PDA

View Full Version : Noordam St Lucia - 2 Stops?

twinkletoes4445
December 26th, 2007, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know why the Noordam shows two stops in St. Lucia on 1/27/09? The itinerary lists Castries, St. Lucia from 8-3 and then Soufriere, St Lucia from 5-6. Are you able to re-board the ship from either location (and are they close together)? I noticed a longer island tour and I was wondering if maybe that tour ended in Soufriere rather than Castries.

jeanlyon
December 26th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Hi there. It's about 25 miles by road from Castries to Souffriere. I would guess that one of the tours that the ship offers would end up at Souffriere. Whether you can do that with a private tour I wouldn't know.

sail7seas
December 26th, 2007, 05:27 PM
That is exactly why...... to pick up guests who went on the ship's tour.

gizmo
December 26th, 2007, 05:31 PM
All of Hal's cruises that stop in St Lucia dock at Casteries then leave for Soufriere around 3:00.. I have been there 3 times.

No, you cannot board in Soufriere from a private tour. Only those on a ship tour that ends in Soufierre can do this. The ship does not dock, the pax on the tour are brought out to the ship by a tender.

When the ship leaves Castries and sails to Soufriere the view of the Pitons is awesome. Make sure you have your camera ready. :)

twinkletoes4445
December 26th, 2007, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the information. I imagine we'll do the ships excursion(s) most likely. It's a long ways off, but I am already thinking about what to do for the port days. :)

cruz chic
December 26th, 2007, 06:38 PM
When the ship leaves Castries and sails to Soufriere the view of the Pitons is awesome. Make sure you have your camera ready. :)

Good information. Thank you. I'll be going to St. Lucia in April so I'll make sure I'm out on deck for this.

Krazy Kruizers
December 26th, 2007, 06:42 PM
Do agree that the Pitons are awesome!! Every time we are there I always take pictures.

twinkletoes4445
December 26th, 2007, 07:06 PM

Thanks for this information. I meant to mention this in my earlier post. I've got a "must do" list going, and I added this to the list. :) I'm just giddy with excitement today. I even went out in the snow to see our TA today. I did leave a message on her machine (yesterday) and she called me bright and early today.