PDA

View Full Version : Cornhole Competition -- warning, photo attached!

Thirsty Cruiser
August 17th, 2007, 05:51 PM
The mystery ends here:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/dsabre/corholioII.jpg

I hope I don't regret starting this thread.:D

BoooR6
August 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
I love cornhole! Which ships is it played on?

farler05
August 17th, 2007, 06:01 PM
Cornhole is on the cruiselines???? Sweet!! Cornhole originated in Cincinnati & I love how it's all over the place now.:D

sunlover5
August 17th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Yes, which ship? Maybe the champ will win a free cruise!!!!!!!

big_duck
August 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM

All of them, and only if they are small enough to cruise on a solid gold plastic ship on a stick. ;)

wasiii
August 17th, 2007, 06:08 PM
I love cornhole! Which ships is it played on?

.....your next cruise?

Thirsty Cruiser
August 17th, 2007, 06:09 PM
On the Miracle, maybe others. It was a lot of fun!!

Ok_Cruiser
August 17th, 2007, 06:10 PM
Looks like a similar game found at tailgating events locally. Ours is called Washers and as it sounds is played with painted washers as oppossed to bags full of corn.

Either way a fun game. And I guess you could bring your own cornhole game on the ship. My washer boards are portable, have hinges and fold small enought to fit in a large suitcase without taking up too much room.

enjoyinglife
August 17th, 2007, 06:34 PM
Looks like a similar game found at tailgating events locally. Ours is called Washers and as it sounds is played with painted washers as oppossed to bags full of corn.

Either way a fun game. And I guess you could bring your own cornhole game on the ship. My washer boards are portable, have hinges and fold small enought to fit in a large suitcase without taking up too much room.

We have seen the washer games at several campgrounds, but the first time I saw cornhole was on the Victory in February.

Wennfred
August 17th, 2007, 06:38 PM
Never heard of Cornhole, whats the object of the game?

Fred

Irish708
August 17th, 2007, 06:40 PM
Not getting what it is, can you explain ?
Thanks!

GottaLuvCruising
August 17th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Never heard of it either! Now we have a Californian, Floridian and Mainer who don't know what it is...where is "cornhole" from?

Sue L
August 17th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Never heard of it either! Now we have a Californian, Floridian and Mainer who don't know what it is...where is "cornhole" from?

Add a New Yorker too, have no idea!! The picture didn't clue me in either!

Wennfred
August 17th, 2007, 07:09 PM

Im originally from Brooklyn New York, the word Cornhole or Bunhole doesn't sound like a good word :confused: Hope its not a game from the Movie Deliverance, Onik Onik,

Fred

tandemcruzr
August 17th, 2007, 07:10 PM
a bean bag (full of corn instead of beans?) tossed to a platform with a hole in it. You score points if your bag goes in the hole. Guessing here---:D

Flip2cruise
August 17th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Its a pretty big thing here in Ohio, among rural folks. Some call it Hillbilly Golf

There are thousands of versions and variations on rules for cornhole. The ones posted below are only one way of playing the game. Cornhole Boards
1. Place on a flat surface 27 feet apart (front to front).
2. The cornhole board surface should be 2' x 4'.
3. A 6” hole, centered 9” from the back and 12” from either side
Cornhole Bags
1. There should be 8 bags, 4 bags of each color.
2. Each bag should be 6 inches by 6 inches and have 1 pound of corn inserted into each bag.
Point System
- 3 points for a cornhole bag that goes through the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging into the hole.
- 1 point for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the edge but not touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is on the playing surface, but also touching the ground.
- 0 points for a cornhole bag that is hanging off the front edge and is resting on a cornhole bag that is on the ground. If you can remove the bag on the ground without the one on the board falling then a point is given.
1. The team with the highest round score, adds the difference of the two scores to their game score.
2. The team who wins the round is given honors to throw first in the next round.
3. If both cornhole teams have the same round score then the game score stays the same and honors stays with the team who had it the previous round.
Cornhole Fouls
1. A cornhole players foot goes past the foot foul line. (front of the cornhole board)
2. A Player goes out of turn.
- The throw the foul occurs on is voided. If the bag is on the board remove it.
Game Play
1. In doubles play partners shall stand at opposite cornhole boards on the same side. In singles play both players will throw from the same board.
2. Each cornhole team will have 4 bags of one color.
3. All 8 cornhole bags begin at one end.
4. A coin flip or rock/paper/scissors determines witch cornhole team has honors in round one.
5. The team who has honors will begin play by throwing a cornhole bag at the opposite cornhole board.
6. A cornhole player may throw from anywhere behind the front of the cornhole board they are throwing from.
7. Alternate throws between the two opponents until all 8 cornhole bags have been thrown.
8. If a cornhole bag hits the ground then bounces up onto the board, remove that bag for it does not count.
9. Count the points scored during the round. If no team has reached the 21 point mark start the next round until a team reaches 21. The team that scores the highest amount of points on the previous round will have honors.

