PDA

View Full Version : Favorite entertainer on Princess?

Tina G
September 20th, 2007, 01:21 AM
Several years ago I enjoyed the talents of Kemble, a Liberace-inspired pianist/singer, who entertained large groups in the Sun atrium. I was wondering if other cruisers remember any entertainers that made your vacation special. :)

Lynda90
September 20th, 2007, 01:26 AM
Bert Stratton, hands down.

LARGIN
September 20th, 2007, 01:36 AM
Me... :D

mikjr
September 20th, 2007, 02:15 AM
Several years ago I enjoyed the talents of Kemble, a Liberace-inspired pianist/singer, who entertained large groups in the Sun atrium. I was wondering if other cruisers remember any entertainers that made your vacation special. :)

It's sometimes hard to remember the good ones... but I can sure remember the BAD ones... which I won't mention in this forum :D

britsbest
September 20th, 2007, 04:11 AM
There's only one Bert Stratton

Momma Mojito
September 20th, 2007, 06:06 AM
We sailed the Caribbean Princess Sept 2, 07 and the best for us was Phoenix Rising every night in the Wheelhouse Bar. Great entertainment Joey and his guys Jim and Randy made our cruise one of the best we have had. Sorry to say this week is his last on the CB. Not sure where he will be next but if you get the chance to hear them go and spend you cruise time with them and tell them Boot Lady say HI.

crusdiva
September 20th, 2007, 06:21 AM
Elua - they're on the Diamond now. :)

robanddiane
September 20th, 2007, 07:59 AM
Loved Bert Stratton who is a fantastic entertainer. Also Brandi Chapman was fantastic. Must also mention Darren Lynton who belongs close by us in north east england.

Aja28
September 20th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Another vote for Elua. They performed in the Wheelhouse Bar on the CB in '05. They played a special song for DH and I on our anniversary and it was very romantic. We bought their CD and it brings back nice memories.

I'd rather be diving
September 20th, 2007, 10:04 AM
Bert, Bert, what's my name? BERT. Yes, Bert Stratton is our favorite. I can spend every night sitting in his living room now that we are kin!!!!

Hope he will be back on the Caribbean Princess in January. I'll be lost on that ship without him!

Northender
September 20th, 2007, 10:15 AM
We sailed the Caribbean Princess Sept 2, 07 and the best for us was Phoenix Rising every night in the Wheelhouse Bar. Great entertainment Joey and his guys Jim and Randy made our cruise one of the best we have had. Sorry to say this week is his last on the CB. Not sure where he will be next but if you get the chance to hear them go and spend you cruise time with them and tell them Boot Lady say HI.

I agree with Pheonix Rising:) They were on the Grand, our first cruise and we closed the Wheelhouse just about every night. They were so much fun and would sit with us and others during the breaks.
Maybe, with any luck they will be on the Crown in early April.

I wish there was a way to tell Princess to move them to the Crown:D
If we are lucky enough to have them will say HI from Boot Lady;)

ho
September 20th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Another vote for Bert!!

emdia43
September 20th, 2007, 10:33 AM
Steve Morris- late night comedy on Caribbean Princess. Laughed til my face ached...

ell52
September 20th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Charlie Sleeth. I often wonder where he is now.

Debathome
September 20th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Bert, Bert, what's my name? BERT. Yes, Bert Stratton is our favorite. I can spend every night sitting in his living room now that we are kin!!!!

Hope he will be back on the Caribbean Princess in January. I'll be lost on that ship without him!

Directly from Bert ... His winter schedule is Caribbean Princess from Jan. 20th to April 27th. I hope this fits in with your cruise dates. :)
Happy Sailing All! Deb.

Richard
September 20th, 2007, 01:12 PM
My favorite is Sarge

B40 Tha Cruisa
September 20th, 2007, 01:36 PM
I also loved steve moris!

Eddie4Paws
September 20th, 2007, 04:23 PM
I cannot remember his name, but he was the hypnotist. Without a doubt, the best entertainment I've ever seen while on a cruise. I saw him aboard the Golden and Sun Princess (I think). On the Golden Princess, my 20 year old nephew volunteered to be hypnotized, and here is my tough, macho nephew, prancing around the stage like a ballerina and putting his size 13 shoe to his ear, thinking its a telephone. We laughed so hard, we pee'd our pants !!!:eek: :eek: There were about 15 passengers on stage with my nephew, and they were all hypnotized!

I would really love to see him again. Does anyone know if he is still on Princess' ships?

sueandkent
September 20th, 2007, 05:31 PM
Definitely Bert!

geniesue
September 20th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Absolutely, don't have to think twice Bert on the CB! Drew crowds every night, one of the best parts of our cruise!

katier825
September 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Mauricio. Never liked Bert. Sorry, I'm in the minority here.:)

meselibibob
September 20th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Without a doubt, Jana and Danny in the Wheelhouse Bar. What a great, talented duo who really packs the Wheelhouse. On our April 26 cruise to Hawaii on the Island, it was hard to find a seat in this lounge. Been with them on many cruises before and they have been the highlight. After 23 cruises, we are looking to book future cruises depedning on who is in the Wheelhouse since we love to dance and have seen many different ports of call. Anyone know what ship Jana and Danny might be on next? That's the one we will book!!!!

Momma Mojito
September 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM
I agree with Pheonix Rising:) They were on the Grand, our first cruise and we closed the Wheelhouse just about every night. They were so much fun and would sit with us and others during the breaks.
Maybe, with any luck they will be on the Crown in early April.

