PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storm Chantal - Rerouting??

amy2313
July 31st, 2007, 02:06 PM
Just read online: "Tropical Storm Chantal formed Tuesday between Bermuda and Massachusetts, becoming the third named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season."

I was wondering if any cruises had been re-routed due to the storm and if so where I could find this information. I have friends on a current RC cruise to Bermuda and want to know if they got there.

Thanks!

Sue L
July 31st, 2007, 02:19 PM
The storm is going northeast away from Bermuda there should be no problems

amy2313
July 31st, 2007, 02:29 PM
The storm is going northeast away from Bermuda there should be no problems

Thank you!!

Do you (or anyone) happen to know if there is a website that tracks where ships are or weather related information on re-routing of itineraries can be found?

Sue L
July 31st, 2007, 02:32 PM
This is a great weather site. http://www.wunderground.com/ which shows the tropical maps and such

But you really don't have to worry it is going wayyyy north

psbcap
July 31st, 2007, 02:37 PM
This is a great weather site. http://www.wunderground.com/ which shows the tropical maps and such

But you really don't have to worry it is going wayyyy north

Also try cruisecal.com

isujim
July 31st, 2007, 02:44 PM
Most cruiselines will put on page 1 of their website any change of itinerary due to tropical storms or hurricanes. I know RC is very good about this.

Sue L
July 31st, 2007, 02:46 PM
Most cruiselines will put on page 1 of their website any change of itinerary due to tropical storms or hurricanes. I know RC is very good about this.

It has been so long since we have had storm (knock wood) that I forgot they did that!

isujim
July 31st, 2007, 02:50 PM
It has been so long since we have had storm (knock wood) that I forgot they did that!

Been a good two years..........let's hope it stays that way for the next 60 days:)

AFT_LOVER
July 31st, 2007, 03:01 PM
but Iceland is the direct hit at 45 mph per my weather friend.