Lv2Camp&Cruise
August 17th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Never heard of Cornhole, whats the object of the game?

Fred

Here are the rules of the game. It is played a lot in the campgrounds here in Tennessee.

http://www.playcornhole.org/rules.shtml

Mysticks1
August 17th, 2007, 07:12 PM
I saw that game for the first time a couple of weeks ago at my DH's family get together. They had a home made set and were playing. They saw it at a NASCAR race and said it was popular with the infield RV crowd.

It is similiar to horseshoes. The object is of course to throw the corn filled bag into the hole but you get points for making it onto the board. Sorry but that is all that I learned maybe someone else can give more info.

Wennfred
August 17th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Here are the rules of the game. It is played a lot in the campgrounds here in Tennessee.

ACA SANCTIONED TOURNAMENT PLAY even, I wonder if this will end up on ESPN2 ???

Sucks if they have those wavy lines on the floor as that will throw you off abit.

Thanks for the link.

Fred

Leo Jay
August 17th, 2007, 07:23 PM
Oh, this is that standard amusement park 'win-a-tacky-stuffed-animall' game that's been around forever... didn't realize it had become a 'thing' :D

wasiii
August 17th, 2007, 07:29 PM
Im originally from Brooklyn New York, the word Cornhole or Bunhole doesn't sound like a good word :confused: Hope its not a game from the Movie Deliverance, Onik Onik,

Fred

.....Bunghole!

Didn't want you to be out of the loop!

:)

MizzCard
August 17th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Cornhole & Bocce are standard games out at the beach!

Thirsty Cruiser
August 17th, 2007, 07:46 PM
To clarify, on the ship points scored by opposing teams negated each other, so if I got one in the cornhole and 2 on the board, and my opponent got 2 on the board, it would be 3 points.
Also, whenever a cornhole was scored, everyone in attendance shouted "Corn Hole!!" Kinda added to the excitement:D

Wennfred
August 17th, 2007, 07:48 PM
so if I got one in the cornhole and 2 on the board, and my opponent got 2 on the board, it would be 3 points.

Oh heck no, theres no way in Heck that Im going to add or use my brain while on vacation :D

Fred

CorbinCatFan
August 17th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Oh heck no, theres no way in Heck that Im going to add or use my brain while on vacation :D

Fred

Heck, you can corn hole and drink beer.

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/9388/2196400000098903857S500x500Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2196400000098903857irysLb)

wasiii
August 17th, 2007, 08:58 PM
Heck, you can corn hole and drink beer.

http://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/9388/2196400000098903857S500x500Q85.jpg (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2196400000098903857irysLb)

.....what exactly does your picture have to do with anything?

:confused:

Thirsty Cruiser
August 17th, 2007, 09:06 PM
.....what exactly your picture has to do with anything?

Why, those folks are obviously corn holing (Is that the correct usage?)

dec2007w3boys
August 17th, 2007, 09:08 PM
.....what exactly does your picture have
to do with anything?

Easy, looks like some one tailgating, playing corn hole and drinking beer. Very, very popular in Ohio - people have signs out in front of their houses advertising home-made ones for sale. We play it quite frequently - very addicting!

Washers is very similar - we have made a set of both. I guess we make our own entertainment here??

Irish708
August 17th, 2007, 09:13 PM

Fred

Originally from the Bronx, asked a few others and they too, thought it " might" be an inference for something no decent Carnival folks would partake in:D Glad to know, we were wrong !:p

sherin65
August 17th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Will "Laddergolf" (also known as Hillbilly Golf and Hoosier Golf) be next? I hope so! :D

Sher

sea_u_onboard
August 17th, 2007, 09:40 PM
My family hadn't played in years and then BAM - they had it on the Spirit.

When we got home we looked the instructions up on the internet and made a set this week. http://www.missouriscenicrivers.com/cornholeplans2.html

Instead of dried corn I used pinto beans.

Wennfred
August 17th, 2007, 10:17 PM
Instead of dried corn I used pinto beans.