I wish there was a way to tell Princess to move them to the Crown:D
If we are lucky enough to have them will say HI from Boot Lady;) :I am so glad someone else has the same opinion of Phoenix Rising as my DH and I. We sailed alone and they made are nights great!!:) You can call the entertainment department at Princess and tell them how entertaining they are. They really left a lasting impression with us. Sure hope to sail with them again:D As of today they still don't know where they will be. If I find out I will post the news.

Momma Mojito
September 20th, 2007, 07:18 PM
I agree with you . We listened to him for about 10 minutes and that was enough. I am not a Jim Carey fan and he reminded us of him.

many cruises
September 20th, 2007, 08:01 PM
We enjoyed Jerry Ring in the Crooners bar. He sang to the crowd and all the people passing by & he was hilarius. Another favorite was a comedian named Don Friesen who we saw on our first Princess Cruise. His comedy act on marriage was terrific. Our favorite singer on the Sapphire Princess was Lovena Fox. Her voice was unbelievable & we purchased her CD. It brings back many fond memories of her show. Unfortunately, we have never seen any of these entertainers again on all of our Princess cruises!

B40 Tha Cruisa
September 20th, 2007, 08:14 PM

Never was much of a Bert Fan either... I understand why people like him though.

matt690
September 20th, 2007, 08:22 PM
One thing that we still remember about our Princess cruise from about 5 years ago is the band Deep Blue. They were at the pool every day and they really did a great job. Other lines (most recently RCCL) just don't have poolside bands that compare. Does anyone know if this band is still with Princess? Does Princess have a lot of outstanding poolside bands?

We had a hyptonist on our Grand Princess cruise who was great. Maybe it was the same one?

Grannycb
September 20th, 2007, 09:41 PM
I cannot remember his name, but he was the hypnotist. Without a doubt, the best entertainment I've ever seen while on a cruise. I saw him aboard the Golden and Sun Princess (I think). On the Golden Princess, my 20 year old nephew volunteered to be hypnotized, and here is my tough, macho nephew, prancing around the stage like a ballerina and putting his size 13 shoe to his ear, thinking its a telephone. We laughed so hard, we pee'd our pants !!!:eek: :eek: There were about 15 passengers on stage with my nephew, and they were all hypnotized!

I would really love to see him again. Does anyone know if he is still on Princess' ships?

If you are thinking of Joshua Seth, he was on the Golden Princess last week. We enjoyed his evening shows for the entertainment factor and the afternoon ones for what we learned.

There was a group called Liquid Blue on the Golden Princess last year that was very good. Are they still around?

Kruzkrazy
September 21st, 2007, 12:26 AM
Guitarist-singer-comedian named Duncan Tuck. Saw him on two cruises (Island and Coral, I think). He was wildly popular, and I'm a bit surprised no one else has mentioned him. A real talent. I'd love to see him again.

KK

captainron
September 21st, 2007, 01:31 AM
Larry,
You naughty old SOB. If we'd known that you were an entertainer other than the martini king at Crooners, we would have had you up doing Princess Idol as well.

Cheers and regards to Ginger. Jayne & Jim are in YVR for 2 days before doing the Coral coastal back to SFO. Cheers, and...

Ciao for now!!!

CruiseFever
September 21st, 2007, 01:53 AM
Bert it is!
Such a nice man!

Cruise Dreams
September 21st, 2007, 03:27 AM
Another vote here for Brandi Chapman. She put on a fantastic show. I was fortunate enough to see her on two separate cruises on the Sapphire. I enjoyed her show so much that I bought her cd. Everytime I listen to it, it reminds me of being on a cruise.

Momma Mojito
September 21st, 2007, 05:49 AM
Never was much of a Bert Fan either... I understand why people like him though.
WHY??

criuisingurl079
September 21st, 2007, 09:09 AM
I agree with you . We listened to him for about 10 minutes and that was enough. I am not a Jim Carey fan and he reminded us of him.

Yes, we were so thrilled when he wasn't on a Crown Sailing-- It was great to be able to enjoy the Cooners Martini lounge without hearing 1/4 of each song all night long!
Man, that guy is annoying:mad:

We really enjoyed Steve Morris, seems to really enjoy what he does- and gave us a good laugh.
We also just had a guy something, Philadelphia? He was hilarious!

:D

Northender
September 21st, 2007, 10:24 AM
:I am so glad someone else has the same opinion of Phoenix Rising as my DH and I. We sailed alone and they made are nights great!!:) You can call the entertainment department at Princess and tell them how entertaining they are. They really left a lasting impression with us. Sure hope to sail with them again:D As of today they still don't know where they will be. If I find out I will post the news.

Thanks, I would suppose I call the main number and ask for Entertainment Division? I would almost plan a cruise around them for 1009 if I knew where they would be, but alas, on the Grand they told us they were being moved and like you say, they never know where they are going.
Wish they had a website.......:)

jmhn72
September 21st, 2007, 12:50 PM
We saw Eddie Holman, who sang Hey There Lonely Girl, on the Crown Princess last October. He was fantastic, could still hit the high notes with ease. The Princess Theater was maybe half full only. We're sure the reason why was because they listed his name, and should have included the song title. We recognized the name but talked to several people the next day who didn't. They knew the song by title, not artist. Eddie told us he does over 100 performances a year for Princess. Make a point to see him if you're lucky enough to have him aboard.
Jim and Helen

YellowDog
September 21st, 2007, 03:31 PM
We were on the CB last summer and saw stand up comedian Rick Corso and nearly died laughing. Maybe it was the Italian humor, but we went to both shows he did that week. I am a big stand-up fan and he was really good.

sproctor
September 21st, 2007, 03:38 PM
Steve Morris, Philadelphia Plowden and Bert are our top 3.

