899 )
It works either way, just other ideas to get everyone's creative fashion minds working...
Have fun!
CJW

RI-Sailor
June 4th, 2007, 02:08 AM
I don't know if it's me or not, but I'm getting red X's for the photos and a "You are not authorized" notice when I click on the links, Curt!

(FYI: I am up at an insane hour!)

Curt Jerome Wild
June 4th, 2007, 02:19 AM
I don't know if it's me or not, but I'm getting red X's for the photos and a "You are not authorized" notice when I click on the links, Curt!
(FYI: I am up at an insane hour!)
Try this...

Curt Jerome Wild
June 4th, 2007, 02:20 AM
and this...

Warm Breezes
June 4th, 2007, 11:16 AM
My daughter is wearing that color dress in a wedding this summer and has silver ballet shoes to wear with it.

anniecat
June 4th, 2007, 09:50 PM
my friends daughter had 'celadon bridesmaids' with a muted dark green (almost olive but not quite) shoes and bags...dyed to match. very elegant with pale white roses
...........forget the roses though:rolleyes:
nice dress.........

RI-Sailor
June 4th, 2007, 10:28 PM
my friends daughter had 'celadon bridesmaids' with a muted dark green (almost olive but not quite) shoes and bags...dyed to match. very elegant with pale white roses
...........forget the roses though:rolleyes:
nice dress.........

Whaddaya mean forget the roses?? :eek: :D How about working them in? ;) OK, OK, not a bridesmaid's bouquet, but how about a couple in one's hair or just carrying a single one from that special someone (hint, hint!). Or is that going "overboard" (arrgg!).

Curt - OK, I've see the pictures now! Thanks!

Payd
June 4th, 2007, 10:39 PM
What could totally work with your coloring and be fun, and new, and unexpected, is something in Icy Pink, Icy Violet, Deep Hot Pink, Magenta, or Fuchsia!

Ginny,

Depends on your mood...it really is a beautiful dress.

From what I have been reading an outstanding color peeking out from your floor length formal would be really great on a day that you are feeling vivacious.

If you want to blend a bit the champagne color is a great suggestion.

Send through some pictures once you come up with more options.

Payd

theAdmiral
June 5th, 2007, 01:02 PM
with Curt Jerome Wild. A nice pop of color would make the dress look great. If not, metallics are everywhere and it should be easy to find a pair you love.

vjmatty
June 5th, 2007, 04:55 PM
Whaddaya mean forget the roses?? :eek: How about working them in? ;) OK, OK, not a bridesmaid's bouquet, but how about a couple in one's hair or just carrying a single one from that special someone (hint, hint!). Or is that going "overboard" (arrgg!).

Curt - OK, I've see the pictures now! Thanks!

:) I agree... I actually love little decorative details like that. Even the models shoes with the leaves would be nice if it weren't such a bold metallic. Of course in light of Curt's observation, maybe that wouldn't be bad either.

:confused: So many choices, looks like we just have to go SHOPPING! And its raining today, might as well! ;)

ldock
June 5th, 2007, 06:10 PM
How about something like those clear sandles with a real pretty heel and a rhinestone accent very neutral, (Cinderella like).

Exactly what i was picturing, my SIL has a pair, they lok great with almost anything, this could cut down on the shoe packing, my second choice would be champagne.

JCDeck
June 5th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Exactly what i was picturing, my SIL has a pair, they lok great with almost anything, this could cut down on the shoe packing, my second choice would be champagne.

I took a pair on our last cruise and they went with every formal dress I took, Hunter Green. Black and White, Midnight Blue plus they went with a couple pairs of silk pants. Shoes are a packing problem for me.

Clutterlady
June 6th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Yep...clear or champagne is the only way to go with that great dress!!

manunch
June 6th, 2007, 08:03 PM
What about something similar to this? From Nordstrom's website.

http://a1216.g.akamai.net/f/1216/955/6h/images2.nordstrom.com/ImageGallery/store/Product/Medium/8/_5428028.jpg (http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2931338/0~2376778~2372808~6007401?mediumthumbnail=Y&origin=category&searchtype=&pbo=6007401&P=1)

vjmatty
June 6th, 2007, 09:13 PM
VERY nice manuch.... you know my style ;)

happysinglemom
June 6th, 2007, 10:21 PM

Many of my formal outfits consist of a long formal skirt, and a "fancy" top. I can mix and match tops with a black satin skirt...and get much more use out it. I love formal attire period, but I actually prefer the look of of a top & skirt combo - I think they are usually more flattering. :)

As far as the celadon dress - it is gorgeous. But I would definitely choose gold shoes...I always wear gold with those shades of green...I think it looks very elegant!!