You are in total violation of the official rules of Cornholing:

Section B. Off The Courts - Any ACA member who indulges in heckling, unfair rooting, or any other form of unsportsmanlike conduct toward any ACA member or tournament official, shall be subject to expulsion from the tournament and the tournament site. This covers any inappropriate behavior (including profane or abusive language) in, or around, the court area. The use of any item other then an official Cornhole Bag will totally disqualify you, items not to be used are (Pinto Bean Bags and Beer Bottle Cap Bag) The member shall also be subject to a one year suspension from the ACA.

finoky
August 17th, 2007, 10:33 PM
I am actually pretty good at that game. Our family has been playing it for a few years. We first saw it on the beach at the Outer Banks of NC.

sea_u_onboard
August 17th, 2007, 10:39 PM
You are in total violation of the official rules of Cornholing:

Section B. Off The Courts - Any ACA member who indulges in heckling, unfair rooting, or any other form of unsportsmanlike conduct toward any ACA member or tournament official, shall be subject to expulsion from the tournament and the tournament site. This covers any inappropriate behavior (including profane or abusive language) in, or around, the court area. The use of any item other then an official Cornhole Bag will totally disqualify you, items not to be used are (Pinto Bean Bags and Beer Bottle Cap Bag) The member shall also be subject to a one year suspension from the ACA.

Dang - I guess I have to sit on the bench :D

Dawn125408
August 17th, 2007, 11:05 PM
This is too funny.....I showed this to my DH tonight because I have never seen it before. He took one look and said a bunch of guys were playing this all last weekend at the NASCAR campgrounds in Watkins Glen. He was laughing because the guys were all smashed while playing.

voyagerfl
August 17th, 2007, 11:28 PM
LoL..........Guess the funs over......! The games getting to well known!

I've always gotten a real bang out of telling my co-workers about how my Family, back in the hills of Indiana, play a little game called Corn Hole...:eek:
(yes along the Ohio River, Indiana does have hills)

They even have Tournaments at the 4-H fair and the (are you ready for this) Navy Bean Festival !

Kcarp
August 17th, 2007, 11:42 PM
the word Cornhole or Bunhole doesn't sound like a good word :confused: Hope its not a game from the Movie Deliverance, Onik Onik,

Fred
LMAO!!!

voyagerfl
August 17th, 2007, 11:43 PM
[quote=Wennfred;11270538]You are in total violation of the official rules of Cornholing:

HeH HeH HeH HeH
http://lifevoyager.net/images/beavis1.gif It is I "The Great Cornholio" http://lifevoyager.net/images/beavis1.gif

Skeeter1602
August 18th, 2007, 12:38 AM
[quote=Wennfred;11270538]You are in total violation of the official rules of Cornholing:

HeH HeH HeH HeH
http://lifevoyager.net/images/beavis1.gif It is I "The Great Cornholio" http://lifevoyager.net/images/beavis1.gif

"I need TP for my Bunghole"............Said in best Beavis voice:D

popcorngal
August 18th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Even as a native Buckeye, I had never heard of it (as a game at least:eek:) until I moved South. Down here, they even have signs on telephone poles advertising cornhole bags for sale. I've never played it, but it's good to see the actual rules posted!

777mjrseb
August 18th, 2007, 01:16 AM
We Played it on The Carnival Valor... lots of fun!!! :D

henepup
August 18th, 2007, 01:29 AM
They made a movie about it in Ohio earlier this year. I can't remeber the name.

dafish
August 18th, 2007, 11:57 AM
:) Attention: News Flash!

Today the world of tournament corn hole was turned upside down when champion Gary Bittawiener received a lifetime ban by the International Tournament of Corn Holers, the governing body of worldwide Corn Hole tournaments. ITCH spokeswoman Sarah Broomwad stated that the lifetime suspension was not related to the disqualification of Gary during this years championship qualifying round but was because of use of a banned substance.

Gary, the winner of the last six international corn hole tournaments, was disqualified when his corn bag burst during a toss effectively spilling the beans. Gary was apparently using beanbags instead of corn bags during the tournament. Per ITCH rules and regulations chairperson, Nick Noogie, beanbags are banned due to their unfair advantage over corn bags. “Beans are more aerodynamic.” Nick explained. “Because of their rounded oblong shape of beans they fly through the air more cleanly as than the almost square shape of the corn kernel. They also provide less friction when hitting the corn hole. This and because this is a corn bag tournament and not a bean bag tournament they are banned in ITCH sanctioned tournaments.” Gary, in a statement to the press, claimed that he had picked up a beanbag that he had used during practice by mistake. “I would never knowingly do anything to undermine the credibility of a sanctioned corn hole competition. I think the disqualification was overly harsh and I plan to appeal.” Gary pledged.