Philadelphia Plowden was on America's Got Talent this year. Only advanced one round but it was fun seeing him again and on TV this time. After catching the episode he was on we popped in our Steve Moris DVD and watched that. :)

kennden
September 21st, 2007, 03:42 PM
Directly from Bert ... His winter schedule is Caribbean Princess from Jan. 20th to April 27th. I hope this fits in with your cruise dates. :)
Happy Sailing All! Deb.

Do you know if he will be on the CB Oct. 7th 2007? Thanks

Momma Mojito
September 21st, 2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks, I would suppose I call the main number and ask for Entertainment Division? I would almost plan a cruise around them for 1009 if I knew where they would be, but alas, on the Grand they told us they were being moved and like you say, they never know where they are going.
Wish they had a website.......:)
SorryI guess I forgot to give the # for Princess entertainment dept. Here it is 661-753-2403 fax # 661 753 0118

Momma Mojito
September 21st, 2007, 03:52 PM
Wish they had a website.......:) Sorry I forgot to add the # of Princess entertainment dept Here it is 661-753-2403 Fax# 661-753-0118 Good luck Lets keep the guys sailing:)

reggielew
September 21st, 2007, 04:13 PM
Hi!

According to Bert's website (www.bertstratton.com), he will be on the Caribbean Princess from October 7th through December 9th. My husband and I have seen him on 8 cruises and have another one booked for November. Bert is "so good, so good, so good"!!!

Reggie

kennden
September 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
Happy Sailing All! Deb.

Do you know if he will be on the CB on the October 7th eastern carb? Thanks for any info.

geoherb
September 21st, 2007, 04:49 PM
After reading glowing reports about Bert, I ended up disappointed when I was finally on a cruise with him. Same for Mauricio, although he also gets raves from some people.

Last Christmas on the Sun Princess we enjoyed Eric Stone's performances in the Atrium. He was much better, to us, than Bert and Mauricio.

And the comedian on the Sun was also very good--Carl Strong.

PLHag
September 21st, 2007, 06:49 PM
My all-time Princess favorites are: Mike Wilson (comedian/impersonator - unfortunately, RCCL snapped him up); Lorenzo Clark (magician); and Sarge (comedian).

bigs2man
September 21st, 2007, 06:58 PM
Kevin Hughes (Comedian)
Brendan Jones (Piano Player in Crooner's)

katier825
September 21st, 2007, 07:03 PM

EXACTLY!!! That's why I didn't like him either. Sorry people, I know many of you like him...just not for me. Good thing there are other entertainment options on the ship!

Hippygirl23
September 21st, 2007, 10:48 PM
I love bert. I love bert. I love bert. yep...Bert the "one and only' on the CB is by far the best entertainer I have seen. Hes so good!

B40 Tha Cruisa
September 21st, 2007, 10:55 PM
WHY??

Haha, I knew id get flamed! :)

Just not my type of comedy/entertainment. I am not discounting his talent, I just dont like watching him.

chrismch
September 21st, 2007, 11:07 PM
My fav entertainer actually was a past cruise director.This goes back maybe 4-5 yrs ago. Can't remember his name. Only CD I have ever seen who dressed in black all the time and had long hair. He was a great comedian with a wonderful dry Brit wit. Loved watching his morning show on tv and actually looked forward to his opening and closing of the acts.

One of our favorites lines from him, "Our ships will have to tender ashore tomorrow which means we will have these small boats come along side of us. We'll give you a running jump to get into the boats. But don't worry, you'll be provided lifevests. That way at the end of the day we can check in the water for bobbing heads before we leave...Only kidding...we don't check for any bobbing heads!

Tina G
September 22nd, 2007, 12:31 AM
Folks, I'm having a wonderful time reading your responses. Ironically, most of the entertainers mentioned, I have never actually seen! Something for me to anticipate on my next (someday!!!) cruise. DH and I just moved across the country from Maryland to western Colorado. It's taking us a while to get settled after 31 years in the east, but retirement is great!:D Maybe by the time I cruise again, Princess will have new shows! (I've seen some 4 times! I always enjoy them, though.) I remember a fabulous pianist named George on the Coral a few years back. He was a large African-American man who played in Crooners. Wow, what talent! Anybody remember his full name?

cjh
September 22nd, 2007, 02:35 PM
Karen Saunders and Bert

cusyl
September 22nd, 2007, 03:15 PM
Elua - they're on the Diamond now. :)

I liked them too, I wondered where they were now. I bought their DVD. :D

MaryPoppinz
September 22nd, 2007, 03:58 PM
Bert. But, where it began? I can't begin to know.

I like several others that have been mentioned (Steve Moris, Elua, Sarge) and one that hasn't (Uber Rossi. <--Even his name cracks me up.)

Gator83
September 22nd, 2007, 07:25 PM
I love Lovena B. Fox and Sarge.

B40 Tha Cruisa
September 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
I love Lovena B. Fox and Sarge.

Agreed, Lovena is great.

wtevrfltsurbt
September 22nd, 2007, 07:59 PM
Bert. But, where it began? I can't begin to know.

I like several others that have been mentioned (Steve Moris, Elua, Sarge) and one that hasn't (Uber Rossi. <--Even his name cracks me up.)

Uber Rossi was absolutely hilarious, he was on the Emerald in June:D

lanch
September 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM
One more vote for Bert.

-Lanch

Debathome
September 22nd, 2007, 09:41 PM
Do you know if he will be on the CB on the October 7th eastern carb? Thanks for any info.

