Reef Yucatan Resort???

We are thinking about doing this is Progresso since I haven't heard that many great things about the beach there. Has anyone ever did their all-inclusive package before and was it worth the cost?

I stayed at the Reef Club for a week a few years ago.

Good Points:

The resort is attractive and clean.

The pool is nice.

The food was really pretty good for an A.I.

There were lots of hammocks.

There are lots of watersports.

Fishing is good if you are into that.

The beach is long enough for a nice walk.

Less than good points :

The water is NOT like the beautiful, clear water on the other side of the Yucatan peninisula. It is clean enough but just not as nice.

There is no snorkeling to speak of.

I spent a couple of nights in 05 during a two week visit to the Yucatan. Beautiful facility, food just tolerable but the drinks were great. The place was almost deserted in late Oct but there were 40 germans checking is as we were leaving. It's 30 miles from Progreso and a good price if booked on land. Both Progreso and the Reef are on the gulf, not the crystal clear Caribbean. Would I return? Nope. I much prefer experiencing the local culture.

We are thinking about doing this is Progresso since I haven't heard that many great things about the beach there. Has anyone ever did their all-inclusive package before and was it worth the cost?

Good place to veg. Huge pool, nice beach complete with volleyball net, open bar and lots of kiddie toys. If you just want a place to relax, this place works swell. You can also take a short tour of ruins or a flamingo sanctuary.

Does the tour of the runins or flamingo sanct. cost extra? Can you book this other than carnival and how much is it? Thanks!

When we were there in 2005 the ruins and flamingo tours were included in the package. We booked at the bus stop in town and it ran either $30 or $35. I didn't see this tour in my Carnival excursion list. Most of the tours that the ships offer can be booked through a local for around 30% less.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the link, you are a great help over here on this board!

Now that I have seen it and not just heard about it, I WANT to go looks great!! I don't know why ppl are saying the beach isn't nice looks super to me.

How do I get there from the pier, we won't rent a car I'm not driving in Mexico scary enough just riding!! There are 11 total of us, the cheapest way is the best some are on a budget!

My family will be cruising on February 3 2008 aboard the Carnival Extasy. I have never been to this port and will be very interested in visiting the Reef Club Beach Resort. The price to book through Carnival would cost almost $75.00 per person. :eek:

I am looking to get more information about booking through a different vendor. I'm really nervous about not booking until we get off the ship. Has anyone done this before? :confused:

I'm not sure how the pier works here and if I can just walk to a vendor for the Reef and purchase tickets.

Thanks for all of your help. :D

Paula. Clackey is the one that has info on that company. All I have are pics of the Reef Yucatan facilities. Spent two nights there once. I prefer getting out and experiencing the local culture not hanging at an all-inclusive.

HDawson -- sorry I confused you with someone else. I THOUGHT I WAS asking for info on a local tour operator who could take us to Chichen Itza or Uxmal -- Out of Progreso -- not asking for info on the all inclusive. I too have no interest in that!

Archived