During the appeals hearing it was brought up that Gary had also used the banned drug “Eyeballscoopie” during the competition resulting in the life time ban by the ITCH committee that was hearing the appeal.
Eyeballscoopie is a drug that increases pressure inside the eyeball chamber causing the cornea to bulge forward as much a three inches. This gives the user an advantage in corn holing because their eyes are in affect three inches closer to the target than other competitors.

In a statement Gary plans to appeal the appeal that he had appealed

enjoyinglife
August 18th, 2007, 12:12 PM
Will "Laddergolf" (also known as Hillbilly Golf and Hoosier Golf) be next? I hope so! :D

Sher

I love this game. We play it at campgrounds and call it ladderball, but heard it called other things. Keep saying we are going to make one, but have never got around it. Someone told me they have it at there walmart, but ours doesnt carry it. Luckily for us, our camping buddies bring it, other ones bring Bocce, maybe we need to invest in cornhole.:p

neverpar
August 18th, 2007, 12:20 PM
We call it Bean Bag Horseshoes here......A friend from Indiana showed us how to play.......it's a lot of fun! I hope they have it on the Pride!!

dugoutdiva
August 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM

Today the world of tournament corn hole was turned upside down when champion Gary Bittawiener received a lifetime ban by the International Tournament of Corn Holers, the governing body of worldwide Corn Hole tournaments. ITCH spokeswoman Sarah Broomwad stated that the lifetime suspension was not related to the disqualification of Gary during this years championship qualifying round but was because of use of a banned substance.

Gary, the winner of the last six international corn hole tournaments, was disqualified when his corn bag burst during a toss effectively spilling the beans. Gary was apparently using beanbags instead of corn bags during the tournament. Per ITCH rules and regulations chairperson, Nick Noogie, beanbags are banned due to their unfair advantage over corn bags. “Beans are more aerodynamic.” Nick explained. “Because of their rounded oblong shape of beans they fly through the air more cleanly as than the almost square shape of the corn kernel. They also provide less friction when hitting the corn hole. This and because this is a corn bag tournament and not a bean bag tournament they are banned in ITCH sanctioned tournaments.” Gary, in a statement to the press, claimed that he had picked up a beanbag that he had used during practice by mistake. “I would never knowingly do anything to undermine the credibility of a sanctioned corn hole competition. I think the disqualification was overly harsh and I plan to appeal.” Gary pledged.

During the appeals hearing it was brought up that Gary had also used the banned drug “Eyeballscoopie” during the competition resulting in the life time ban by the ITCH committee that was hearing the appeal.
Eyeballscoopie is a drug that increases pressure inside the eyeball chamber causing the cornea to bulge forward as much a three inches. This gives the user an advantage in corn holing because their eyes are in affect three inches closer to the target than other competitors.

LMAO:D

This new development occured just as Gary was recovering from from the injury sustained when he boogered his toe at the foul line on the last toss of a game that was nip and tuck, luckily Gary pulled this one out just in the nick of time. I have it on good authority that Gary will wait out the appeal at the home of his good friend Marty Feldman in Titusville.

dafish
August 18th, 2007, 05:36 PM
LMAO:D

This new development occured just as Gary was recovering from from the injury sustained when he boogered his toe at the foul line on the last toss of a game that was nip and tuck, luckily Gary pulled this one out just in the nick of time. I have it on good authority that Gary will wait out the appeal at the home of his good friend Marty Feldman in Titusville.

I don’t see what the big deal is. So he was caught using a banned drug, big deal. If ITCH banned all drugs in corn holing then half of the top players would go back to tossing washers. I don’t know of a corn holer who doesn’t at least take a swig of Jack Daniel’s before toeing the line. I mean he wasn’t even trying to hide it. It’s quite obvious when your eyes are bulging out so far that you can’t even shut your eyelids. It’s debatable whether the drug ‘Eyeballscoopie” even gives a player an unfair advantage. It’s not rampant like in professional horseshoes where they take the drug with ****** to get their eyes to bulge out even further.

New2Cruisin'family
August 18th, 2007, 05:51 PM
We call it BAGGO. You can see it on baggo.com. Was the highlight of my family's Triumph cruise. Came close but couldn't beat the midwesterners. High school kids keep their sets in their trunks and my DS took his with him to college.