Bert was on holiday from April 27th to Sept. 1st, so should be back on board now!

Another band I enjoyed on board was VOLTZ. They played everything from Island music to Country. Very entertaining.

jlp20
September 23rd, 2007, 12:23 AM
Damn Bennett, I mean Dan Bennett.

Shoobee2
September 23rd, 2007, 07:23 AM
We were on the Sun Princess in August and saw a comedian, Rollin' Jay Moore, in the Vista Lounge. He was hilarious and I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. The lounge wasn't full the first night we saw him but was overflowing on the second night because everyone was talking about how good he was.

I also enjoyed Eddie Holman singing "Hey there, Lonely Girl". Still has a good voice although his part of the show was too short.

Coolmama_1
September 23rd, 2007, 07:40 AM
Happy Sailing All! Deb.

Thanks for the info!

kleffy8
September 23rd, 2007, 08:08 PM
What about Billy Vader???
We've seen him a few times and he is always funny.
-----of course Maurizio, we have his CD...great to do housework by.....
The funnies 'family oriented ' show I have been to was northbound to Alaska and they had a ventriloquist named Dan Horn. He used a 'volunteer' from the audience...and EP...extra puppet. He was the greatest, I would love to see him again

Debathome
September 23rd, 2007, 08:25 PM
The best entertainer I have seen performing in the Princess theater and not a regular on board was out of Puerto Rico, Juan Carlo. He was extremely talented and very entertaining. The women loved him and the men loved his women Flamenco dancers! If he is performing, I recommend you not miss him.

Frank's girl
September 23rd, 2007, 08:47 PM
Count me in too. Favorite entertainer is Bert with an E!

NthernLgts
September 23rd, 2007, 10:31 PM
I would have to say Bert also. While he has a good voice, its not so much his singing as the overall entertainment provided. Steve Moris was quite good too. The hypnotist, I believe, was Robert Messmer.

marlinmike
September 23rd, 2007, 10:49 PM
Directly from Bert ... His winter schedule is Caribbean Princess from Jan. 20th to April 27th.

Thanks Deb,

Bert gets my vote for sure. When did you speak with him about this as I just received an email from him dated Tuesday of this week and he said his 2008 dates weren't set yet, but will be posted on his website when finalized. I'm sure he just hasn't had a chance to post'em yet.
I wrote him because it's been a couple of years since I've been on the CB and wanted to see him again.

Marlin

jjones
September 24th, 2007, 04:48 PM
My favorite was JP Nadeau, but he went to HAL. But the best production show I ever saw was Dance by the Princess entertainers.

sueandkent
September 29th, 2007, 11:25 PM
My all-time Princess favorites are: Mike Wilson (comedian/impersonator - unfortunately, RCCL snapped him up); Lorenzo Clark (magician); and Sarge (comedian).

Hey Hag - we ran into Mike on our CB cruise last fall. He remembered the dinner we all had with him on the Diamond. I've been trying to get our info to you regarding our upcoming trip to San Diego. Pls email me at smorin00@shaw.ca

beachdreaming
September 29th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Guitarist-singer-comedian named Duncan Tuck. Saw him on two cruises (Island and Coral, I think). He was wildly popular, and I'm a bit surprised no one else has mentioned him. A real talent. I'd love to see him again.

KK

He was a great entertainer and a nice guy too. His wife sailed with him on our cruise and she was very nice also. This was on a 15 day cruise - we were even given an extra Duncan Tuck show when we had to miss a port and the next entertainer didn't make it on board. I too would like to see him again.......at least I have his CD to listen to.

CoronaCpl
September 30th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Elua Duo has our vote. Met and spent quite a bit of time with them on CB in 2005. We've lost touch with them and their site seems to be down... Awesome music and great personalities.

Harry & Ann

CruiserBill
September 30th, 2007, 01:33 PM
I vote for an English singer named Philippa Healey. We have been intertained by her on two different cruises. We even got her CD.

Bill & Martha

beachdreaming
September 30th, 2007, 01:51 PM
I vote for an English singer named Philippa Healey. We have been intertained by her on two different cruises. We even got her CD.

Bill & Martha

In fact, Phillippa and Duncan were on our same cruise - 15 day Hawaii

I guess with all those sea days Princess wanted top notch entertainment.

CruiseKing
September 30th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Elua Duo has our vote. Met and spent quite a bit of time with them on CB in 2005. We've lost touch with them and their site seems to be down... Awesome music and great personalities.

Harry & Ann

Harry & Ann,
They are currently on the Diamond and will be until May 2008. Here is a link to Dave's Blog,
http://web.mac.com/davesoreff/DaveSoreff/Welcome.html

fathercop
September 30th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Okay, put me on the Bert Stratton fan club, too. We have seen him on the Star, DI and CB several times. Count DW in, also.

Have enjoyed talking to him after the show. What a great guy. The entertainer goes into remission and a real down to earth human comes out.

Next favorite entertainer is Steve Morris and on one cruise we saw John Mulrooney. Two very funny guys.

Momma Mojito
September 30th, 2007, 08:09 PM
Phoenix Rising still gets my vote.. They were on the CB in the Wheelhouse Bar Great Guys!!! Not sure where they are going to be next, hopefully on our next cruise.

Cruiser OZ60
September 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM
I was on cruise lately from LA to NZ .on The Regal Princess..and saw a scottish Accordion Entertainer called John Macdonald , who I believe now is based in Sydney....who amazed people (including me ) with his stage personality and accordion playing..he received a standing oviation from the first show I attended ( and also in the second show from what I heard from other passengers .the next day)...nice to see something different ..rather than a singer ...we were still tapping our feet to his music for days after !!! I do hope we strike him again on a future cruise !!:
Has anyone esle on the Board seen this guy on any other Ships ?

