unique pix ideas?

gnu-attitude

I took photos of rows of empty sunbeds.

My feet resting on the rear of the ship with the wake in view.

Life vests and boats

A large coil of rope

"draw" a message in the sand and take a photo of that.

Kids footprints in the sand as they walk away from you.

Get someone to take a photo of you looking out to sea.

Look around the ship for brightly coloured objects and take photos of only part of it.

The ice sculptures(sp)

"local" people

I took a nice photo of a crew member standing with his back to me and the city at dusk in the background. I even got the ships life ring in it too. I asked his permission he also took one of me.

I suppose make sure you are in a few pictures too.

Problem is the more photos you take the more there is to scrap.....

Not sure if this is nonsense but this is what my photography lecturer told me a few years ago: When taking a photo, go for an angle that is unsual or one that is not usually seen when walking around. As in, take a picture of something from ground level or near the ground, as in really near.

Or focus really really close onto something. You'll get a small part of it and can keep people guessing what it was.

Okay. So maybe my photography leans more to the artistic side. LOL

If you have kids this is a great game if you can trust them with your camera.

While waiting for dinner etc, one will go and take photo of something obscure from an odd angle or zoomed in real close, the other has to try and guess what it is. You can easily just delete these photos but some my kids have taken we have even had printed. They do see things differently from us.

I agree with the ground level concept. When I got married my photographer took a picture with his camera on the floor from the back of the aisle and the picture came out phenomenal. He got the design of the church as well as us up at the alter.

Diane

If you go to a church or building with a domed or unique ceiling.........set you camera on the self timer......place it on the floor, pointing straight up.......set off the timer.....and you will get a tripod quality photo of the dome / ceiling.

You might have to wait until people clear away.....but once they see what you are doing they will stand back for a few seconds to let you get the photo.

If you have kids this is a great game if you can trust them with your camera.

While waiting for dinner etc, one will go and take photo of something obscure from an odd angle or zoomed in real close, the other has to try and guess what it is. You can easily just delete these photos but some my kids have taken we have even had printed. They do see things differently from us.

Great idea. I wouldn't delete them. It would make a really fun scrapbook for them.

• 4 weeks later...
While on the beach sitting in the sand with your legs stretched out in front of you while looking at the ocean, take a picture of your just your feet and the ocean. It's a very neat pic.

One of my favorite photos from my last cruise is of me on a deck chair. I took it myself while seated, of my crossed legs and feet, with the railing and ocean in the background.

Cute picture - AND - I look very thin!!!;)

Carole

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some great ideas here!

I always have somebody take a picture of me enjoying my first cocktail.

Back in the day when we drank a lot, I saved all my bar receipts, and I took a picture of all of them, fanned out on the floor.

T

Archived