SUN TURNIP
August 18th, 2007, 06:11 PM
And I thought I was the only redneck on CC!! Its almost as funny as playin' washers!!:D

skittl1321
August 18th, 2007, 06:13 PM

Cornhole was extremely popular in Ohio- and they play it here in Iowa too.

Coming from Texas- we had never heard of it. When it was explained it's a lot like horseshoes, but we would have called it "bean bag toss" (except it's a corn bag)

kylescoolmom
August 18th, 2007, 06:51 PM

Fred

Same here.

jetskier
August 18th, 2007, 07:25 PM
They have it on the Holiday also. That poor ceiling took a beating as some tried to toss it like a slow-pitch softball.

Dave

sea_u_onboard
August 18th, 2007, 10:55 PM

.Alright already - I get the point. I will replace the beans with corn (even though you can only buy it in the 50 pound bags). Anyone need some dried corn?

Mikel1733
August 18th, 2007, 11:00 PM
Alright already - I get the point. I will replace the beans with corn (even though you can only buy it in the 50 pound bags). Anyone need some dried corn?

Warning.......keep the bags away from dirt:p

The4Cruisers
August 18th, 2007, 11:48 PM
[quote=voyagerfl;11271467]

"I need TP for my Bunghole"............Said in best Beavis voice:D

heh-heh... we're gonna' score...

DG2004
August 19th, 2007, 01:44 AM
Cornhole was extremely popular in Ohio

yes it is, but most people around dont really like to play with my set. (paint half Orange and the other half Blue with Gator Heads in the middle)

I wonder why people in Columbus dont like it:confused:

dafish
August 19th, 2007, 09:28 AM
I just recieved this Email -

Mr. DaFish

I have been reading the Cruise Critic boards and I take umbrance in your insinuation that Gary Bittawiener takes performance enhancing drugs. His bulging eyes are a result of an incident that Gary had with a Hoover canister vacuum cleaner in his youth.

I have known Gary and the Bittawiener family for many years and Gary is nothing if not the true champion that he is. Yes like most teenagers Gary experimented a little with drugs. He drank a little alcohol, smoked a little dope and got into his mother’s valiums once or twice. He might have snorted some coke, shot a little heroin and popped some pills. Yes he sniffed some glue, drank some mushroom tea and took a trip or two on LSD while attaching vacuum cleaners to various body parts. Gary overcame these things to become the outstanding young man and corn holing athlete and champion that I am proud to call a friend.

Ima Pootie
President
Local Chapter
The Bostonian International Tournament of Corn Holers.

I responded to this email and asked Ima why Gary's eyes only seem to bulge during corn hole tournaments but have not recieved an answer at this time.

Skeeter1602
August 19th, 2007, 09:47 AM

Mr. DaFish

I have been reading the Cruise Critic boards and I take umbrance in your insinuation that Gary Bittawiener takes performance enhancing drugs. His bulging eyes are a result of an incident that Gary had with a Hoover canister vacuum cleaner in his youth.

I have known Gary and the Bittawiener family for many years and Gary is nothing if not the true champion that he is. Yes like most teenagers Gary experimented a little with drugs. He drank a little alcohol, smoked a little dope and got into his mother’s valiums once or twice. He might have snorted some coke, shot a little heroin and popped some pills. Yes he sniffed some glue, drank some mushroom tea and took a trip or two on LSD while attaching vacuum cleaners to various body parts. Gary overcame these things to become the outstanding young man and corn holing athlete and champion that I am proud to call a friend.

Ima Pootie
President
Local Chapter

I responded to this email and asked Ima why Gary's eyes only seem to bulge during corn hole tournaments but have not recieved an answer at this time.

OMG spewing coffee on my laptop!!!!! very funny.;)

THERUDYS
August 19th, 2007, 10:01 AM
here in the Chicagoland area. Been playing it for more than 25 years. Were at a party last night and of course DH had to play. It's the safest game to play when you're drinking, no sharp edges:D. He did have a minor mishap when someone tossed the beans and hit him in his "bags":eek: but he's fine now.

redskin80
August 19th, 2007, 11:10 AM
The mystery ends here:
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/dsabre/corholioII.jpg

I hope I don't regret starting this thread.:D

Did not know that was the name of the game. We have played twice on the Liberty last december. Came home with a Medal, on a Red-White-Blue ribbon chain. No Stick on a ship. We play this at our tail gate parties every Sunday. We are bowlers so it was just like bowling for us. I am sure yuo can find it on any ship

CorbinCatFan
August 19th, 2007, 01:29 PM
And I thought I was the only redneck on CC!! Its almost as funny as playin' washers!!:D

Sorry, you're not the only redneck. I'll be bring my cornhole to Nashville for the Vandy game in November. (Still trying to think how I can get my tailgate gear to San Jaun.:confused: )

Sea Island Lady
August 19th, 2007, 02:53 PM

In July, we went to the beach with a large group of our friends from Kingsport. We played cornhole and bocce ball all week. The cornhole game was the favorite this year. Bocce is going out!

