PDA

View Full Version : Swimming Pools

Dutchman
August 4th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Does anyone know how I can find out which ships have freshwater pools VS sea water? Would I have to go to each specific line that I may be interestd in sailing on to find this information?

spcl4cs_gal
August 4th, 2004, 10:35 PM
I was under the impression the all of the Vista ships had fresh water in their pools...not too sure about the others though.

mountainmare
August 5th, 2004, 07:05 PM
We were the Rotterdam last Feb and both pools were fresh water.

CaptData
August 5th, 2004, 07:39 PM
Princess has fresh water pools 24/7.

tammar
August 5th, 2004, 11:06 PM
The Millie has salt water pools. Loved those pools.

Thoth
August 6th, 2004, 12:49 AM
The Maasdam, Statendam, and Oosterdam each had fresh water pools when I sailed.

stillfrantic
August 6th, 2004, 05:58 AM
All the Disney Cruise Line Pools are fresh water.

stillfrantic
August 6th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Things brings up a question about the Zuiderdam though. Are the pools heated? If not are they so warm from the weather than I shouldn't worry, or are they so cold, I'll never want to swim?:o

gizmo
August 6th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Yes, the pools are heated. Sometimes they are too hot. On my last cruise, myself and a number of other pax asked to have the temperature turned down.
The following day it was much better.

vicnsue
August 11th, 2004, 12:12 PM
We are planning our first HAL cruise, glad to hear the pools are fresh water. Are the pools open when we get on board? We like to carry on our suits and start the vacation with a drink and a swim!

HALCruiseStaff
August 11th, 2004, 06:38 PM
S-Class ships generally have the outdoor AFT pool as a filtered salt water pool and the indoor midship pool on lido deck as a regular pool.

both are clorinated due to sanitary reasons, the aft one has a hint of salt water. keep in mind, it's dependant on location and time of year...

Krazy Kruizers
August 11th, 2004, 06:41 PM
:)

I have rarely seen a pool open when we get on a ship. The nets are usually drawn over the pools until we leave port. Many are not filled until we get out into the open waters.

:)

F5Loar
August 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM
On our Maasdam in June the mid pool was fresh and the aft pool was not.

dst
August 12th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Zuiderdam in July they are fresh water ,,,, however they were FILTHY! People had their babaies in them with diapers on, they never emptied the pool and by the second day looked like dirty bath water!