NorcalGuy
October 1st, 2007, 01:19 AM
Two that stand out for me are:

Brandi Chapman- Great show! (and I'm not a huge country music fan)
A Japanese lady violin player that performed on the Trans Pacific Diamond cruise a few years ago (obviously can't remember her name). She was associated with Liberace at one time. Played a lot of American patriotic songs, which sounds corny, but was very moving. She was a huge hit onboard.

lookayellowbird
October 3rd, 2007, 12:22 PM
Loved reading these posts, being with Princess since late '04 I've had the pleasure of meeting, enjoying, and making friends with so many entertainers. If I had my own cruise ship and booked the acts, these would be my picks:

Favorite Bands: Elua, Phoenix Rising, Wavelength
Favorite Magicians: James Michael, David Merry
Favorite Overall Entertainers: Bert Stratton, Greg Bonham, Tony Tillman, Jaquie Michaels
Favorite Jugglers: Dan Bennet, Thien Fu
Favorite Impressionist: Mike Wilson
Favorite Hypnotist: Fernandez
Favorite Ventriloquist: Dan Horn
Favorite Comedians: Scott Wyler, Troy Thirdgill, Phil Tag, Richie Minnervinni, Sarge
Favorite "Other" Catagory: Uber Rossi

sailmeaway
October 4th, 2007, 01:05 PM

We were entertained by Kemble on the Regal in 2005 - absolutely loved him!!!
Does anyone know which ship he is on now, or even if he is still with Princess? We are on a long back-to-back in December/January on the Star, and wondering if anyone knows who the entertainers will be at that time on the Star?
Thanks!

Northender
October 4th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I tried calling Priness re: Where is Phoenix Rising. Could not get an answer from CS.

Anybody have any ideas on how to find out where entertainers are and where they might be going.

How long is a "tour of duty" for the bands.:)

Samcorl
October 4th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Just got back from a 10 night on the Grand to NE/Canada. There was a string quartet that just blew us away. These four Eastern Europeans were absolutely phenomenal musicians. Fortunately, and we had to ask for it, they did have a CD of their music, and we bought it, of course. The Prelude Quartet is truly a joy to listen to (couldn't figure out how to end this sentence without a preposition). Sam

nschurr
October 4th, 2007, 04:06 PM
:d Sarge :d

Momma Mojito
October 4th, 2007, 11:02 PM
I tried calling Priness re: Where is Phoenix Rising. Could not get an answer from CS.

Anybody have any ideas on how to find out where entertainers are and where they might be going.

How long is a "tour of duty" for the bands.:)
As of Wednesday Phoenix Rising still had not heard where they would be next. Maybe if we all call the entertainment department and request them they will move a llittle faster in putting them back on the ships!! The number is 661-753-2403 fax 661-753-0118 Roger Hawke is the head of the entertainment Please call him and tell him how much you all enjoyed them and what great guys they are. Very personalble, funny. polite caring wonderful entertainers Joey and the guys are. Thanks

britsbest
October 5th, 2007, 03:51 AM
Bert Stratton is cutting down on his appearances on Princess. There is a Bertified cruise in January 2009. Details here http://www.bertstratton.com/

Elua
October 9th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Aloha Y'all,
Dave from Elua here. To answer your question, there is no set "tour of duty" or length of contract for musical acts. Usually, it will be aorund four months, but I have seen bands come on for as little as two cruises, and personally, we have done three months up to, what will be nine months at the end of this contact. (May 2008)
Not really sure about Phoenix rising, but I did hear a rumour from another musician on board that they will be coming onto the Diamond Princess fairly soon. Again, just something one of the other bands told me the other night. I'm looking forward to meeting them if this is true, as I have heard great things about them.

Aloha,
Dave
Elua

Elua
October 9th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Loved reading these posts, being with Princess since late '04 I've had the pleasure of meeting, enjoying, and making friends with so many entertainers. If I had my own cruise ship and booked the acts, these would be my picks:

Favorite Bands: Elua, Phoenix Rising, Wavelength
Favorite Magicians: James Michael, David Merry
Favorite Overall Entertainers: Bert Stratton, Greg Bonham, Tony Tillman, Jaquie Michaels
Favorite Jugglers: Dan Bennet, Thien Fu
Favorite Impressionist: Mike Wilson
Favorite Hypnotist: Fernandez
Favorite Ventriloquist: Dan Horn
Favorite Comedians: Scott Wyler, Troy Thirdgill, Phil Tag, Richie Minnervinni, Sarge
Favorite "Other" Catagory: Uber Rossi

Steve,
How cool are you...you of course know that if I had my own cruise line, you'd be the first comedian I'd book...but I'd also make you play in the lounge so people can know that you're a hot stuff guitar player too. That way I could sit in with you anytime I wanted.
Life is cool on the Diamond Princess...we're the Hawaiian band for the season. Any chance we'll see you out here for a cruise or two? Stay well and in touch.

Aloha,
Dave
Elua

lyntony
October 9th, 2007, 06:32 PM
Our all-time favourite comedian is STEVE MORIS. We saw him 4 times last year (3 on CB and 1 on Crown), and would love to see him again.

We really enjoyed dancing to Danny and Janna (I think that is what they were called). They are a couple from Western Canada, and we were on 2 cruises (a few years ago), when they were playing. Very nice people, and great music to dance to.

