Progresso and Elderly parents

txtwinmom

When we stop in Progresso, I plan on taking my parents and parent-in-laws shopping and to eat lunch. Where would be a good place to eat? Ages will be 83, 76, 78, 80 and me the 52 year old. Should I also try some sort of a tour of the island by tour guide?

From what I was told, food was dirt cheap there and very good(we did not have time to eat). You should take the $2 double decker bus tour of the island when the bus lets you off right at the flea market. If you sit on top beware of the tree limbs. It has the best view though. I got GREAT pics from that and really liked it the best of anything I did in Progresso. Now if you want to go to Merida, that might be nice too. It is much more polished. There are tours there, but if it were me, I might talk specifically to a guide and ask what they would be taking you to see. Our was a walking tour in Merida, but it was too rushed. If we had more time, it would have been wonderful. Make sure if you do a tour, you find out if they will allow time to eat. Our guide wanted us to eat a taco plate on our bus ride home, and that was not my idea of a real cultural experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

We can't do organized tours because our son has autism and we have to be "flexible" with him.

I think we will take the shuttle to where the double decker bus is and then head back to the ship.

Cozumel is our other stop and that is always his big beach day at Paradise Beach. (Our favorite stop...which is why we have been there 4 times in a year.)

Archived