My DH has an Official Cornhole T-shirt. My daughters boyfriend sent it to him.

jetskier - How long has the game been on the Holiday? My daughter was on the ship last March and didn't mention seeing or playing the game. She introduced the game to us this summer. She had a friend make her a set and asked me to find some bags on eBay (got them from Atlanta.) She then had us take the boards to the beach because we had an SUV, where her car was too small. That thing is heavy!

If they have them on the ships now, I will never see my DH. :mad: Sure would hate to be in a room below where the game is being played! :eek:

BTW - My daughters boyfriend was in a tournament this week with 64 teams. His team came in 8th overall. Not bad! I told him that if my DD had been his teammate, he would have won the tournament. She is really good! ;)

dugoutdiva
August 19th, 2007, 02:54 PM
here in the Chicagoland area. Been playing it for more than 25 years. Were at a party last night and of course DH had to play. It's the safest game to play when you're drinking, no sharp edges:D. He did have a minor mishap when someone tossed the beans and hit him in his "bags":eek: but he's fine now.

This is too funny....thanks, I needed a good laugh today!!!!! I have tears!!!:D

Dawn125408
August 19th, 2007, 07:21 PM
TheRudys and dafish - that is too funny:D !!!!! Wish you were cruising with us in October - I'd be in stitches for the week!!!! Thanks for the laughs!! dafish - gullable me, at first I thought your first post was serious. Then I re-read and realized I was the sucker!!! lol

dugoutdiva
August 20th, 2007, 03:57 PM

Mr. DaFish

Ima Pootie
President
Local Chapter

The saga continues in the Gary Bittaweiner corn holing championship debate. Gary's personal trainer, Peter Tucker, an expert in corn holing technique has gone on record to state that while yes, drug abuse is rampant in the inner circles of corn holing he maintains Gary's innocence in this case. "We regret that this controversy has put a stain on Gary's record and current championship status. We believe that ITCH has barely scratched the surface of uncovering the facts as to the validity of the testing that took place" Tucker stated.

A spokesperson for Hoover Vacuum Company refused to confirm nor deny the allegations of a "suction accident" in the Bittaweiner case. "We feel the facts may very well have been inflated in this instance."

Officials of ITCH and the oversight committee have reprimanded Ima Pootie, the President of BITCH (Bostonian International Tournament of Corn Holers) saying that her personal affiliation with the Bittaweiner bunch has caused a conflict of interest within the organization.

When asked her opinion on the corn holing predicament, Gary's mother, Ida Bittaweiner stated, "I can't put my finger exactly on it, but there's something very fishy about this whole story."

:cool:

glrounds
August 20th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Soooooooo . . . . as I see it, this is just like Horseshoes, except nobody gets killed ! :D

Cincy Gal
August 20th, 2007, 07:11 PM
Enjoyed reading :D.

Being from Cincinnati my two sons will be glad to hear that corn hole is now being played on the Miracle.

logbook
August 20th, 2007, 07:23 PM
We never heard of it either. Played on the Valor. DH won! Got a beautiful gold medal!!! He wore it proudly! lol It actually was fun!!

Bran8778
August 20th, 2007, 07:59 PM
CORNHOLE DID THIS TO ME!!!!!!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p78/djkomik/Cruisemedals.jpg

THERUDYS
August 20th, 2007, 08:16 PM
Wish I could cruise on October too:)but.....I have to wait til November:D

logbook
August 20th, 2007, 08:28 PM
CORNHOLE DID THIS TO ME!!!!!!

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p78/djkomik/Cruisemedals.jpg

Very, very impressive!!!!!

dugoutdiva
October 9th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Played it on the valor a couple of weeks ago....it was really fun. DH and I came in second.......he would have won had it not been for his pathetic partner. I'd like to get a set, does anyone know where you can buy one?

ruskatab
October 9th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cornhole was extremely popular in Ohio- and they play it here in Iowa too.

