Taxi Fare to Reef Yucatan Resort

tlk93

Hello to all,

My husband, 2 daughters (4 yrs & 15 yrs), and I have decided to visit the Reef Yucatan Resort while in Progreso. We are doing this on our own and would like to know how much we should expect to pay in taxi fare roundtrip. I did see the post about hiring the taxi for a day at $80 but did not know if that was a standard rate since that was a group or if it's less since it's only 4 of us.

Thanks so much in advance for all of your help.:)

Tisha, I just called the hotel and spoke to Moises. The cost for a cab is $45 each way. The all inclusive is $50 each per adult and $25 for kids. We are leaving today on a ship that is late getting into port.

We might do it but also considering Auto Progeso a company that has a bus to the hotel for less. Don't know how much. DH tells me to check these boards that's why I'm here.

Tisha, I just called the hotel and spoke to Moises. The cost for a cab is $45 each way. The all inclusive is $50 each per adult and $25 for kids. We are leaving today on a ship that is late getting into port.

We might do it but also considering Auto Progeso a company that has a bus to the hotel for less. Don't know how much. DH tells me to check these boards that's why I'm here.

This seems a little expensive to me. For just 2 adults you're talking about close to $200 for just a few hours:( I really wanted to go to The Reef Club, but I might have to reconsider

We just got back from the Reef Yucatan "tour" with AutoProgreso and thought it was worth the money. The bus from the ship to Progreso drops you off at the AutoProgreso terminal so you can catch the Reef Yucatan bus from there. (Actually, at the terminal in Progreso, you can catch any of the AutoProgreso tours).

Our bus left at 9:45 and arrived about 35 minutes later at the Reef Yucatan. The bus was nice and the ride was pleasant, but they didn't offer any drinks on-board--apparently they did at one time. For those who were interested the bus then departed to the nearby ruins for a short tour--about 30-45 minutes we were told; so you had the option of just staying at the hotel or seeing both the resort and the ruins for the same price. (Apparently the ruins were small and could be seen in about 10-15 minutes.)

We had 3 hours to enjoy the resort and left at 1:30 for the ride directly back to the ship--the bus didn't stop in Progreso so we didn't have to catch a second bus to the ship--which was nice.

The total cost was $45 each which included the transportation, use of pool and beach, and the all your food and drink. The food was okay, nothing special, and I wasn't too fond of the Margaritas (they tasted too much like the mix), but I changed to straight Tequila and everything got better!

Overall, I think it was a bargain and a great way to spend the day. :)

• 4 weeks later...

As soon as you get off the ship there is an Autoprogreso representative after the meeting point for the previous-booking-ship's-tours, you will see them selling the tours right at the pier.

St. Zoomer, did you book your tour prior to your trip or just walked up to Autoprogreso once there?

Actually, we took the free bus from the ship to town which dropped us off at the AutoProgresso depot--the normal stop in Progreso. At the depot they were selling a lot of different tours so we just booked it from there.

A great way to spend the day, IMO.:)

• 2 weeks later...
Actually, we took the free bus from the ship to town which dropped us off at the AutoProgresso depot--the normal stop in Progreso. At the depot they were selling a lot of different tours so we just booked it from there.

A great way to spend the day, IMO.:)

Did you have any time to shop at the open air market beside the bus depot before leaving for the Reef club?

Guests usually shop after being at the Hotel Reef Yucatan - there are free shuttles back to the boat every 10 minutes or so.

I thought I had read in one of the above posts that the bus from the Reef Club drops you off at the ship.. So you have the option of returning to the open air market on the bus? Is the stop before the ships drop off or after? Thanks for your help..

I thought I had read in one of the above posts that the bus from the Reef Club drops you off at the ship.. So you have the option of returning to the open air market on the bus? Is the stop before the ships drop off or after? Thanks for your help..

If you are taking this tour with Autoprogreso, check what ship are you traveling in, if it docks by 7am you can take the shuttle, it stops at La Casa de la Cultura (Culture House) where the little handcrafts flea market is, you can buy the tour getting off the shuttle or right at the pier. This tour starts by 9.45 or 10 am (right from the shuttle bus stop) so you would have some time to shop before your tour, or getting back from your tour you have to take the shuttle bus from the pier to the Culture House, buses runs every 10 to 15 min from the pier to downtown Progreso all day long, trip along the 4-mile-long-pier is 10 mins aprox. each way, and the last one leaves Culture House 30 mins before the ship departure.

Yes, you can choose to get off the bus at the Casa de Cultura or go directly to the boat.

They didn't give us that option--told us that we were going directly back to the ship. Nobody asked if they could get off at the terminal so maybe that is a possibility if you ask.

We had enough time to shop before the trip and I think that was best. If you eat, drink, and swim for several hours at the resort you may not have the energy to start shopping on the return. Personally, I was glad to go directly to the ship and not have to spend time trying to catch another ride to the ship. :)

It seems shopping before the Reef club is the best plan.. I suspect after a day at the pool, I will be ready for a shower..

Did you book the Reef club tour at the shopping center just off the ship or at the open air market?

Did you book the Reef club tour at the shopping center just off the ship or at the open air market?

There was a booth and reps from AutoProgresso in the shopping area where the ship docked at the end of the pier as well as at their depot in town.

Archived