Our Wedding Shower

We just had our co-ed wedding shower on July 1st. My brother & sister n law had it for us at their house. It was so awesome.We had it by the pool and mexican food was catered. My brother said they spent about $1000.00 dollars, however they went all out. We had a great time. We invited 50 people and about 40 showed up. We ended up doing very well in the gift department! We had told our family to spread the word that if any one wanted to know what to get us, we would like money for our cruise since it is our honeymoon too. We ended up getting close to $1000.00 dollars!!! That is going to help us out alot.

I am so glad that we had the party, it gave people that wont be able to come with us on the cruise a chance to be part of our wedding. And it helped us get some extra $$$ for the cruise.

If any of you are thinking about having a wedding shower you should, it is amazing how generous friends and family can be :)

Wow, that is really great! How nice of your brother and sister-in-law to host such a nice party for you!

Now comes the fun part, the thank you cards! (Although I think they are kind of fun!) ;)

It really is nice that so many of your friends and family came to support you even though they won't be able to make it to the wedding. That would mean a lot to me, even more than the gifts!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

Our Bon Voyage shower was this weekend and it was really nice! We received over $1200 in cash/checks and $300 in gift cards and silver ware! We will be able take all the excursions we wanted and eat in both of the specialty restaurants! I am working on my thank you cards and when I return I am going to do a cruise in review DVD and send it out to everyone as an additional thank you!

Archived