Coming from Texas- we had never heard of it. When it was explained it's a lot like horseshoes, but we would have called it "bean bag toss" (except it's a corn bag)

Being from Texas we also called it bean bag toss. When I heard the name cornhole, I thought you threw a corn cob in the hole...lol!

Thirsty Cruiser
October 9th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Played it on the valor a couple of weeks ago....it was really fun. DH and I came in second.......he would have won had it not been for his pathetic partner. I'd like to get a set, does anyone know where you can buy one?

Easy enough to build yourself if you are handy. I got plans here: http://home.fuse.net/mikebrungs/cornhole.htm

I got my cornhole done in one evening. It was black with gold decorations, but you will find them in many different colors.
The main thing is hole size and placement has to be correct.

L2J
October 9th, 2007, 11:11 AM
I got my cornhole done in one evening. It was black with gold decorations, but you will find them in many different colors.The main thing is hole size and placement has to be correct.

ROFLMAO...wonder how I'm gonna explain the need for a new monitor...:eek: :D

hogtyde88
October 9th, 2007, 11:19 AM
They made a movie about it in Ohio earlier this year. I can't remeber the name.

:D Deliverance ll ?? :eek:

truecruiser
October 9th, 2007, 11:24 AM
ROFLMAO...wonder how I'm gonna explain the need for a new monitor...:eek: :D

LMAO, me too! man, repete, lol.

:D Deliverance ll ?? :eek:

LMAO twice!:D :eek:

1cruiser2004
October 14th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Does the Carnival Liberty have cornhole?

golf43
October 14th, 2007, 03:03 PM
when I lived in Ohio a few years ago it was is very popular. It still is today. As soon as we moved to the south, friends made us a set. We set it up in our yard. Our neighbors saw it and bought a set too. They are great to have around when you have a party.

Margienj
October 14th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Does the Carnival Liberty have cornhole?
Yes, the Liberty has Cornhole. My daughter and her boyfriend did not miss a game. They have the gold medals to show for it too!!!!

VaBeachCruisers897
October 14th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Played Cornhole in my friends backyard last night while simutaneously drinking Yucka & lighting off fireworks!! All-in all "A GREAT NIGHT" :D

ScottsSweetie
October 14th, 2007, 04:34 PM
HEY, REPETE - off topic but, I had to say it - LOVE THAT BEER!!!

I don't like the regular Sam Adams Lager, but love this one!!

whimdriven
October 14th, 2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe someone already made this joke, but this seems like something that should be on ESPN8: THE OCHO.

Cornhole is obsessively played by drunk frat guys and ditzy sorority girls here. I'll pass.

ABear511
October 14th, 2007, 06:29 PM
Serouisly when we saw "cornhole game" on the at a glance capers all the time & tried to go see what the heck it was. But everytime we would remember we were too late or there was nothing there. We even asked our table mates & they were just as puzzled. So we figured there was no such thing & it was a practical joke. We thought who would name a game after what we call a rear end hole, anyway. Now the name makes sense now, thank you all for clearing that up.

trctjs
October 14th, 2007, 10:47 PM
That's a football tailgating game around here...and I think ppl just call it a bean bag game or something like.

I grew up in Iowa and we certainly didn't call a beanbag game a game of Cornhole. :eek: You midwesterners know what cornholing is I'm sure...but it's most certainly not a game! :eek: :o

Thirsty Cruiser
October 15th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Maybe someone already made this joke, but this seems like something that should be on ESPN8: THE OCHO.

Cornhole is obsessively played by drunk frat guys and ditzy sorority girls here. I'll pass.
I resent that -- I am most certainly not in a frat!:cool:

whimdriven
October 15th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Here being Purdue University ...

Thirsty Cruiser
October 15th, 2007, 10:13 AM
HEY, REPETE - off topic but, I had to say it - LOVE THAT BEER!!!

I don't like the regular Sam Adams Lager, but love this one!!

Agreed. Sam Adams Boston Lager and Ale are "played out" IMO, although I thought they were great when I first tasted them about 15 years ago. I much prefer their brewmaster's collection or seasonal offerings now.

(Since I change my beer of the day almost daily :p , some may not know what we are talking about. We are referring to Sam Adams' Black Lager.)

hogtyde88
October 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM
Here being Purdue University ...