Our favourite pool band is Epithany (sp?).

Lyntony

gooch47
October 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Greg Bonham

skennedy25
October 9th, 2007, 07:09 PM
My favorite magician/comedian was James"the kid" Michaels. He made me laugh till i wet my pants. he always had his pet skunk with him.

Momma Mojito
October 10th, 2007, 05:58 AM
Greg Bonham

We did not care for Greg Bonham. He was much too loud and wasted alot of time annoucing the band. In fact the night we saw him after about the first 15 minutes alot of people walked out. We are in our early sixties and sorry to say we might have lasted 30 minutes. Felt bad but did not enjoy him. Went to see our great group Phoenix Rising in the Wheelhouse Bar for a fantastic night of music. Fan of Phoenix Rising

Northender
October 10th, 2007, 10:45 AM
Thanks Lady45 for the numbers.
It is still early for my cruise. Maybe I can ask to have them on the Crown in April, 2008:)
Do you think anyone will listen:D

lkneller
October 10th, 2007, 12:37 PM
We enjoyed them on the Grand a few years ago. They were great musicians and also very friendly guys. They even had my husband up dancing with them and normally he doesn't dance at all! We still watch the video we made of them and would love to see them again.

gooch47
October 10th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Different strokes, obviously. (Re: Greg Bonham)

I liked that he mixed up the music so much. Everything from Andrea Boccelli to songs he wrote himself.

Nancyquilts
October 10th, 2007, 04:16 PM
We really enjoyed the comedian Kevin Hughes on our Island cruise to Hawaii earlier this year. After we heard him, I was so sorry I missed the first of his shows. Nancy

pejay
October 10th, 2007, 06:01 PM

Are you thinking of Fernandez? He is so funny:-)

Momma Mojito
October 10th, 2007, 06:17 PM
Thanks Lady45 for the numbers.
It is still early for my cruise. Maybe I can ask to have them on the Crown in April, 2008:)
Do you think anyone will listen:D

Northender I sure hope they will. These guys were great!! If Princess lets them go they have lost some great entertainers. Call Princess and tell them to bring Phoenix Rising back to their ships. Entertainment deptartment 661-753-2403 or fax 661-753-0118

lookayellowbird
October 11th, 2007, 01:31 AM
Hi you guys!
That's cool! Thanks! My schedule is CB until end of Oct. Doing a main show for a 2-day VIP cruise to nowhere on the Emerald out of Lauderdale Oct 25-26, a week with Louie Anderson at the Excalibur Nov 4-7. Then I have 2 last CB dates, 3 Crown dates and 2 Golden by New Year's Eve. After which I'll either be doing my own show in LV at the Excalibur - or - Mid-Jan thru May 06 on the Golden then Vegas.
Aloha to both of you, we need to get together and play some music again like we did on the Crown!
Say hi to David Cole for me, tell him my son Stevie loved the toys he gave him! (and thanks!!!)
Love
Steve

Steve,
How cool are you...you of course know that if I had my own cruise line, you'd be the first comedian I'd book...but I'd also make you play in the lounge so people can know that you're a hot stuff guitar player too. That way I could sit in with you anytime I wanted.
Life is cool on the Diamond Princess...we're the Hawaiian band for the season. Any chance we'll see you out here for a cruise or two? Stay well and in touch.

Aloha,
Dave
Elua

PescadoAmarillo
October 11th, 2007, 09:19 AM
Cary Long is one of the funniest comedians we've seen on any cruise ship. He moves around between the cruise lines. As for production cast singers, we really enjoyed Jennifer and Greg Hammond (husband and wife) on our Diamond Princess cruise. They were great, and he in particular was very approachable around the ship.

Northender
October 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
Northender I sure hope they will. These guys were great!! If Princess lets them go they have lost some great entertainers. Call Princess and tell them to bring Phoenix Rising back to their ships. Entertainment deptartment 661-753-2403 or fax 661-753-0118

Well I called Princess Entertainment - typical conversation.

Advised that Phoenix Rising is on a break and they are negotiating with their Agent as to what is next.
I asked if I could put in a request for them on my sailing and she said - sure. I was being patronized, but gave it a go.

Too bad they didn't have a website:)

Cosmic Rays
October 12th, 2007, 03:57 PM
Mine's another vote for Bert.............
We were on the Caribbean Princess in January 2005. The others all went to bed but I stayed up until the small hours and enjoyed his manic performances and brilliant piano playing. Always difficult to get a seat - enough said.............

Colin:) :)

PS Shame we can't borrow him on the Emerald on the 15th January..

Momma Mojito
October 12th, 2007, 10:59 PM
Well I called Princess Entertainment - typical conversation.

Advised that Phoenix Rising is on a break and they are negotiating with their Agent as to what is next.
I asked if I could put in a request for them on my sailing and she said - sure. I was being patronized, but gave it a go.

Too bad they didn't have a website:)
Glad to hear you put in the request for Phoenix Rising. I know they will greatly appreciate anyone putting in a good word for them. I will call Princess again next week and put in the request too. Hopefully others who read this will do the same.

seastar2
October 12th, 2007, 11:35 PM

We also enjoyed a hyponist on the Dawn 2 yrs ago..named Alexander something...had about a dozen or so folks on stage but some folks in the audiance also went under!!!!!

I remember Jere Ring from several trips on the "old" Royal in the mid 1990's
he did a Bert Statton type of act.

gardenbaskets
October 13th, 2007, 04:42 AM
I liked Billy Hygate, the cruise director on the Island Princess in April 2007. He sang "If I were a Rich Man" and you couldn't tell it was him. Stunning!! He did a few different walk on's and he was amazing. A very talented personable guy!! Funny too.

