PDA

View Full Version : Discounts for Carnival Shareholders

Desert Cruisers
April 15th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Does Princess (or any other of the Carnival-owned lines) give discounts to Carnival shareholders? If yes, can this discount be combined with any other discounts/on-board credits? How large is this discount usually?

Thanks for any info.:)

Toto2Kansas
April 15th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Onboard credit is offered, but no discount that I have ever heard of.

BJS
April 15th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Does Princess (or any other of the Carnival-owned lines) give discounts to Carnival shareholders? If yes, can this discount be combined with any other discounts/on-board credits? How large is this discount usually?

Thanks for any info.:) There is no discount but
IF you own 100 shares or more of Carnival Stock - CCL- you are entitled to shareholder benefit of shipboard credit:
$50 for cruises 6 days or less
$100 7-13 days
$250 14 days or longer

This is per stateroom and not per person.

As of Feb 2008 this can once again be combined with FCC or booking onboard OBCs. It can not be combined with certain discounted fares like those received by booking with military discounts.

nklpikl
April 15th, 2008, 12:52 PM
There is no discount but
IF you own 100 shares or more of Carnival Stock - CCL- you are entitled to shareholder benefit of shipboard credit:
$50 for cruises 6 days or less
$100 7-13 days
$250 14 days or longer

This is per stateroom and not per person.

This is great info, thank you. Are these numbers the same for both Princess and Carnival?

booklady26
April 15th, 2008, 01:03 PM
It applies to all lines owned by Carnival, including Princess, HAL, Cunard & others.

I usually just fax my latest stock brokerage statement which shows the CCL/CUK shares owned and my TA's statement for my cruise. I've never been turned down.

Here's a link which gives the details.

http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

Desert Cruisers
April 16th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the info!:)