Welcome Boilermaker! My son is there, a junior in ME

"Boiler Up":D

hogtyde88
October 15th, 2007, 11:04 AM
I resent that -- I am most certainly not in a frat!:cool:

Of course you're in a frat!:p The FOBD

Fraternal Order of Beer Drinkers :D

whimdriven
October 15th, 2007, 11:05 AM
Welcome Boilermaker! My son is there, a junior in ME

"Boiler Up":D

My boyfriend is a senior in CE. So many engineers, so little time :)

hogtyde88
October 15th, 2007, 11:06 AM
My boyfriend is a senior in CE. So many engineers, so little time :)

:D LOL :D

Pace yourself!!:eek:

whimdriven
October 15th, 2007, 11:15 AM
He keeps me on my toes, I gotta say.

No pun intended for those whose minds are in the gutter at this point ... Purdue is a nice place to find intelligent men, if you can keep them out of the bars :)

tazmancruiser
October 15th, 2007, 12:57 PM
I didn't didn't read all of the threads. But looked at the picture. Another name for the game is "beanbag toss". I have a home made set. Campers play it quite a bit. I think if you do a search for on the internet for "beanbag toss" you can buy boards.

dafish
October 15th, 2007, 04:11 PM
The saga continues in the Gary Bittaweiner corn holing championship debate. Gary's personal trainer, Peter Tucker, an expert in corn holing technique has gone on record to state that while yes, drug abuse is rampant in the inner circles of corn holing he maintains Gary's innocence in this case. "We regret that this controversy has put a stain on Gary's record and current championship status. We believe that ITCH has barely scratched the surface of uncovering the facts as to the validity of the testing that took place" Tucker stated.

A spokesperson for Hoover Vacuum Company refused to confirm nor deny the allegations of a "suction accident" in the Bittaweiner case. "We feel the facts may very well have been inflated in this instance."

Officials of ITCH and the oversight committee have reprimanded Ima Pootie, the President of BITCH (Bostonian International Tournament of Corn Holers) saying that her personal affiliation with the Bittaweiner bunch has caused a conflict of interest within the organization.

When asked her opinion on the corn holing predicament, Gary's mother, Ida Bittaweiner stated, "I can't put my finger exactly on it, but there's something very fishy about this whole story."

:cool:

The controversy over the drug use allegations concerning the International Tournament of Corn Holers champion Gary Bittaweiner has been overshadowed by a suit filed by the International Tournament of Corn Holers Youth against the Kids of the National Organization of Bean Baggers. The suit alleges that the logo used by the KNOBB organization is in fact the same logo used by the ITCHY organization with the exception that the corn bag used in one logo has been replaced by a bean bag in the challenged logo.

“We can not allow this logo to be adulterated by other organizations seeking to financially benefit from the high respect that this revered symbol has garnered from the public.” Stated ITCHY chairperson Bonnie Bottums. The suit alleges copyright infringement and seeks unspecified damages.

KNOBB chairman Hugh Betchah responded that the KNOBB logo is actually older than the ITCHY logo. He has requested that the ITCHY suit be thrown out. “This whole ITCHY/KNOBB thing will never stand up in court” stated Hugh.

dafish
October 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
For those that have contacted me about my last news release post.

I did some research and the Bonnie Bottums of ITCHY is indeed the daughter of the Legendary Red Bottums, the first person to be inducted into the Corn Holer Hall of Fame. I believe that his other daughter, Bettie Bottums, is also part of this organization. In fact it seems that the whole family is heavily involved and there are a lot of ITCHY Bottums.

;)

hogtyde88
October 17th, 2007, 07:47 AM
For those that have contacted me about my last news release post.

I did some research and the Bonnie Bottums of ITCHY is indeed the daughter of the Legendary Red Bottums, the first person to be inducted into the Corn Holer Hall of Fame. I believe that his other daughter, Bettie Bottums, is also part of this organization. In fact it seems that the whole family is heavily involved and there are a lot of ITCHY Bottums.

;)

OMG!! Family Cornholing! :eek:

L2J
October 17th, 2007, 08:39 AM
OMG!! Family Cornholing! :eek:

*sitting on hands....*:cool:

Thirsty Cruiser
October 17th, 2007, 09:52 AM
*sitting on hands....*:cool:

Be careful. Check mail.

L2J
October 17th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Be careful. Check mail.

Try that again...won't open...bitte....

fern1226
October 17th, 2007, 10:22 AM
Yes, the Liberty has Cornhole. My daughter and her boyfriend did not miss a game. They have the gold medals to show for it too!!!!

Sweet. My son and husband will be juiced to play it. We love it. Especially, when tailigating.