Cruise Amuse
October 13th, 2007, 11:01 PM
I've read so much about Bert Stratton that I'm glad I'll get a chance to see him on my next cruise (CB / 11-25). Some comedians I have enjoyed are Sarge & Al Katz. Rick Corso is great and there was a husband & wife couple from England on the Crown in June and they were so talented and hilarious. I cannot remember their names but she did a Tina Turner impression that was spot on and he was a very talented guitarist. They received a standing ovation that lasted several minutes. :D

lookayellowbird
October 13th, 2007, 11:42 PM
Hi
That sounds like Nick & Tina (AKA Kamika). They are as nice as they are talented.
I'll be your comic when you come onboard the 25th / please find me and say hello! There will be another comedian when I leave Wednesday for the second half. Might be Sarge but not sure. I'll say hello to Bert for you tomorrow when I see him :)
All the best
Steve Moris

chil-laxin
October 28th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Our Vote is Bert Stratton all the way, we have seen him on I think 4 cruises, and are looking forward to seeing him again in 3 weeks!! :D

Silvara7
October 28th, 2007, 05:40 PM
Not only was Kevin Huges a great comedian in the Island last year, he had some life lessons as well. Great show! Had us ROFLOAO. :D:D:D

Queenmum
October 28th, 2007, 06:56 PM
Recently on the Crown to New England and in the piazza there was an acapella group called SPANX. This was a fun loving, good singing, happy group of men singing songs I grew up with - Under the Boardwalk, Duke of Earl, My Girl etc.

It was so much fun and everyone sang along.

Duncan Turk was also on this cruise and he is wonderful.

cusyl
October 28th, 2007, 07:59 PM

Loved Mauricio, what ship is he on now? He was on the Golden when we saw him...Also, loved Eula on the Grand last year.

One4gip
October 28th, 2007, 10:39 PM
Bert is our favorite! However, Kamika is also a great act dua. Both are very entertaining and keep us laughing and wanting to come back for more.

BrandiGreg
October 28th, 2007, 10:40 PM
I would vote for Duncan Tuck for most talented....his guitar playing was the best I have ever seen, especially flamenco and (if I recall) "Classical Gas"....it literally brought tears to my eyes, that a human being could make such music. The two times I have seen him he got a rousing standing ovation.

Kevin Hughes was a favorite also, very genuine, good mix of comedy and observations on the human condition we can all relate to.

spingal
October 28th, 2007, 10:43 PM
My fav entertainer actually was a past cruise director.This goes back maybe 4-5 yrs ago. Can't remember his name. Only CD I have ever seen who dressed in black all the time and had long hair. He was a great comedian with a wonderful dry Brit wit. Loved watching his morning show on tv and actually looked forward to his opening and closing of the acts.

Graham Seymour???? If it is him, he left Princess years ago and went to RCCL. I think he has since retired from cruising.

And I love..........
SARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

marlinmike
October 28th, 2007, 10:46 PM
[quote=spingal;12175144]Graham Seymour???? If it is him, he left Princess years ago and went to RCCL. I think he has since retired from cruising./quote]

He's on the Navigator of the Seas. Seems RCCL is still treating him right.

spingal
October 28th, 2007, 10:47 PM
[quote=spingal;12175144]Graham Seymour???? If it is him, he left Princess years ago and went to RCCL. I think he has since retired from cruising./quote]

He's on the Navigator of the Seas

I sure wish he would return to Princess!!! Thanks for the update!

prophotogirl
October 28th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Another vote for Bert Stratton!

fraubritta
November 8th, 2007, 02:43 PM
Does anyone know who the bands are on the Grand Princess right now? We are going in a few weeks and would love to have one of our favorite dance bands on board. Thanks,

kool kruiser
November 9th, 2007, 07:38 AM
How about the wonderful pianist/entertainer Paul Burton. Saw him many moons ago on the Dawn and still can't forget him.
This thread has made me realise just how many fab entertaainers we have yet to enjoy, although we have seen a number of others on regular occasions. Try and mix em up for us please, Princess.

sunsetbeachgal
November 9th, 2007, 07:45 AM
I've never seen passengers having so much fun as they did during the piano shows of Maurizio on a Med/Greek Isles sailing last fall. There was so much dancing in the aisles of the piano bar in the atrium, that we were scared that someone might take a tumble down the grand staircase! Does anyone know if he only performs on European sailings?

ILuv2Cruze
November 10th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Hi
That sounds like Nick & Tina (AKA Kamika). They are as nice as they are talented.
I'll be your comic when you come onboard the 25th / please find me and say hello! There will be another comedian when I leave Wednesday for the second half. Might be Sarge but not sure. I'll say hello to Bert for you tomorrow when I see him :)
All the best
Steve Moris

Looking forward to enjoying your performance on the Crown 12/15 sailing !
Also, do you know who else will be sharing entertainment spots with you on that sailing. Thanks and "see ya on board":)

Kerry&LuAnn
November 10th, 2007, 06:54 PM
Hi
All the best
Steve Moris

Steve, we've seen you perform. You are hilarious!! :D

lecturer
November 14th, 2007, 04:48 PM
People raved about a female vocalist named Davidia who sang on the Sun Princess between Fiji and New Zealand.

coiran
November 14th, 2007, 05:32 PM
Joe Sackenheim in the production shows and Paul Burton playing piano and wisecracking under the "illuminated pizza" on the Sun class ships.

