PDA

View Full Version : tropical depression #4 - 5 day forecast

npeters
August 13th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Check out the forecasted track of tropical depression #4. If continues, may affect upcoming sailings of Zui in Caribbean!

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT04/refresh/AL0404W5+GIF/131823W5.gif

divinggirl
August 13th, 2004, 04:15 PM
I'll pretend I never even saw your picture, ignorance is bliss...;)

Let's hope it does a u-turn and goes back where it came from, but if it can't do that then hopefully it will swing WAAAY northeast like Alex did...

jazzsea
August 13th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Plenty of time for this one to change direction. Right?

CruisinNana
August 13th, 2004, 04:44 PM
We are heading for New England and Canada for the Aug 21 cruise. Surely hope it doesn't affect that!!!

divinggirl
August 13th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Now check the link, it looks as though it may head more northerly...but then there's also TD 5...:(

spcl4cs_gal
August 13th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Maybe if it slows down a bit the Z can get the heck out of Ft Lauderdale and move us on to Key West (or further) before TD #4 (or 5 or 6 or 7 or....) arrives. :)

divinggirl
August 13th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Now check the link, it looks as though it may head more northerly...but then there's also TD 5...:(Hey, the 11 PM update has newly named "Danielle" turning northerly, seemingly right at Baltimore...all this talk about down south, would it not be unbelievable if FLL was fine and I couldn't leave THIS PLACE??!?!?!?!?!

Well, now it seems as though TD 5 may be the problem, looking to head towards GC and Jamaica by Wed...:( :eek:

Tatka
August 14th, 2004, 12:11 AM
Hey, the 11 PM update has newly named "Danielle" turning northerly, seemingly right at Baltimore...all this talk about down south, would it not be unbelievable if FLL was fine and I couldn't leave THIS PLACE??!?!?!?!?!

Well, now it seems as though TD 5 may be the problem, looking to head towards GC and Jamaica by Wed...:( :eek:
Zui will be sailing Eastern Caribbean route this week...but I hope all these storms are gone by the time we board the ship! (I hope!!!)

seaventurer
August 14th, 2004, 12:38 AM
TD#5 is the next threat, TD#4 will most probably stray into the North Atlantic avoiding land...

Here is TD#5 (again) - -

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/tracking/at200405_5day.html

divinggirl
August 14th, 2004, 10:28 AM
TS 5 will almost certainly affect the Caribbean and Gulf later this week, and I think possibly the Zuiderdam sailing this week :eek: and maybe our 8/21 W. Caribbean sailing...Although it seems to be fast moving, projected to be around Jamaica by Wed, if it turns like Charley it will be virtually the same timing.

I hope this is not the case, obviously, I don't think FL can handle another one so soon...:(