PDA

View Full Version : Floatie pen collecting?

eleanordew
January 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM
Does anyone else collect floaties? - Jean

Host Corkey
January 5th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Does anyone else collect floaties? - Jean
I don't really collect those types of pen - but I collect "PENS" in general from my travels - even hotel ones - those complimentary ship ones , etc etc....

but Yes, I have a lot of floaties and they are sooo cute! Corkey

BlackSeaGuy
February 27th, 2008, 07:46 PM
sometimes I buy them. Especially when there's nothing else to buy as a souvenir. Not only from the ships. The last one was from the Reagan library in Simi Valley

pmfan
March 9th, 2008, 12:12 PM
What are floaties?

BlackSeaGuy
March 10th, 2008, 08:15 PM
floaties: http://www.floatabout.com/

TanIslandGirl
April 3rd, 2008, 09:39 AM
:) I always purchase a few of these pens from each ship we sail on and all the other places we travel to. Every once in awhile I will pick up one of these pens and I'm taken back to that special place.

cruisinbuddy
April 15th, 2008, 05:24 PM
I like floating key chains. On my first cruise the must have prize was a floating key chain, kinda like CCLs ship on a stick. So I try to find one on each cruise. I've only been able to find another one on Disney.

Bella930
April 15th, 2008, 06:13 PM
Yes, I collect floaties too! It started because they were small, cheap and easy to carry. Now it has become a challenge because they seem to be harder and harder to find. I hope they aren't going to become extinct soon. Oh well, then maybe my collection will be worth some serious bucks - not...

stunnedinva
April 15th, 2008, 06:20 PM
I started collecting float pens (although I call them nerd pens) on my first trip to Europe in '85. They were everywhere then--not so easy to find now.:( But they sure are easy to pack! :)