Ron

stevel45
November 14th, 2007, 05:37 PM
ELUA

They are as nice as they are talented
We had the pleasure of seeing them on the CB, and the Crown
Hi Dave & Faline, hope we bump into you again
Steve & Lorraine from Boston

C&F
November 14th, 2007, 10:26 PM
Sarge! Funny guy and also a great guy to talk to.

tispwisp
November 14th, 2007, 10:50 PM
Great topic! I would have to say my all time favorite is Uber Rossi. He's the only entertainer I remember from our very first cruise on the Golden Princess. It was great to see him again on the Emerald. What an amazing talent!

I also loved Lovena B Fox, Sarge & Fernandez.

Even though he was a cruise director, I have to say that Alistair Greener (from our Golden cruise) was not just a great cruise director, but a funny and talented entertainer as well.

bdwyer
November 14th, 2007, 11:34 PM
Ahhh...wondered when someone was going to bring up Paul Burton. Is he still on the Grand? And what about Brett Cave? Crooners was so crowded on the Emerald this summer when he was on board that they had to move him to a larger venue one night. We'd love to see Fernandez again :D

Times Prince
November 15th, 2007, 12:03 AM
Definitely Daniel Mills has been the best entertainer we've encountered on our cruises. And if you ever wondered what impact those appreciation cards at the end of a cruise have, then consider the fact that our card is quoted on his web site http://www.danielmills.co.uk/testimonials.htm along with the following (we're Bob and Joanne):

Testimonials
“You’ve shared your gift of music with me, thank you” - Michael Jackson, March 2007
“Wow! Excellent performer, talented and witty” - Mitchell, April 2007
“….an outstanding musical talent, selection and audience interactions” - Bob & Joanne Ferguson
“Thanks for doing such a great job - you rock!” - James Lay, February 2007
“You’re brilliant, funny and energetic - dry, wry and sardonic too” - G.Crookes, January 2005

slgjhg
November 15th, 2007, 03:29 AM
Hi All,

We were on the Dawn this summer and Eric Stone "jammed " with two of the entertainers, for the ships' shows, for hours. It was amazing. Never seen anything like it !!!! It was a mezmerizing evening. We loved it.

Alan and Alana, years of the best trivia at sea. Great people who do an equally great service to princess. They get our vote every time. Really enjoy their company. "new" Royal.

Regards,

Shannon

suburban
November 15th, 2007, 10:07 AM
We are most certainly Bert-with-an-e fans and he is really in his element when entertaining in Crooners or a similar venue. In a larger room he loses his "living room" connection.

When it comes to a stage show, we've never enjoyed a shipboard show like we did the Beatle Maniacs and judging by the crowd's response we weren't alone. They had Beatle non-fans wanting more at the end. Very well produced, also.

hightownCO
November 15th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Does anyone happen to know who will be aboard Caribbean Princess 12/30/07 sailing?

VinTek
November 15th, 2007, 11:26 AM
We rather liked "Live Wire" when we were on the Star Princess during a Baltics cruise in 2005. They're currently in the Carribean on the Emerald Princess. It's the only time I was impressed enough by the talent on a cruise ship to purchase a CD.

Momma Mojito
November 15th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Again I will put my vote for Phoenix Rising. We sailed with them September 2 on the Caribbean Princess Great entertainers Great guys Great music. We want to sail with them again in the future. They are expected back on the Caribbean Princess February 3 2008. Don't miss them, in the Wheelhouse Bar, you will have a wonderful evening of fantastic music!!!!

vickie_bernie
November 15th, 2007, 09:29 PM
we liked Dan Bennett, juggler comedian... a little out there but quite funny

rjg41
November 16th, 2007, 07:29 AM
:) :) :) Billy Vader:) :) :)

ljandiernp
November 18th, 2007, 08:36 PM
You all have me wondering who will be entertaining on my March Caribbean Princess cruise now. Is there any place to find out? Thanks, Laurie

Northender
November 19th, 2007, 12:02 PM
Again I will put my vote for Phoenix Rising. We sailed with them September 2 on the Caribbean Princess Great entertainers Great guys Great music. We want to sail with them again in the future. They are expected back on the Caribbean Princess February 3 2008. Don't miss them, in the Wheelhouse Bar, you will have a wonderful evening of fantastic music!!!!

Shoot, there goes my April Crown Cruise. They are my favorites so far.

Lady45, how did you find this out??????:D

TJM001
November 19th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Another vote for the hypnotist, Alexander. We were at his show on the Dawn and he had the entire audience in stitches.
I had never seen a hypnotist in action before that and was skeptical going in but I have never laughed so hard in my life.

mauimango
November 19th, 2007, 02:05 PM
I've never really enjoyed the lounge piano players, but Brett Cave changed my mind. He was fabulous!

OCNJ Cruiser
November 19th, 2007, 02:48 PM
I quickly scrolled through all of your posts and I saw no mention of Roger Carr. I was not fortunate enough to see him on board some years ago, but my parents brought home his CD. What wonderful piano/vocals!! Guess there aren't many musical fans on these boards, because thats what he sang most. He was recently playing at the Laguna Beach Inn , where it just so happens I will be attending a wedding in March..cross my fingers he is still there!
Also, I love the Princess singers and dancers, they always put on a great show...the last one I saw was Destination Anywhere...and I hear the new one is even better!
Happy Cruisin,
Kate

Momma Mojito
November 21st, 2007, 09:11 AM
Shoot, there goes my April Crown Cruise. They are my favorites so far.

Lady45, how did you find this out??????:D

Northender, Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner but havn't been online for a few days. I called Princess entertainment department and they told me.