PDA

View Full Version : How long on cancelled cruise refund?

lovingmom
September 12th, 2007, 01:48 AM
Does anyone know approximately how long it would take to receive a deposit refund if you cancel a cruise totally?

Merion_Mom
September 12th, 2007, 06:03 AM
Mine have come within a week; maybe two weeks max. They tell you to allow up to two billing cycles, but I have never had to wait that long.

bplazo
September 12th, 2007, 06:20 AM
Less than a week.

CarolinaGirl
September 12th, 2007, 07:35 AM
I just had to cancel a cruise that was booked with RCI directly. Got my refund on my CC in two days.

lvtotrvl1
September 12th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Royal Caribbean is very good at crediting refunds back. If this was an individual reservation it should be within a week....

Murphy
September 12th, 2007, 07:42 AM
I recently cancelled a cruise on a Saturday and the deposit was refunded to my cc account by that Wednesday.

ACCagent
September 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Credit/debit cards are refunded much quicker than getting a refund if you paid by check.

HB Cruiser
September 12th, 2007, 06:28 PM
Can you help my friend with this question? Thanks in advance.

He has a deposit he paid on our Mariner cruise in May. If he cancels his cruise will it appear as a credit on his credit card or will they cut him a check since it has been over four months?

Tim

transitteach
September 12th, 2007, 06:52 PM
It will show back on his credit card, usually in a couple of days.
Last year we had to cancel a cruise and RCL had posted the refund on my credit card in two days.

lovingmom
September 15th, 2007, 02:12 AM
Thanks everyone for the replies. I did pay the deposit by check, so how long should it take for that, does anyone know? I'm asking because I want to go with my parents on a Hawaii cruise and I need it to help pay for that one!
Thanks!! (By the way, the deposit was made last year for 3 people and it was part by check and part by money order.)
Thanks!